AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Absentee models and camscores...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zippypinhead

V.I.P. AmberLander
Jan 21, 2013
The model that I most liked to hang out with stopped going on cam on MFC about eight weeks ago. I'm not sure why, and given that I miss her, I check in on her profile once in awhile to see if she's logged in. She does log in, briefly, about once a week, and every time she does, her camscore jumps up considerably. In fact, yesterday, she logged in after a week and a half, and her camscore jumped up 500 points. I understand that it's offline tips that are doing it, but I just wonder who would be tipping her so much, especially after almost two months offline. I figure the "I miss you" tips would have dried up by now.

So, sorry to move into the realm of conjecture, but what might be up with that? Is there some sort of camscore pumping strategy out there being employed, where models stay offline for a period of time while an arranged member hits them with tips to drive the score up? Or maybe it's just private Skype shows being paid for through MFC?

I don't know. I guess my fevered brain is just working overtime because I miss her and want her to come back, and every time I see she's logged in, my hopes are simultaneously raised and dashed. Her scheduling was so reliable before, and now she's just gone without a word. Yet, her camscore is shooting ever higher. It's curious.

Well for my favorite model (who has taken a few month breaks as well), I still tip...occasionally even a thousand or two a month, without her even logging in. I can't speak for the person who is tipping the model you hang out with, but I can give you my reason.

I tip the model because when she is on I enjoy talking to her and she is a good person. When she isn't online I just think something along the lines "oh it would be nice for her to come back and have a surprise"....it is also because I know the model I tip doesn't make exuberant amounts of money outside of being a cam girl, meaning most of the time when she leaves she ends up coming back "earlier" than she wanted to due to needing money. (She usually leaves due to certain personal reasons) So it is just nice knowing she can take a bit of extra time to sort things out.

Also it is just sometimes nice to say hi :p

*edit
Oh to also add onto the pumping up the cam score, it can depend....during a long away period the model does increase her cam score a lot, but then after a certain amount of time...I have no clue how long but I have seen it happen on mycamgirl.net the model's camscore will just plumet...I am guessing because she has "gained" all those tokens when to logged on so the time they count towards the camscore ends at the same time. So it could be a double edged sword in some respects

In my first two weeks or so, I brought my camscore up from 1k to over 6k. Then for some random reason, I was gone for a few weeks, and when I came back my camscore dropped down to 3k. I've been working to bring it up since then, but it's a lot harder when it's not your first month. I got some offline tips too, but nothing too substantial. She HAS to be getting some great offline tips!

zippypinhead said:
and now she's just gone without a word.... .. .
May not be exactly on topic, but I have to bare my broken heart. This is so sad. I like to believe I am emotionally pretty stable, if not the most mentally solid guy around, I deal with matters of the heart pretty well. This though is my biggest hangup when it comes to online relationships, and relationships with Cam Models in particular. I may have had worse luck than most, but I think it is the nature of the beast, there are so many that just go away never to be heard of again. I hate to admit it but it has caused me to keep a certain distances from Models mostly. When I do find myself becoming attached to the point that I would miss them if they went away, I find I start to feel some anxiety that I will describe as a "fear of abandonment." (I have not lost sight of the fact that these feelings exist in the realm of an online relationship, But it still can be very sad.) OK I'm done :violin:

camstory said:
zippypinhead said:
and now she's just gone without a word.... .. .
May not be exactly on topic, but I have to bare my broken heart. This is so sad. I like to believe I am emotionally pretty stable, if not the most mentally solid guy around, I deal with matters of the heart pretty well. This though is my biggest hangup when it comes to online relationships, and relationships with Cam Models in particular. I may have had worse luck than most, but I think it is the nature of the beast, there are so many that just go away never to be heard of again. I hate to admit it but it has caused me to keep a certain distances from Models mostly. When I do find myself becoming attached to the point that I would miss them if they went away, I find I start to feel some anxiety that I will describe as a "fear of abandonment." (I have not lost sight of the fact that these feelings exist in the realm of an online relationship, But it still can be very sad.) OK I'm done :violin:

I think that's perfectly reasonable. I know that many conversations abound around here about how everyone on both sides of the camera needs to come in with a sense of detachment because it isn't "real" or whatever, but the fact of the matter is that there are live people on both sides, and if you spend enough time in their presence -- even if that presence is virtual -- it still counts. I don't ever want to get so jaded that it doesn't. At the same time, though, you don't have to spend long at camsites to know that they're revolving-door affairs, and that forming attachments to people really can present a trap. As the saying goes: hang on tightly, let go lightly.

Is it possible she's being offline tipped to skype with some regulars? I know a lot of girls that don't officially cam on MFC anymore but still use tokens as a safe way to make sure they're not getting scammed by someone. If a model charges the same token price as a true private but never gets online her camscore would definitely go up.

I_Am_Iris said:
PlayboyMegan said:
I offline tip myself with BAF tokens. Maybe that's what she did?

Hey Megan, what's a BAF token?? Bad Ass Fucker?
I'm not Megan, but i'm bored at the moment.... :?

It's Bring A Friend program at mfc. You refer people with a link with your ID number in it and you get tokens when they sign up. If you notice at the top of each page there's a picture link for MFC. If you click that the link has Amber's BAF number in it. So anyone clicking to MFC from here and signs up helps Amber get a little bonus tokenage.

Here's more info. http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Bring_a_Friend

I_Am_Iris said:
PlayboyMegan said:
I offline tip myself with BAF tokens. Maybe that's what she did?

Hey Megan, what's a BAF token?? Bad Ass Fucker?
LMAO, I know about the BAF program, but did not put it together, and I came up with the exact same Bad Ass Fucker, posibibility in my head. :lol:

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
LacieLaPlante said:
My camscore was never higher than when I was not online much. Sounds weird, but it rose from 8000 to 9000 in like two weeks of me being offline.

So, since I've never cammed at all, my camscore must be through the roof! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.