AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Amazon Wishlist? Please send help.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarinaThyme

Inactive Cam Model
Dec 16, 2017
I have a few guys already asking me for my Amazon wishlist to buy Christmas presents but I haven't found a way to set it up while protecting my privacy and location.

Do I have to use a P.O. Box address? Will they see my street address if they track the package? Will they have to know my real name for it to work?

I feel silly for asking all this, but I seriously cannot risk compromising my location at all even if these dudes are good guys and wouldn't leak my shit. I have children and refuse to put them in danger for my selfish acceptance of gifts from strangers.

Reactions: DollyD
If truly worried about privacy safest way would be to work through giftcards, you can even set up an amazon wishlist without address and ask people to put in gift card note what item off the list they would like you to buy.

A normal wishlist where the buyer himself interacts with a shop to buy stuff for you is rather vulnerable to social engineering even without tracing package, though unlikely, it's a mad world out there.

If truly worried about privacy safest way would be to work through giftcards, you can even set up an amazon wishlist without address and ask people to put in gift card note what item off the list they would like you to buy.

A normal wishlist where the buyer himself interacts with a shop to buy stuff for you is rather vulnerable to social engineering even without tracing package, though unlikely, it's a mad world out there.

I did tell these dudes that I'm accepting gift cards but they just ignored that and said "lmk when you have a wishlist." Idk...seems kinda sketchy, but I'm sure the legit offers will come up eventually.

I understood there are other sites with a better trackrecord than Amazon concerning location goofs but not familiar or worked with them so can't really advise on those. P.O. box is good if you don't mind at most city being known but unless you get a steady stream of gifts not sure it would be cost-effective.

Would just say to do what you're comfortable with, you're self-employed so you get to decide, dudes and dudettes can be just weird and finicky, sure as heck the customer isn't always right.

I did tell these dudes that I'm accepting gift cards but they just ignored that and said "lmk when you have a wishlist." Idk...seems kinda sketchy, but I'm sure the legit offers will come up eventually.

Sound like time wasters to me. Taking gift cards is the safest option out there for accepting gifts in regards to your personal info. With PO boxes they'd still know your general location even if you get one in a different town.

• Helpful!
I did the best that I could to prevent my address from getting sent to the buyer. The FIRST time its used I was screwed over. I have different lists and on one of them was a PS4 pro a $400 system. He offered to buy it for my snap all previous content and whatever content I made this year. I was like ok sure why not. He bought it I added him to snap but anything nude or topless I sent personally to my current guys for the next 2 days. Item WAS gone from my whistlist and then it was back on. I questioned him and he sent me a screenshot of the email confirming that he bought it.

Never got it, removed him from my snapchat and blocked him from my instagram. If you do accept any wishlist items make sure its in your hands first. I am glad I never did more than add him to Snap for a few days.

I don't think the guys just want to give money/cards. They like shopping for specific gifts and seeing them on you. It's more fun.

That said! I'm 99.9% sure my Amazon wishlist was how my real, LEGAL name was leaked on creepy websites. After that, they found the names of my parents, which were also shared online. This was when I had a very popular Tumblr.

Bottom line? If privacy is a priority, I'd forget the wishlist.

• Sorry to hear that.
I understood there are other sites with a better trackrecord than Amazon concerning location goofs but not familiar or worked with them so can't really advise on those.

There's DeliveryCode, which is good about not releasing info, and you can add things from most websites, but they take f o r e v e r to get items sent out.

• Helpful!
Yep they will see your address if they buy you something after the purchase is paid for it will show them your address, then they can cancel the purchase and get a refund. Is why I haven't done one yet but you can get guys to email you gift vouchers.. much safer way I think.

• Helpful!
I spoke with one of the guys yesterday about it and just was real with him and said look dude, it's nothing personal but I have privacy concerns so I really only want to accept gift cards. He was really understanding about it and agreed. So far he hasn't asked for anything in return but I won't give it to him until the items I buy with the vouchers are in my hands.

If a wishlist is something you want, setting up a PO box in another city is the best way to go. And you can open a PO box as a small business (in some states) if you make your cam name into an LLC, so that way you can set it up to send mail to the PO box with your cam name, so all people would be able to see was which post office it went to and your cam name.

But regardless, it is risky. The Amazon wishlist feature really wasn't designed to be used by strangers on the internet and hence why it's not terribly secure. The option of setting up a wishlist with no address tied to it at least gives people something to look at and makes them feel like they're buying something specific for you, even if in the end it's still just a gift card.

I do suspect that within the next few years, sex workers will have a good sex-worker-friendly alternative that doesn't charge a bunch of extra fees or have huge delays with shipments. A lot of people have started talking about the danger Amazon wishlists put a lot of unknowing cam models in.

The Amazon wishlist feature really wasn't designed to be used by strangers on the internet and hence why it's not terribly secure.
Bingo!

Amazon has, in the past, closed entire accounts down because models were offering trades for items in the description on their lists, too. Their response to a model whose account had been shut down was always along the lines of "wishlists were meant for friends/family, not to be used as a barter system" or some such.

It is a risky thing.

I think I'll just put together a list of stuff I would like to buy and have the guys send gift cards and choose off the list what they want me to use the gift card for or if they want to see what I bought with it, that's fine. I don't think I want to go about all the trouble of a p.o. box to get some dude to buy me lingerie or sex toys lol. I'll just be honest like no, dude, I'm not using Amazon wish lists for anyone I don't know in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.