AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

French Press, Instant, Pods, Espresso... Coffee Talk!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer a cortadito if Im going the route of something sweet!
Oh gosh I am embarrassed to say the only time I've heard of those is from watching one of the Kardashian shows. Khloe got addicted to them. Cuban coffee, right?

Oh gosh I am embarrassed to say the only time I've heard of those is from watching one of the Kardashian shows. Khloe got addicted to them. Cuban coffee, right?

hahaha! I don't watch it but yes its cuban! Most of the time they are shots of espresso in a slightly larger shot cup, with coarse sugar and heavy cream or condensed milk. The kind I drink has condensed coconut milk and coconut sugar (cuz i don't do dairy) :) Places in Miami make the best!

I drink Cafe Du Monde coffee made with chicory. It's a New Orleans tradition and its quite yummy tho some people hate it. My grandparents are addicted and demand i send home crates of 'that coffee stuff"

we use a mr coffee for regular coffee, but often will use a french press and grind beans. Duke's dad operates a small coffee shop and has his own blend. I'm.. not willing to post details here but if any camgirls would be interested in trying it just message me. You have to like, call him and order it though LOL. He's kinda old school. And probably pay with a check in the mail, cos he doesn't do cards.

I've only had Turkish style coffee when made with a large portion of sugar and there's always some grit in there, both of which dislike. I wouldn't run away from it but I wouldn't go out of my way to get it.

Anytime I see Turkish coffee on TV it makes me really curious what it's like.

Anyone tried it?

• Helpful!
Reactions: AmberCutie
Im a coffee whore. I have a regular pot, a french press, an espresso machine, a keurig (that I don't actually use & am getting rid of), cold brew system, my own bean grinder and a milk frother. My favorite is the cold brew (in the summer) and the espresso in the winter. I Love LOVE LOVE ethiopian yirgacheffe beans and typically only drink it with a little unsweetened rice milk. :h:
Just reading that made me excited ;)

• Hugs
Reactions: Miss_D
The taste is good. Im not a fan of the loose grounds at the bottom. I prefer a cortadito if Im going the route of something sweet!
I have a freind that has been in Istanbul for the past 2 years he promised me real authentic Turkish when he gets back to the states.

If I'm in a "rush", I'll use the pour-over method with a gold-filtered drip cone. Otherwise, it's French press for me all the way. I have a small one that makes about two mugs or fills my travel mug with a top-off.

I buy coffee good enough that I can drink it black, but still put a dash of stevia and cream in it. I like Gevalia French Roast and my husband prefers the Peet's Major Dickason Blend (which I find a little bitter).

hahaha! I don't watch it but yes its cuban! Most of the time they are shots of espresso in a slightly larger shot cup, with coarse sugar and heavy cream or condensed milk. The kind I drink has condensed coconut milk and coconut sugar (cuz i don't do dairy) :) Places in Miami make the best!

That sounds AMAZING. I have some coconut cream leftover in my fridge - I'm going to make some strong coffee and experiment with that idea soon!

I'm not a coffee snob by any means and have used many different machines /processes. Currently I'm using a single pot Bunn commercial drip unit that was given to me by the coffee guy when I had a restaurant a handful of years ago. Its built like a friggin tank and will probably last another 10 years easy. I have found, at least to my taste buds, that as long as its fresh beans and the water wasn't boiling too long, its all about the same when it comes to brewing. Its the amount of coffee and the type of bean that makes the real difference. Been a participant in a couple of these auto send coffee clubs over the years. If you drink enough, Gevalia is a good one if you want to explore variety. I always grind my own bc the beans last longer [flavor wise] from my exp.. That said, the local grocery brand makes an absolutely killer 'Texas Pecan' flavor that is actually one of the less expensive brands. Yes, roasted and packaged in Texas. :happy:

Type of water also makes a HUGE difference in flavor. (i.e. hard water vs soft vs non filtered vs filtered...etc) :)
Indeed it does.... Im blessed with great water so i often forget that part. and for that matter... location also has an effect. best coffee I ever have is when I'm making it over the coals of last nights campfire with fresh Ozark springwater.

Reactions: Miss_D and Nordling
I am a coffee addict. I am a huge fan of the organic Ethiopian we have here at the salt lake roasting company.
you can make coffee in any liquid that gets hot enough. try chickaree coffee made in scalding milk ..

Reactions: Sasha Green
I used to drink all sorts and varieties over time because I actually like it's taste , even with no sugar at all ,so I kept drinking coffee until recently when I switched to chicory coffee and now just chicory. I love it. And I think I sleep better. To be honest I don't think I could handle an expresso anymore :)) I would be hyper for 2 days ! :)) I 've read the comments above regarding Turkish coffee, I believe it's like a certain oriental type of unfiltered coffee the kind they let simmer in a pot surrounded by hot sand - the heat isn't direct , but evenly dispersed in this way . They let it simmer until it gets really thick in consistency and they also add some spices that give it a specific taste.I have seen this prepared and I've tasted it an oriental coffee shop. And it's sweet ,usually. I think that's how you make Turkish coffee as well. You should try it .

I love espresso and the drinks based on it. I used to work in a coffee shop while studying, and later got myself a nice little manual espresso machine - a Gaggia Espresso Pure Nero, if there are any more espresso coffee maniacs around here who want to know.
Every morning I make myself a real cappuccino, with nice little latte art when I'm in the mood (usually just a boring leaf or heart or apple). It takes maybe 10-15 minutes of my mornings, but basically makes my day :) Oh and the smell of freshly ground coffee in the morning is worth any amount of time spent on it.
I prefer Illy coffee, but it's kind of pricey so sometimes I go with Ambassador blue medium roast, good quality vs price.

whatever you do don't put moonshine in your keurig.

There was a mistake made between teh distilled water and moonshine while I was staying with Scarlet Raven. When I asked duke why the coffee tasted like alchohol he told me it was irish coffee flavor. I kept askign how it had the burn of the alchohol but kept drinking it, like a moron.

Then i got really sleepy.. i was drunk all day. It was so bad.

Oh, coffee...I never touched the stuff until a boyfriend got me hooked on it when I was in college and now it's definitely my go-juice.

I can't seem to find a good prep method, though. Drip is okay, but I can't find a brand that really tastes good. French press never works right for me - it always comes out bitter - and K-cups taste like burnt plastic. Chickory is delicious, but for some reason it only feels right to eat it with cajun stuff.

The quest continues, I suppose...

I'm all about some drip coffee, strong n black. I flip flop roast preference, but I generally try to go with organic and fair trade stuff. Single origin is good too. Colombian beans have really been doing it for me lately. I'll have to bust out the ol French press again soon; I'm usually just in the habit of stumbling to the auto drip machine all half awake and lazy style.

Does anyone get any sort of coffee subscription? I'm super curious about trying one out, since I've gone through most of the decent grocery store stuff several times already. Blue Bottle coffee seems like they might have a good one, but I'm still looking around too. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I gave up my brew system this winter and switched over to a K-cup type system but I wanted it eco-friendly and easy to use. I eventually chose the Ekobrew with filters and the reusuable cup. The system comes with a plastic cup but the metal one is bigger and the filters are the ideal fit. The filters are easy to remove after use and give the brew system back-pressure.
ekobrew.jpg
My fav world coffee comes from Vietnam. Guatemala and Colombia are also good choices. I've been to all of those countries and enjoyed the ice coffee in Vietnam made with a french press the most. On the sidewalk sitting on a tiny red stool.
I like the re-useable K-cup because I can adjust the coffee dose, use my own and I'm not tossing plastic into the garbage.

French Press is the way to go , I like to use the loose grounds for my flowers. When it comes to coffee Brazilian shade grown organic

My favorite is a flavored latte with extra shots and extra flavor (I like my drinks really concentrated flavor wise). Vanilla is my go to, but I enjoy a lots of flavors.

At home I use a French press.

I've also found that I hate Colombian coffee. Tastes sour to me.

I lovelovelove my french press to death. I feel like it makes amazing coffee! I usually get the lighter bean blends though because ,like , more caffeine but also I can easily drink it black!

Guess I should have visited this thread earlier, as I know a bit about coffee. In 1993 I opened up my first cappuccino cart in the local convention center, I've since left that side of the business, but at last check we had up to 13 carts in that convention center, as needed. It's been about a decade since I've been involved with the coffee aspect of the business, but I'd be more than willing to answer any questions I can. Unfortunately now I can only drink one coffee a day, at my hayday while I was working the carts I was drinking between 15 and 30 shots of espresso a day, I don't recommend that, it does horrible long term things to your stomach. It is however the greatest diet program ever!

Funny story, so a couple of years ago I flew down to the Boquete region of Panama to look at purchasing a coffee plantation for our company. Their regular beans were fantastic,among some of the best coffee I'd ever had, but they were touting this new Geisha coffee that they were selling for close to sixty dollars a pound, which is far higher than anything not shit out by some weird Nepalese version of a chupacabra. So I finally get down there and try this amazing Geisha coffee, and it tastes just like lemon tea. Turns out Chinese and Japanese business men who wanted to fit into American business tropes, but hated coffee, would pay just about anything to do so. Long story longer, we didn't end up purchasing the plantation as they had factored the Geisha price heavily into the deal, and as a potential fad it just wasn't fiscal.

Wow Sevrin, interesting vid! Love the "I'm taking one for the team." Goes to show, you can always learn new stuff, and a great trick if you're stuck in a cabin without a coffee maker or a starbucks nearby.

Reactions: TacoBelle
I worked as a barista in a little, Italian cafe for years when I was in high school, and I have been addicted to the stuff ever since. Not just the flavour or the caffeine, but also the act of preparing the coffee itself. The owner of the cafe was an absolute artist and would collect all of these incredible gadgets and gizmos for preparing coffee (he had a few different kinds of lever expresso machines, siphon and vacuum pot brewers; you name it). It was fascinating!

I love my little Bialetti "Brikka" Stove Top Espresso Maker. Froth up a little bit of milk and you can make a decent chappuccino or macchiato.

brikka-bg.jpg

I use a Bialetti Moka Express! It looks similar to the one posted above. I also enjoy french pressed coffee.
I am not picky about my coffee beans. I will drink just about anything from Folgers Carmel Drizzle to expensive local beans. I tend to lean towards 'espresso blends'. Dark, medium, or light, i do not discriminate, I LOVE coffee :haha:. I cut back to only drinking it about 2-3 times a week though for health reasons :(
My partner was a cold coffee only drinker, but i've since turned him to the dark side of hot! Sometimes I add hot almond milk to my cup, but i really enjoy my coffee black, or fresh espresso with a nice foam on top :)

I need coffee before I go on cam, I've pretty much needed it for any job I've had working with the public, lol. I'm the only coffee drinker in my house so I feel like a french press makes the most sense. I found this beautiful and high quality one at a second hand store and it's absolutely my fave, it's made to make four cups, but I just fill it half way. I miss they days when I had friends working at Starbucks and I could cop a free bag of Cafe Verona whenever I needed it. I also have a cute moka pot and a milk frother so I can make cappuccinos!

My dream kitchen has a proper Italian espresso machine with a steamer arm. Someday! Someday...

My dream kitchen has a proper Italian espresso machine with a steamer arm. Someday! Someday...

I saw one for sale in the business section of my local craigslist long ago and I was so tempted!

I just got one a bit ago! I can easily say BEST DECISION OF MY LIFFFEEEEEE.... its a Gaggia and Im in love with it. I have a hard time drinking coffee/latte's/americano's outside of my house now cuz everything tastes like mucky water lol

Coffee party at my house. Bring your own beans... :rock::rock:

Reactions: AutumnDayKink
Status
Not open for further replies.