AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

French Press, Instant, Pods, Espresso... Coffee Talk!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
I almost bumped this older thread but it has been sleeping for almost 2 years so I figured I'd let it rest. :)

Jawbs and I both enjoy coffee and have tried it in different forms over the years. We used to make classic drip coffee pots full of Don Francisco Vanilla Nut as well as other random ground coffee, but we could never seem to perfect the taste or consistency. (Vanilla Nut is still a favorite of ours, and we do have a decent new drip machine to make pots of it here or there. I've realized glass carafes are preferable to metal, the metal ones end up tasting funny.)

Then we moved to a Keurig for many years due to the convenience. I thought I loved it, but for a while now I disliked the bland or burned taste that most cups produced.

We've had a Nespresso machine for a couple of years as well to make espresso/cappuccino in addition to kcups, but we just upgraded to a Nespresso Vertuoline which does coffee as well as espresso pods.

It's amazing.

Vertuoline.png

It's so nice to have very rich flavored coffee instead of watered down or burned grossness. It's a little bit more expensive per cup than Keurig pods but so very well worth it. We got the milk warmer/frother as well and it's been excellent.

What methods of coffee consumption have you tried and/or enjoyed over the years?

Coffee is whack! Don't drink it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: AmberCutie
Keurig machines make some pretty awful coffee. I use it sometimes at work because they took away our good coffee, and I'm repeatedly amazed by how bad it is.

I've never tried Nespresso machines.

Drip coffee that hasn't sat around too long can be pretty good. A French press is great if you can get someone else to clean it out for you afterwards. :D

The worst coffee comes from the old fashioned percolators, but I'm sure most of you are too young to have endured that particular kind of nastiness. (Unless perhaps you've used a percolator designed for camp stoves.)

Coffee is whack! Don't drink it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, but, but… coffee consumption is correlated with a reduced risk of several types of cancers. So there. :p

Reactions: JickyJuly
I'm fond of this coffee maker called the Aeropress. It's essentially a big syringe, lol, you put a little paper disk in, then coffee and hot water, stir a bit and plunge. It's about the quickest and easiest one-cup thing around that's not some kind of automatic pod machine. Cleanup is quick -- the grounds turn into kind of a puck and you just take the bottom off and plunge it right into the trash.

I'm a pretty certified coffee geek (I roast my own beans, lol) and this thing gets high marks from the nerd/snob/gourmet coffee enthusiast set, for good reason.

Also, it's cheap, maybe $30.

OH yeah we tried the hyped up cold brew before with this, too. https://toddycafe.com/

We made the first batch so incredibly strong that I had mega jitters then an awful crash lol. It tasted funny to me, too.

We have a french press we have used a few times. Getting the taste the way I want it is difficult and not worth the mess for me personally.

The worst coffee comes from the old fashioned percolators, but I'm sure most of you are too young to have endured that particular kind of nastiness. (Unless perhaps you've used a percolator designed for camp stoves.)

Local store has bulk coffee beans in stock and a grinder. One flavor I like the best is a chocolate raspberry. And I've been using an old fashioned percolator on the stove top. Bring the water to a boil, then turn it down to medium and percolate for 8 minutes. Best coffee around.

Reactions: DFT and Miss_D
I'm very picky about coffee but I have found a keurig brand I love! It's the peets coffee major dickenson blend.
It's a dark roast with very rich flavor.
Otherwise I would be back to drip or press for sure

I'm very picky about coffee but I have found a keurig brand I love! It's the peets coffee major dickenson blend.
It's a dark roast with very rich flavor.
Otherwise I would be back to drip or press for sure
I think I tried that one at some point and it wasn't right for me. But I do normally go for dark roasts, I've found light roasts taste funny to me.

TIL I like to say things taste funny.

I think I tried that one at some point and it wasn't right for me. But I do normally go for dark roasts, I've found light roasts taste funny to me.
It's a bit heavy on the bitter side, which I like but for sure not for everyone.
Everything else I've tried has been like shitty watery diner coffee, Blech!

Reactions: Nordling and Miss_D
Espresso Black and double please and thank you. If I am feeling fancy a nice twist of lemon zest is perfect. If I am feeling metro. . . I will have a quad Cappuccino with extra cinnamon. Regular coffee tastes like brewed cigarette ashes and is almost as vile as Cilantro. :wink

Reactions: Miss_D
I stopped drinking coffe for a while (tea is also a hot beverage of choice for me). But we moved house recently and I rediscovered my electric percolator. It isnt big enough to share but big enough for me to have a large mug for myself. Also helps me to resist making another pot immediately.

I too use an AeroPress but it's really only good for one, maybe two cups at a time. For a whole pot's worth, I pour over in a Chemex (they're made in Massachusetts!) or a Bodum stove top vacuum pot.

The Cona Model D is my favorite housewarming gift.

My real insanity is revealed in how I weigh the coffee, carefully heat the water to not more than 205 degrees (in a calibrated electric kettle), and brew the drug with the brewing apparatus assembled on a scale (to properly measure the weight of the water). All this manic choreography is timed to the second.

Of course the amount of coffee and the ratio of water, the grind, the water temperature, and length of the infusion are all matched to the beans and how they're roasted.

I know.

I know.

But it makes me happy.

And I make good coffee.

Moment of coffee glory. I've made coffee for this man and he said "It's good!" and shared it with others.

http://www.georgehowellcoffee.com/about-george-howell/

I really like my Aeropress, but the downside is that it's kind of an obnoxious process if you want to make a few cups for a thermos or whatever.

I've got a birthday coming up next month, and may ask for a Chemex system. I've heard good things about them. My Hario mini mill might be too small for it though. I may want to ask for a larger Hario grinder as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: galactic6
I've used regular coffeemakers, percolators, and espresso machines. Never had the chance to use a french press, but one day, maybe.

My all-time favorite coffee-maker is this one. I love not having to worry about breaking a carafe. It's got the auto-timer so it'll wake you up to fresh coffee, and it's so fucking easy to use/clean.

Question for french press owners: Does it make your coffee stronger than a normal drip machine? I like to sip my morning brew for an hour, and I'd be afraid that it would get cold during that time. Can you just add more water to it? Would you have to remake a whole press-ful?

Reactions: Nordling
Yeah, it's great for that one cuppa you need in the morning, and two is doable but that's about it.
I really like my Aeropress, but the downside is that it's kind of an obnoxious process if you want to make a few cups for a thermos or whatever.

Chemex is great but really any pour over cone can do the job. You might consider going hog wild and getting a good electric burr grinder. It takes a looooong time to hand grind 70+ grams of coffee. I have the larger Hario Skerton grinder and it really keeps my home coffee consumption down. :haha:
I've got a birthday coming up next month, and may ask for a Chemex system. I've heard good things about them. My Hario mini mill might be too small for it though. I may want to ask for a larger Hario grinder as well.

Since you'll be able to control how long the coffee is in the water, you'll easily be able to make coffee as strong as you want. You may find a french press makes a different kind of coffee. I think it makes a muddy tasting cup and most presses allow a little bit of grit to get in the drink. You might want to get a full double walled insulated one. Can be pricey but they'll keep the coffee hot and you and all your dogs combined would have trouble breaking one.

http://www.amazon.com/Frieling-Polished-Stainless-Steel-French/dp/B00009ADDS

I've used regular coffeemakers, percolators, and espresso machines. Never had the chance to use a french press, but one day, maybe.

My all-time favorite coffee-maker is this one. I love not having to worry about breaking a carafe. It's got the auto-timer so it'll wake you up to fresh coffee, and it's so fucking easy to use/clean.

Question for french press owners: Does it make your coffee stronger than a normal drip machine? I like to sip my morning brew for an hour, and I'd be afraid that it would get cold during that time. Can you just add more water to it? Would you have to remake a whole press-ful?

I'm fond of this coffee maker called the Aeropress. It's essentially a big syringe, lol, you put a little paper disk in, then coffee and hot water, stir a bit and plunge. It's about the quickest and easiest one-cup thing around that's not some kind of automatic pod machine. Cleanup is quick -- the grounds turn into kind of a puck and you just take the bottom off and plunge it right into the trash.

I'm a pretty certified coffee geek (I roast my own beans, lol) and this thing gets high marks from the nerd/snob/gourmet coffee enthusiast set, for good reason.

Also, it's cheap, maybe $30.
Aeropress is legit, good coffee for a great price.

Reactions: galactic6
French Press with bean ground in a Cuisinart burr bean grinder. Water heated to 225. makes a great cup. Best beans for the buck would be Eight O Clock Columbian.

For someone who doesn't drink coffee, this thread is a strange and bewildering place. The words being thrown around here...

Don Francisco
Hario Skerton
Pods
Keurig
Aeropress
Death Wish
Chemex
Cona Model D
Carafe

It's like a casting call for a lost episode of The Twilight Zone :p

Im a coffee whore. I have a regular pot, a french press, an espresso machine, a keurig (that I don't actually use & am getting rid of), cold brew system, my own bean grinder and a milk frother. My favorite is the cold brew (in the summer) and the espresso in the winter. I Love LOVE LOVE ethiopian yirgacheffe beans and typically only drink it with a little unsweetened rice milk. :h:

Anytime I see Turkish coffee on TV it makes me really curious what it's like.

Anyone tried it?

Status
Not open for further replies.