AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Getting jipped makes me skeptical

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2017
Are there certain red flags one should worry about in regards to flashes and Skypes?

For example, I know that the basic rate for a Skype show is 200 tks per 10 minutes, but lately tipping that usually leaves me hanging, with the model either not acknowledging that I tipped, or muting my PMs, or simply blocking me.

Since tips are considered gifts on MFC, there really is no way to report models for being sketchy like that, right?

Am I just finding a few bad apples or is tipping for Skypes no longer a good idea. It's starting to make me not want to go on anymore...

Even private shows can end up bad, where the model will simply just sit there or sometimes leave the camera view, and come back with a few seconds remaining, never replying to PMs and banning me from the room. I wonder if it's to deter people from putting them. on blast in the room.

So, is there a way to report models like this?

I know that the basic rate for a Skype show is 200 tks per 10 minutes, but lately tipping that usually leaves me hanging, with the model either not acknowledging that I tipped, or muting my PMs, or simply blocking me.
Couple questions about this: 1. you're not assuming that majority of models accept the same rate for Skype, right? I have never seen any "basic rate" adhered to. You'd want to ask the model her rates, if she's accepting tips for Skype right now, and/or read details about her Skype offerings on her profile. 2. are you just dropping a 200 token tip and expecting her to arrange your skype show? If someone dropped me a tip with no note or prior discussion, I'd think it was just because they're enjoying my show and I'd probably send them a video.

There is no "basic rate" for Skypes. Each model prices her time differently. That seems way low in my opinion and I would be very skeptical about something that cheap.

You should definitely build some kind of rapport with a model before tipping for something off mfc like that.

For privates, why on earth would you stay the whole time if a model simply vanished out of view and stopped responding to you? Perhaps maybe work on some communication skills. And look to pay more than 200 tokens for anything Skype/Private worth your time and definitely theirs.

Reactions: swagger
Are there certain red flags one should worry about in regards to flashes and Skypes?
Not trying to be funny here, dead serious.

Advertising 10 minute Skypes for 200 tokens is probably the biggest red flag there is.

edit: Not saying anyone who does it is a scammer. I have tipped 200/10 min before, but that was just to see if she would rip me off before I risked tipping for an hour.

Maybe it would help to show more than 200 tokens if you do that, might be less likely to give you the boot if she thinks there is more to be gained.

Last edited:
Why don't you just use sites made for Skype shows? Like CamModelDirectory or SkyPrivate?

If the model doesn't do your show you report her to the site. Simple.

Pay tokens on MFC for MFC-based privates.
Pay per minute on SM for SM-based privates.
Pay tokens on Chaturbate for CB-based privates.

The system takes care of itself when you actually use sites the way they are intended.

Why don't you just use sites made for Skype shows? Like CamModelDirectory or SkyPrivate?

Pay tokens on MFC for MFC-based privates.
Pay per minute on SM for SM-based privates.
Pay tokens on Chaturbate for CB-based privates.

The system takes care of itself when you actually use sites the way they are intended.
Think those are ok as suggestions, don't get me wrong; but considering how many models sell skype, vids, pictures, etc... off mfc, I don't think it's really fair to suggest OP is not using the site the way it is intended.

Think those are ok as suggestions, don't get me wrong; but considering how many models sell skype, vids, pictures, etc... off mfc, I don't think it's really fair to suggest OP is not using the site the way it is intended.

I think if OP keeps getting jipped for wanting skype shows, he should at least try skype listing sites. I think that is a fair solution. You may notice some of your favorite models from mfc on there too.

OP, f a model doesn't reach her end of the agreement, totally report her to the site. http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Contact_Support. Don't let shady models take advantage of you!

This post made me laugh hahah just because I do the 200 for 10 minutes lol but are you telling her want you want ? Making it clear what you want ?

I usually do ask what their rates are and honestly I didn't even know that there were Skype only sites. What I do is I talk for a while and try to get a feel of how they are. But sometimes a gut feeling says "scam" but I give the benefit of the doubt.

I'll definitely look into these Skype sites though.

Wow op, total microaggression towards the Romani people bro. I'll have you know that scamming people is a big part of the culture and we need to respect that. Kidding obviously but I've recently seen people take offense to the word jipped. Had no clue some found it to be racist.

Reactions: uncoveredmanhole
Just want to second Amber, it kind of sounds like you're going into a room and tipping 200 tokens expecting a Skype...? Please correct me if that's a misunderstanding.
As a rule you should never tip for a skype show without organising it with the model first. I no longer offer Skype full stop for this reason because I had members tipping me random amounts and then expecting it to go towards skype shows, which of course put pressure on me to perform and completely ruined the experience. I had that happen once after I'd decided not to sell any more Skypes because I didn't feel comfortable in them the way I felt in private shows. The whole experience of then being pressured into doing it without me having consented previously left a bad taste in my mouth.

200 tokens is especially such a small amount that I wouldn't think many models would even acknowledge that you had a Skype in mind. As @justjoinedtopost said, such a low price is a pretty big warning sign alone. I know some girls use skype as a way to sell much cheaper shows, but really is it worth it if you're getting scammed so often and losing out on tokens? Surely go with models who are charging more realistic prices and not the "too good to be true" pricing if you don't want to be scammed.

Wow op, total microaggression towards the Romani people bro. I'll have you know that scamming people is a big part of the culture and we need to respect that. Kidding obviously but I've recently seen people take offense to the word jipped. Had no clue some found it to be racist.

Well, it is derivative of the word "gypsie", so it does have its roots in racism. Reminds me of a cartoon from Toy Division, one of my favorite comics of all time.

20050629.gif

I usually do ask what their rates are and honestly I didn't even know that there were Skype only sites. What I do is I talk for a while and try to get a feel of how they are. But sometimes a gut feeling says "scam" but I give the benefit of the doubt.

I'll definitely look into these Skype sites though.
A heads up about Skyprivate.

They had this thing (optional) called the Skype plugin the models could use, would deduct your credits by the minute. Would charge you like a private on the sites instead of paying up front. I know it was shaving time off. This was like a year+ ago, not sure about now.

Not a lot of time, but if you are only going skype for 10 minutes, it might still leave a bad taste in your mouth. Nowhere near as bad as getting ripped off completely, but still...

OP, f a model doesn't reach her end of the agreement, totally report her to the site. http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Contact_Support. Don't let shady models take advantage of you!
I have heard one time where someone claimed they had gotten a refund for a Skype ban scam. Then I have heard a whole bunch claim MFC does nothing. Do they, or don't they take any action?
I would definitely report it either way if it was me, I am just curious I guess.
But sometimes a gut feeling says "scam" but I give the benefit of the doubt.
ef3b5f83.gif

Firstly and unrelated....don't associate Romani people with gypsies, linking them will offend far more than using the word 'gypped/ jipped'.

To answer the OPs question the first red flag should be any first time tip...for anything. Tip for something, if you get it then you may trust the model that one step further; tip for something more substantial.
Good profile comments, popularity, following through on her word, and others buying the same deal are all things that may reduce the risk of buyers regret from unrewarded tips.

Spend for long enough on models and your instinct will soon filter out most scammers, not every time, but most times. As awareness of the risk gets better over time, this will also ease the anger/ guilt/ upset at being ripped off when you misread someone. Be a bit more skeptical, but not disheartened, you will learn better choices.
Taking calculated risks can actually be quite rewarding, a first time Skype is like a date. My guess is you are going on way too many blind dates, next time try asking someone out instead where they feel more obliged to show up.

I have heard one time where someone claimed they had gotten a refund for a Skype ban scam. Then I have heard a whole bunch claim MFC does nothing. Do they, or don't they take any action?
I would definitely report it either way if it was me, I am just curious I guess.

ef3b5f83.gif

I know a few years ago they banned a model off of the site entirely because this was her MO. She would take tips for cheap skypes/videos and then immediately ban the member. It's literally the only thing she did I'm pretty sure.
Afterwards they put a warning on the model dashboard about how they would take action if models were caught scamming members.

I'm sure they have a TON of bullshit and false claims to filter through though, so it's not surprising that things don't always work out for everyone.

Gosh I have wasted years not scamming people. What was I thinking?!? -.-

Never too late to start! Have you at least been using newspaper instead of toilet paper and fucking up the plumbing everywhere you roam? All out of gypsy stereotypes to poke fun at now.

Firstly and unrelated....don't associate Romani people with gypsies, linking them will offend far more than using the word 'gypped/ jipped'.

News to me, thanks.

What?

I thought the Romani were 'the gypsies'. Is it just the word 'gypsy' is a slur to them, or are there 2 separate groups here?

What?

I thought the Romani were 'the gypsies'. Is it just the word 'gypsy' is a slur to them, or are there 2 separate groups here?

Two different races and cultures... Romanians are European and originally of that land, the gypsies migrated over (a long long time ago) and are traditionally a travelling culture. The name is similar (apparently) as an attempt to integrate into the society. I may be wrong on this but this is as far as I know. So yes I could see that assuming that all Romanians are gypsies could be seen as offensive, especially as in Europe gypsies are known for being involved in crime. If you type in a google search you'll see more about it.

Reactions: Ambers Troll
Two different races and cultures... Romanians are European and originally of that land, the gypsies migrated over (a long long time ago) and are traditionally a travelling culture. The name is similar (apparently) as an attempt to integrate into the society. I may be wrong on this but this is as far as I know. So yes I could see that assuming that all Romanians are gypsies could be seen as offensive, especially as in Europe gypsies are known for being involved in crime. If you type in a google search you'll see more about it.
No, Romani and Romanians are two different names.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people
For some reason I thought I'd seen someone mention something about it being Romanians. Then again, if you're Romani you're not necessarily a scammer/thief, so I guess using "jipped" is an implication people of that culture are going to steal from you.
I remember watching a tv show where someone casually said a woman looked like a gypsy because she wore hoop earrings (clearly meaning it as a bad thing), and she said that she was descended from gypsies. I think she took it pretty well, but I guess it's how you use a word that makes it insulting.

For some reason I thought I'd seen someone mention something about it being Romanians. Then again, if you're Romani you're not necessarily a scammer/thief, so I guess using "jipped" is an implication people of that culture are going to steal from you.
I remember watching a tv show where someone casually said a woman looked like a gypsy because she wore hoop earrings (clearly meaning it as a bad thing), and she said that she was descended from gypsies. I think she took it pretty well, but I guess it's how you use a word that makes it insulting.
Hmm. We had some Romani in our town for a spell, I always called em the fortune tellers. Not out of meanness, mind you, but because that is what ours did.

Definitely don't confuse those two. They are completely different.

What?
Was referring to the word gypsy, even though it still tends to be an accurate description for most Romani.

• Helpful!
Reactions: justjoinedtopost
I can't imagine many models not doing a PM follow up if you leave a tip note, even if you make the tip note or tip itself not public.

ef3b5f83.gif

I have my doubts about them issuing full refunds for anything off-site.
I've only ever gotten a partial token refund from MFC, and this was for a model who did nothing more in private than dance around in her underwear after agreeing to full nudity beforehand. (MFC claimed I should have ended the show sooner. Yeah, because everyone should be naked 100 tokens or so into the show, right? Ha.)
MFC had PM logs and a recording of the show, and still didn't credit me my full token amount. They'd have even less to work with for something that may or may not have happened on a site outside of their own.

• Helpful!
Reactions: justjoinedtopost
Status
Not open for further replies.