AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

31 Days of Horror Films

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marceline

Cam Model
Aug 11, 2017
Okay, probably should have posted this at the beginning of the month , but does anyone else do 31 days of horror films in October? I try to stay on top of it as much as possible, haha.
So far:
Day 1: Gerald's Game
Day 2: Train to Busan
Day 3: Lake Mungo
Day 4: The Witch
Day 5: The Visit
Day 6: Cabin Fever

What horror films do you recommend or have watched recently?

Yes, actually! It's casual, and I include TV. Also, I'm very much after cheese and cool monsters more than scares. So, my October watch list is about 90% Full Moon fare. The more puppets and outlandish foam costumes, the more I'll love it. So far, I've watched:

Freaked
Society
Stan Against Evil (took up a few days -- definitely a fun show)
Ghoulies
American Gods (also multiple days -- also a fun show)

I'm also watching a lot of B-movie fantasy and sci-fi.

Tomorrow, it's all about Evil Dead. I've been looking forward to watching Ash vs. Evil Dead since the series was announced years ago, and I've been saving it until now. I'll be starting with Evil Dead 2. I'm debating about whether or not I want to hunt down Army of Darkness.

-Let The Right One In from 2008. Make sure you're watching the original and not the re-make. The best vampire film ever, period.
-The Babadook from 2014 is a cult in the making
-Spring, an awesome take on the "until the sunrise" romantic comedy concept
-Better Watch Out, surprisingly good and refreshing.
-You're Next , not sure of you're into the home invasion sub-genre,but this is the badass female take on it :)
Let me know when you run out of titles, I've seen way too many movies and I should get a life....

Reactions: Marceline
I actually am not a fan of American horror but there are some exceptions. My fav genre is horror. I am obsessed with horror movies. Martyr's, American Mary and Inside are my fav's :)

In No Particular Order:

*High tension

*RAW

*INSIDE (French foreign film)

*Martyr's

*American Mary

*A Serbian Film

*Dead Snow

* REC

*The Hills Have Eyes

*The Green Room

*Don't Breathe

The Wailing! It's a Korean horror film so will require a lot of reading of subtitles (it's a long film too at over 2 hours) but it's fantastic. Starts off very irreverent in tone with lots of light-hearted moments and comedy and playing on genre tropes and then it's like the film starts to turn the screw, and with each scene, there's a tension that builds and grows and it all bottlenecks at the end cutting between two scenes - one is the most tense decision-making scene I can remember watching, and the other is the creepiest fucking thing I think I've ever seen.

Note: If you're not well-versed in Korean folklore (I wasn't) then you'll likely have some unanswered questions at the end, but there are plenty of videos on Youtube you can watch afterwards to fill in the blanks and everything will make sense in retrospect.

Jacob's Ladder is worth a watch if you haven't seen it. Pretty old but has aged well and is unique. The original Texas Chainsaw is even older but still one of the creepiest movies to me.

The Snowman and Jigsaw both come out before Halloween and are hopefully decent.

Day 2: Train to Busan

Loved that one.

-Let The Right One In from 2008. Make sure you're watching the original and not the re-make.

Agreed, excellent choice.

For mine:

Alien and Aliens. Yes, these are technically horror films, so I will include them. :smuggrin:
The Host. Since you saw Train to Busan, I'll suggest this one.
Shaun of the Dead.
Zombieland.
Poltergeist. 1982 original, NOT the remake.
28 Days Later.
This is the End. The emma watson scene alone makes it worth it.
Gremlins.
Fright Night. Original one.
The Fearless Vampire Killers. Campy vampire fun.
The Dead Zone. 1983
A Nightmare on Elm Street.
Re-Animator.
The Wailling. South Korean movie again. Hell of a ride.
Cube. One of the better low budget horror movies out there.

Let The Right One In from 2008. Make sure you're watching the original and not the re-make. The best vampire film ever, period.
It is fantastic! I actually did everything in reverse. Watched Let Me In, the American remake. Then watched Let The Right One In. And then I read the book. Actually kind of enjoyed it that way because it just got better, instead of the other way.

I actually am not a fan of American horror but there are some exceptions. My fav genre is horror. I am obsessed with horror movies. Martyr's, American Mary and Inside are my fav's :)
I've been wanting to watch Martyrs! It's been super difficult for me to find. Netflix took it off of their dvd list and I was only able to find the remake on movie streaming sites.

The Wailing! It's a Korean horror film so will require a lot of reading of subtitles (it's a long film too at over 2 hours) but it's fantastic. Starts off very irreverent in tone with lots of light-hearted moments and comedy and playing on genre tropes and then it's like the film starts to turn the screw, and with each scene, there's a tension that builds and grows and it all bottlenecks at the end cutting between two scenes - one is the most tense decision-making scene I can remember watching, and the other is the creepiest fucking thing I think I've ever seen.
Just added this one to my Netflix queue! I'm actually a pretty big fan of Korean (and Asian in particular) horror films! I'm glad to know it's good!

Pumpkinhead!
Too notch monster right there
Omg. Pumpkinhead is creepy af! Watched it as a kid and almost had to nope out.

I am a sucker for Guillermo Del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth.
Pan's Labyrinth is seriously one of my favorite movies ever!!

I've been lazy with my movie watching the past few days. Thinking about taking a day to just binge watch all the scary movies.

I've been wanting to watch Martyrs! It's been super difficult for me to find. Netflix took it off of their dvd list and I was only able to find the remake on movie streaming sites.

I watched it on a streaming site and just streamed it. I can PM you the link :) Seriously amazing movie!!!

For the whedonverse fans, and those that don't mind some comedy with their horror, I'd definitely recommend Cabin in the Woods.

Cube. One of the better low budget horror movies out there.
Recommended. I'm having trouble finding anything to support this, but I'm pretty sure I once read that they found their shots getting interrupted by trains passing their cheap filming location, and then adjusted shooting to take advantage of the "special effect" imparted by the shaking two by fours. Really fun film for those that like to think about the production process.

Reactions: Kali Castle
Recommended. I'm having trouble finding anything to support this, but I'm pretty sure I once read that they found their shots getting interrupted by trains passing their cheap filming location, and then adjusted shooting to take advantage of the "special effect" imparted by the shaking two by fours. Really fun film for those that like to think about the production process.

https://finearts.uvic.ca/writing/websites/writ412-site/archive/volume1_issue2/cube_mccarvill.html

Natali used only one set, into the walls of which different-coloured panels were slid for different cells, and ingeniously incorporated the vibrations caused by trains passing near his warehouse studio into the film as mechanical movements of the cube, managing to produce an impeccable Hollywood sheen on the cheap.

Reactions: ramblin
Watching Raw, and it's actually pretty good. I've come to realize that I really enjoy gross out horror dramas with female leads. Definitely one of my favorite subcategory of horror films. A couple other ones with the same feel as this one worth mentioning are Excision (which was awesome), Eat, Starry Eyes and Contracted.

Reactions: BiancaBaker
If you like leading female roles in horror films, the Australian "Babadook" is a must see.
Watched it! I really liked it up until the end. The ending kind of killed it. I get that it's supposed to be metaphoric and all (don't want to say too much else and spoil it), but I just wasn't sold.

Watched it! I really liked it up until the end. The ending kind of killed it. I get that it's supposed to be metaphoric and all (don't want to say too much else and spoil it), but I just wasn't sold.
It was effective because it captured a horror that can happen in real life, and that is being a single mom on a breakdown. That's an effective horror story, no matter how super natural the evil force might be, it's the human factor that will propel the tragedy.

Last edited:
Anyone else going to watch the new Tokyo Ghoul live action film? I'm going see it Wednesday and I can't wait!!

Pontypool is one of my faves. It's like a zombie movie but kind of not.
Seconding Train to Busan. And The Babadook.
The Road is good; it's creepy enough at parts that I think it would count.

Pontypool is great! It genuinely scared me with the way people were infected.

Audition is also awesome. Miike is an amazing director. I highly recommend Imprint. It was originally made for Masters of Horror, but it was so graphic they couldn't air it on Showtime and instead added it to the DVD set. Possibly my favorite of all his films.

Also, I'm coming to the realization that I possibly watch too many movies.

Reactions: VanessaSantos
“Bubba Hotep” because it’s always cool to watch Elvis fight a mummy!

It's also always cool to watch Bruce Campbell.

Speaking of which, I'm still watching Ash vs. Evil Dead. Awesome and hilarious, and so far, a definite favorite. It is definitely Evil Dead. I've been having a lot of fun watching horror-oriented tv shows this October.

This morning, I did watch The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 -- the one with Bill Mosely as "Chop Top" and Dennis Hopper as the guy who out-crazies the Sawyer clan. Definitely another Tobe Hooper fever dream, but where I can't actually stomach a revisit to the first Chainsaw Massacre because it feels just a little too real, the sequel is the perfect kind of gleefully bizarre.

Reactions: Dan Epstein
I Spit On Your Grave was so deliciously awesome. I didn’t even see all of it, I just woke up at the last half when Mr Bucket was watching it and it made me cringe horribly. (Holy shit balls, that last scene tho)

Well, the day is upon us. I'm still on the mostly-TV kick. Ash vs. Evil Dead definitely now my favorite current show. It is everything I hoped it would be, and then some! HUGE recommendation for anyone who loves horror comedy that goes all in with the gore, and still manages to hit some legitimate creepy notes, and a must-see for Evil Dead fans. I can't wait for season 3 in February.

I'm really slowly working my way back through the first season of Stranger Things en route to the new episodes, but honestly, Penny Dreadful really has my attention right now. I'm a sucker for Gothic horror, and this show is really hitting the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.