AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

First Day Camming

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 30, 2022
United Kingdom
Twitter Username
@ada_erotixa
Chaturbate Username
ada_erotixa
Hi all,

I’m new here and have just finished my first show on Chaterbate! I am a non-nude model and had about 30views total and 8 people in my room max (anonymous- no chatting) at one time. I made zero tips and was online for 3 hours. I know a Thursday afternoon probably isn’t the best time to start but wanted to do my first show while nobody else was at home.

I know I’m just at the beginning and will keep at it to build up an audience. I recorded my show so I can watch back and learn - and also use some screen grabs for promo so my time wasn’t completely wasted 😊

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else? And I’d also love to hear any good/bad/ugly stories from other peoples first camming sessions. It would be nice to know I’m not alone at epically failing my first cam attempt 😂

Love Ada

Oh this happens all the time, don't worry. It was really comforting for me when I found this forum and while reading through the posts I realized it wasn`t just me.
Some days are so slow you just want to die :arghh: but then other days will make up for it.
I personally didn't have a very good experience with chaturbate but it's basically the same for most sites: stick to your schedule and you`ll have people coming back to see you.

If you feel like it's too slow still, I think splitcamming might be a good option, but I'd wait a bit and see if it gets better.
Chaturbate has a convoluted user interface so one thing you can do is take the time to understand how to use bots and site functions for better results.

Summer is often very difficult for online entertainers. That combined with the economy being pretty shit everywhere has lead to this particular summer being extra tough. You seem to have a good handle on things - watching back your stream as well as doing screen grabs - so I feel that if you stick it out, you'll eventually hit your stride and can make a living out of this.

Do need to note that being non-nude is going to make your climb more difficult unless you're specializing in a particular fetish. Many dommes are non-nude, for example. I started out as non-nude until I got more comfortable with things and am now only non-nude (very very rarely flash a nipple) in public. I am a hard tease and I guess could be considered a sensual domme. Perhaps this fits you? Lean into your strengths and do things that you know you're good at doing. Stick it out, things nearly always improve in the Fall.

It would be nice to know I’m not alone at epically failing my first cam attempt 😂
I have to say, you did not fail! You stuck around through a tough stream when MANY others would have called it quits, even experienced performers. Three hours is a lot, and you did your best at something you've never tried before. You put in the time, you got your face out there. Good job!

Agreed with @Brit that non-nude performers can have a harder time getting large room counts. But you don't need a large viewership, you just need to figure out how to convert the viewers you do get into spenders, and create familiarity and connection to keep them coming back. So don't get discouraged by what you feel are small crowds! It's that whole 80/20 thing. Each performer is different, and each viewer is seeking a different experience on a different budget. We can't apply the same assumptions to every viewer, and we can't count each viewer as a guaranteed income source. Every opportunity will need its own sales pitch. Yes, you will learn how to be intuitive in choosing how to hustle based on how someone interacts, you will figure out how to pick up on what they seek. But it's not an exact formula you follow. Lots of improv because every viewer represents a new variable.

Love that you said you recorded your stream for learning AND to pull promo/content out of! So smart. Creating content and marketing are so important. And being able to watch your stream back will give you lots of insight into changes you may want to try out. Seeing ourselves as the viewer does can be very different from how we thought things went while we were live. It's like sports teams watching their play recordings to find opportunities for different or better strategy.

Having content to sell or offer as prizes for games on stream can be helpful. And talking it up is a good way to fill a lull in the stream. If you want to, you can open accounts on content platforms to add more streams of income. Mentioning this because if you are already recording your streams, those can also be sold. But photos, clips, and mp3s can be good moneymakers too. You are smart to think of ways to make the time worth your while. I personally feel that having stuff going on outside of streaming is helpful, so you have options to be productive and get your money without feeling like you must sit through slow hours for too long. Talking about content you want to make or content you've just made is a good conversation starter, in my experience. I'm a bit of a blunt salesperson, I don't like to let the convo stray too far from the work topics, so I'm always redirecting back to my offerings. This works great for me on Streamate, but other performers do well with different approaches.

After writing all of this, I realize that I'm rambling a lot about viewers when you are talking about not having them. So I'm sorry if most of this is not immediately useful. 😂 But keep showing up, try new things, don't be discouraged by low room count! And maybe consider trying out some other digital sw options for boosting your income while you build your presence. Phones/texting, content/subscription sites. That kind of thing. Having promo content is a great start!

Hi all,

I’m new here and have just finished my first show on Chaterbate! I am a non-nude model and had about 30views total and 8 people in my room max (anonymous- no chatting) at one time. I made zero tips and was online for 3 hours. I know a Thursday afternoon probably isn’t the best time to start but wanted to do my first show while nobody else was at home.

I know I’m just at the beginning and will keep at it to build up an audience. I recorded my show so I can watch back and learn - and also use some screen grabs for promo so my time wasn’t completely wasted 😊

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else? And I’d also love to hear any good/bad/ugly stories from other peoples first camming sessions. It would be nice to know I’m not alone at epically failing my first cam attempt 😂

Love Ada
I have been having a slow time since the start of the new month. I am new to camming, this will be my second month. I was focused on one site but with it being slow now I did a bit of split camming as suggested by Lilly and that improved my traffic! Worth a shot :h:

Status
Not open for further replies.