AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A question about cam models and make-up and hair and that.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2010
Mkay, so I'm a guy and I've never put on make-up and what's left of my hair is fairly short and I do nothing with it except keep it from sticking out. Then again, I work in logistics and no one really cares how you look when they merchandise shipped to customers. I don't know if wearing make-up is bad for your skin or what. It's never been an issue for my exes, so I'm assuming that's not a reason. I often skip shaving on the weekend, but that's only when I'm just hanging around the house perving or watching TV or doing chores and stuff. If I go to meet friends or family or go downtown to shop, I clean up.

I've noticed a number of cam models, particularly American models, and I'm not speaking of the exceptionally well-kempt ladies on these forums, who are essentially in show bidness, often come on camera looking like they just rolled out of bed, while they're often all dolled up in their profiles. If they have a poor cam or lighting, they look even less enticing. I'm not talking about getting dolled up like they're on the red carpet at the Oscars. I'm just talking about a little eye shadow, some mascara and maybe some lip gloss, and hair that's at least clean and brushed.

I've seen this with some of the highly-rated models, and with a lot of models who are not so popular. I'm a superficial sort of guy, and when I enter a model's room, I have the expectation that the model would want to attract my attention, my devotion and my tokens. First impressions matter. Even if I don't enter a room, I've sent tips to models from the lounge with a note to compliment them on how terrific they look.

So anyway, I have questions:
Is there a method to the highly-ranked models logging on unkempt?
Would models take offense if one suggested they pay more attention to their appearance? (Is there a way to do this without giving offense?)
Are they just lazy?

Re: A question about cam models and make-up and hair and tha

It depends.
There is - to me - a certain something about a girl that looks like she has just gotten up.

Overdoing it either in the full-on 6 hours in make-up, or 'I washed last week, what's your problem?' direction is bad.

And anyway, why should models wear makeup, when the hue and brightness controls do that for them?

For me, personally, when I am looking through models I like to look at the girls who look like they take pride in their appearance. I am not saying pounds and pounds of makeup, but some like eye liner, lip gloss, mascara, and put a brush through their hair. When I get on cam I do the same besides the few days I have "bummed" it.

Certain things work for certain girls, some have the ability to pull it off and make killer cash. Why would they change something that they really dont have too?

Eh. A little bit goes a long ways, but keep in mind some girls plan to have things like a shower show. Now I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like watching all that mascara or eye liner come off.

Granted I like eye shadow and it doesn't have that problem, same with the bit I do to my lips.

Also some cameras don't have perfect coloring, so it's hard to figure out how much is just right.

The only thing with makeup I hate is girls who wear it so much that you can see the line on their faces. That and they break out from all that powder badly, so they have to put it on thicker. It's so gross.

Some really over do it, a little is nice, natural is better.

Wearing makeup does not equal 'taking pride' in one's appearance. It isn't a mean of defining whether a woman cares how she looks or not. Folks, that is bullshit. It is merely an accessory, an optional one at that. No different then wearing a pair of earrings, or not wearing a pair.

I wear makeup on rare occasions and maybe once or twice those occasions have been on cam. Just like I may wear a necklace, or I may not.

Some girls rock different make up looks, others depend on it. I prefer the au naturel. Just because a chick chooses not to wear makeup doesn't mean she doesn't care how she looks. It means she is comfortable without it.

Care in appearance requires very little: showering, brushing hair, and maybe using a blow-dryer. Beyond that, as AlexLady said, cam settings adjust how yellow I look. :p

Make-up can be bad for the skin. Some girls break out easily, some don't. Girls who break out easily have to buy really expensive makeup and replace it every three months. Seriously, we're talking spending $300+ every three months. I should know. I break out easily, and my mom spent that much on me for makeup once. When I wore it a whole twice in that three months- once the day after she got it, once for.. Easter? Christmas?- she quit. :mrgreen:

There is no hygenic reason to wear makeup. Some men actually think wearing make up is a lie- it lies about what you look like.

However, three things do not make a girl break out, and when used in moderation, enhance the beauty that is already there, instead of masking inadequacies. Eyeliner, Mascara, lipstick.

Why don't I bother?

Lipstick- my lips are naturally dry. I use a lot of chapstick. Lipstick makes it 10 times worse.

Mascara and Eyeliner- I haven't tried these since I had contacts, but before the contacts, my eyes were so sensitive I had to blink Mascara on. As to eyeliner... in order to get close enough to the mirror to see what I'm doing through it, I have to be so close the pencil and my hand don't fit between my eye and the mirror.

My mother, not understanding, tried buying me a mirror that magnifies. What she didn't understand is that yes, it magnifies, but by the time the image reaches my eye the magnification itself is so damn fuzzy I STILL can't see shit. She kinda realized that after the whole fiasco with my contacts... (There's supposed to be a balloon at the end of the road!?! - Yes, you never saw it? - Of course not, my eyes can't focus on anything. - The machine is supposed to account for that. - Really? I never saw it!)

Also, I'm one of those that believe in the lie thing.

The camera lies, and I don't like that. But I'm okay with it, because I understand that it's mostly the settings, and the lack of megapixels. It's just that it leaves out details, and makes the highlights in my hair brighter...

Enough rambling.

With D0mino on this one. Not wearing makeup doesn't mean you don't care how you look. Some girls actually look better without having a lb of crap smeared on their face. You know. Virginal, girl-next-door, blah blah blah.

Sevrin said:
So anyway, I have questions:
Is there a method to the highly-ranked models logging on unkempt?
Would models take offense if one suggested they pay more attention to their appearance? (Is there a way to do this without giving offense?)
Are they just lazy?

There is no method.

Yes, most models would take offense. Who wants to hear that their natural beauty is inadequate? Especially if they're high-ranking. They didn't get there because of mascara.

Some are just lazy, some don't really care one way or another. Humans and not robots, remember that. On days where I don't wear make-up, I'm giving my eyes a break and I usually just put my glasses on. Surprisingly, guys like that look even more than winged eyeliner and red lips.

Different strokes for different folk. There's one model I watch and she complain about how much more "business" she gets when she's in sweats and a tank as opposed to dolled-up in costumes and such. She feels it's backwards. She's a cute chick regardless. I suppose that's the bottom line?

I could never imagine trying to make a suggestion about makeup to a model. It is just not something I think is honestly any of my concern. I am not being forced to watch her so I can go elsewhere. Now if the girl looks truly nasty like she hasn't bathed in days, maybe someone should say something but I don't think we, the premiums, need to take on that responsibility.

Reactions: Calliope

I've never gone on cam without makeup. Its not that I look ugly without makeup, but no makeup+ webcam = washed out looking dead person. At least for me, I'm very fair skinned and need some color on my face otherwise I look like shite. But I don't think every girl should have to wear makeup, especially if they don't even wear it day to day. As long as your hair is brushed, and you LOOK like you've showered recently, you should be good to go.

If girls can't be in their natural state, without all the bells and whistles, then its sad sad world we live in. I'd like to THINK that if I decided to go without makeup one day, I wouldn't be ripped into by the guys in my room, or dudes posting in forums. Some girls are into looking glamorous, but some just want to be comfy in their own skin and theres nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: Calliope

SpexyAshleigh said:
Its not that I look ugly without makeup, but no makeup+ webcam = washed out looking dead person.
This is what I'm talking about. What someone looks like on a webcam is not how they look in person.

I'm not advocating that every woman should wear make-up IRL, either. One GF I had looked great without make-up, but usually went out of the house wearing near Boxxy-grade eye make-up, and it was so unnecessary. Camming isn't real life, though. It's fantasy for guys, and glamour has a part to play for a lot of guys' fantasy. This idea of gilding the lily has been around for a long time.

And let's face it. Not every girl has a great personality or communications skills, which are far more important than make-up in the long run when it comes to making guys like you. In the short-run however, first impressions make a difference.

Anyway, I got my answers. Thank you to all our ladies of the cam. I would not dream of insulting cam performers, who deal with enough shit already, if that's what it amounts to, and will keep my thoughts on this subject to myself in the future.

Speaking of hair... there's a quote in this video about bikini waxes which *totally* applies to camwhores. See if you can catch it.

"Can I have the wax paper? My fans would love to buy that."

Sevrin said:
SpexyAshleigh said:
Its not that I look ugly without makeup, but no makeup+ webcam = washed out looking dead person.

Camming isn't real life, though. It's fantasy for guys, and glamour has a part to play for a lot of guys' fantasy. This idea of gilding the lily has been around for a long time.

I agree that camming is fantasy for guys - thats why guys come to us, whether they're single, dating or married - alot of guys already have the "reality" at home, but want a bit of fantasy to spice things up.

BUT in saying that, each girl has to find her "niche" and market herself the way she wants. Some girls choose to go the uber glamorous route, and some go the "girl next door" route. I could go the glam, Barbie doll route if I want, but I feel comfier in my own skin so I tend to attract the guys who are a fan of the girl next door. My minimal makeup goes well, and I even have guys telling me from time to time that they'd like to see me without makeup, or would prefer if I went lighter...even though I barely wear any lol.

Eh. I look just as great without makeup--and had gone without it until the last couple of months--but I think the bit of darkness around my eyes suits me and redder lips. That's the main reason I wear it about four out of five cam days.

Granted my lips get just about as red after I cum a few times - but that only lasts a little while.

Honest though, if you want to make a suggestion do it. You can't change her, but if you think your suggestion might suit her you can try to encourage it.

I only wear make up because I have to. I'm not a natural beauty. It is minimal make up but if some cam guy complained that I wore too much or too little, I'd tell him to fuck off. It's my face and I'll do with it what I want to. Like it or just go away..

I wouldn't suggest anyone tells a model she needs to make more of an effort. It'll result in a ban I'm sure... It's insulting. I can't think of any way you can put it politely, I guess you'd just have to say "Where's your make up today?"... "No make up?"... Or pay someone else to risk a ban and ask that she make more of an effort. Don't forget that the models who you think haven't made an effort... might think that because they're complimented all the time on their beauty that they don't have to bother anymore. They probably feel self conscious about it so will be insulted by any negative mention of their lack of make up. Or, they might be trying a new look..

I even have guys telling me from time to time that they'd like to see me without makeup, or would prefer if I went lighter...even though I barely wear any lol.

I've had the following happen in my room:

"I want to see what you look like without your makeup on. Go on, take it all off."

"Um... I don't wear makeup." :p

LilyPink said:
Don't forget that the models who you think haven't made an effort... might think that because they're complimented all the time on their beauty that they don't have to bother anymore. They probably feel self conscious about it so will be insulted by any negative mention of their lack of make up. Or, they might be trying a new look..

VERY True. If you do decide to make a suggest, phrase it very carefully. Something like "You know, I think your beauty could be enhanced if you try (insert tip here)"

If your problem is the "out of bed" look, try tipping them to brush their hair. I've had guys do that. My hair, I brush it, and an hour later it looks exactly as it did when I woke up. x.x

SpexyAshleigh said:
I've never gone on cam without makeup. Its not that I look ugly without makeup, but no makeup+ webcam = washed out looking dead person. At least for me, I'm very fair skinned and need some color on my face otherwise I look like shite. But I don't think every girl should have to wear makeup, especially if they don't even wear it day to day. As long as your hair is brushed, and you LOOK like you've showered recently, you should be good to go.

If girls can't be in their natural state, without all the bells and whistles, then its sad sad world we live in. I'd like to THINK that if I decided to go without makeup one day, I wouldn't be ripped into by the guys in my room, or dudes posting in forums. Some girls are into looking glamorous, but some just want to be comfy in their own skin and theres nothing wrong with that.

Yes! Exactly. Taking pride in your appearance doesn't always mean makeup. Without it on cam, I, too, look like a washed out dead person.

I think I understand where Sev is coming from with this post. I certainly don't think the intention was to offend anyone or try to say that all models should wear makeup. But there is a certain level of disappointment when you see a girl's profile photos where she's all primped and proper, then open her cam to find she hasn't brushed her hair and looks all disheveled as if she's just rolled out of bed.

There is a difference between a girl who never wears makeup and naturally just looks appealing on her cam, and girls who wear makeup most of the time but appear on cam once in a while with no prep at all. Girls don't have to wear makeup to look pretty, nor to be well groomed. I also don't think Sev is referring to a girl fresh out of a shower show... at that point it's pretty obvious what's up.

I think some girls spend so many hours on cam that they go through phases even in a single day. When they first log on they're all primped and ready to wow you, then 8 hours later their hair looks JBF and their makeup is fading, then another 4 hours later, they're worn out and crawling into bed still on cam. Their members get to see them in each state, and feel like they really know the girl from spending so much time with her like that. That's just how it goes I guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.