AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Which site did you start out the most successfully with?

• MFC

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Streamate

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Chaturbate

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Flirt4Free

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

honey_witchie

Inactive Cam Model
Oct 21, 2017
Twitter Username
@honeywitch_xx
MFC Username
honey_witch
Streamate Username
honeywitch
hi I’m fairly new to camming

1. I’ve mostly been at MFC. I dance, I try to keep up conversation, I promote oil shows and all sorts of games and shows & have a tip menu on my whiteboard, but I’m having trouble getting paying customers in my room. Occasionally I’ll have a good few hours where I get group shows and privates but a lot of the time it’s people lurking & messaging and not tipping. There have been a few times where I get nice, funny joking guys in my room and having a good group that tips is always awesome but how do I keep up the traffic to my room? How can I get more people to come and watch and tip? I’m not model verified yet unfortunately because I actually just had to go away to a foreign country for a month so that kinda interrupted things /: how do you attract people to your room over others? Are there specific days & times that would be better?

2.Also I was thinking of joking Flirt4Free or chaturbate, things did not work so well with Streamate honestly. Does anyone work there and what can you say about it?

3.Lastly, I stream from my MacBook Pro OSX 10.12.4 and I recently bought a Logitech C270 webcam and installed it. However manycams, smbroadcast, and neither MFC or SM recognize it at all. Anyone have tips on using a usb webcam like this on a Mac?? People have messaged me before with answer but nothing has worked!

Sorry for so many questions! I know there’s a lot of threads already!

There's really no easy answer to your traffic question. A number of models have created threads talking about this, so can really only say to do some searching and reading here. Cam rooms have been kind of odd over the past few months, in that it seems difficlt with traffic and active tippers.

As for your webcam, there's a Logitech cam thread on the forum that goes over pretty much everything. Might take some reading to get your answer. But, I'd bet it's in there.

• Helpful!
Reactions: honey_witchie
get a prize wheel, big deck of cards, some kind of game that is physically eye catching as opposed to a basic pair of dice or just typed out game rules. like this

https://www.amazon.com/Disk-Drop-Ga...&qid=1513452880&sr=8-9&keywords=carnival+game

also i've noticed that starting the night off with a super cheap offer really helps for me. the other day i tried doing 1 token per spank and it brought a lot of people in who actually had tokens and lots of them tipped for other things or took me private. obviously you won't make much from doing stuff for cheap in itself but it helps w traffic and keeping the room lively. people like getting good deals, even people who don't need them. i feel like it has to be something fun though not just "tip 1 if you think i'm hot". you can take the cheap thing off the menu as soon as you get some people in and tipping.

Sometimes not even 1 token they tip! But the spank thing sure is helpful!! Much better than send a kiss for 1 token. Always make some remarks during conversations about tipping so they won’t forget about it. It works for me some times :)

Reactions: honey_witchie
So without writing a novel about my entire cam journey, I'll say MFC is where I had my initial boom of success, but once I lost my new tag traffic and money dropped significantly. I tried streamate and thought it was the worst thing in the world, turns out I just didn't know how the site worked. After researching and figuring things out (bless the models who still to this day help me figure out stuff on SM) it was my most successful site, I earned way more than I did on MFC and income was more consistent.

There's tons of advice for bringing in traffic on MFC all over ACF and it's been a while since I've been on MFC, but I'd suggest surprising up your profile a little bit and start making videos! A good little thing I did and a lot of models did was make a few videos, put them up for sale then have a new tipper incentive like "first-time tipper of any amount gets a video" and that video could be just a simple 3 min video, but you'd be surprised how many customers come back for more full-priced videos after a cheapy or 2. They say the hardest part is getting that first tip. Put a tip menu in your room topic along with keywords people would be searching for, it also helps to have an expanded tip menu on your profile. Also you use geoblock, idk how many places you're blocking but this could be hurting your traffic.

Setting up SM is a whole other game, their ranking is very different (but IMO better) than MFC. You have to have good streaming stats, so hardwire your internet, upgrade to a 1080p webcam, and make sure everything is working properly every time you log on. My "aha" moment is when I realized you probably shouldn't try SM over WiFi and once I figured out how to use encoders I was set. Including keywords in your show description, making sure you're in the right categories, and getting tags are all very important in setting up SM.

I don't know what the deal with your webcam is, I use a mac and never had to install drivers for a Logitech camera, if you can afford it invest in the Logitech c920, it's been my old faithful on my mac for years you just plug it in and it works. I had issues using manycam on a mac though (years ago) so maybe uninstall manycam and see if that helps?

• Helpful!
Reactions: H0twife420
Status
Not open for further replies.