AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate followers

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2018
Twitter Username
@Lilycutiee
MFC Username
lilly_cutiee
Hello, I have a question more for the Chaturbate models. How long did it take you to reach 100,000 followers? How long you had to cam until getting stable in finances and being able to live from it? Thanks for any replies :)

Hi! I am not at 100k yet but I have been camming for a year this month and am at 60k. I think it is different for me though because I was feeling really depressed for a bit and my father passed away this March so I have take a ton of time off the last 6 months. Now I am on the way back up. I usually want to get around 300 followers / show, so I will try and hit that or 2k tokens to meet my minimum. Hope that helps

Reactions: Pretty_11 and Mila_
You can in no way predict your own success based on what others' have earned or gained. What someone may be able to support themselves on will be totally different for someone else. For example, I've never made more than $10 on cam despite staying on hours at a time, and I've always found it hard to gain followers etc. That being said, I am fat and this does take a definite toll on my sales and interactions.

For example, I've never made more than $10 on cam despite staying on hours at a time, and I've always found it hard to gain followers etc. That being said, I am fat and this does take a definite toll on my sales and interactions.

Yoooo, major thread derail but I highly recommend trying out Streamate if you're struggling on token sites as a BBW. I won't say it's perfect, I've had some shit-traffic shifts, but I pretty much pay my rent with SM alone.

Yoooo, major thread derail but I highly recommend trying out Streamate if you're struggling on token sites as a BBW. I won't say it's perfect, I've had some shit-traffic shifts, but I pretty much pay my rent with SM alone.

I have an acc with Streamate! I haven't been on yet because I'm scared that my crappy internet won't keep up - I'm still mad they stopped the internet upgrades 20 metres from my house and just left us to bad internet. And upgrades aren't due until September, but previously said August, so maybe it'll be pushed back even further.
upload_2018-5-14_19-48-59.png

My ass deserves to be seen in HD damnit

The amount of followers you get every show will depend on:

1) Your placement on the site.

2) How long you are on cam for every day.

When you are in the top row of the featured page during your broadcast you can expect about 100 followers per hour. When you are the top cam you can expect about 200-400 new followers per hour or even more depending on the day.

I have a newbie question, don't kill me please :)
I am assuming that the aim is to convert followers into consumers, just like with mainstream followers, to engage with them, reach out etc?
I just wish to know if the vanity numbers principals are relevant in this case too.
Sorry for the redundant question, it's just that I only found the courage and time to ask this now :)

I have an acc with Streamate! I haven't been on yet because I'm scared that my crappy internet won't keep up - I'm still mad they stopped the internet upgrades 20 metres from my house and just left us to bad internet. And upgrades aren't due until September, but previously said August, so maybe it'll be pushed back even further.
View attachment 76257

I'm guessing you're in Australia or New Zealand? The crap internet there is the only thing keeping me from relocating. :)

3 years i have now 460k follower, full time everyday
after 300k followers they go up very slow
not important, need user with tokens on room to stay in 1° page up

View attachment 76257

Oh, yikes, get on them to get you upgraded, holy butts dude!

• Funny!
Reactions: QuinnLane
I’ve been vaguely camming for a year, but really only consistent for the last 2-3 months (camming 15-20 days per month). I have less than 9K followers. But I’m already making enough to cover the core of my living expenses. As in rent, bills, groceries, etc. I would definitely feel like I was struggling if CB was my sole income, but luckily it’s not, and I’m very pleased that it’s covering the core of my living expenses already.

I see models with 100K+ followers making really good money on average, but I don’t think number of followers necessarily determines income. My offering is very niche, which means I gain followers more slowly, but also gain regulars who spend on me more easily too.

I’ve been vaguely camming for a year, but really only consistent for the last 2-3 months (camming 15-20 days per month). I have less than 9K followers. But I’m already making enough to cover the core of my living expenses. As in rent, bills, groceries, etc. I would definitely feel like I was struggling if CB was my sole income, but luckily it’s not, and I’m very pleased that it’s covering the core of my living expenses already.

I see models with 100K+ followers making really good money on average, but I don’t think number of followers necessarily determines income. My offering is very niche, which means I gain followers more slowly, but also gain regulars who spend on me more easily too.
I think we addressed the same point. Less followers or vanity numbers, but a high engagement and conversion rate. Maybe I’m starting to figure out stuff, little by little.

I think we addressed the same point. Less followers or vanity numbers, but a high engagement and conversion rate. Maybe I’m starting to figure out stuff, little by little.

It's definitely a vanity number. Chaturbate accounts are easy to make, you don't even need an email address to register, and it grants users the ability to follow models. So if you have 100k followers over half of that will be grey users and of those a big chunk are inactive since they created the account, used it a couple of times and then forgot about it.

The only thing that matters is how engaging you are when you broadcast. Everything else is just an accessory.

The only thing that matters is how engaging you are when you broadcast. Everything else is just an accessory.

Ehhh... I agree that being engaging is super important, but probably not the “only thing that matters”. I’m trying to be as engaging as possible when I broadcast, but it’s probably my WEAKEST point in camming. Something that I know I need to work on to increase my success. I think most of my initial start-up success is because I already knew before getting started exactly where my most profitable niche lies for something like camming and focused on it without having to do a lot of experimentation regarding what it was that clients were ready to drop money on with me. But like, I really struggle with talking vs typing, showing personality, etc. I’m well aware that it’s really important to be engaging, but seem to be having success right now despite the fact that I struggle with it. Which I really DOUBT would be the case if I didn’t already have such a good understanding of my niche going in.

Reactions: QuinnLane and Pia
I'm guessing you're in Australia or New Zealand? The crap internet there is the only thing keeping me from relocating. :)
New Zealand - most towns are getting Fibre faster and faster though.

Reactions: kendra0knight
Everyone says to start on Chaturbate and then try MFC.
But I've found that MFC has been better to me.

I feel like the people on Chaturbate are more troll-y.
They're there to jerk and that's it.
I've had 1k people in my room and barely made a thing.
Some nights I barely made $10.

But over on MFC, I tend to make more.
I feel like it's more friendly, and people are happy to chill and chat.

The grind on chaturbate is hard. But at least it doesn't have a camscore to battle with.
Don't make the mistake of working for pennies, and keep your worth has high as you can.
Only time I do things for cheaper is for a regular who has tipped a lot in the past, or as an introductory offer for a first time tipper.

Good question. I wonder the same. I have camming since January 2018. Work Mondays-Fridays between 9am till 4pm (cant do other hours with kids). At first it seemed to be going really good. Then it started to decline and now i am struggling. Not sure if its the season (summer time) or me. My traffic is slow. Rarely have more then 70 people at a time. I am on CB. Gaining followers really slow.

You can in no way predict your own success based on what others' have earned or gained. What someone may be able to support themselves on will be totally different for someone else. For example, I've never made more than $10 on cam despite staying on hours at a time, and I've always found it hard to gain followers etc. That being said, I am fat and this does take a definite toll on my sales and interactions.

Hey! I was wondering if this got better for you in time? Or did you with to something else like clips/videos?

Hey! I was wondering if this got better for you in time? Or did you with to something else like clips/videos?
I've always done clips as well, but in all honesty it's not been a profit for me. I've been seriously thinking about what actions to take from here because the amount of energy I'm putting into my work, only to make no sales, is heartbreaking.

I also say that your follower count has absolutely nothing to do with how much you make on cam. I've been camming on CB since January off and on, but seriously the last 2-3. I have just about 2k followers and usually average under $100 a month while working 12-16 hours a week. I'd say I only have about 15 users that actually tip. Regs and non regs combined. I'm also a teasy, chubby, bww type who's mainly conversational, so yeah, these numbers are expected and growth of my brand will be slower.

Reactions: rstanton
I've always done clips as well, but in all honesty it's not been a profit for me. I've been seriously thinking about what actions to take from here because the amount of energy I'm putting into my work, only to make no sales, is heartbreaking.

I understand yet I don't feel like I've been in the game as long. It's super frustrating to work your ass off and not see a ROI.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
I have been on CB for 6 months I am just shy of 38,000 followers. I thought the larger your follower number combined with the viewers in your room got you to the front page, closer to the top of the list. This is why I think the follower number matters so much... am I wrong?

I have been on CB for 6 months I am just shy of 38,000 followers. I thought the larger your follower number combined with the viewers in your room got you to the front page, closer to the top of the list. This is why I think the follower number matters so much... am I wrong?
I don't think it has anything to do with followers, pretty sure it's the number of users with tokens that are in your room.

thank you!
no problem! pretty sure they changed it to amount of viewers with tokens, because people used to be able to use bots/fake accounts & get their view count up & get them to the front page

I know when my follower number goes up i feel a little thrill. I am only on cb for now... Im slowly trying to engage a following and hopefully some members will engage and tip. I never knew that some models get over 300k followers thats damn amazing

• Hugs
Reactions: Autumn Alexander
Status
Not open for further replies.