AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camming and future career.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
Hello i'm leila im 19 and i've just verified myself to work as a camgirl my only concern is that once i finish school to become a social worker it will affect me. Not anyone finding out my identity but when filing my 1099. Will companies go that far back? Do you think this will affect me getting my social work liscense? It will be 6yrs from now. Also ill be camming until i get my certification in a few months as a medical assistant then ill stop. What do you guys think please help.

Unfortunately I think this job choice is something that would affect a career in social work, especially if you are planning on working with children. *Some* background checks will bring up 1099's but most won't, in my experience. I don't think that's a huge place of concern, but someone finding out your identity should be of some concern to you. It's really not that uncommon for camgirls/SWs in general to be found out. If social work is really what you want to do you might consider another path than camming.

Reactions: Aly_0022
If you want to be a social worker then you should not go into the adult industry. It's a sad and hard truth, but it's the truth... even if it's fucked up and wrong. Doesn't matter how careful you are or how short your time as a camgirl is or if no one ever finds out, your paychecks from camsites are forever tied to your legal name.

Unless there is a miracle change in how society sees the adult industry in the next six years, I wouldn't try it. Especially, like other people are saying, you potentially are going to work with children or anything like that. It really sucks having to think "What can I go into if I want to leave this" and seeing things that could have interested you just no longer being an option anymore because of cam, but that's just when you got to balance what you want. :h:

i wouldn't risk it if i was you. when i became a cam girl, i knew that someone that i care about or someone that i go to work for will find out that my ass is all over the internet.

Definitely consider another short term career path, camming has the potential to stay with you forever. Doesn't seem to be worth the risk in your situation. xx

Status
Not open for further replies.