AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do you believe that rape culture is real?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No I understand what you are saying. You see it as "button mashing." I see it as "choosing to express though emote." No one owes you an explanation too. Sometimes people just read and are busy to post, but still wants to engage in the conversation, but not to derail and flame.

An emote adds to the conversation? So how exactly does my facepalm add to the conversation? You don't know if I'm giving you the rating because I find your name calling with Barkeep silly (I don't actually care) or because I think elevating an emote to the level of conversation is head-bangingly lazy. It is the latter.

@GenXoxo makes a great case for the use of the positive ratings and if everybody used them like her I'd be fine. In fact, it would have been perfectly ok with me if she had given my post where I whined about them, a negative rating/disagree cause she also gave an explanation.

Since Amber says they are staying, I'm not going to make a separate thread, cause this thread is Exhibit A of why they negative ones are bad for a good discussion.

Reactions: heybarkeep
Has nothing to do with whether or not I agree with them. What should I call the people that add nothing besides cringe to every thread?

In all fairness, I may have missed where you contributed to this 18 page discussion about rape culture, but all I've seen from you is complaining about post ratings. Like throughout this thread from the second page. I'm sorry if you feel you've been attacked by ratings, but you don't half go on do you?

Don't get me wrong I do think some people are way too quick to click those negative ratings. I got a bad troll attempt rating for my first post which had nothing offensive in it, was just explaining why I believe rape culture is a thing. You can disagree with it, but not sure agreeing rape culture exists based on personal experiences makes me a troll. I very rarely rate anything negative, whether disagree, troll attempt, facepalm or chill pill. Reason being, I don't like to be hurtful, and I would rather explain to someone why I disagree than just posting a rating with no explanation, then they have the opportunity to understand my opinion. It's easier to look at negatives and get upset by them, even if you have a load of positive ratings on a post, if one person has poop rated you in your mind it's hard not to see it. Kind of like a bunch of people could give you compliments but if one person calls you fat and ugly it sticks in your mind. I wish some people would bear this in mind when they're quick to attack others with shitty ratings. I've noticed some people also get a bee in their bonnet because one person gave them a disagree rating and then spam the rest of their posts with negative ratings. That is just so insanely childish and petty.

The only way I use the troll button is if someone genuinely looks like they're trolling- i.e. winding people up deliberately to get a reaction. And sometimes disagree if I want to make a point to others that not everyone shares that opinion. But most of the time when I disagree with a post I don't give the person poor ratings. It just seems a bit petty in my opinion and not worth the trouble. Plus it removes value from the rating if it's used willy nilly. I'd rather spread positive vibes.

Positive ratings I think are great as they can add support and make people feel good about what they post. It's nice to show someone that they've been listened to and understood, even if you don't have anything to add in a response. It isn't exactly quick to write a decent post and I like to show respect for those who take the time out of their day to post here. Sometimes I post positively even if I disagree with their main point because they've said other things that are interesting and have clearly thought about what they're saying.

An emote adds to the conversation? So how exactly does my facepalm add to the conversation? You don't know if I'm giving you the rating because I find your name calling with Barkeep silly (I don't actually care) or because I think elevating an emote to the level of conversation is head-bangingly lazy. It is the latter.

@GenXoxo makes a great case for the use of the positive ratings and if everybody used them like her I'd be fine. In fact, it would have been perfectly ok with me if she had given my post where I whined about them, a negative rating/disagree cause she also gave an explanation.

Since Amber says they are staying, I'm not going to make a separate thread, cause this thread is Exhibit A of why they negative ones are bad for a good discussion.

Well sometimes people don't have to interact with you. I cannot speak behalf of anyone who uses it. But I know I use it when someone has either derailed, said something a little ridiculous, or sometimes I use it as a face-palming the actions someone posts about someone. Especially if I don't have anything constructive to say. That's not a "Well clearly, I won if they have nothing to say."

My post where I was honest with my experience got disagreed with, but I took it as someone who wasn't interested in looking past their ideology or beliefs when it came to my healing and trauma.

I don't give a fuck when people do that. Not everything you put out there or your say in the conversation is going to approved by people. And that's okay. I've had thought provoking posts I've created that were I've been facepalmed or chill pilled. Didn't get my panties in a bunch when I asked why and never got a response.

I just adding to a reasons why someone may click it. We are busy girls, and I know most models read the forums when they are working. Just adding nuance and playing devil's advocate. Heybarkeep says he is open to discussion, but only with his hands over his ears. He already made his mind up on a group of us. But dude is making judgments based on emoticons. (Ironically, I think it's equally immature). But he also is lacking total self-awareness when he passes his judgments.

Same with Bocefish. Btw speaking of self awareness. I was being condescending and whatnot after he was to me. So when someone is going to treat people like shit, I'm going to do the same. But that's another dude who has a habit of being a giant hypocrite. BTW WHICH REMINDS ME. Bocefish, Have you apologized for accusing people of bullying when they were just challenging you perspective, then proceeds to call the most though provoking post an annoying bitch?

Guys if you are going to put yourself out there, you may not get positive responses. And that's okay. You guys would never make it as a camgirl. Maybe we are all harden bitches because we are used to people making comments without any explanation why. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Text comes off literal too. Smoke a peace pipe and get over it, IMHO.

Last edited:

And I thought you were being a shady bitch, and it made me giggle. I didn't think anything wrong of it. If you did think it was head-bangingly lazy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ If you wanna talk about it I'm down, if not. It's all good.

Since this has inadvertently turned into a subject about feelings and emojis causing heartache, it's time to lock it. Thank you to everyone who participated in a constructive and informative way. I know there are some folks who think controversial topics need to be removed/banned/locked immediately but that would just be dumb.

Discussion is good.

There will always be a few sour apples to jump in with nothing constructive to add and just make direct comments about people and their behavior. They can be removed from being able to post in said threads.

There will also be people who fling poop ratings for absolutely 0 reason. Those people can also have their ability to rate at all removed (which has happened to at least one person as a result of this thread.)

I'll close with this reminder that the Ignore function is sometimes better than fueling fire with attacks and retaliatory responses to people you don't like. Please see thread - Ignoring users and dealing with undesirables.

:droid:

Status
Not open for further replies.