AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pink Cherry Phishing Scam.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emberblaze

Cam Model
Jan 9, 2015
The internet
Twitter Username
@Emberblazexxx
Streamate Username
Emberblazexxx
I just want to warn everyone about an email I just recieved that was a phishing scam meant to look like it was an email about a refund from Pink Cherry. Looking to get my credit card number.

The email came from a fishy address but it did end with @pinkcherry.ca

I'm not sure if they had a data breach or what because it is the email I use for ordering from them and not an email I have posted anywhere.

Be cautious!

I just want to warn everyone about an email I just recieved that was a phishing scam meant to look like it was an email about a refund from Pink Cherry. Looking to get my credit card number.

The email came from a fishy address but it did end with @pinkcherry.ca

I'm not sure if they had a data breach or what because it is the email I use for ordering from them and not an email I have posted anywhere.

Be cautious!

Everyone needs to know this:

Email addresses can easily be spoofed with hacking scripts (using simple SMTP) and softwares (e.g. PHP Mailer) these days. You could get an email from ___@facebook.com and it can be totally fake. Be on the lookout for this - I would advise never entering login info through an email, even if the sender looks legit (@chaturbate.com, admin@clips4sale.com, etc).

The way these work is the scammer will copy the html of the entire website they're phishing you from, so when you login via their email, you will first be taken to what appears to be the real homepage (but it isn't - it's an html code-copy hosted on an anonymous server), then you may even be re-directed to the actual website and logged into your account to make things look even more legitimate. The scammer will have embedded a php script in the code that logs your login credentials and logs it so they can access your account(s).

Be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.