AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

ACFers Fantasy Football League - 2014!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon people, this league is just for the lols. If you want Murray that bad, veto this trade and send me a trade proposal with a QB on the line. Fingaz was the only one that did that.

Reactions: dilligaf0
MrRodry said:
C'mon people, this league is just for the lols. If you want Murray that bad, veto this trade and send me a trade proposal with a QB on the line. Fingaz was the only one that did that.
IT IS for the lols. But IMO, terribly one-sided trades are unsportsmanlike and not very friendly. Note. "in my opinion".

Mt Rodry, if you need a QB, I have two. But I wouldn't consider taking your most valuable player in return because my QBs aren't up to his worth. If this was the REAL NFL, I'd do it in a shot. But this is friendly, or supposed to be.

Fingers, I don't blame you for trying, but quit acting like you were trying to "help" Mr. Rodry. You were trying to pull the wool over the league's eyes and I caught you. No harm, no foul.

Here is how the trades have gone this year
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Avg pts. . Trade point Diff.
AmQT traded Larry Donnell, NYG to AHC 7.3
AHC traded Allen Robinson, Jac to AmQT 4.7 2.6

FING trades Ryan Tannehill, Mia to PLAT 14.7
PLAT trades DeMarco Murray, Dal to FING 19.3 -4.6

FING traded Rams D/ST, StL D/ST to Mar 3.4
Mar traded Chargers D/ST, SD D/ST to FING 7.5 -4.1

AmQT traded Danny Woodhead*, SD RB to DILL 1.3 Tue, Sep 16
DILL traded Wes Welker, Den WR to AmQT 6 -4.7 * for the one week he played after Susp

PLAT traded Fred Jackson, Buf RB to FING 9 2013-14 stats prior to season trade Mon, Aug 25
FING traded Chad Henne, Jac QB to PLAT 16 -7 2013-14 stats prior to season trade

A 4.7 ace points per game was allowed yet a 4.6 difference was stopped. Again Why was this a onesided trade? What basis ? I gave away 7 Pts the first QB I traded nothing was said. Before the season even started.

Please show me where this was an unfair trasde based on history and based on Ave points per game.

As Far as being sportsmanlike. . . Really??

I seem to have missed some very heated conversation re. the, now Commish vetoed, trade of DeMarco Murray for Ryan Tannehill. Trades in FFL's are the biggest source of controversy and this has been the case since this game began. There are many interesting articles about this topic to be found online and I have included a link to one such piece.

http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/discussi ... trade-veto

Let's look at the details of this trade: DeMarco Murray #1 RB this year for Ryan Tannehill #20 QB seems bad but......

Plat has only one QB who hasn't played since being replaced by Bortles in week 3. He has bench RB's to replace Murray, not as good but at least points. (He is trying to improve his team) (He could get more by using trading block or posting a message that Murray is available on the message board.)
Bears without doubt give up very little to get a stud RB, also trying to improve his team.

If the purpose of a trade is to improve your team the criteria has been met by both players. Whether any other owner would make the deal is not relevant to the discussion. What other owner made an offer when every owner had the opportunity, I suspect none? Did Plat do any research to see what he could get after receiving a lowball? Probably not, inexperience maybe? Check out the waiver wire there are no QB's available so a trade is the only way for Plat to get a QB to earn him points.

I can understand the uproar about the lopsidedness of this trade but, wasn't there a recent discussion about the lack of trades? Don't we want owners to be active, social, having fun in this league? Why was there not such an uproar when a player on season ending IR was traded for a WR, that's pretty lopsided as well? (Sorry trade participants, just fits this discussion).

This is not the first trade related discussion in FFL's nor will it be the last one.

I could go on at length here but I don't want to create more hard feelings or beat this dead horse. Vetoing is a contentious issue and a slippery slope, let's keep it fun here in the ACFFL.

GOOD LUCK to everyone this weekend! Even the players vying for the tokens. :-D :dance: :lol:

WildFingers said:
Here is how the trades have gone this year:
Avg pts
AmQT traded Larry Donnell, NYG to AHC 7.3
AHC traded Allen Robinson, Jac to AmQT 4.7 2.6

FING trades Ryan Tannehill, Mia to PLAT 14.7
PLAT trades DeMarco Murray, Dal to FING 19.3 -4.6

FING traded Rams D/ST, StL D/ST to Mar 3.4
Mar traded Chargers D/ST, SD D/ST to FING 7.5 -4.1

AmQT traded Danny Woodhead*, SD RB to DILL 1.3 Tue, Sep 16
DILL traded Wes Welker, Den WR to AmQT 6 -4.7 * for the one week he played after Susp

PLAT traded Fred Jackson, Buf RB to FING 9 2013-14 stats prior to season trade Mon, Aug 25
FING traded Chad Henne, Jac QB to PLAT 16 -7 2013-14 stats prior to season trade

A 4.7 ace points per game was allowed yet a 4.6 difference was stopped. Again Why was this a onesided trade? What basis ? I gave away 7 Pts the first QB I traded nothing was said. Before the season even started.

Please show me where this was an unfair trasde based on history and based on Ave points per game.

As Far as being sportsmanlike. . . Really??

It's not the numbers that make this trade unfair and using average points per game alone leaves way to many variables unaccounted for such as scarcity of adequate replacements, positional requirements etc.

The true test may be to look at the deal and say "would I make this deal if the players were reversed"? There is no way, based on the various trade discussions we have had in the past, that you would do this deal Fingah's. It's that very question that often prohibits me from making offers for players that I do want.

Thraximundar said:
It's not the numbers that make this trade unfair and using average points per game alone leaves way to many variables unaccounted for such as scarcity of adequate replacements, positional requirements etc.

A #1 QB does not equal the same points as a#1 RB the only thing that can be compared is the the Avg. Pts per game.

I have based all me decisions on Ave pts, per game. It is the point that we desire.

Also If I wasn't 6-0 we would not be having this convo.

Recent trades in FFL's made to acquire DeMarco Murray:

DeMarco Murray for Brandon Marshall, Brian Quick, Jerick McKinnon
DeMarco Murray for Antonio Brown, Zach Ertz
DeMarco Murray for Ahmad Bradshaw, Antonio Gates, Reggie Bush
DeMarco Murray for DeAndre Hopkins, Justin Forsett, Marques Colston
DeMarco Murray for Jeremy Maclin, Justin Forsett
DeMarco Murray for Sammy Watkins, Steven Jackson
DeMarco Murray for Andre Ellington, Lorenzo Taliaferro, Mike Wallace
DeMarco Murray for Ahmad Bradshaw, Branden Oliver, Malcom Floyd
DeMarco Murray for Alfred Morris, Branden Oliver, Malcom Floyd
DeMarco Murray for Josh Gordon, Justin Forsett, Rob Gronkowski
DeMarco Murray for Aaron Rodgers, LeSean McCoy
DeMarco Murray for Drew Brees, Montee Ball
DeMarco Murray for Bears DST, Branden Oliver, Jerick McKinnon, Reggie Wayne, Rob Gronkowski
DeMarco Murray for Julio Jones, Le'Veon Bell
DeMarco Murray for Josh Gordon, Justin Forsett
DeMarco Murray for Michael Crabtree, Pierre Garcon, Zac Stacy

Does it seem like Tannehill is a fair offer when compared to these?

Another veto article. http://www.fantasywired.com/football/fa ... ng-trades/

First off I want to say that of all the people I know here, on MFC, on twitter, Fingers is one of the "good guys". He is a nice guy and has a sense of humor. But he's dead wrong on this issue. The ONLY reason I got involved (I was the 1st to veto & tweet about it), is because I felt I "knew" him well enough to call him out. Maybe I was wrong on that.

Secondly, contrary to what's been said, from my side/perspective: there is no "drama", no "heated" discussions, no animosity whatsoever on my part. None. If you don't know by now, 99% of my tweets and posts here are tongue-in-cheek. If you can't figure that out, one of us is doing it wrong.

Thirdly, I am hoping this doesn't turn into a "camstory-like" tl;dr of circular, diametrically opposed, tangential "logic" :mrgreen:

* I vetoed this trade, because it was terribly lopsided. In addition, it would have given the only undefeated team the #1 running back in the league, and taking away a sub .500 team's best player. Furthermore, the RB is on a team who is on a hot streak & the QB (avg fantasy points) is on a team going no where. That is not all. To approve this move, it would be bad for the league. The league has 2 teams with super majority wins and 7 teams below .500. Reducing competitiveness is a bad thing. There's a lot of talk about the non-interaction. Trades like this will not help that. If the rich get richer, some owners may decide to give up. So yeah, Fingers, you being 6-0 DOES HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT. But I'd have felt the same way no matter who the owner was. If you want to take it personal, maybe one of us is in the wrong league.

* Unless I'm wrong, this is a league of "friends". Just like I'm not going to screw my neighbor/boss/best friend over, I wouldn't even consider proposing a trade like that. If my neighbor needs a ride to the store, I'm not going to charge him $50 for gas. That's called taking advantage, ie: unsportsmanlike. Yeah. If this was an ESPN "Public League", or a cash prize league, all bets are off.

* Sorry Fingers, your claiming to be "helping" the other team is disingenuous. Sure, he's got one QB (who is a bench-rider), but this would be a "net-net" loss for him. I haven't seen it on the NFL side, but ESPN has a "Trade Machine" on the NBA side. If we had that available, you'd see that. It shows win shares by player, and predicted win totals after the trade. But we don't even need that. As a "less than casual" NFL fan, I saw immediately that it was unbalanced. You (Fingers) are very plugged into the NFL scene, so you can't tell me you didn't see the same. That's being disingenuous. In other words, you be boo-shittin us. :mrgreen: Also, due to league rules, this trade would not have helped anybody for this Sunday.

**Relevant note: my first week I was beaten by a team that had a bench-rider for QB (no touches) ;)

* A lot of different words have been thrown out: butt-hurt; collusion, trade embargo. Sorry, not happening. It's pretty obvious that you were/are butt-hurt. You even used the giant font to emphasize that. No collusion. If that were the case, we would have stacked your opponent for this week. Did that happen? Though so. Trade embargo? Get a grip, buddy :)

* Thrax posted a link about trade vetoes. None of those thoughts apply to me. While I would "like" to have the #1 NFL RB, I know I don't have the assets to propose a trade (without decimating my roster). Furthermore, I don't have a dog in this hunt. I will not face either team going forward .

In conclusion (wild applause!), I don't blame Fingers from trying to get this trade done. I don't have or hold any grudge/animosity, or any negative feelings. I apologize to Mr. Rodry for dragging him into this, and if I screwed up your team (I didn't), I apologize for that. None of this changes my opinion of Fingers or Mr. Rodry. I think they are both fun twitter/ACF friends. If they don't feel that way about me now, pretty easy to fix that ;)

Fingahs being 6-0 so far is due to two things.

1) He made good choices during the draft.

2) He has been lucky enough to avoid the injuries that have plagued so many players.

#2 can always change unexpectedly. :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: Thraximundar
Nicely said Schlmoe and Dilli!
Fingah's is awesome!
I greatly enjoy socializing with this group of people wherever we connect. (MFC, ACF and ACFFL)
Controversy or not , discussions and interaction with people outside the usual circle of friends is great "brain food" and allows us to discover how others see things whether they are real world issues, politics, sports, music, movies or even Fantasy Football.

schlmoe said:
In conclusion (wild applause!), I don't blame Fingers from trying to get this trade done. I don't have or hold any grudge/animosity, or any negative feelings. I apologize to Mr. Rodry for dragging him into this, and if I screwed up your team (I didn't), I apologize for that. None of this changes my opinion of Fingers or Mr. Rodry. I think they are both fun twitter/ACF friends. If they don't feel that way about me now, pretty easy to fix that ;)

It's cool, there's no need to apologize for anything. For me this is just a trade that got the veto. I accepted Fingaz proposal because he was the only showing direct interest in Murray.

Anybody got the Panthers defense this week? If so you're taking a bloodbath.

oh no you are not. A deal is a deal

Sorry for not being around much today I've been dealing with a bad case of bronchitis. I hope today was the worst of it since I slept most of the day and I guess from what I am seeing on the news The bears pretty much sucked. I hadn't seen much football all day. (I think I already said that.)

I have no hard feelings or ill will towards anyone based on last nights train wreck it could have been and should have been handled differently. I apologize to all of the ACFFL teams. I especially apologize to Schmozey and Amber. This is supposed to be fun and I guess I took it too far. In the big picture this league is to have fun and it shouldn't cause any grief or aggravation for Amber. For this I am truly sorry.

I'm 6-1 and soon to be 7-2 so be it.

My team MVP is officially Jordy Nelson.

Guy has been a beast several weeks running now and is pretty much carrying my team.

Reactions: eyeteach
WildFingers said:
I apologize...

Speaking for myself I appreciate your thoughts, but there's no apology needed. Especially since it was all Obama's fault. No, it was the Koch brothers. No, really, camstory deserves all the blame. Yeah, all his fault. I'll get the pitchforks. Fingers, boil that tar. Dilly, you're in charge of feathers... :mrgreen:

WildFingers said:
oh no you are not. A deal is a deal

Sorry for not being around much today I've been dealing with a bad case of bronchitis. I hope today was the worst of it since I slept most of the day and I guess from what I am seeing on the news The bears pretty much sucked. I hadn't seen much football all day. (I think I already said that.)

I have no hard feelings or ill will towards anyone based on last nights train wreck it could have been and should have been handled differently. I apologize to all of the ACFFL teams. I especially apologize to Schmozey and Amber. This is supposed to be fun and I guess I took it too far. In the big picture this league is to have fun and it shouldn't cause any grief or aggravation for Amber. For this I am truly sorry.

I'm 6-1 and soon to be 7-2 so be it.
Thanks for your apology. Unlike Schmoez, I'll accept and am glad to see it. Your emotional overreaction shocked me, and the defensive arguing that came after just made me want to hand over LM to someone else. Hopefully we can all learn from this and take things more easy in the future. As everyone's favorite QB says: R E L A X. :D

Also, it wasn't so much that The Bears sucked yesterday (aside from them handing us points via turnovers) but that Ryan Tannehill was on a whole other level of awesome during the game. Which, after vetogate 2014, I thought was funny since if he always played like that, I don't think many of us would have seen the trade as such a lopsided deal! :lol:

I hope you're feeling better by next weekend so you can enjoy some games and the ACFFFFFFFFFFFFL.

Also: I ain't touchin any buttons anywhere anymore for fear of being scolded. I don't know what most of the buttons do, anyway.

You guys seriously need an ACFFFL Commissioner, this arguing shit is how WWII started.

Let's see... my opponent was missing 2 players! It should have been close, but alas I sucked wind.

fZxl2IO.jpg

Oh yeah, the other team still has one player in tonight's game :lol:
Maybe this is what is called karma :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AmberCutie said:
Thanks for your apology. Unlike Schmoez, I'll accept and am glad to see it.
To clarify this, as to not let Schmoe seem.... ungracious... (I know he was trying to make our darling Fingahs feel at ease, I didn't mean to word it so it seemed he wasn't accepting an apology).

After the emotional outburst, I thought an apology or at least an acknowledgement that things got out of hand was necessary, and I likely would have stewed about the nuttyness of it all a lot longer had he not said anything. I had actually planned on making a wordy post about the scenario this morning, possibly even washing my hands of the leadership role, but the post made me feel a little better.

I will say though that this whole interaction ever since Saturday has left me feeling a little weird and I hope that next weekend I (and everyone) feel better about it so that I can interact with all the ACFFFFFFFFLERS without the elephant in the room.

AmberCutie said:
AmberCutie said:
Thanks for your apology. Unlike Schmoez, I'll accept and am glad to see it.
To clarify this, as to not let Schmoe seem.... ungracious... (I know he was trying to make our darling Fingahs feel at ease, I didn't mean to word it so it seemed he wasn't accepting an apology).

After the emotional outburst, I thought an apology or at least an acknowledgement that things got out of hand was necessary, and I likely would have stewed about the nuttyness of it all a lot longer had he not said anything. I had actually planned on making a wordy post about the scenario this morning, possibly even washing my hands of the leadership role, but the post made me feel a little better.

I will say though that this whole interaction ever since Saturday has left me feeling a little weird and I hope that next weekend I (and everyone) feel better about it so that I can interact with all the ACFFFFFFFFLERS without the elephant in the room.

I'll be the leader, and I'll ignore all of your concerns.

I can only speak for myself. I will not speak of the "incident" again, it's over and we all should move on to the task managing our teams and trying to improve our records in the ACFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFL. :lol:

:twocents-02cents: Let's try to have fun. :dance:

mynameisbob84 said:
I've been taking a completely voluntary, 100% planned for vacation in Chinatown. Absolutely staying here of my own volition and enjoying it very much...

So... what did I miss? :shifty:

I hope you're getting good chinese food at least. :lol:

Reactions: hapa74
mynameisbob84 said:
I've been taking a completely voluntary, 100% planned for vacation in Chinatown. Absolutely staying here of my own volition and enjoying it very much...

So... what did I miss? :shifty:

If I have another week like last week, Bob you might be eating something other than Chinese food.

I'm not new to fantasy sports, but this is my first time on ESPN. Can somebody explain the waiver situation? Yesterday (and the whole week), I was 6th or 8th in waiver order. The "rules" state that the waiver wire is unlimited, and I assumed it went by waiver order. Also stated that waiver order goes by inverse standings and is reset weekly. My team has a losing record.

I put my bid in for 3 players last night, knowing they finalized this morning. I only got 2 of the players I wanted. Not a big deal, but the team that got my 3rd player has a winning record. And today, I am listed as 19th in waiver order. Am I missing something here, or is this really correct?

Again, my question(s): Why did a team with a better record receive a player I bid on; & Why am I 19th in the current waiver order when my team has a losing record?

schlmoe said:
I'm not new to fantasy sports, but this is my first time on ESPN. Can somebody explain the waiver situation? Yesterday (and the whole week), I was 6th or 8th in waiver order. The "rules" state that the waiver wire is unlimited, and I assumed it went by waiver order. Also stated that waiver order goes by inverse standings and is reset weekly. My team has a losing record.

I put my bid in for 3 players last night, knowing they finalized this morning. I only got 2 of the players I wanted. Not a big deal, but the team that got my 3rd player has a winning record. And today, I am listed as 19th in waiver order. Am I missing something here, or is this really correct?

Again, my question(s): Why did a team with a better record receive a player I bid on; & Why am I 19th in the current waiver order when my team has a losing record?

I'm not sure, but I think the waiver order resets (either after each transaction or daily).

Status
Not open for further replies.