AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Best Cover Song?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As disgusted as I am in myself I like this better than the original. I am an abomination.

I've been listening to this one a lot recently. The original (by TV On The Radio) is one of my favourite songs and I wasn't entirely convinced it would be suited to Anna Calvi's dark, gothic, dissonant weirdness, but it works amazingly well. The song is ostensibly about a dood transforming into a werewolf, but clearly it's about sexual awakening and raw, primal, animalistic fucking ("My heart's aflame / My body's strained / But God I like it", "Feeding on fever / Down on all fours / Show you what all the howl is for") and Calvi's knack for stripping songs down to their bones, the primal howl of her guitar, the way she purrs, hisses and coos her way through the song (if it wasn't about sex before, in her hands it most certainly is)...it just feels right, even it's all a million miles from the walls of feedback and punk rock fervour of the original.

For reference, here's a live version of the original from Letterman...

Reactions: Alexandra Cole
A couple of interesting covers:

I think the late great Ronnie James Dio would not disapprove of this.

And a pretty cool version of Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean"

Reactions: eclipse76
I just got sucked down a youtube rabbit hole. I don't really like katy perry sooo, I'd say this is improved.

And I've always liked this cover. Awesome song sure but elton's version's is more difficult to sing along with to if you can't actually sing. :p

Reactions: PunkInDrublic

Don't you judge me, it's a cool song. Don't let me catch anyone round these parts talkin ugly bout Lisa Loeb. New Found Glory? Sure, shit on em all you want but best be respectful if you choose to speak on Lisa.

I'm totally into this guy right now, I almost put this in the "Vids you find amazing" thread, but felt it fit better here. I love what this guy does with sampling and loops. I think what he does can't be fully appreciated unless you actually see what he does as opposed to just listening to it.

So here he is doing a cover of "Where Is My Mind?":

THePETEBOX

Status
Not open for further replies.