AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Advice for new models

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
This whole thread has been crazy helpful. I've been lurking and researching for about a week while i set everything up for myself. I want it done right if im doing it at all and I'm so afraid to ask questions because i don't want to be perceived as asking for too many handouts. That search bar has become my best friend as of late. Thank you so much for putting this thread together. Its a lifesaver!
I feel the same. Xx

I know most models on here are on token based sites but for those of us on private based i.e. streamate, jasmine(are there others?), do you guys have advice for us. I started on chaturbate which is a completely different vibe and people like to be entertained it seemed but streamate is totally different. I make more money but my earnings have dropped since my new model status left but I still make more than I did on cb. How do you keep people in your room and get more privates?

Oh and thank you for making this thread. It's super helpful!

Firstly, you dont NEED to keep people in your room, the ones that hang around without spending are freeloaders, waiting for someone else to tip for a flash, or thinking that their kind words are payment for your time. Honestly, sometimes these guys just need to be told 'hey i enjoy chatting to you, but im here to work, shall we go somewhere more private?' however... depending on the hours you work (I do the graveyard shift which is UK daytime lol) some of these are handy to have now and then just to help pass the time if its super quiet, if they start to bug you though just block.

The thing with privates, most guys have an idea of what they want before they log on, they are either looking for a specific service or a specific look, now we all know that horny people are not the best at reading things, but try and include as much info as you can in your profile, not everyone feels comfortable asking questions. When someone first enters your room this is the first they see of you, if you look bored and are reading your phone they are going to assume that you will be boring and uninterested in your show, why should they hang around and get to know you when theres 1000+ other possible models waiting for their boner? First impressions really do count. If its been quiet for a long time and you think you are giving out a negative vibe then log off, do some exercise, meditate, eat something, dance to a fun lively song etc whatever does it for you!

Work on getting verified on here for the models only section, there is so much info in there that you might lose a couple of days reading things :p but you will be so much more aware of how things are etc xx

I did my first (quick) show today on Streamate in the non-nude section. It didn't go super well as I only had one person in my room. I wasn't prepared so I'm trying again tonight. I switched out of non-nude and am hoping I do okay.

I'd say not to fall for Amazon gift cards - people can take them back although they appear on your wishlist as purchased. Same with paypal, people can cancel the transaction soon after it appears in your pending list.
And last but not least, don't give up your self respect and dignity for tokens, you and your mental health are more important than that.
good luck :happy:

Reactions: SkylerThomas
And last but not least, don't give up your self respect and dignity for tokens,

why not?
I'm actually kinda tempted now to put in my tip menu '1000tks: preach about how Jesus died for our sins'.

I'm not entirely sure how anything I do willingly could sacrifice my dignity, all I can really do is role-play a character who has none.

why not?
I'm actually kinda tempted now to put in my tip menu '1000tks: preach about how Jesus died for our sins'.

I'm not entirely sure how anything I do willingly could sacrifice my dignity, all I can really do is role-play a character who has none.
Um, whatever floats your boat? :joyful:

Ive only been on Chaturbate for a week so anything i say should be taken with a grain of salt.. However I've found the greatest success in just being myself. being happy and bubbly and comfortable in my own skin. I have been lucky enough to already acquire regulars who are on every broadcast and even set alarms for my shows!

Just have fun, the viewers see it and they will comment on how amazing and refreshing it is to see someone genuinely having a good time laughing and smiling. I wouldn't be doing this if i didn't love it, and thats the best advice i can give!

Also if it helps prove my point: after 1 week on chaturbate i have almost 10,000 followers and my first night without new model status actually doubled the amount i usually bring in along with having over 7000 viewers at one point. Never forget smiling is contaious!!!!
xox :h:

I'd say not to fall for Amazon gift cards - people can take them back although they appear on your wishlist as purchased. Same with paypal, people can cancel the transaction soon after it appears in your pending list.
And last but not least, don't give up your self respect and dignity for tokens, you and your mental health are more important than that.
good luck :happy:

I had someone do that to me with Amazon GF recently. However I'm not an idiot and I called Amazon and they let know that it was purchased but then cancelled before I could get the redeem/claim code. So I let the guy know I was no idiot and he had 1 choice to pay immediately through paypal. I have figured that with paypal, once you receive payment, just transfer the money out right away and mark that the item has been sent. Same with Amazon GF - I normally have at least 2 things in my shopping cart I immediately purchase so that the money is gone and can not be returned. That covers your base. Also I don't do ANYTHING until I see the funds in my account, I also clearly let them know that. I have yet to be scammed...lol they try but I'm extremely quick and smart. Once they know they cant scam me, they leave me alone, I out them on Twitter and they are banned/block from EVERYTHING.
Completely agree with have your self respect intact at all times. If there is a line you wont cross, DON'T do it no matter how many tokens or money you can get. Its just not worth it. I have no problem telling someone who may want something extreme to look somewhere else.

Reactions: samijanemfc
Ive only been on Chaturbate for a week so anything i say should be taken with a grain of salt.. However I've found the greatest success in just being myself. being happy and bubbly and comfortable in my own skin. I have been lucky enough to already acquire regulars who are on every broadcast and even set alarms for my shows!

Just have fun, the viewers see it and they will comment on how amazing and refreshing it is to see someone genuinely having a good time laughing and smiling. I wouldn't be doing this if i didn't love it, and thats the best advice i can give!

Also if it helps prove my point: after 1 week on chaturbate i have almost 10,000 followers and my first night without new model status actually doubled the amount i usually bring in along with having over 7000 viewers at one point. Never forget smiling is contaious!!!!
xox :h:

THAT'S AWESOME!!!! I agree, I have more fun just being myself and chatting away with all members (even the grey ones). :)

Such great tips guys!! Hoping I can get verified soon so I can read the rest of the forum's!! Great site!

Thanks for this.

I've been so worried about my cam score (currently at like 1050) that I barely stay on, which is counterproductive in itself because if I'm not on, I can't make money.
I had that problem. I eventually gave up on mfc and decided to invest time on chaturbate because of it. >.<

Hi all, this thread is really helpful, especially for people who's planning to start camming. I'm just was wondering if an I5 processor desktop system with 4gb ram is enough to stream HD on streamate? and can you suggest some live cam site other than streamate and chaturbate?

Who agrees with me that someone needs to make a forum website like this, but one that's for guys only like this one is for girls only. There is a lot of what is probably good information that's on here that we can't access because of the equipment in our pants. It's a bonus for these ladies because they wouldn't need to be bothered by us guys!

Who agrees with me that someone needs to make a forum website like this, but one that's for guys only like this one is for girls only. There is a lot of what is probably good information that's on here that we can't access because of the equipment in our pants. It's a bonus for these ladies because they wouldn't need to be bothered by us guys!
This isn't for "girls" only. First of all, I think you meant "women." There shouldn't be any girls here.

Second, it's been recently revised to allow for any performers to be verified into the forums relevant to the sites they work on.

This isn't for "girls" only. First of all, I think you meant "women." There shouldn't be any girls here.

Second, it's been recently revised to allow for any performers to be verified into the forums relevant to the sites they work on.
I do apologize for the poor use of terminology by saying "girls". Also do you mean a verification separate from models only? When trying to view the links talking about mistakes not to make and different things, I was denied access. I'm assuming this is the female only section. No biggie though

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
I do apologize for the poor use of terminology by saying "girls". Also do you mean a verification separate from models only? When trying to view the links talking about mistakes not to make and different things, I was denied access. I'm assuming this is the female only section. No biggie though
Everything of relevance is in the process of being copied over into the appropriate areas. So there won't be any advice unavailable to anyone who works on a given site. As I said, the format of the forums has (*VERY*) recently changed. While I'm not sure how far along in the process each area is, everything that was previously in the old models only section, is or will soon be available to current performers on those specific sites. So if you have been models-only verified for the site you work on, that information should be in that section, or will be soon! Amber has been working really hard to get everything set up to allow everyone access to pertinent information for the sites that they work on.

Awesome! Thank you! I'll probably do this and then look for information on how to build fans!
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/the-cam-guy-thread-male-model-stuff.19855/

This (old, hence mentioning only female models being verified) thread links to a bunch of helpful, informative, public threads. So checking that out if you haven't already might be of some use! There is a wealth of information within the public areas, these posts should give you a good start, and using the search feature can probably help to answer questions as well.

Hi all, this thread is really helpful, especially for people who's planning to start camming. I'm just was wondering if an I5 processor desktop system with 4gb ram is enough to stream HD on streamate? and can you suggest some live cam site other than streamate and chaturbate?
I don't know about SM, but on CB I get an HD tag if I can stream a mere 480x at around 30fps+, and I manage that with USB2.0, dual core, and 2gb DDR2. an I5 should crush it, by CB standards at least.

and can you suggest some live cam site other than streamate and chaturbate?
MFC seems to be the big one most forum members use

Any ideas for what I can do during shows when it's slow? I just really am running out of ideas of what to do and how to get people to even tip to see more? Any helpful tips?

Any ideas for what I can do during shows when it's slow? I just really am running out of ideas of what to do and how to get people to even tip to see more? Any helpful tips?
When you find out let me know. I'm about to quit because I'm doing so terrible. I've been at this for a few nights a week for probably close to three weeks now and have about 60 followers most being grays and have made less than $50

When you find out let me know. I'm about to quit because I'm doing so terrible. I've been at this for a few nights a week for probably close to three weeks now and have about 60 followers most being grays and have made less than $50

Yikes! Discouraging! I've gone on two nights for 2 hours each and ive made about 25 bucks lol. I just find myself getting bored and I don't know what to do to keep myself/my viewers entertained

I've got a friend who's been planning on becoming a cam model, I think she could be really good at it but there is one thing I thought is important.
There is such a thing as over preparing! Make content to sell and think about your camming style by all means, but you'll never really know until you get your bum on cam and start working! Don't worry about extra promotion or making a high spec profile before you even start! Most people lurking twitter won't come and tip you, for the most part you make that presence after becoming successful on cam, which you won't do unless you get your butt on cam! It's cool to spend a bit of time doing this and researching, but if it's being used as procrastination you're wasting valuable time you could be earning money and building your presence! And without having ever been on cam it is just a waste of time!
I wish I had known more about camming before starting so I could have done some more preparing, but I feel that there is an element that I jumped right in. If I hadn't made that jump then maybe I wouldn't have discovered how fun it was! I also had no expectations, so making anything at all was incredible!

I've got a friend who's been planning on becoming a cam model, I think she could be really good at it but there is one thing I thought is important.
There is such a thing as over preparing! Make content to sell and think about your camming style by all means, but you'll never really know until you get your bum on cam and start working! Don't worry about extra promotion or making a high spec profile before you even start! Most people lurking twitter won't come and tip you, for the most part you make that presence after becoming successful on cam, which you won't do unless you get your butt on cam! It's cool to spend a bit of time doing this and researching, but if it's being used as procrastination you're wasting valuable time you could be earning money and building your presence! And without having ever been on cam it is just a waste of time!
I wish I had known more about camming before starting so I could have done some more preparing, but I feel that there is an element that I jumped right in. If I hadn't made that jump then maybe I wouldn't have discovered how fun it was! I also had no expectations, so making anything at all was incredible!
Kinda how I feel as well. I did some research but basically went in to it with 0 expectations of making money so anything was good.

I just find I'm running out of ideas of what to do on cam when it is slow as I don't want to give away to much for free but still want to be entertaining.