AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A quick question about Microphones/Gear

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Does a Mic greatly increase the quality of your stream

• Yes

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Not significantly

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora Laze

Inactive Cam Model
Sep 12, 2016
Florida
Twitter Username
@TheAuroraShow
MFC Username
Aurora_Laze
Hello lovelies!
I hope you’re all having a beautiful day so far. It’s only just started over here on the east coast, well if you’re a little bit of a late sleeper.

Anyway the question I have today is about microphones. I see so many Blue Yetti’s being used. I really want one because they look so fancy but I’m wondering do I need one?

I only just made my comeback this month and since then I’ve only been on cam 3 or 4 times. No one has ever commented on my sound quality and when I’ve asked about people say it’s good.

But I see too many people using microphones in general for them to just be unnecessary. So I’m wondering is it such a quality enhancement that I should make the investment now while my earnings are low or would you say the quality increase is insignificant so there’s no rush to change?

Also I have no experience with one so if it’s more complicated than just plugging into the usb and downloading some sort of required software I don’t know. I’m sure I can learn. I want to add I currently use a nice Logitech.

Reactions: RadventureFrankie
Unless you are shooting content in a noisy area that requires a gun-mic, or another type of a condenser, the camera microphone should be more than enough. I was working on sets as a sound recorder/boom man for a while, that's why I know this stuff. The Yetti looks great if you are invested in doing voice over, or podcasts, or music recording, and even then, it's not a must. The Yetti is not a condenser (as far as I know, it's angel is too wide) by the way, so it doesn't isolate background noise (Think of a movie frame, the closer the frame width is, the closer the mic gets to the source of sound).
I hope it helps, and that it's not too much info.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Aurora Laze
I immediately leave a model's room if her sound is peaking. To be honest, that is 90% of rooms. It astounds me how few members speak up and tell a model how terrible her sound is. Especially combined with the tip sound. >.< I think a good external microphone is definitely worth the cost and time setting it up properly. Viewers that don't care about sound quality are more likely to browse girls on mute, if you know what I mean. I don't think they are usually the kind of viewers you ultimately desire.

I immediately leave a model's room if her sound is peaking. To be honest, that is 90% of rooms. It astounds me how few members speak up and tell a model how terrible her sound is. Especially combined with the tip sound. >.< I think a good external microphone is definitely worth the cost and time setting it up properly. Viewers that don't care about sound quality are more likely to browse girls on mute, if you know what I mean. I don't think they are usually the kind of viewers you ultimately desire.
What Kate, more or less, I agree with. Though, it is a range for me. Clear voice, not peaky or causing feedback (I've caused more than a few shrieks, but this is okay) is preferred. But, I also like hearing a model, so I find that if the music is too loud, or she can barely be heard because mute/muffled, I rarely will stay either.

Most of the models I know typically only use what's in the Logitech. But, a couple have experimented with mics.

Oh, and I still despise the tip sounds. Thus, why I tip silenty.

• Helpful!
Unless you are shooting content in a noisy area that requires a gun-mic, or another type of a condenser, the camera microphone should be more than enough. I was working on sets as a sound recorder/boom man for a while, that's why I know this stuff. The Yetti looks great if you are invested in doing voice over, or podcasts, or music recording, and even then, it's not a must. The Yetti is not a condenser (as far as I know, it's angel is too wide) by the way, so it doesn't isolate background noise (Think of a movie frame, the closer the frame width is, the closer the mic gets to the source of sound).
I hope it helps, and that it's not too much info.
It’s helpful but I don’t fully understand. I was under the impression that the Blue Yettis pick up the models voice or the music but that the drown out or miss background noises, like for example your cat batting around a ball on the floor. At least that’s what I feel I’ve witnessed watching girls who use them. I’ve also noticed they are the only brand of mic I see being used in the girls rooms who I have seen have an external microphone. I was wondering what makes them so popular?

Thank you!

What Kate, more or less, I agree with. Though, it is a range for me. Clear voice, not peaky or causing feedback (I've caused more than a few shrieks, but this is okay) is preferred. But, I also like hearing a model, so I find that if the music is too loud, or she can barely be heard because mute/muffled, I rarely will stay either.

Most of the models I know typically only use what's in the Logitech. But, a couple have experimented with mics.

Oh, and I still despise the tip sounds. Thus, why I tip silenty.
I love MFC’s tip sound, now chaturbate that’s an annoying sound.

I bought a blue snowflake mic which is the cheapest blue mic. I had purchased a blue snowball as well but it was useless for camming.

I've actually noticed a big difference in my feed but mainly because my cam sits on top of my laptop and the fan is noisy. This way I can move the audio input father away from the fan.

But even without the fan there's an improvement big enough for me to warrant it worth it.

• Helpful!
It’s helpful but I don’t fully understand. I was under the impression that the Blue Yettis pick up the models voice or the music but that the drown out or miss background noises, like for example your cat batting around a ball on the floor. At least that’s what I feel I’ve witnessed watching girls who use them. I’ve also noticed they are the only brand of mic I see being used in the girls rooms who I have seen have an external microphone. I was wondering what makes them so popular?
Okay, I live in a noisy place, not Canada. My room is on top of a busy street, and I was giving tutorials there,but I’m in Tel Aviv. There are means to reduce noise , but they most likely are not expensive, that’s what I wanted to say.

Investing in my Blue Yeti Microphone has DEFINITELY been worth it for me. Guys really notice the sound quality and some like the ASMR aspect to it. Another added bonus is I can put on quieter shows while roommates are home because the mic picks up really well (like I can whisper dirty talk if I can hear roommate in other room). LUSH+LOGITECH CAM+SOFT BOX LIGHTS+and my Blue Yeti were all the most beneficial investments for me personally. I went from making $30/hr to $50-$100/hr in a few months. (Not saying my earnings only increased due to these tech investments, but a long with learning and building a fan base they can be great tools)

I love MFC’s tip sound, now chaturbate that’s an annoying sound.

For me, anything that overrides a person's voice when they are talking is annoying. Doesn't matter the site, I think they're all annoying and wish they'd offer a setting to disable the noices.

Status
Not open for further replies.