AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KattySteel

Cam Model
Sep 11, 2018
Twitter Username
@kattysteel
MFC Username
kattysteel
Chaturbate Username
katty_steel_
Hello everyone !

This topic I have searched even in the deep web (j/k) and the information that exists is very little.

Context.
I have exactly 1 month and 25 days since I first cam on myfreecams, the problem is this. Since I started, the camscore it has dropped to 300 and I was able to stay in it during this month and feel great and thanksful for that. It has come down for being not explicit and the just teasting and chill with my members and another technical issues,but that stays for another post.

Issue.
When you are so down the traffic descends greatly and pulls you down if your two LIKE NEW months left, which is gold because people see you for the first time and want to see what you do so they tip trying to see more. After that the new people coming is hard almost you had some guys loving you since the start (tag NEW and camscore 1000).

With an empty room with 3 or 4 tippers that stayed with me it is difficult to maintain a show that attracts more people and promotes the tip. They are at the limit, we had worked hard this month to maintain ourselves and have a better ranking but they are literally broke till next month.

Approach

-Do creative shows
(I have tried painting, dancing for long time and talk as much as can with my limit english but people come in and go fast) seemed not to be interested. Why?

-Bring your army from another page,
I have not tried it because I do not have an army on any platform.

-To talk a lot
My English is limited but I still speak it well and I understand it but people do not type after the first or two times.

Many top models have not led with an empty room (believe me that a 700 camscore is not the same as one of 300 and a low camscore and an empty room are two different things) and to speak from the experience of leaving there I do not find it.

Sure they came from a low camscore and so on, but an empty room is difficult as you have no idea llorar, someone please have the experience and have it resolved?

* NOTE * I am not explicit, I do not use lovense and I am not interested in attracting people who want explicit sex, but... How to make yourself noticed then? What do MFC member like? Experiences ? Examples? ideas?

I have studied many articles, here and in other blogs, kick, olivia, ashleytea, bunny and more but no one has left documented if you have had to Handle with an Empty Room how to overcome it from your own experience.

REITER * This post is not about a low camscore (which is consistent) but rather a room with 3 or 2 premium members to handle with*

*Im still not verify here so if there are more information i still have no access to it.

Thanks in advance to all,
Katty

I'm not a model, but from what i've seen, none models do many of the same thing regular models do. Have a tip menu, play games, countdowns, raffles and prizes, home made gifts.

None nude, you can still dress up like your going on a date, pose, and flirt. Having a cool back drop can make your room seem more friendly and welcoming. Plus it's a way to promote your personality, tastes, can be a conversation starter.

But that's just a theory.

• Helpful!
Reactions: KattySteel
Upvote 0
Kind of a nitpick but it’s “non-nude”.

None =/= non.

It’s been mistyped in many threads lately not just picking on you Lelo.

Upvote 0
Not an easy situation and I do not think there is THE solution. I will tell you what happened to a friend of mine. She's camming on chaturbate and is successful there. She started to broadcast on myfreecams as a second site. First week went well, camscore was around 1,200 after the "new" tag was gone, then it fell and fell and fell until at 400 she stopped to broadcast on mfc, basically she felt it to be a waste of time. She is non nude (max underwear in public), not selling videos, pictures, snap or anything, "just" live camming. Average tokens per hour on cb about 800 to 1,000. Room was mostly empty too on myfreecams (but got pms from members from lounge or who were elsewhere on myfreecams).

She took three months off from myfreecams but kept contact to a handful of members (three or four). Then two days ago she started to broadcast again on myfreecams, notified her members that she'd be back. She did two private shows with them (each around 20 minutes long) and her camscore jumped to about 1,400 now. Basically it's a second chance now. As bizarre as it is, camscore gives an incentive to reduce online time.

I see you are broadcasting on chaturbate too. I do not think you will ever see the same user numbers in your chat room on myfreecams as on chaturbate. The main way to communicate on myfreecams is pm. The rooms with a vivid public chat are really, really rare on myfreecams. Even some of the top rooms are relatively "chat free" in public compared to the top rooms at cb. The sites are very, very different in that regard. I think Mila_ once used the term "chattier" for cb compared to mfc.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: Mila_ and Osyrus
Upvote 0
Wanted to be sure you realized, that that it's up to each specific member to determine how long the actual "NEW" tag lives on. It's a configurable option, not a hard-coded option by MFC. Mine is still at the default, which is 1 week. So after that, the NEW thing will disappear for a model. I'm actually going to change it to "Never" because I didn't realized mine had defaulted back for some reason. For me, how long you've been on the site has zero influence.

Screen-Shot-2018-10-28-at-9-07-13-AM.png

Also, I can only speak for myself, but I've never paid attention to camscore. I know MFC defaults to sorting by camscore but members can change that. Mine is sorted alphabetically. I disable all of MFC's color coding crap, ignore their "models you may like" because it's the worst thing I've ever seen in my life lol, and you can see the rest below. I don't remember the last time I even looked at a camscore. Any member that's been around long enough knows it has absolutely ZERO to do with whether or not you may enjoy a room. I think it makes for a great goal for models to try and push it up and keep it up, but for anyone new I guess I just wanted to point out that there's a lot of us that couldn't care less about it.

I have a 3-4 friends I visit regularly and there's almost always one of them online so I have little need for the MFC homepage and for seeking out new rooms. But when I do, alphabetical works just fine for me. I just look for a preview of someone doing something interesting. Dancing, playing a game, not wearing a pink alien lol, maybe some kind of different/creative backdrop, cool lighting, etc. are usually things that catch my eye. Basically just anything but someone laying on a bed doing nothing.

I'm not sure if that's helpful in the least. I mainly wanted you to see that the NEW thing is configurable, don't put too much pressure on yourself there. And while I understand entirely why a lot of girls focus so heavily on camscore, just know there's those of us who ignore it completely. Here's how I configure the homepage:

Screen-Shot-2018-10-28-at-9-16-36-AM.png

Upvote 0
Above I see people mention having a cool backdrop... just want to say I have had my highest room counts when I was just sitting in my living room or on my bed and for some reason when I put work or money into back drops it’s always been a waste of effort and money.

I have had my lowest tkn days & member count be when I spend $100s on the set and lots of work setting it up.

Just saying be cautious investing time or money into those things because it doesn’t mean it will work out.

Upvote 0
Wanted to be sure you realized, that that it's up to each specific member to determine how long the actual "NEW" tag lives on. It's a configurable option, not a hard-coded option by MFC. Mine is still at the default, which is 1 week. So after that, the NEW thing will disappear for a model. I'm actually going to change it to "Never" because I didn't realized mine had defaulted back for some reason. For me, how long you've been on the site has zero influence.

Also, I can only speak for myself, but I've never paid attention to camscore. I know MFC defaults to sorting by camscore but members can change that. Mine is sorted alphabetically. I disable all of MFC's color coding crap, ignore their "models you may like" because it's the worst thing I've ever seen in my life lol, and you can see the rest below. I don't remember the last time I even looked at a camscore. Any member that's been around long enough knows it has absolutely ZERO to do with whether or not you may enjoy a room. I think it makes for a great goal for models to try and push it up and keep it up, but for anyone new I guess I just wanted to point out that there's a lot of us that couldn't care less about it.

I have a 3-4 friends I visit regularly and there's almost always one of them online so I have little need for the MFC homepage and for seeking out new rooms. But when I do, alphabetical works just fine for me. I just look for a preview of someone doing something interesting. Dancing, playing a game, not wearing a pink alien lol, maybe some kind of different/creative backdrop, cool lighting, etc. are usually things that catch my eye. Basically just anything but someone laying on a bed doing nothing.

I'm not sure if that's helpful in the least. I mainly wanted you to see that the NEW thing is configurable, don't put too much pressure on yourself there. And while I understand entirely why a lot of girls focus so heavily on camscore, just know there's those of us who ignore it completely. Here's how I configure the homepage:

Although you did not say how much time you have at MFC as a member, I think that for a model to know the way a member navigates is valuable information to guide their shows. Yes everyone with a low camscore (<1000) we care about the CS because it reduces the exposure and that is reflected in the profits.

Regardless, on my part it does not mean that I am not making money, I work every night and I keep a schedule as well as trying to maintain my CS (and I have managed to keep it throughout this month and that makes me feel very satisfied and proud of myself as compared to my first month).

Thank you very much for your time and effort to give me advice and information.

Reactions: SexyDesireC
Upvote 0
Above I see people mention having a cool backdrop... just want to say I have had my highest room counts when I was just sitting in my living room or on my bed and for some reason when I put work or money into back drops it’s always been a waste of effort and money.

I have had my lowest tkn days & member count be when I spend $100s on the set and lots of work setting it up.

Just saying be cautious investing time or money into those things because it doesn’t mean it will work out.

From own experience i can corroborate what you said. I´d already invested time, money and effort in that, and it has not worked for me either.

Thansk you so much for reply.

Reactions: SexyDesireC
Upvote 0
I'm not a model, but from what i've seen, none models do many of the same thing regular models do. Have a tip menu, play games, countdowns, raffles and prizes, home made gifts.

None nude, you can still dress up like your going on a date, pose, and flirt. Having a cool back drop can make your room seem more friendly and welcoming. Plus it's a way to promote your personality, tastes, can be a conversation starter.

But that's just a theory.

Your theory may be very accurate and certainly it is, but it falls when you add the key factor of the topic "If you have an empty room with whom you are going to play or sell raffles"?

Anyways, the advice of ¨ ... make your room seem more ... welcoming. Plus it's a way to promote your personality, tastes ... ¨ It made me think of a way to make it look good and it helped me in these last 2 days.

So, Thank you very much for reply and the advices.

Reactions: Osyrus
Upvote 0

bad luck for me then haha :rofl::rofl:

I'm new and had some troubles but since I realize my "thing" just keep working on it ♥
Practices make perfect. (or close):makeup:

Reactions: Osyrus
Upvote 0
You mentioned being non-nude and non explicit...

Try adding a "CFNM" tag to your list, it stands for "clothed female naked male." You'll get a bunch more people who are into that, so long as you don't mind it if they ask/tip to have you watch their cam. Most are just into hanging around being nude while the lady is clothed though. Although that fetish is often part of femdom, there are still a bunch, especially on MFC who are into CFNM and not much else.

That said, the tags will really help drive traffic to your room if you use them well. Avoid tags that most models use, you'll just be one in a thousand who has themselves listed as "friendly" but also use things that members will be most likely to search for.

Not sure if femdom is something that you want to start delving into, but there are a lot of uncommon tags that members will use to search for to find that, and much of it is stuff that most models won't have listed. Even if the more hardcore femdom stuff isn't something you want to get into, having stuff like "tease and denial" or T&D might help drive traffic to your room as long as it's something you'd actually like to do. :)

Upvote 0

So true, and it honestly sucks a ton more when you spend all that time on that to have 0 result.

But caring a little is good, caring too much isnt good; You are very right!!

Upvote 0
Hello everyone !

This topic I have searched even in the deep web (j/k) and the information that exists is very little.

Context.
I have exactly 1 month and 25 days since I first cam on myfreecams, the problem is this. Since I started, the camscore it has dropped to 300 and I was able to stay in it during this month and feel great and thanksful for that. It has come down for being not explicit and the just teasting and chill with my members and another technical issues,but that stays for another post.

Issue.
When you are so down the traffic descends greatly and pulls you down if your two LIKE NEW months left, which is gold because people see you for the first time and want to see what you do so they tip trying to see more. After that the new people coming is hard almost you had some guys loving you since the start (tag NEW and camscore 1000).

With an empty room with 3 or 4 tippers that stayed with me it is difficult to maintain a show that attracts more people and promotes the tip. They are at the limit, we had worked hard this month to maintain ourselves and have a better ranking but they are literally broke till next month.

Approach

-Do creative shows
(I have tried painting, dancing for long time and talk as much as can with my limit english but people come in and go fast) seemed not to be interested. Why?

-Bring your army from another page,
I have not tried it because I do not have an army on any platform.

-To talk a lot
My English is limited but I still speak it well and I understand it but people do not type after the first or two times.

Many top models have not led with an empty room (believe me that a 700 camscore is not the same as one of 300 and a low camscore and an empty room are two different things) and to speak from the experience of leaving there I do not find it.

Sure they came from a low camscore and so on, but an empty room is difficult as you have no idea llorar, someone please have the experience and have it resolved?

* NOTE * I am not explicit, I do not use lovense and I am not interested in attracting people who want explicit sex, but... How to make yourself noticed then? What do MFC member like? Experiences ? Examples? ideas?

I have studied many articles, here and in other blogs, kick, olivia, ashleytea, bunny and more but no one has left documented if you have had to Handle with an Empty Room how to overcome it from your own experience.

REITER * This post is not about a low camscore (which is consistent) but rather a room with 3 or 2 premium members to handle with*

*Im still not verify here so if there are more information i still have no access to it.

Thanks in advance to all,
Katty
I have purchased Lovense lush and it has helped me a lot, more consistent tips and you don’t need to be nude to use it

Upvote 0
Last night on MFC I had a slow room, so I took up the suggestion I've read on here about playing games. I tried strip hangman, I got 0 results. The only tipper tipped small cause he thought I was cute and then it was ghost town. I toughed it out another hour. But yeah the empty room struggle is real sometimes and games aren't always the answer. Best to keep toughing it out and find your "thing"!

Upvote 0
Last night on MFC I had a slow room, so I took up the suggestion I've read on here about playing games. I tried strip hangman, I got 0 results. The only tipper tipped small cause he thought I was cute and then it was ghost town. I toughed it out another hour. But yeah the empty room struggle is real sometimes and games aren't always the answer. Best to keep toughing it out and find your "thing"!

I noticed the same thing last night, im not saying i have hundreds of people but the number was very low for what im used to!

Reactions: poppymoon
Upvote 0
You mentioned being non-nude and non explicit...

Try adding a "CFNM" tag to your list, it stands for "clothed female naked male." You'll get a bunch more people who are into that, so long as you don't mind it if they ask/tip to have you watch their cam. Most are just into hanging around being nude while the lady is clothed though. Although that fetish is often part of femdom, there are still a bunch, especially on MFC who are into CFNM and not much else.

That said, the tags will really help drive traffic to your room if you use them well. Avoid tags that most models use, you'll just be one in a thousand who has themselves listed as "friendly" but also use things that members will be most likely to search for.

Not sure if femdom is something that you want to start delving into, but there are a lot of uncommon tags that members will use to search for to find that, and much of it is stuff that most models won't have listed. Even if the more hardcore femdom stuff isn't something you want to get into, having stuff like "tease and denial" or T&D might help drive traffic to your room as long as it's something you'd actually like to do. :)
This is wonderful advice! Thank you! I have been wondering how to utilize model tags.

Upvote 0
I have had some issues with this myself. I found that eliminating countdowns, adding new things to the short tip menu in the topic, and switching up my profile pic has begun to drive a little more traffic. I am planning to change my username soon so that is more personal and friendly, because currently it just looks like a username since I wasn't sure in the very beginning if I wanted to stick with camming or not.

Upvote 0
Are you all making use of the model tags function? I only recently discovered this and have been adding new adjectives to describe myself. Some members do search tags instead of browsing front pages. I know, it's not often, but not unheard of!

Reactions: Slapstick
Upvote 0
I actually have a question about model tags. I have been having the same issues lately. My room is incredibly slow or just full of free-loaders. It feels like I have to work twice as hard to make half the amount of money. I currently use my tag function and have them all filled, although I read in someone's comment that a good way to get new traffic is to get more specific with the tags. I was wondering, where would I find a list of all tags that would be relevant to the interest that already exist in members so I know which terms are used most to describe certain fetishes or interests? I assume I could also just look up a list of fetishes and tag them by their name as they are exactly but am curious about nicknames or tags like CFNM that stand for something specific but don't spell out the whole term or description of the fetish.

Upvote 0
I actually have a question about model tags. I have been having the same issues lately. My room is incredibly slow or just full of free-loaders. It feels like I have to work twice as hard to make half the amount of money. I currently use my tag function and have them all filled, although I read in someone's comment that a good way to get new traffic is to get more specific with the tags. I was wondering, where would I find a list of all tags that would be relevant to the interest that already exist in members so I know which terms are used most to describe certain fetishes or interests? I assume I could also just look up a list of fetishes and tag them by their name as they are exactly but am curious about nicknames or tags like CFNM that stand for something specific but don't spell out the whole term or description of the fetish.

CFNM is clothed female, nude male. It took me years to figure out this was my biggest fan base, and only after my best regular spelled it out for me!

Upvote 0
CFNM is clothed female, nude male. It took me years to figure out this was my biggest fan base, and only after my best regular spelled it out for me!

Thanks Jane :) I saw that in a previous post.. I do like the idea of doing CFNM or non-nude but don't think I have too many other talents to showcase to keep people interested.. I've thought about painting or grooming a model dog (fake dog) on cam.. and currently don't do cam2cam. Although I may consider it. I decided last night to search around mfc to see if I could find a list of all of the tags that are already in use.. don't know why I didn't try that first because I did find it on the main page in case anyone else needs to find it :D

Upvote 0
Thanks Jane :) I saw that in a previous post.. I do like the idea of doing CFNM or non-nude but don't think I have too many other talents to showcase to keep people interested.. I've thought about painting or grooming a model dog (fake dog) on cam.. and currently don't do cam2cam. Although I may consider it. I decided last night to search around mfc to see if I could find a list of all of the tags that are already in use.. don't know why I didn't try that first because I did find it on the main page in case anyone else needs to find it :D
Dude if you decide to do a grooming demonstration please let me know so i can take a peep! That sounds fascinating

Upvote 0
Are you all making use of the model tags function? I only recently discovered this and have been adding new adjectives to describe myself. Some members do search tags instead of browsing front pages. I know, it's not often, but not unheard of!
We do exist! As a member I will say that I search for models almost exclusively using tags. Please use your tags responsibly ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.