AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A short intro into Chatbuddy

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 26, 2018
It's just a start, but maybe you will find this intresting.

Comment, testers, actually everyone welcome

Does your software have a Terms of Service and Privacy Policy? I'm not seeing any on your site.

As long as it's in beta - no. But in short: No data will be given away to any other person or company. Prices are not fixed yet. While beta is active no cost will apply for anything.

@SimonLeach why an app and not OBS plugin? Just asking because relaying 1080 or 4k can through an extra app adds more latency and requires more CPU power. Also some models also use multiple cameras, IP cameras, screen capture. Or they may want to use other overlays as well.

@Lelo1: Chatbuddy runs the browser inside the application and can monitor the chat this way: It can react on tips, create interactive games and so on. It can show tip animations with the name of the tipper and so on.
If you want to handle more than one cam - theoretically my software could do this, but you still could stream the virtual cam over OBS.
I do not think 4k is an option yet and 1080 can be done on any strong computer. I didn't test it but I assume that Chatbuddy does not need more CPU power than OBS. Yes, OBS is more flexible, but for the average cammer I'd say you get more power with Chatbuddy - the easy way.

Problem is that OBS plugin API is not really well documented. So as a programmer you have 3 options left. Make a kinda manycam software that is in between. Use a kind of green screen with OBS or make a webpage with transparant and use that as an overlay. All have their perks. And if done right it should not take much cpu.
Ok this is not an attack on the solution just a something in nocited using 2 programs (OBS and a manaycam clone) can use more cpu. But to be honest your (CB app) browser will use the most. And the modern PC should handle it all easy.

@SimonLeach As fellow programmer who had some trouble. Make an simple override (disable overlay program) as it sometimes happens that tips will not shown right. Like people tip but not shown on CB. This will make performers and Customers crazy.

Just Curious in what language you programmed this ?
And other things is Chatbuddy also streaming out to rtmp or only to the flash client. As RTMP was the reason why the performers use OBS. Not for the overlay.

Ronaldod:Thanks for the advice: Chatbuddy's overlays are created "live" - so you can turn overlays easily on and off.
The software is written in Delphi. As far as I know Chatbuddy can stream RTPM, but the technique with authentication token is not yet supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.