AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Feel like I missed something!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PiperRose

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Nov 8, 2015
United Kingdom
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@Cam_Pixie
MFC Username
Pixie_Pip
So my first night was so much fun! I literally just sat in my underwear talking about British things and trying to explain what a sausage roll was xD

I really planned out for this next session and had a game set up ready to play after there was enough people in the room. I set my pms to friends only to avoid getting spammed with messages...but instead I'm barely holding one person in my room! I updated my profile so wondered if that was it or its just people don't want to have to pay to pm so they just leave...can someone give me any pointers to why the other night I did nothing and got interest but tonight no one wants to play my games ??

Could be a lot of things. I wouldn't worry to much about it. Everything looked pretty well laid out with your profile and Twitter. I don't know if you only plan on camming 2 days a week, but many might be put off by that. Perhaps, if you can work more nights try filling out a 5 day schedule and see if those times work better. Weekends tend to be better earning days for me, but that'll be a bit different for everyone. Glad you had some fun though. ^.^

Also, keep in mind it takes a rather long time for most to build a following, so don't beat yourself up too hard for low room counts. I wanna say it took me like a month or so to get 5 consistent regulars.

Camming is a really fidgety thing so will have some great nights and you will have some nights that are so slow it will make you wonder what the hell are you doing here in the first place. The highs can be really high and the lows can crush you if you let them.

That being said, I had a look on your profile and twitter and I just a couple of things you could try that may or may not help.

1. Tidy up your profile a little bit. It doesn't have to look fancy or anything, but a little bit more information on stuff that you do and don't do might help. Also, please get rid of the '+' signs... I found them a bit off. I am also a bit confused about what 'pop the cherry' means. (if that's a cumshow goal, 300 tokens it waaaay to small, if it's something else... I am not sure what).
2. Go on a twitter follow spree. Use hashtags, follow models you like, interact, network, that sort of stuff try and built up a little more of a following.
3. I did think there may be a reason your mfc avatar is not your face... but your current one won't exactly attract many people in your room.
4. Read everything you can on ACF about equipment, sound, lighting, tips on everything cam related. This forum helped me go from a 400 camscore to about 1.2k in about a month. (yes, I did get very very lucky with that, but I would not have gotten lucky if I was still camming with my inbuilt webcam and tweeting to 5 followers).

Good luck and welcome to the dark side! (Sometimes we have cookies)

Webcamming is a business like any other. You wouldn't open a store and expect to be successful on day one would you? Well webcamming is the same way. It is a business and it takes time to grow. And having fun with it is great, genuinely liking what you are doing and genuinely having fun and making friends is the best way to get tips, but do not forget it is still a business and in the end it is still mostly about the tokens. If someone wants something make sure they pay for it, because while you may have fun that is not the reason you are there. You are there to make money. And I think PM's in private is a good policy. That way you are charging them by the minute. Keep liking what you are doing though and I guarantee you will eventually get big tips for that and that alone.

I think one of the hardest things for a new girl to accept (including myself) is that a good following takes time to establish itself. Slow days will very likely drive you nuts, and you might sit there wondering "What the heck am I doing wrong?!" The only lame advice I can give is to stay in a good mood on cam, that always seems to draw people in when you look like you're having fun. Patience, young grasshopper! We'll get there! :joyful:

Reactions: PiperRose
Keep a good schedule and make sure you're following or trying to follow that schedule. Don't focus so much on "what did I do wrong" because 95% it's not just you. MFC is a gamble. There's good days and there's bad days. It takes time to get lots of loyal regulars in your room who are so in love with you they change their MFC member name with your name in it. I.E @Ambers Troll ...just as @IndySolo said you will definitely get there. It may take time but stick to your schedule, mix it up a bit with games and add your already oozing sex appeal and you'll have a few loyal drones in no time!

It takes time to get lots of loyal regulars in your room who are so in love with you they change their MFC member name with your name in it. I.E @Ambers Troll
Very good point but in this case you are way wrong. My user name is not related to my ACF name, I am actually making fun of AC's opinion of me by using it. In her defense she handles that well, unlike the last few times here under other names, she hasn't banned me from her forum yet.

Reactions: CamilaCherryMFC
Very good point but in this case you are way wrong. My user name is not related to my ACF name, I am actually making fun of AC's opinion of me by using it. In her defense she handles that well, unlike the last few times here under other names, she hasn't banned me from her forum yet.
Other people tolerate you on this account, so I shall continue to. For now.

@CamilaCherryMFC he definitely has some sort of obsession with me but not in a fun and happy way. I do have some fantastic regulars in my room that have ACs_ in front of their name to signify being "AmberCutie's" people. :) It feels nice! And I like that it doesn't have my full name in it, so that if/when they go in other girls' rooms it isn't too attention stealing and annoying.

Well I've tidied my profile a little and changed the profile picture. I actually enjoy floating around on twitter too haha! x
Last night I definitely had a little more interest...What a difference a little bit of editing in a profile can make! I mean I knew a profile is important but I didn't think I changed that much xD x

I do have some fantastic regulars in my room that have ACs_ in front of their name to signify being "AmberCutie's" people. :) It feels nice!

Ahhh I see! Gotta learn from the best :haha:

Don't think that name changes are required though for a member to be considered a "regular", and don't let it bum you out if it doesn't happen unless it's something you REALLY want and ask for it.
I have an amazing and pretty large group of frands and not one of them has my name in their name, and I like it that way. "Loyal drones" are most def not my cup of member tea.

I never thought of myself as a drone. Thank's for the heads up!

Lol didn't mean it in a bad way...hell I'm even a "loyal drone" myself to some of my favorite MFC models! :smuggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.