AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Clips4sale newbie

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi! I hope it's ok to post this in "cam chat" because I didn't see a section for clip sites.

I started a clipstore on c4s this week (after being on manyvids for 9 months) and I'm pretty jazzed.

I guess I'm just posting to see if anyone has general "things I wish I knew when I started" advice/ etc. (I believe there's an extensive thread in the models only section but I don't have access to that)

I'm going to be doing mostly latex glove clips because I've already had success doing them on mv, and i really enjoy the aesthetic of them.

I already like that members don't even have names when they buy your content-- like, I do enjoy messaging with members on manyvids, but there's something kinda refreshing about getting a sale and having it just be a transaction on c4s.

Just search "clip4sale" in the search bar and you'll find every answer to your question and then some. Located in the top right corner. ;)

Reactions: SatanJonez
I already did! I looked through the threads I could find but many were not recent/ don't allow new posts in the threads so I wanted to start a new one.
I posted in most of those threads. I assure you, they are most definitely VERY relevant. :)

Reactions: Skirmante696
Reactions: BiancaBaker
I would get verified and have access to our c4s thread in MO its seriously full of awesome information (looks like Rose beat me to it!!!)

Reactions: Rose
  • Hugs
Reactions: Gen
Main thing I wish I knew was that you never know what will sell. My favourite videos made peanuts compared to some random shit I felt like trying. Sometimes you can find a niche you didn’t expect, so being open to new things is good.

The other thing is not to nitpick— I’d film something and then decide I looked ugly and not want to share it. But forcing myself to remove the self-critical goggles and just post it helped me make more money. That goes for all clip sites though I guess.

Main thing I wish I knew was that you never know what will sell. My favourite videos made peanuts compared to some random shit I felt like trying. Sometimes you can find a niche you didn’t expect, so being open to new things is good.

The other thing is not to nitpick— I’d film something and then decide I looked ugly and not want to share it. But forcing myself to remove the self-critical goggles and just post it helped me make more money. That goes for all clip sites though I guess.

too true- I'm currently in the middle of filming but I'm getting frustrated since my most recent clips i've put up on manyvids haven't sold how I wish they would. I know all I can control is what I film and post, not what's bought but I can't help wishing I had the magic power to tell what's gonna sell, lol.

I'm curious about keywords-- so categories are searchable, but the "keyword" field seems to imply it's only for searching within my store, not across all of c4s-- is that true, or no?

It's searchable through the entire site with the new advanced search feature that they just released. I'm not sure about the current default search...but they will be switching to the new one before long.

It's searchable through the entire site with the new advanced search feature that they just released. I'm not sure about the current default search...but they will be switching to the new one before long.
ohh gotcha
so they're just more chances for people to see your videos pretty much.
do descriptions not get picked up in searches? just titles and categories and now keywords?

ohh gotcha
so they're just more chances for people to see your videos pretty much.
do descriptions not get picked up in searches? just titles and categories and now keywords?

They are all supposed to searchable with the new search.

There is a video on clips4sale of their last webinar meeting that talks all about the new search features. You can find it under the "message history" in your admin.

oh! also when you say gifs, do you mean just don't add a still cover image at all, and use only the gif instead?

Yeah, it's interesting because when I look at your store, it looks as if you are using the C4S gif maker, which is basically just a series of still screenshots of the clip. Still images aren't typically super enticing (though I will say that your Goth GF Dildo Fuck Hitachi still is super eye-catching - which proves that there are exceptions to every rule!) You are using both the still-image GIFs AND the preview button. But that means that the still-image GIF is what shows first and most, which doesn't reflect the beauty of your videos, and customers have to click on the preview button to bring them up. That's an extra step that they might not be really doing. Which is a shame because your previews are gorgeous - your video quality is absolutely beautiful, your lighting is fan-fucking-tastic and the scenes you have chosen to represent your clips are perfection. And THAT should be the first representation of your clips, not the still-image GIF that C4S makes! Because the still-image GIFS aren't doing your clips NEARLY enough justice! So it might be worth a try to turn off your preview button, ignore the auto C4S gif-maker entirely, and use an outside program to create your own custom GIF that really show off the true quality of your work!

Also, what sells on C4S isn't usually the same stuff that sells on Manyvids. Manyvids is mainly vanilla sex, but C4S is HUGE for fetish stuff. They typically have two very different markets, so what sells best on one doesn't always sell best on another. Like... On C4S, a yawning clip will probably sell better than a normal toy show. Vice versa for MV. Try out a ton of different fetishes and see what sticks! It's okay if something you create doesn't sell right away. Believe me, I know how discouraging that can be! What helps me is to remember that every clip is an investment into your library of content. I regularly sell videos that are years and years old - so what doesn't sell tomorrow could still bring you money in the future. The more content you have, the more choices viewers will have, which is better for the long-term game!

(One last thing, I promise! According to your video previews, I don't see a watermark on your clips! I would definitely encourage you to mark your videos in some way, even if it's just your model name or Twitter handle in the corner. Because your clips WILL be pirated and uploaded to other sites, so being able to trace your clips back to your store/contact info can be super handy! That's something I wish I had known since day one!)

Yeah, it's interesting because when I look at your store, it looks as if you are using the C4S gif maker, which is basically just a series of still screenshots of the clip. Still images aren't typically super enticing (though I will say that your Goth GF Dildo Fuck Hitachi still is super eye-catching - which proves that there are exceptions to every rule!) You are using both the still-image GIFs AND the preview button. But that means that the still-image GIF is what shows first and most, which doesn't reflect the beauty of your videos, and customers have to click on the preview button to bring them up. That's an extra step that they might not be really doing. Which is a shame because your previews are gorgeous - your video quality is absolutely beautiful, your lighting is fan-fucking-tastic and the scenes you have chosen to represent your clips are perfection. And THAT should be the first representation of your clips, not the still-image GIF that C4S makes! Because the still-image GIFS aren't doing your clips NEARLY enough justice! So it might be worth a try to turn off your preview button, ignore the auto C4S gif-maker entirely, and use an outside program to create your own custom GIF that really show off the true quality of your work!

Also, what sells on C4S isn't usually the same stuff that sells on Manyvids. Manyvids is mainly vanilla sex, but C4S is HUGE for fetish stuff. They typically have two very different markets, so what sells best on one doesn't always sell best on another. Like... On C4S, a yawning clip will probably sell better than a normal toy show. Vice versa for MV. Try out a ton of different fetishes and see what sticks! It's okay if something you create doesn't sell right away. Believe me, I know how discouraging that can be! What helps me is to remember that every clip is an investment into your library of content. I regularly sell videos that are years and years old - so what doesn't sell tomorrow could still bring you money in the future. The more content you have, the more choices viewers will have, which is better for the long-term game!

(One last thing, I promise! According to your video previews, I don't see a watermark on your clips! I would definitely encourage you to mark your videos in some way, even if it's just your model name or Twitter handle in the corner. Because your clips WILL be pirated and uploaded to other sites, so being able to trace your clips back to your store/contact info can be super handy! That's something I wish I had known since day one!)

wow, thank you for such a detailed response!

ok so i think i get it now, i can just straight up opt out of an image or gif preview at all, and it'll just give viewers the option to click play on the preview video, right? man, I wish c4s could just convert my preview clip into a gif for me. though i guess for the ones that have already been on manyvids, i can snag the gif they generate from my preview video on there.

(and wow i'm blushing, thank you for your compliments on my lighting/scenes etc!)

I'm really excited to dive into other categories and see what I can be good at on c4s. I'm going in strong with glove videos because I've gotten a great response to them on manyvids and i enjoy making them, but i feel like i can do a lot of other fetishes WHILE wearing latex gloves, and use that as a way to branch out while still remaining appealing to glove fans.

and oof yeah, I'm lazy about watermarks but I know I should get around to them. I guess if I want to reupload a clip with a watermark and delete the old one it's easier on c4s than mv, since i don't have to worry about deleting reviews/views/comments, right? or is there something i'm not thinking of that would make it a pain/ disadvantage on c4s?

I guess if I want to reupload a clip with a watermark and delete the old one it's easier on c4s than mv, since i don't have to worry about deleting reviews/views/comments, right? or is there something i'm not thinking of that would make it a pain/ disadvantage on c4s?

Unless I’m mistaken, doing this can possibly get your studio deleted. Since on Clips4Sale you’re automatically bumped up to the top of the homepage and the category page whenever you post a new clip, this can be seen as trying to manipulate that system. You can post it in another format with the watermark, since c4s allows you to upload more than one format and post in another category, but I wouldn’t risk deleting and reuploading. You can always shoot a message to support to clarify this, because I could be wrong. It’s better to be safe than sorry, ya know?

• Helpful!
Reactions: Pira
Unless I’m mistaken, doing this can possibly get your studio deleted. Since on Clips4Sale you’re automatically bumped up to the top of the homepage and the category page whenever you post a new clip, this can be seen as trying to manipulate that system. You can post it in another format with the watermark, since c4s allows you to upload more than one format and post in another category, but I wouldn’t risk deleting and reuploading. You can always shoot a message to support to clarify this, because I could be wrong. It’s better to be safe than sorry, ya know?

ohh that's a really good point, thank you for bringing that up!

@paige_orion omg thank you for writing that out! I've been struggling to figure out c4s previews and such and looking at your store and your explanation above, I think I finally got it! You're a saint, I swear the time you take to explain things is truly incredible! Thank you!!

I've had to delete videos a few times over the years. If it's a one off thing, say to update a bunch of videos, then I would include "edited for (blank)" in the description. This way it's clear you've updated the content in some way and are not just reposting the same video over and over.

For videos with bad sound, or say you missed a blooper and need to clip it, deleting the video listing and reuploading it won't get you in trouble. Since this is a watermark and technically counts as a new edit, it would be highly unlikely you would get in trouble for this.

I've had to delete videos a few times over the years. If it's a one off thing, say to update a bunch of videos, then I would include "edited for (blank)" in the description. This way it's clear you've updated the content in some way and are not just reposting the same video over and over.

For videos with bad sound, or say you missed a blooper and need to clip it, deleting the video listing and reuploading it won't get you in trouble. Since this is a watermark and technically counts as a new edit, it would be highly unlikely you would get in trouble for this.

You can also upload the new watermarked version with the same exact filename, and it should overwrite your previous version with the new one. So there would be no need to delete it if you are worried.

It should prompt you when you upload it, and you say something along the lines that you want to overwrite it. That's how C4S has us fix a video that doesn't download properly for customers.

You can also upload the new watermarked version with the same exact filename, and it should overwrite your previous version with the new one. So there would be no need to delete it if you are worried.

It should prompt you when you upload it, and you say something along the lines that you want to overwrite it. That's how C4S has us fix a video that doesn't download properly for customers.
oh so that would literally replace the file in the same "clip", not affecting top-sold for my store or anything? that would be real nice

Reactions: KylieJacobs
Yay you joined! I tell the group all the time how helpful ACF is! Please verify and come to the models section there are whole threads for both MV and C4S including massive sections with advice for starting things

Also I think I gave you this link before
http://adult-income.com/clips4sale-guide-for-newcomers/#Preview

But this and her book are awesome

Yay you joined! I tell the group all the time how helpful ACF is! Please verify and come to the models section there are whole threads for both MV and C4S including massive sections with advice for starting things

Also I think I gave you this link before
http://adult-income.com/clips4sale-guide-for-newcomers/#Preview

But this and her book are awesome
yess i came here because of you! I'm unable to verify until i'm on an approved site, so probably when i eventually hop over to SM :)

I read through Sinna's amazon book and have been cross-referencing it as I go through uploading and organizing everything, it's been my c4s bible basically. (weird in that i'm not religious, but whatever)

Reactions: Gen and NerdyZoey
yess i came here because of you! I'm unable to verify until i'm on an approved site, so probably when i eventually hop over to SM :)

I read through Sinna's amazon book and have been cross-referencing it as I go through uploading and organizing everything, it's been my c4s bible basically. (weird in that i'm not religious, but whatever)
Bahh I thought because there’s a clip section in the MO section you could I’m sorry. I wish I had more advice to give but listen to the girls here! It’s an amazing place even I’m gen chat as you can see

Reactions: Gen and Pira
oh so that would literally replace the file in the same "clip", not affecting top-sold for my store or anything? that would be real nice

Right, you would need to upload it under the "new uploader add/delete files" (the site's mass uploader) or a ftp. In other words, it won't let you where you edit individual clips and descriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.