AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Dialect Mapping Quiz

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was hilariously awesome. That told me I speak most similar to... The area I grew up in! lol

its creepy accurate even for the NYC area. I answered and got my home place spot on. Then I re-took it the way a relative speaks with maybe two words different and got their exact home place even though it's only 10 minutes away from mine. Pretty cool.

Reactions: Bocefish
That was fun :-D I got three results; Tulsa, Springfield, and Oklahoma City. I've never lived in any of those cities but the color map did match most of the places I've lived. I've bounced all around the US, so I guess I've picked up dialects from different areas. Makes it harder to pin me down but the map was still pretty darn accurate. It was interesting seeing where different words are used, also to see how my dialect has changed from various moves (for example I ALWAYS called it pop until my last move, now it's soda).

Mine said I was from New York area. Never even been there, or within 1000 miles.

I had a feeling it would not get mine correct. Mum is from England, Dad was from the deep south. Military brat and I was in the military as well. It gave me Southern California(Santa Clarita, Corona or Anaheim) and while I have been there before, never spent a significant amount of time there. Maybe my speech had been most affected by TV and movies? :think:

I'm from Ontario, which is not on their map. I was wondering if I might have picked up words from Illinois and Indiana since I've lived here for more than ten years, but apparently not. I was most similar to Rochester and Buffalo, NY, which makes sense, since they were the nearest American cities to where I grew up. Close enough to get their TV channels with an antenna. Apparently they pinpointed those because I use the word "sneakers". Which I guess is only popular in the north east and Florida (maybe not coincidentally where a lot people from the north east and Canada go for the winter). They also matched me with Honolulu because I say "firefly". Sure.

So I'm from New Zealand (so obviously, this quiz should not be able to find my area)

I pick up accents like a sponge though. When i lived in Arkansas, i had a thick southern drawl.

When I moved ..it went away

now i live in New Orleans and already im using some of the terms specific to this area (neutral ground, Po'boy)

I CONSTANTLY hear that I sound like I'm from new york. Ive been there once. But people always say thats what my accent sounds like now..

(I've lived in NZ, france, arkansas, New mexico and now New Orleans)

Funnily enough..the quiz..thinks I am from the NY area - and picked New Orleans'florida after that.
Now isn't that interesting?

Status
Not open for further replies.