AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Canadian Girls, I have questions!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2017
Twitter Username
@mitzybelle
Chaturbate Username
mitzybelle
Hi y'all,

My name is Mitzy, I'm new-ish (celebrating my one month cammiversary tomorrow) and I just got my first Chaturbate cheque on Friday. I took it to Money Mart to cash it yesterday, and they did, but their fee is 8%, which seems hi, and they asked me SO MANY QUESTIONS. I'm glad it was empty in there, I was honest about everything, but it was highly embarrassing and I don't want to do it again, if possible. I've read A LOT of threads about payment on here, I think my other two options are Payoneer and wire transfers-- can anyone give me their personal experiences, as Canadians? Also has anyone switched their CB payment method before? How did that work?

Thanks in advance!! xoxox

Hi y'all,

My name is Mitzy, I'm new-ish (celebrating my one month cammiversary tomorrow) and I just got my first Chaturbate cheque on Friday. I took it to Money Mart to cash it yesterday, and they did, but their fee is 8%, which seems hi, and they asked me SO MANY QUESTIONS. I'm glad it was empty in there, I was honest about everything, but it was highly embarrassing and I don't want to do it again, if possible. I've read A LOT of threads about payment on here, I think my other two options are Payoneer and wire transfers-- can anyone give me their personal experiences, as Canadians? Also has anyone switched their CB payment method before? How did that work?

Do you have a bank account? One with a major bank like TD, RBC, Scotiabank, CIBC etc. should all deposit US checks for you. You can be vague and say it's just from modeling. The tellers can be superrrrr nosey. Or just tell them you work for a security company and can't talk about it ahaha.

Payoneer (now FirstChoicePay) is a great option. It's faster and more reliable than a check. There is a 2.5% conversion fee + exchange rate. Once funds are on your card, you can use it at the grocery store or shopping like a regular credit card. To get your money out you go to an ATM. It will take a bit of math to convert your money to CAD - conversion fee and any ATM fees. The fees are tax deductible! So they kinda suck, but are WAY less than 8%.

It's good to get a FirstChoicePay account since if you decide to cam or make clips, that is usually the best payment option on them :)

I'm intrigued by the whole paycard thing, I had one for a previous job (again, of the super legit variety) and it worked great, but it was done through the company I was working for, not an outside vendor.

Thanks for the response, Keziah-- do you have any experience with getting wire transferred?

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Canada and I struggled with this choice for a while, I went with First Choice Pay and do not regret it at all! it was super easy to sign up. Every pay out I cash out my tokens and then within about 3-5 business days (usually closer to 3) it gets transferred onto my prepaid card.
I haven't figured out the bank transfer on there so I just go to my local bank's ATM and pay the $2 processing fee to have cash withdrawn from my prepaid card. (usually a max of $400 is all that is allowed so if I want more I do several transactions) and then immediately deposit it into my personal bank account.

Reactions: Kiki Jane
TD's ATM's have a $1200 withdrawal limit so that might be a better option ^__^ or try the ATMs actually in a bank. They can usually dispense more bills.

I would avoid the FCP bank transfer, I had a lot of issues (a year ago though and a different site). It's also slower than the card. I love the prepaid card, haven't had any issues!

I get a wire transfer and almost always have. I don't like FirstChoicePay much- I have had problems with them getting my card replaced (It didn't have a chip on it and someone put fraudulent charges on it so they cancelled it) and I think the fees are too high. I have my pay wired into a USD account (I bank with CIBC; TD and other banks also have USD accounts) and exchange it to Canadian when the rates are good. For me this has been the most financially smart decision (I only started keeping it in a USD account a year-ish ago, but it has saved me (earned me?) a lot of money). This only works if you aren't living paycheck to paycheck though- I was for a long time. But I still prefer wire transfer.

Wish I had known that.. I have been using CIBC's and they only allow 400 withdrawal per transaction.
So thats good to know!

Sorry for the double post- is it the bank machines or your account that allows that? I have definitely withdrawn more money at a CIBC bank machine than $400 before.

Sorry for the double post- is it the bank machines or your account that allows that? I have definitely withdrawn more money at a CIBC bank machine than $400 before.

It might be because I'm in a small town then? I use the ATM in the actual CIBC bank and with both my prepaid card AND my debit card I haven't been able to take more than $400 out at a time.- unless I'm withdrawing american currency.

I've been using bank transfer (goes to US Td account and then I transfer it up to my Canadian account). I'm on SM, so they charge me a $40 fee and then my bank charges $15 USD I was using FirstChoice for about 6 months using bank transfer before their international servers broke one day and they literally lost 3 weeks of my pay. Thankfully after about a month, they sorted it out, but I already switched to bank transfer. First choice tells me now that they don't do bank transfer and that I can sign up for a prepaid credit card. The idea of paying a lower fee interests me about the prepaid credit card because right now I pay $280 a month to get paid, but I'm kinda worried they'll screw it up again. Has anyone had issues with the prepaid ever?

Hi y'all,

Reactions: Booty_4U
Andddd now that I type this, my bank transfer is lost!! Anyone on SM get their pay wired? My bank says they got nothing and I just had to pay $50 for SM to trace and now I have to "allow three business days". So frustrating!!!

Canadian here. You can most deff deposit US checks with a teller at any major bank, I usually just say I do web design work or affiliate marketing. FirstChoice is another great option, and if you want to do the daily payout route you can sign with Boleyn Models (my link is in my sig if you want to look at that more, they do take a bit of a cut but frankly i'm irresponsible as hell with money so it's worth it for me lol) and they can do FirstChoice or direct deposits into an RBC account.

I really liked the direct deposits, which get paid out every day but take about 3 days to process with RBC, but they're fantastic if you ever need to prove income for a rental or something else and you get a better exchange rate.

Hey there!

Just my two cents from another fellow Canadian cammer...

When I first started camming I opted for a cheque and they did deposit the US cheque into my CAD bank account, however, they did put a hold on the money for a whole month which really sucked.

The second cheque I deposited they did not put a hold on, but I wasn't sure if it was just an oversight because the teller seemed new.

Anyway, I didn't want to take the chance of future cheques being held so I switched to Paxum. I did end up having issues with them as they would not do EFT transfers into my local bank account because my username sounded too "adult" (uhh...yeah?). I then tried doing wire transfers through them and two of those failed until finally after about 2 1/2 weeks it went through. It was extremely stressful. Needless to say I switched again and am now trying out FirstChoice. This will be my first time getting paid through them so let's see if I am happy with their services!

Happy Camming! :)

Hey there!

Just my two cents from another fellow Canadian cammer...

When I first started camming I opted for a cheque and they did deposit the US cheque into my CAD bank account, however, they did put a hold on the money for a whole month which really sucked.

The second cheque I deposited they did not put a hold on, but I wasn't sure if it was just an oversight because the teller seemed new.

Anyway, I didn't want to take the chance of future cheques being held so I switched to Paxum. I did end up having issues with them as they would not do EFT transfers into my local bank account because my username sounded too "adult" (uhh...yeah?). I then tried doing wire transfers through them and two of those failed until finally after about 2 1/2 weeks it went through. It was extremely stressful. Needless to say I switched again and am now trying out FirstChoice. This will be my first time getting paid through them so let's see if I am happy with their services!

Happy Camming! :)
I reckon that my payment solution may not be ideal for you at the moment, however if you wish me to take a look, you know how to contact me.

I reckon that my payment solution may not be ideal for you at the moment, however if you wish me to take a look, you know how to contact me.

Well that doesn't sound good...now I'm worried since I already have it set to FCP as my payment provider for this pay period. Can you elaborate on why this is not ideal for me? Can I not withdraw the cash at an ATM and deposit it into my bank account?

Well that doesn't sound good...now I'm worried since I already have it set to FCP as my payment provider for this pay period. Can you elaborate on why this is not ideal for me? Can I not withdraw the cash at an ATM and deposit it into my bank account?
Yes you can, and I believe I was poorly phrasing myself. My aim is to have you make as less actions as possible until the funds are where you want them to be.
Is the card stable and faster than any EFT, wire, and paper check? Sure is, however I’m very careful about pitching it as Ideal. I hope I didn’t add to the stress but actually helped.

Update: I've had First Choice Pay for two pay periods so far and it's been pretty seamless! There are some fees and I think I'm losing a bit in the exchange rate when I make withdrawals, but it's not exorbitant and it's worth it to me for how easy it is. I also like that it's essentially a USD credit card, it makes some online purchases easier.

I ordered a US account! MFC sends me a cheque by UPS priority mail and it comes usually 2 days after the pay period ends. I deposit it into the US account, and when the exchange is good I transfer it into my checking account. The only thing is that they can hold the money for up to 15 business days. I've built up enough of a reserve that it works for me! Hopefully this helps!

I get a wire transfer and almost always have. I don't like FirstChoicePay much- I have had problems with them getting my card replaced (It didn't have a chip on it and someone put fraudulent charges on it so they cancelled it) and I think the fees are too high. I have my pay wired into a USD account (I bank with CIBC; TD and other banks also have USD accounts) and exchange it to Canadian when the rates are good. For me this has been the most financially smart decision (I only started keeping it in a USD account a year-ish ago, but it has saved me (earned me?) a lot of money). This only works if you aren't living paycheck to paycheck though- I was for a long time. But I still prefer wire transfer.

Hey I'm wondering how you set up your wire transfer, my bank doesn't have an IBAN number and I can't submit my payment information form on chaturbate.

Hey I'm wondering how you set up your wire transfer, my bank doesn't have an IBAN number and I can't submit my payment information form on chaturbate.

Hmmm.. I haven't set up payment info on Chaturbate so I'm not sure. Have you contacted support? I don't think any Canadian banks use IBANs, I think they use SWIFT codes or something so it should have a space to input that. Your bank should be able to help too though...

Call your local branch and set up a US account with them, take down all the info (SWIFT, IBAN etc.) and transfer it to cb. It took a while for me to get everything sorted out but it works great now. Very convenient for me

Sorry, another question... How does it work if you choose a payment method with a $1,000 payout and you haven't earned enough?? Do the funds just continue to accumulate until $1,000 is reached and then it's paid out???

Sorry, another question... How does it work if you choose a payment method with a $1,000 payout and you haven't earned enough?? Do the funds just continue to accumulate until $1,000 is reached and then it's paid out???

Yes, any site that I've worked on will roll your earnings over until the next pay period until the payout minimum is met. I've yet to hear of a site not doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.