AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Becoming "Invisible"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2013
Hi models, I was wondering if there was any way for members to make themselves invisible from certain models? There's models who Ive never spoken to or maybe have had minimal contact with in the past who always randomly IM me. I know I can "hide" them but what does that do? Does that actually prevent them from seeing Im online? Id like to know if theres a feature that would make me "invisible" as opposed to just blocking their messages. Maybe this is a question for guy members but thought you might now something. I just want my MFC experience to be pleasant. Thanks in advance!

MD84 said:
Hi guys, I was wondering if there was any way for members to make themselves invisible from certain models? There's models who Ive never spoken to or maybe have had minimal contact with in the past who always randomly IM me. I know I can "hide" them but what does that do? Does that actually prevent them from seeing Im online? Id like to know if theres a feature that would make me "invisible" as opposed to just blocking their messages. I just want my MFC experience to be pleasant. Thanks in advance!
Only thing that does that is to create a new account.

Reactions: MemberEd and hapa74
You can set your pm's to friends only.

1. Models can make premium accounts and poke around to see who's doing what where.
2. Some eager beaver members tell models if they see their big tippers in other models' room.

MFC is a social site, with all the lack of privacy and drama that comes with the medium. If you find that you are being tailed, make a second account for tomcatting around.

MD84 said:
Maybe this is a question for guy members but thought you might now something. I just want my MFC experience to be pleasant. Thanks in advance!
What is spoiling the experience for you? Not sure you can be invisible, but you can hide from certain types of attention for sure.

Everyone here is right. You will either have to A) set your PMs to friends only or B) make another account. Even if you do A, the model can still go room to room to try to find you (if she really felt like it).

However, this forum is pretty small overall. The same people who saw your other post in the other section will see it here as well. Amber tries so hard to avoid unnecessary clutter, so help her out by only posting ONE topic. Then keep all pertaining answers/questions in that topic.

Happy secret MFCing!

Click on the model's menu. Then click the x next to "ignore user".

You won't be invisible from her, but she cannot PM or MFC mail you anymore. You won't see her type in her chat room either, if you were to enter again, which you shouldn't if you don't like her. :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-28 at 8.04.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-28 at 8.04.15 AM.png
    76.8 KB · Views: 485
MD84 said:
Hi models, I was wondering if there was any way for members to make themselves invisible from certain models? There's models who Ive never spoken to or maybe have had minimal contact with in the past who always randomly IM me. I know I can "hide" them but what does that do? Does that actually prevent them from seeing Im online? Id like to know if theres a feature that would make me "invisible" as opposed to just blocking their messages. Maybe this is a question for guy members but thought you might now something. I just want my MFC experience to be pleasant. Thanks in advance!

This is a pretty common problem for members. These are some of your options.
The easiest thing to do is just click the x to close off the message or just to leave it unopened when you get one, especially if you are busy. You are under no obligation to read anything, until you choose to (message will be in archive or wait for you to answer it).
Your next step is to ignore, right click on icon near message for menu, click ignore user and close message.

You can set PM to only friends to avoid unwanted messaging, but you will have to add anyone you want to visit. Friends can also send you unwanted messages at times too, most often when you are pvt.

Your tokens and reward points can be hidden (it is in personal settings). Also your profile can be made to be less inviting to those who don't know you. I would highly recommend keeping tokens hidden until you are ready to spend them (keep the page ready to transfer the tokens out as you need them, can even do this while pvt).

One last thing you can learn is how to politely ask someone not to message you now. "Hi, might chat to you later, bit busy now" usually works ok.

You could also search as a guest until you find the right model, you will be invisible until you are ready then.

Hi guys, thank you so much for the tips. Yeah I was wondering about an invisible option just because I don't want to "seem mean" to them. If they don't know Im there in the first place thats best, out of sight out of mind. But I think Im going to take a couple of your recommendations to try to stem the tide of IMs, starting with hiding my PremiumPoints! Ive noticed Ive started getting more IMs after crossing a certain threshold in points.

About the option of creating another account ... so Ive tried that in the past and what Ive found is that a couple of particularly clingy models seem to know when I log in from my second account ... even though it's just a Basic account! I know this because once I log into my main account again I always find IMs sent to me corresponding to the time I was on the Basic account, basically asking me to log into my main account! And yes, Ive even had a model IM me to my Basic account! And another referenced me in her public chat while I was in her room from this dummy account very clearly implying she knew I was there. Ive never shared the username for my Basic account with models or anyone else. All this leads me to ask, can models track members through IP addresses somehow? Otherwise, how is this possible? If they can track a Basic account, Im sure it's possible to track another Premium account. At this point, Id just like to know the mechanism.

I understand MFC is a very social fun, site. Im definitely going to implement some of your tips. Ignoring them as AmberCutie advised is the best option I think. It won't be a problem. But now Ive become interested in figuring out how they track me across accounts.

Models definitely cannot track you using your IP address or any other personal information, so I'm not sure how the models knew it was you. However there are some things that can give you away which you might not be aware of:

Using the same font color/style on both accounts
Using the same avatar photo/profile pic
Entering your information in your profile
Certain speech/typing patterns-- this is a huge giveaway!
Similar usernames on both accounts

There is nothing within a model's power that would allow her to know that you have more than one account. We cannot access your location, name, email address, or any other information unless you put it on your profile.

Ah ok, that makes sense! The last 5 letters of my Basic account username are different from my Premium account name but the first 3 letters are the same. But there might be a numerical hint on my Basic name that could give me away to the right person so I can see how someone might deduce it's me. Is there an alphabetical search function or something of the like for models to use to find members? Otherwise how would she find me and IM me? Anyway, this username thing would make the most sense to me. I do keep a low profile on my Basic account and I definitely don't public chat from it so some of the other options don't seem likely.

I feel like I may be asking you models to give away some of your "tricks" on your end perhaps but thank you so much for the responses! I really appreciate them. Because this Basic account thing has had me VERY perplexed.

Reactions: Ambers Troll
MD84 said:
Ah ok, that makes sense! The last 5 letters of my Basic account username are different from my Premium account name but the first 3 letters are the same. But there might be a numerical hint on my Basic name that could give me away to the right person so I can see how someone might deduce it's me. Is there an alphabetical search function or something of the like for models to use to find members? Otherwise how would she find me and IM me? Anyway, this username thing would make the most sense to me. I do keep a low profile on my Basic account and I definitely don't public chat from it so some of the other options don't seem likely.

I feel like I may be asking you models to give away some of your "tricks" on your end perhaps but thank you so much for the responses! I really appreciate them. Because this Basic account thing has had me VERY perplexed.

My guess is you were in her room on this basic account. Basic members do not have PM abilities with online models, only offline models (or at least last time I tried to pm a basic, which was years ago.) Basically if an online model PMs a basic member, that basic member will not actually get the pm until the model has logged off and that basic member can not respond unless the model is offline.

So I'm just going to guess she recognized your name in her room list. if you were not in her room than man, I dunno. Maybe stop hanging out with models who you want to hide from? That seems like the best solution.

JoleneBrody said:
Maybe stop hanging out with models who you want to hide from? That seems like the best solution.

If only things were that easy.

I have a few models on my friends list that usually PM me whenever they see me online, but some days I am in a non-chatty mood and want to perv on other ladies while they are online (I know I could just tell them I'm busy or something like that, but I suck at avoiding people nicely without feeling guilty). So for a while I just opted to either not come online at all or to perv as a guest (which has its obvious downsides), so in the end I created a new premium account with an unrelated username for those days (and I don't use this account to perv on any friends, as my writing patterns are too obvious.. I can't even tease my model friends as anon as they recognise my tip notes - maybe I should leave half of my brain at the door and try to act more like a freemium/basic for those tease tips [hell.. some of those patterns are present even on this post :D ])

For the random PMs: if it's spam (models I never interacted with in the site, twitter or ACF or members trying to convince me to go tip some model they are freeloading on[1]), off to the ignore list they go. Specially it it's within 1 second of me loading the site (yep, that happened). I could set my PMs to friends only, but then I miss the random PMs from cool people who aren't in my friends list (rare, but it does happen.. And then I add those people to my friends list)

[1] - it's specially funny if you later notice people on the lounge(s) mentioning they ignored that person too.. And that person PMs you every day according to the archives.

Reactions: JimsX
weirdbr said:
JoleneBrody said:
Maybe stop hanging out with models who you want to hide from? That seems like the best solution.

I have a few models on my friends list that usually PM me whenever they see me online, but some days I am in a non-chatty mood and want to perv on other ladies while they are online (I know I could just tell them I'm busy or something like that, but I suck at avoiding people nicely without feeling guilty).

So it isn't just "models who I've never spoken to or maybe have had minimal contact with in the past who always randomly IM me" it is also girls who you interact with enough you have them on your friends list that you want to avoid. Which was not what you said at the start of this thread.

If girls pm you of whom you have on your friends list I would think you interact with them pretty regularly, that may not be the case of course. For me personally I keep my friends list tight and to those who I see and talk to VERY regularly. I think you did say though that sometimes you may not feel like visiting them.:dontknow: So if you are usually in their room you have probably created a pretty decent mfc connection with that girl. Some girls will pm and say hello if you don't want to talk just ignore it or politely say you are busy. Ignoring it can mean u are not at ur computer I know I leave mfc open sometimes. If you don't like confrontation you can go the passive aggressive route, but I advise that any girl you are afraid to be honest with for fear of her act like a raging bitch or becoming upset or the camgirl who thinks once you visit and tip her you are no longer allowed to visit anyone else again well sir you may want to reevaluate the girls you frequent unless these camgirl traits are something that turn you on which in some cases is in fact what is actually going on.

TheAliceLane said:
weirdbr said:
JoleneBrody said:

I have a few models on my friends list that usually PM me whenever they see me online, but some days I am in a non-chatty mood and want to perv on other ladies while they are online (I know I could just tell them I'm busy or something like that, but I suck at avoiding people nicely without feeling guilty).

So it isn't just "models who I've never spoken to or maybe have had minimal contact with in the past who always randomly IM me" it is also girls who you interact with enough you have them on your friends list that you want to avoid. Which was not what you said at the start of this thread.

If girls pm you of whom you have on your friends list I would think you interact with them pretty regularly, that may not be the case of course. For me personally I keep my friends list tight and to those who I see and talk to VERY regularly. I think you did say though that sometimes you may not feel like visiting them.:dontknow: So if you are usually in their room you have probably created a pretty decent mfc connection with that girl. Some girls will pm and say hello if you don't want to talk just ignore it or politely say you are busy. Ignoring it can mean u are not at ur computer I know I leave mfc open sometimes. If you don't like confrontation you can go the passive aggressive route, but I advise that any girl you are afraid to be honest with for fear of her act like a raging bitch or becoming upset because you visit other girls... well sir you may want to reevaluate the girls you frequent unless the clingy camgirl is something that turns you on which in some cases is in fact what is going on.
Weird is not the thread OP. His situation sounds a little different and he's come up with a great solution for the rare times he wants to go unnoticed. I have one of those secret premium accounts too.
It sounds like OP is trying to permanently hide from a few, and his particular described situation is the one I was responding too.

JoleneBrody said:
TheAliceLane said:
weirdbr said:
JoleneBrody said:

If girls pm you of whom you have on your friends list I would think you interact with them pretty regularly, that may not be the case of course. For me personally I keep my friends list tight and to those who I see and talk to VERY regularly. I think you did say though that sometimes you may not feel like visiting them.:dontknow: So if you are usually in their room you have probably created a pretty decent mfc connection with that girl. Some girls will pm and say hello if you don't want to talk just ignore it or politely say you are busy. Ignoring it can mean u are not at ur computer I know I leave mfc open sometimes. If you don't like confrontation you can go the passive aggressive route, but I advise that any girl you are afraid to be honest with for fear of her act like a raging bitch or becoming upset because you visit other girls... well sir you may want to reevaluate the girls you frequent unless the clingy camgirl is something that turns you on which in some cases is in fact what is going on.
Weird is not the thread OP. His situation sounds a little different and he's come up with a great solution for the rare times he wants to go unnoticed. I have one of those secret premium accounts too.
It sounds like OP is trying to permanently hide from a few, and his particular described situation is the one I was responding too.

Holy shit I had to read that 3 times before I realized what it was saying. I was like what is OP and that was throwing me off along with everything else. Realized the one I quoted was not the thread opener which I am assuming is what OP means. Hahahahaaha!! Sorry about that!! I don't know why I thought that one and the opener where the same person I need coffee.

Side note JB your response to the opener was spot on. :-D

TheAliceLane said:
JoleneBrody said:
TheAliceLane said:
weirdbr said:
JoleneBrody said:

Holy shit I had to read that 3 times before I realized what it was saying. I was like what is OP and that was throwing me off along with everything else. Realized the one I quoted was not the thread opener which I am assuming is what OP means. Hahahahaaha!! Sorry about that!! I don't know why I thought that one and the opener where the same person I need coffee.

Side note JB your response to the opener was spot on. :-D

Oh hahaha yeah sorry, OP is internet / forum slang for "original post"

Reactions: TheAliceLane
TheAliceLane said:
Holy shit I had to read that 3 times before I realized what it was saying. I was like what is OP and that was throwing me off along with everything else.

OP is one of those specialised terms that exist only online in some contexts (forums, sites like reddit, mailing lists, etc) and rarely is expanded, so it's easy to get confused - it stands for Original Poster .

TheAliceLane said:
I advise that any girl you are afraid to be honest with for fear of her act like a raging bitch or becoming upset or the camgirl who thinks once you visit and tip her you are no longer allowed to visit anyone else again well sir you may want to reevaluate the girls you frequent unless these camgirl traits are something that turn you on which in some cases is in fact what is actually going on.

To be honest, I avoid any models (and people in real life) that are that possessive about their friends/regulars.. I wish I knew why I sometimes feel guilty when telling someone I am busy or just not in a mood to chat/hangout - it is a problem that affects me online and offline, but the root of that problem has escaped me for a while and my the analytical part of my brain needs to find that root to cut it out/reprogram it.

weirdbr said:
TheAliceLane said:
Holy shit I had to read that 3 times before I realized what it was saying. I was like what is OP and that was throwing me off along with everything else.

OP is one of those specialised terms that exist only online in some contexts (forums, sites like reddit, mailing lists, etc) and rarely is expanded, so it's easy to get confused - it stands for Original Poster .

TheAliceLane said:
I advise that any girl you are afraid to be honest with for fear of her act like a raging bitch or becoming upset or the camgirl who thinks once you visit and tip her you are no longer allowed to visit anyone else again well sir you may want to reevaluate the girls you frequent unless these camgirl traits are something that turn you on which in some cases is in fact what is actually going on.

To be honest, I avoid any models (and people in real life) that are that possessive about their friends/regulars.. I wish I knew why I sometimes feel guilty when telling someone I am busy or just not in a mood to chat/hangout - it is a problem that affects me online and offline, but the root of that problem has escaped me for a while and my the analytical part of my brain needs to find that root to cut it out/reprogram it.

As you can see I am not very forum/reddit familiar :woops: haha!

Yeah I agree those people are best avoided online and IRL. The guilt I think is normal when it comes to someone you like overall you just are not in the mood, but usually they will understand. Try not to feel guilty for needing your space and time outside of them.

MD84 said:

I've thought an "invisible" function would be an awesome feature on mfc for a while. Sometimes I want to go into a specific models room and sometimes I don't. It sucks when I'm in a different models room and I see that yellow appear around a models name on my friends list when she's PM'ing me... It's always to ask me to come into her room. Some models get it and don't care if a member is on mfc being a man-whore, but others flat out get their feelings hurt if a member doesn't want to socialize with them. I've had some that have gotten pissy and tried to grill about who's room I was in and what I was doing. I can only assume at the core of all this is a "He's my guy and can only tip me" mentality.

It still to this day boggles my mind that this is even a common thing. I know some members really like getting PMs from models asking them to come visit but it just, ehhhhhh.

When models message, usually it is just to say hi, and invite you to visit.... best to think of it as being polite, and as part of good networking on their part. I always took it as a compliment, so offered favour to models who message first.
Of course you need to separate a genuine interest in inviting you from someone who just saw you arrive and is maintaining contact. Usually this is pretty obvious.

For rude, persistent, or possessive messaging you will have to face that at times. Some models you may like enough to not want to ignore, someone you still want to visit. Don't feel any obligation to answer until you are ready. There are some great models who are quite arrogant and selfish, as a member you will have to decide if putting up with them is worth it.

On this topic, had a question for models too. As a member sometimes you get a message from another model while pvt. Can you see when those on your friends list are pvt? Is it clear to you if you were to message?

In my opinion, PMing a member who's not in your room while you're on cam is as tacky as standing outside the convenience store scoping out whoever buys cigarettes and asking for one on their way out the door. I guess some members find it friendly, but from my perspective it's so needy and desperate. Shouldn't you be like, paying attention to the people in your room, or something?

VeronicaChaos said:
In my opinion, PMing a member who's not in your room while you're on cam is as tacky as standing outside the convenience store scoping out whoever buys cigarettes and asking for one on their way out the door. I guess some members find it friendly, but from my perspective it's so needy and desperate. Shouldn't you be like, paying attention to the people in your room, or something?
I would just feel SO uncomfortable and embarrassed to PM a member not in my room and ask for him to come visit. If he wanted to come to my room he would be in my room, ya know? It just does not feel like a natural flow of communication.
Even thinking about it now, I was placing myself in the shoes of a studio model following manager orders, made me feel all anxious. :lol:

I'm still not convinced that they can't track my basic account too -- one model in particular, at least. I've created yet another Basic account since I last posted with a completely different username, I haven't chatted with models or members from it in public or private, I keep a low profile and I still found an IM on it from her the other day. How is this possible?? Special software? IP address tracking?

She IS Russian. Maybe she has that KGB spy software...

MD84 said:
I'm still not convinced that they can't track my basic account too -- one model in particular, at least. I've created another Basic account since I last posted with a completely different username, I haven't chatted with models or members from it, I keep a low profile and I still found an IM on it from her the other day. How is this possible?? Special software? IP address tracking?

Some people are just not very good at playing hide and go seek. You probably are just not that good at hiding.

Shaun__ said:
MD84 said:
I'm still not convinced that they can't track my basic account too -- one model in particular, at least. I've created another Basic account since I last posted with a completely different username, I haven't chatted with models or members from it, I keep a low profile and I still found an IM on it from her the other day. How is this possible?? Special software? IP address tracking?

Some people are just not very good at playing hide and go seek. You probably are just not that good at hiding.

It has nothing to do with hiding. I set up the account. Completely different name. And did absolutely nothing. I didn't even go into her room. There's no reason she should know. None of the other models do.

MD84 said:
Shaun__ said:
MD84 said:

It has nothing to do with hiding. I set up the account. Completely different name. And did absolutely nothing. I didn't even go into her room. There's no reason she should know. None of the other models do.
Why don't you just ask her?

Reactions: NicoleRiley
Status
Not open for further replies.