AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Asking for tokens. Do I need more "gumption"?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2012
I hope this is the right section to ask this. I cant get into models only yet.

I am realizing that I have to be more forward with asking for tokens. I have never been comfortable asking for money to begin with. I am just wondering what strategies I can use, beside begging.

I need to get my members to tip!
I have tried the countdown topic thing, and that didn't work that much. Perhaps it would have if I stayed all night.. (who knows)
I tease, encourage, I am learning to filter out all the other miscellanous bullshit (but this is taking time.)

I want to get de-clothed and what not, keep the show going, but I need a little positive reinforcement.

So, how you encourage members to tip without seeming pushy or desperate?

OR AM I MISSING THE BOAT: should I be focusing on getting privates?

*ps: then I see girls do nothing and get tons of tip. I feel like this whole thing is so damn variable.

Thanks for your help !

Well, I say things like.. "Someone should buy my videos and make me a happy panda!!" And then I give some detail about prices and content of my videos. Or I say things like, "If you don't have tokens today please rate my profile! And if you do have tokens, I'd love one. "

I try not to openly ask for tips, I haven't figured out such a way to do so without sounding like a brat. Sometimes someone in the room will say "This girl deserves a tip." I'll agree with them and say I think I deserve one too.. If a countdown isn't going well a lot of the times I'll offer a huge discount on my whole collection of videos for half of the countdown or the whole countdown, if it's stuck somewhere low.

Be creative!

Reactions: LeenaLiberty
HI !! Welcome Noob ! :-D :lol:
From my side of the lens, all it takes for me is interaction. Naked isnt even necessary as I find tease and eroticism more fascinating than the "here it all is" always naked rooms.
What you do can to get the freetards out of chat mode and into tip mode is indeed random and a throw of the dice.... At least until you have some regs. that have tokies they are willing to part with. There's plenty of advice scattered here about all this. Someone will probably point out some of the other posts to you as I have seen them do in the past.

Reactions: LeenaLiberty
I'm kind of bad at this too, but one thing that helps me is to remind them where we're at in the countdown. I re-post my topic and say how many tokens are left til the goal. I think sometimes the members can get involved in conversation and forget about the countdown.

Talk about the goal too. Redirect the conversation.

You topic says "900tks till shower show"

ok great.

Remember to reset it.

"You guys have NO idea how good I look wet... just saying"
"all Shiny and shit.... "
"I promise not to sing during the shower show IF we get there in the next 30 mins... and we have 900tks to go! There's 100 people in here? If everyone had 9 tks we'd be getting wet and playful"
"I have this water proof vibe" (suck/tease on it) I want to try it out.. and we're only 900 tks away!"
"Every tip gets a flash! If you buy vids/pics it all goes to the countdown - here's what I'm selling"

etc..

All great ideas so far. Many Thanks.
Yeah, perhaps it is something that takes a little time to develop.
Like learning to ride a bike right.:)

Pop out a nipple "I know you guys want some more of this..." and hide it quickly
I do a flash for every tip, no matter the size. Bigger tips mean a longer/more explicit flash
Sometimes the guys might get caught in the conversation and just forget the countdown. Just remind them gently! Repost the topic, type something about it into the chat, and say it out loud politely/flirtyish

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
Reposting the topic is a must, actually. After about 5 minutes, your topic stops appearing to those who have been in your room. After about 15-20 minutes, your topic stops posting as people come in.

As a member, I feel that if the model has an unestablished fanbase, it takes incentive. If countdowns don't work, then try participating in a game. Here's a post by Keithy that should have everything you could ever imagine.

viewtopic.php?p=86360#p90477

If you do countdowns, please don't stop them at naked! It should go from topless -> naked -> 'x' show (oil, ice, lotion, etc.) If you're going to shower after that anyway, then why not get paid for it? Heck, you can even pour milk/cream on yourself in due process for a higher 'shower' countdown. If you're a gamer, you could even decide to do a gaming countdown with ventrillo and Xbox activated - guys love to play games, especially the FPS genre. Consider games like San Andreas, Skyrim, Elder Scrolls, WoW, MW2/MW3/Black Ops, Unreal, etc.

There could be extra incentives, like 'The winner of the game gets a Skype show', too. Skype, phone numbers, videos, picture sets, friends list, etc. etc. are all highly desirable. An important aspect that many models forget is the fact that you're meant to have fun here. If you treat yourself like a soda machine that dispenses cans when someone slots 20 tokens in, then you're unlikely to enjoy the experience very much to maintain the motivation/determination/perseverance.

Good luck with your endeavors.

LeenaLiberty said:

*ps: then I see girls do nothing and get tons of tip.

If you want more tips, then you need to be a better model. That's about all there is to it. Unless your profile pictures were taken 40 pounds ago (like many models), you're pretty attractive, so that's not the problem. I haven't seen you on cam yet, so I don't know what the problem is, but lurking on here for a while and reading a bunch of threads like the Keithy thread should help.

If you're wondering why some girls get tips just for staring at the camera, it's because they've taken the time to create a fan base, either by getting to know their fans, or by working their assess off in the past.

LacieLaPlante said:
I try not to openly ask for tips, I haven't figured out such a way to do so without sounding like a brat.

This. So many models haven't figured this out yet. Hearing "Come on guys, tip!!!!" like 5 times a minute is really obnoxious. There are some models who I can't watch for more than 2 minutes without muting, or else my ears start bleeding. Point is, like the girls have said, you need to be subtle and creative with your tip begging.

Reactions: CassieRamone
"____tkns to get me topless OR 10 NEW tippers who can tip any amount." -I make less from getting 10 new tippers, but it gets them to tip.
"I hate to ask this of you guys, but it's been 20min. with no tips and I'm tryin to get my titties out."
"It's hot as fuck in my room, can someone please help me out? Only ____ to get me naked!"
"Tip if your dicks hard" LOL If not very many people tip after that I tell them I'm going to develop a complex. hahaha
"I greatly appreciate tips!"
"I love this conversation, but I totally forgot about the countdown. Can anyone tip a lil something, something, so I can continue talking without worry? Please?"
I get so many demands, "Show feet." And I reply with, "Please tip ____ for requests, and I'd appreciate if they were just that. Requests, not demands." Some do tip after that.

Reactions: deeredhead
It gets easier once you have a core group of dudes rounded up. I don't know how I handled camming without regs. Any time I'm on cam for 10 minutes or more without familiar faces, I start to feel like Linus without his security blanket. Mostly, I try to go the humorous route.
"Someone needs to pay for my Boone's Farm and Poptarts dudes"
"I have charm school loans to pay off, drop some nickels man"
"I've been sitting around my bedroom in my underpants for like an hour, how am I not rich yet?!"
If you're a super sexy persona, maybe these wouldn't work. BUT humor can be sexy too.

bawksy said:
LeenaLiberty said:

*ps: then I see girls do nothing and get tons of tip.
it's because they've taken the time to create a fan base, either by getting to know their fans, or by working their assess off in the past.
i was thanking for his response there only... wanted to clarify. but ive had a lot of models hopping into my room on guest accounts, seeing a generous tip dropped while im standing/talking/making jokes/trolling, & then PM who ever the tipper was with PMs asking why they tipped me and i didnt get naked right then or start masturbating etc. Its getting really awkward. I think I might have misread this at first BUUUUT the girls that get tipped for "doing nothing" as in not having a countdown at that moment or whatever, have probably - as bawk so charmingly put it - worked their asses off in the past. :/

bawksy said:
Point is, like the girls have said, you need to be subtle and creative with your tip begging.

lol if i hear my roommate say tokens one more time im going to columbine my apartment hahahaha :p "creative tip begging" :shootself

I know everybody already said this, but it gets better when you have regular tippers instead of the more common regular freeloaders. I just saw a tweet that one of my favorite models is a sick little kitten, so I went and filled her inbox with offline tips. Regulars that get along well with you can be a true blessing.

Reactions: JickyJuly
Status
Not open for further replies.