AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Advice for new models

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
so awesome! i have been off and on performing on cam for 3 years...mostly off. i didn't take it seriously always and was scared and overwhelmed by it all! thanks so much for this post and others like it. i got a reminder email from amber cutie and remembered that there is a world of support out there!

Reactions: KarlaKaress
This forum has been very helpful!! I had a terrible night the last time I cammed, and it got me really down. But I just have to accept that I will have slow nights.

Still not extremely successful, but I do have a few regulars who stop by almost every time I'm on, and they make it fun for me! I was even gone for a couple months because of illness, and they were so sweet when I came back!!

I agree with just being your happy, bubbly self whether you have 1 or 100 people in your room. Because even if you have that one person, he/she may want to spend all their tokens on you!!

This forum has been very helpful!! I had a terrible night the last time I cammed, and it got me really down. But I just have to accept that I will have slow nights.

Still not extremely successful, but I do have a few regulars who stop by almost every time I'm on, and they make it fun for me! I was even gone for a couple months because of illness, and they were so sweet when I came back!!

I agree with just being your happy, bubbly self whether you have 1 or 100 people in your room. Because even if you have that one person, he/she may want to spend all their tokens on you!!

I know it's not always easy ... and a 0 tok night was bad .. but ... need stay positive, keep smiling and playful ... for one bad day or two life will give you back 1-2 super good days and at the end of period you will be happy and proud of you (i didn't set myself a daily goal but a period goal, just want say). You eat, you breath, you have friend and family ... be happy.

I can understand you can be down (i speak to all performer in general btw), but not show that to the fans, no speak of your problem, stay always a bit innocent, you never know when the big tipper(s) will enter your room ;-). Me too last night i had a "ok" night but, as you say, i had so much fun with some regulars and laugh of and with some grey ... tomorrow will be better, i feel it, i want it :). You are performer, entertainer, virtual friend, fantasie, dream ... it's what you have to show to the fans and it's what they want, they want have good time and change their mind.

Yes camming are a bit of competition but don't think about that, don't compare, do what you have to do, just enjoy and have fun and tok will rain, i wish you.

Ok you maybe say it's easy for me telling that in my chait from home ... you are right .. i just try telling that positive attitude attrack positive :) .. that's all .. i think you understand my point.

i hope all what i say make sense ...

take care, enjoy, smile

(p.s. excuse my bad english i'm french canadian)

another question ... eveyone want to compare but no one asking or answer or can answer exactly ... so ... simple question ... exemple: 1300$+ are good for a period for a male performer ?

If you feel you are making enough money for the effort and hours you put in then that should be considered good.
It's hard to compare yourself to 1000s of other models in my opinion as everyone has different goals.

Haven't been on cam in over a year and don't currently have verified status. Can anyone give me a few pointers as I completely rebuild my profile and restart this process?

Would it not be easiest to start over as a new model again as you would be on new status then..?
Unless you already have a very high camscore from before of course! :)

Thanks for sharing this! I too have a hard time with slow nights!:(

Has anyone got any more advice how to deal with slow nights and still stay positive?

Thanks! :angelic:

Haven't been on cam in over a year and don't currently have verified status. Can anyone give me a few pointers as I completely rebuild my profile and restart this process?
Hey Mae, I did the same thing in April. I started out last year messing around with camming, but really put myself into it this year. If there's one thing I could've done different it would be, I would've actually just restarted my entire cam name/brand/account etc. i didnt have any large following or regulars, however.
If you need help with a profile I'm willing to help with that, just shoot me a message.
If you make a new account, you'll get the new model status and thats the best way to get a following at first, to utilize that. Many of the prior posts in this thread have useful information and honestly this thread was really helpful to me in seeing what not to do. wish i saw it when i first started.
Be yourself, create a unique name and presentation of you and your shows. It's ok to have slow days, periods, weeks. It can get discouraging, but it can still be worth it!

Exactly! It's like every other customer service industry. If you provide an individualized interactive experience then the customer will fill fulfilled and come back. I think we all fall victim to the ideal that we have to lure customers in mass to obtain our goals. I don't know how many times i've simply read someone's screen name to greet them and suddenly they're chatting AND staying in my room. One day at a time.

Just a quick question and i want to see what other's views are on this....
I prefere Streamate as i dont have to get naked before going to private..

But i know MFC and Chaturbate get good traffic

My issue is, i do not like the idea of people getting "free" shows, because they hang around until the pay is met..

Ive used chaturbate once with my boyfriend and we made a little (he didnt like it, so we havent done it again.. i just solo)
Am i the only one that feels like this?
Do you use chaturbate and MFC and dont mind it? Or am i missing something?

Tatted
xx

Reactions: Mintx
@TattooedMilfyMama if you don't feel comfortable doing public shows, then MFC/Chaturbate are definitely not for you. Even if you DO feel comfortable but you don't like freeloaders, I think that it'd be best to stick with SM. I find the traffic on SM to be great. Obviously not compatible to the traffic that you'd get on MFC, but again, MFC is a public cam site so people are of course drawn there. Just make sure you're doing your best to acknowledge each member on whatever site you're on, because they all have the potential to be paying customers and paying customers turn into regulars! :) good luck, darling.

Reactions: TattooedMilfyMama

My issue is, i do not like the idea of people getting "free" shows, because they hang around until the pay is met..

I'm not a model, so can't speak from that perspective. But, as a member/viewer, please don't think that all members/viewers hang around without tipping before the end of the goals are met. There's a number of posts in various threads where we interact with the model, talk, tip throughout the night, etc. Granted, it seems we're in the minority. But, we do exist and we do make things happen.

There's no hard set rule that says you have to be undressed before going to private on MFC. There's a few models whom stay dressed while in public. Others will do a variation of clothing, most will go at least topless. You will always have people begging, or demanding, you strip and "show the goods" without tipping. But, it is entirely up to you as to what you want to do, and the limits you set.

Take a look at different models on MFC and CB and decide for yourself if you think it's worth a shot.

I'm not a model, so can't speak from that perspective. But, as a member/viewer, please don't think that all members/viewers hang around without tipping before the end of the goals are met. There's a number of posts in various threads where we interact with the model, talk, tip throughout the night, etc. Granted, it seems we're in the minority. But, we do exist and we do make things happen.

There's no hard set rule that says you have to be undressed before going to private on MFC. There's a few models whom stay dressed while in public. Others will do a variation of clothing, most will go at least topless. You will always have people begging, or demanding, you strip and "show the goods" without tipping. But, it is entirely up to you as to what you want to do, and the limits you set.

Take a look at different models on MFC and CB and decide for yourself if you think it's worth a shot.

Hey, thanks for your comment... I like the atmos and the look of CB and MFC... but put off by my reason as stated above, but i may just try it out :)

Ive used chaturbate once with my boyfriend and we made a little (he didnt like it, so we havent done it again.. i just solo)
Am i the only one that feels like this?
Do you use chaturbate and MFC and dont mind it? Or am i missing something?

Tatted
xx

Another member here, so take my point of view with a grain of salt.

One way you can look at it is you get paid an amount (that you decided) for a show, regardless of the audience size. Kind of like other performers who get paid the same whether the house is sold out or only half full. This way, the idea of freeloaders doesn't really enter into it.

So what are the best ways to leverage new model status?

I've seen a lot of talk on here about how important that is, but what are the actual steps to take that yield the best results? So far I've just been planning on,
1. Having my snapchat set up for sale, ready to go on day one.
2. Building an active Twitter account, w/ real posts, that people can follow to keep up with what I'm doing/what sites are on/latest content for sale/feel more "connected" to the performer (me).
3. Having a tip menu and goal for each night that's already set up, rather than jumping in w/o a plan, and fumbling while I try to figure it out.
4. Starting off w/ good equipment (webcam/lighting).
5. Getting practice just doing normal livestreams on periscope/twitter, just to get comfortable with being on cam at all.

Is there anything else I absolutely should be doing already, or have in place when I start? I really want to hit the ground running.

Is there anything else I absolutely should be doing already, or have in place when I start? I really want to hit the ground running.
most of what you have seems to be very good, in that you're prepared for it. I would also look at different models to help you figure out what you want to do on cam, vs just sitting idle.

most of what you have seems to be very good, in that you're prepared for it. I would also look at different models to help you figure out what you want to do on cam, vs just sitting idle.
Already got some plans for that too...I'm a dancer, so I'll be using this as time to practice/exercise too. And, depending on how the people in my room react, I love playing with slime/making slime so I'll always be doing something with my hands at least/smearing random stuff on myself. Not sure if anyone will like seeing that, or if it will help sales, but eh, I guess we'll find out ^_^

Already got some plans for that too...I'm a dancer, so I'll be using this as time to practice/exercise too. And, depending on how the people in my room react, I love playing with slime/making slime so I'll always be doing something with my hands at least/smearing random stuff on myself. Not sure if anyone will like seeing that, or if it will help sales, but eh, I guess we'll find out ^_^

I'm sure a slime show will go over quite well. Oil shows are usually very popular.

Sounds like you've got it well thought out. With that, I hope it works out for you and wish you the best!

Reactions: LylacDoll
Hi all! I am on my second week of camming on MFC and I was just wondering if anyone has noticed a better time in the day to cam? I usually I am on around 7pm-10pm EDT....still struggling to get a good following in my room. Would appreciate any tips on this! :)

Hi all! I am on my second week of camming on MFC and I was just wondering if anyone has noticed a better time in the day to cam? I usually I am on around 7pm-10pm EDT....still struggling to get a good following in my room. Would appreciate any tips on this! :)

There's honestly no 'good' time .. everyone has a different time that will work for them. Consistency is most important, so stick with your time slot.

THAT SAID.... in my personal experience daytime crowds on MFC vs nighttime are different. Daytime for me yields more europeans, more dudes watching on mobile from work etc, and often more language barriers. The folks who watch daytime shows are more visual, respond better to typing (often watching with no sound or language barriers... ) and want more ...plain smut. They're there to get off. Later in the evening I find i get more americans, more people who want social camming..talking, hanging out etc. Silly/funny shows do better in the evenings for me.

But if i havent worked a timeslot in a while and I do it it will always be a bit dead, so stay consistent in your time slot and TRY out others at the same time. When you find one that is your sweet spot, STICK TO IT.

There's honestly no 'good' time .. everyone has a different time that will work for them. Consistency is most important, so stick with your time slot.

THAT SAID.... in my personal experience daytime crowds on MFC vs nighttime are different. Daytime for me yields more europeans, more dudes watching on mobile from work etc, and often more language barriers. The folks who watch daytime shows are more visual, respond better to typing (often watching with no sound or language barriers... ) and want more ...plain smut. They're there to get off. Later in the evening I find i get more americans, more people who want social camming..talking, hanging out etc. Silly/funny shows do better in the evenings for me.

But if i havent worked a timeslot in a while and I do it it will always be a bit dead, so stay consistent in your time slot and TRY out others at the same time. When you find one that is your sweet spot, STICK TO IT.

Thank you Miss_Lollipop! I appreciate the info!! I will be a good girl and try to stick to a schedule, thanks again :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Miss_Lollipop
Thank you Miss_Lollipop! I appreciate the info!! I will be a good girl and try to stick to a schedule, thanks again :)
consistency will pay off on MFC. Don't let it stop you from trying other time slots, just .. like if your slot is 7-10 try logging on at 5 and camming longer one day.. see how the room is. Or staying on a little later. Or maybe log in in the morning for a couple hrs then come back in the evening.

Yet another newbie making a thank you response to this thread.
As someone who loves doing a lot of research before starting anything, I am finding this incredibly helpful.
I am currently waiting on a webcam so I don't have to try with the incredibly grainy one built into my laptop. I have a friend who is out a lot who has said I can borrow their really powerful PC and I'm looking into lighting right now.

Just read through every last word on this forum and this is so awesome!
I think I'm doing pretty darn good for a newbie, my cam score is over 3500 and I'm only 6 days in. I am a firm believer of being yourself. Thinking back to my first cam session last Friday (today is Wednesday) I was sooooo nervous, wearing a zip up sweater and long pants. I was openly admitting to the members how nervous I was, I just smiled, laughed, read ALL their messages and somehow the conversations kept flowing. They were so supportive they kept telling me keep it up and that I was doing great. I take baby steps every day and if i don't feel comfortable i openly say it, and the members are very understanding about it! One thing that stood out the most to me from this forum is this here...

Think about how you want to cam when you are successful. What do you want to be doing?
Do that starting on your first day on cam.

It's exactly what I needed to read at this point, cus I was kind of feeling a little lost after todays session. But here is my answer... keep the eye on the goal!! LOL

Annywhooo, I can't wait till I an be a verified member on this site so I can use it to its full potential!!! Hurryyyy Amber Cutie verify me!! loll :):)

Reactions: MaraJade
what happened? I had a great first 24hrs... not its slowed down a lot... I get it is summer.. but the traffic was there just on Monday.... still making more than I have in a weeks time, which I am very happy with.

Reactions: VanessaSantos