AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Advice for new models

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Kinda how I feel as well. I did some research but basically went in to it with 0 expectations of making money so anything was good.

I just find I'm running out of ideas of what to do on cam when it is slow as I don't want to give away to much for free but still want to be entertaining.

Ah, the age old problem :( Personally I try to keep it simple, stand up a lot if I want a higher room count, dance gently, tease, do some different camera angles. I don't do any more than that though as it doesn't seem to encourage anyone to tip.
I like to have spanks in my topic as they are fun to do, but I do them quite hard with a paddle so there is a bit of a build up and me doing a bit of a yelp which is apparently very entertaining. I enjoy the feeling of it and the build up which helps and find them pretty funny. I use the opportunity as much as I can to engage with the room and the tipper, asking which cheek etc, whether evenly on both of all on one, talking about it after, showing the red patch. It often leads to more people tipping for them, and more tips means the countdown moves further.
I haven't got a wheel to spin but I've seen them and I think that's a really good thing to tip for, especially if you have a mixture or sexy and silly things to do in the room.
I guess when people say "hustle", it's managing to keep the room entertained and then filtering in a bit of promotion. You get the room engaged with you dancing, chatting or from other tips and you might mention "oooh if we get a tip for X then the countdown will almost be finished!" Or if I'm doing privates I'll have it in my topic and will mention every now and then that I'm feeling horny and fancy a private show, or might even talk about exactly why I like them so much and what I like doing. I always talk to people in pm first so they take me when I'm ready and I know if it's true private or regular. If regular then I'll be very open in the room saying it turns me on to get spies, this has been pretty exciting for both me and guys I've gone private with and results in much higher earning from voyeur, often matching the private show cost. I honestly think that private shows are a great way to keep your camscore up and make new regulars when you're new, or like me only cam sporadically. I've never had any problems getting them and am now pretty selective, I think as a lot of higher camscore models won't take them with new people, without pre planning or at all because they entertain the public room a lot, it means there's a good market for them even when you're new. And there's less trust needed as the member can leave if he's not enjoying the show.

Ah, the age old problem :( Personally I try to keep it simple, stand up a lot if I want a higher room count, dance gently, tease, do some different camera angles. I don't do any more than that though as it doesn't seem to encourage anyone to tip.
I like to have spanks in my topic as they are fun to do, but I do them quite hard with a paddle so there is a bit of a build up and me doing a bit of a yelp which is apparently very entertaining. I enjoy the feeling of it and the build up which helps and find them pretty funny. I use the opportunity as much as I can to engage with the room and the tipper, asking which cheek etc, whether evenly on both of all on one, talking about it after, showing the red patch. It often leads to more people tipping for them, and more tips means the countdown moves.....

All this information is seriously so great!! Thank you so much! I'm going to try to advertise for private shows a bit more and maybe that will help I usually get asked for Skype shows but I don't want to go outside of the site.

I get worried about my cam score tanking but I've heard mixed things of whether or not it even matters as much as it may seem if that makes sense lol.

I was browsing for a prize wheel yesterday but was thinking about doing a draw game style thing for now until I get some more cash flow. Tip x amount for a draw and it could be anything from Like a flash to a pic set etc.

I also don't want to sell myself short so im trying to stick to my guns on my prices but is hard sometimes when you aren't getting tipped. However I do really enjoy camming anyways even when I'm not making money i just want to be more entertaining for myself and my customers sakes

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
All this information is seriously so great!! Thank you so much! I'm going to try to advertise for private shows a bit more and maybe that will help I usually get asked for Skype shows but I don't want to go outside of the site.

I get worried about my cam score tanking but I've heard mixed things of whether or not it even matters as much as it may seem if that makes sense lol.

I was browsing for a prize wheel yesterday but was thinking about doing a draw game style thing for now until I get some more cash flow. Tip x amount for a draw and it could be anything from Like a flash to a pic set etc.

I also don't want to sell myself short so im trying to stick to my guns on my prices but is hard sometimes when you aren't getting tipped. However I do really enjoy camming anyways even when I'm not making money i just want to be more entertaining for myself and my customers sakes

Keep it up, I'm sure you'll manage it! Honestly when I was a new model nearly all of my income came from private shows, I found it very difficult to get any tips. Eventually I stopped taking private shows so I could work on my public room, I still got a lot of people requesting private shows but I'd usually save them for a certain day or if it got very slow. Recently I came back to camming after about 3 years off, I didn't want to do public cumshows anymore so I do a bit of public stuff but I usually make it clear privates are an option, though I tend to arrange them and then take them when the public room has gone quiet for a while or I have no countdown in tow. I also give the public room plenty of notice than I'm going to accept a private show rather than just disappearing. I don't find any members wanting a private have any issue with waiting a little longer for the show, I think for the most part they appreciate that I respect people who tip and view me. But because I was quite well known before I left most of the people who want to take me in a show know me already, it can make it difficult to make new regulars though. Since doing this my tokens per hour have shot through the roof and most of my income now comes from privates and spies.

Advice for getting longer shows, always talk to the person previously and ask them how long they want. I used to set a minimum of 550 tokens, but now I set it to 900 tokens. I think it's nice to get an idea of what they want and get each other hyped up about the show. If someone tries to take me private before even asking me in the room I don't tend to take it as in my experience it leads to awkward "do you do this?" "nope" then them ducking out, which ruins your room count for barely any tokens. Or you get the guys who take you in a private for less than 60 seconds to try and get you to show as much as possible.

I don't think I do anything special in private shows but I've had nothing but good feedback and people wanting more. It depends on who I'm with and how long I have, I always check they can see me ok first, I usually strip and tease a little bit at the start, but pretty quickly get down to the fun stuff, though starting slowly and building up. Most of the time I know the person or have discussed stuff first, but I'll refer back to them about what they want to see, if I should use any toys etc, and usually they'll guide me and tell me when to let myself have an orgasm. All I do besides that is keep myself on the edge but not allow myself to go over, it's amazingly frustrating and so fun with another person. I find it more similar to sex than masturbation, if I were alone I'd be pretty still and it wouldn't be as fun to watch, while in a private show I'm very focused on the other person and move a lot more like we're having sex. This is what I enjoy and works well for me, though it may be different for you. I guess the important part is the interaction and the entertainment.

Keep it up, I'm sure you'll manage it! Honestly when I was a new model nearly all of my income came from private shows, I found it very difficult to get any tips. Eventually I stopped taking private shows so I could work on my public room, I still got a lot of people requesting private shows but I'd usually save them for a certain day or if it got very slow. Recently I came back to camming after about 3 years off, I didn't want to do public cumshows anymore so I do a bit of public stuff but I usually make it clear privates are an option, though I tend to arrange them and then take them when the public room has gone quiet for a while or I have no countdown in tow. I also give the public room plenty of notice than I'm going to accept a private show rather than just disappearing. I don't find any members wanting a private have any issue with waiting a little longer for the show, I think for the most part they appreciate that I respect people who tip and view me. But because I was quite well known before I left most of the people who want to take me in a show know me already, it can make it difficult to make new regulars though. Since doing this my tokens per hour have shot through the roof and most of my income now comes from privates and spies.

Advice for getting longer shows, always talk to the person previously and ask them how long they want. I used to set a minimum of 550 tokens, but now I set it to 900 tokens. I think it's nice to get an idea of what they want and get each other hyped up about the show. If someone tries to take me private before even asking me in the room I don't tend to take it as in my experience it leads to awkward "do you do this?" "nope" then them ducking out, which ruins your room count for barely any tokens. Or you get the guys who take you in a private for less than 60 seconds to try and get you to show as much as possible.

I don't think I do anything special in private shows but I've had nothing but good feedback and people wanting more. It depends on who I'm with and how long I have, I always check they can see me ok first, I usually strip and tease a little bit at the start, but pretty quickly get down to the fun stuff, though starting slowly and building up. Most of the time I know the person or have discussed stuff first, but I'll refer back to them about what they want to see, if I should use any toys etc, and usually they'll guide me and tell me when to let myself have an orgasm. All I do besides that is keep myself on the edge but not allow myself to go over, it's amazingly frustrating and so fun with another person. I find it more similar to sex than masturbation, if I were alone I'd be pretty still and it wouldn't be as fun to watch, while in a private show I'm very focused on the other person and move a lot more like we're having sex. This is what I enjoy and works well for me, though it may be different for you. I guess the important part is the interaction and the entertainment.

Girl you are so knowledgeable and helpful thanks so much for all the great knowledge. Its so great we can have a community like this where we can all talk and help each other out its really awesome

Any ideas for what I can do during shows when it's slow? I just really am running out of ideas of what to do and how to get people to even tip to see more? Any helpful tips?

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/forums/important-notices-and-verified-model-instructions.24/

I started here. It was very helpful. I would work on getting verified because although there is a wealth of information on the site, you will have more information available to you after verification. There are many ideas and useful games, hints, and tips embedded in this forum. Sit down with some tea, pepsi, or w/e it is that you fancy, use the search features and have at it. I just received my first jumbo deck of cards so that I may offer some card games, something I have seen here and on myfreecams where I broadcast from.

Reactions: RebelleHart and Gen
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/forums/important-notices-and-verified-model-instructions.24/

I started here. It was very helpful. I would work on getting verified because although there is a wealth of information on the site, you will have more information available to you after verification. There are many ideas and useful games, hints, and tips embedded in this forum. Sit down with some tea, pepsi, or w/e it is that you fancy, use the search features and have at it. I just received my first jumbo deck of cards so that I may offer some card games, something I have seen here and on myfreecams where I broadcast from.

as soon as the new model verification system is up i will be doing that for sure! i cant wait to dive into all the knowledge. things have been better for me but its hit and miss but ive made some nice regulars i enjoy chatting with so i have fun i just have to find a balance of fun and watching my camscore as its dipping pretty low.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
All of these are super helpful ladies & gents! Thanks so much ^.^ New & really hoping to be a successful happy model!

Helllloooo!!!! I am a new model! I just signed all the documents for MFC. Still not ready to actually go on because I got a cold last minute :(. Probably not very appealing to be coughing my lungs out on cam ahahaha. Just thought I would say Hello! My name is Victoria.

Thanks for so much useful info guys!! There is so much new info to take in and it can leave you totally overwhelmed at times but this forum has been my go to place x

Today I took the advice here, and grabbed my broadcast by the balls! I let them know I wasn't here to chat, that I was there to make my goal for us all. I stepped a little out of my norm, and today was successful. It wasn't perfect, but it was a good day!! Thanks everyone!!

How did you do and or say this?!

I get TONS of people coming in and chit chatting but little to no tippers. I get the occasional group show thanks to one regular and if it weren't for him I would have totally tanked so far.

I want to get the point across that while I like to chat and meet everyone I'm here for a reason and that reason is privates groups or reaching my public goal.

(Yet to meet a public goal yet)

How can I say basically what you said in a nice way lol been trying to think of it but I always sound like a total bitch in my head!

There's no sure fire way to do anything on any of the sites. I do not always make goals, maybe make them smaller? Every 200tkns something comes off. That day I went in with a goal in mind, and while I like and promote chatting that day I promoted making money lolol. I try different things all of the time. Today we just had an easy Sunday chat day. No countdowns. No goals. I did decent on tips. Had a lot of people in and out. If I am running a countdown or have a goal in mind, I give incentive I guess. One day I will do spanks 2tkns ea of 5 for 20tkns, and all that adds to the goal. I allow control of my toy for 50tkns for 5 mins 10 tkns w/hitachi. That's very popular. You can find all kinds of ideas and stuff on this site. Most of your time will be spent chatting, but that's how you build your fan base. You gain one follower, like you have now, and then you gain another and another. Have you listened to other models? I learn a lot from them and that helped me get past what you are feeling right now. "Listen guys we have so and so tokens before our goals!", or "Can anyone help Wolfen meet our goal today?", "Does anyone have such and such tokens to meet the goal?" ,etc etc. Remember we are still there to make money, so you have to sell yourself and your goods!

as soon as the new model verification system is up i will be doing that for sure! i cant wait to dive into all the knowledge. things have been better for me but its hit and miss but ive made some nice regulars i enjoy chatting with so i have fun i just have to find a balance of fun and watching my camscore as its dipping pretty low.

I try not to spend much of my time focusing on camscore. I would rather focus on meeting people and getting regulars. I do look at my rank and camscore, but it doesn't consume me like it used to. Focus on making money. The rest works itself out. Consistency is the most important thing, even when you don't feel like camming, cam anyways.

Reactions: a_haze420
I try not to spend much of my time focusing on camscore. I would rather focus on meeting people and getting regulars. I do look at my rank and camscore, but it doesn't consume me like it used to. Focus on making money. The rest works itself out. Consistency is the most important thing, even when you don't feel like camming, cam anyways.
I'm really going to stop worrying about my cam score from now on.. Its not the only thing that exists.. I'm gonna also diversify! Many vids, going to create a personal website through AMS and try SM as well as keep hitting mfc hard. I wanna stick to my guns and its a personal goal for me to not give up!
Thanks for the encouraging words :inlove: (and the twitter follow xo)

This post is a gold mine for all of us newbies! Thank you SO much Evvie!!!
This is such a great post! I have been camming for about a month and a half and mostly making around $50 a day...I was wondering how to take my camming to the next level so I can better support myself and get my name out there. This post was wonderfully helpful...especially since I am new to Ambercutie forum and need to be active to see all the posts/forums. :h:

Reactions: samijanemfc
Would it hurt my earnings if I went non-nude and sold only vids(which would have me masturbating) and skype shows with domination?
Also would it be better to relabel, for something that's an actual name?

have you ever been harrassed by i member who was disapointed by your show ?

A guy was disapointed of my show and he told me in my room and complain, and in prvt and complain, i give him my mail to try repair and discuss and calm him down and he want compensation ... he give me 666tok for cumshot, i do it but that wasn't how he was expected but ... i always do the same or so and no one never complain (boys and girls), all seems to like my show ... and last night he said that my cam lagging just when was the time that i cumshot but this is not my fault if his network failed ...and .. he don't stop harrassing me with that .. that break my mood and my room mood ... i have 38 years old no have time for kiddy attitude :)

what i should do or say to him ? i was there just for have fun and make fun and fantasy not for solve problem outside CB or being harrassed, i didnt have time for that and i no want war, just fun and pleasure ... as a member i was disapointed many time but never complain to the performer, just no came back to her room .. anyway, this is me

thank you !!

A guy was disapointed of my show and he told me in my room and complain, and in prvt and complain, i give him my mail to try repair and discuss and calm him down and he want compensation ... he give me 666tok for cumshot, i do it but that wasn't how he was expected but ... i always do the same or so and no one never complain (boys and girls), all seems to like my show ... and last night he said that my cam lagging just when was the time that i cumshot but this is not my fault if his network failed ...and .. he don't stop harrassing me with that .. that break my mood and my room mood ... i have 38 years old no have time for kiddy attitude :)

what i should do or say to him ? i was there just for have fun and make fun and fantasy not for solve problem outside CB or being harrassed, i didnt have time for that and i no want war, just fun and pleasure ... as a member i was disapointed many time but never complain to the performer, just no came back to her room .. anyway, this is me

thank you !!
idk ban him?

Reactions: Serenity_Tam
idk ban him?

i think i was a too good guy .. i dont like confrontation and deception i want try solve problem and keep him in my room but ... i should put in my head that it's a job and have other member will come to me anyway .....

if i ban it is for lifetime or just the day i've ban ?

thank you !!
just ban him. If all he's doing is complaining even after you've tried to repair the situation, just severe it. It sounds like he's being manipulative and trying to get more out of you than you originally bartered for.

I'd lifetime ban him, because from the sounds of it he'd just hound you.

Reactions: Fatquack
i think i was a too good guy .. i dont like confrontation and deception i want try solve problem and keep him in my room but ... i should put in my head that it's a job and have other member will come to me anyway .....

if i ban it is for lifetime or just the day i've ban ?
Well, when you try to ban him you can decide for how long you want him to be banned - can just be 24h :) Or if you don't want to lose a maybe good client you should do what other businesses do - offer him a discount for another cumshow + sexy pic - something like that. If the problem was on your side, I think that would be reasonable.

Last edited:
Well, when you try to ban him you can decide for how long you band him - can just be 24h :) Or if you don't want to lose a maybe good client you should do what other businesses do - ofer him a discount for another cumshow.

i make him another cumshot and the cam lagging (what he say).. its not my fault :) ... i cant make free cumshot all days i will cumshot powder lol ...as i say the problem as maybe me .. i should think more business sometimes and less human ;)

just ban him. If all he's doing is complaining even after you've tried to repair the situation, just severe it. It sounds like he's being manipulative and trying to get more out of you than you originally bartered for.

I'd lifetime ban him, because from the sounds of it he'd just hound you.

you are maybe right ... anyway i have others regular and i earn enough in period i dont need him even if its a ok/good tipper

another question ... eveyone want to compare but no one asking or answer or can answer exactly ... so ... simple question ... exemple: 1300$+ are good for a period for a male performer ?

Another newbie here, and this thread has been so helpful, thank you !!!