AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Guy Was VERY Insistent to Be Our ONLY Mod... Suspicious?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! So my wife and I did our first show last night on CB (ali_alex). The most views we had at once was 35, but suddenly at the end of our show, some guy showed up and immediately insisted that he should be our mod.

I accepted that, for now, but I'm trying to understand what he'd get out of this. He asked if we were new, then he told me to promise that he'll be our ONLY mod and said he wants to help us succeed. He helped me set up a Keno game and told me to charge for pm's, which makes sense... He seemed somewhat nice, but also very demanding. I can't help but to be suspicious.

Why would someone be so insistent like that? Does anyone have any idea? Is he trying to take advantage of us somehow?

I haven't read this thread yet, so probably these points are already made, but here is my perspective on this:

1) Being a mod is an act of trust from the model to the moderator. Trust should never be given for free. Trust is something that should always be earned. Therefore I think being a mod is something that should happen after many weeks or months of interacting, where the mod has shown good judgment, selfless giving of good advice, and most importantly has been free and clear of bizarre requests and interactions.

2) I think mods should only be people who tip you, and definitely I would never let a grey user be a mod. I don't want to be ruthless, but if someone is so unsuccessful in life that they cannot afford to spend at least $20/week on a webcam site, then why are you letting them guide your financial outcomes?

3) I find many people who ask for mod permission early on end up being bizarre individuals who are sociopathic. My favorite model made some random dude a mod and at some point took his mod permissions away. He then went over to another website where she broadcasts, created a username that was identical to mine, and tried to convince her that his mod handle on CB was actually an alternate username for me on CB. Where do these morons come from? She sent me a PM to confirm the details. I told her it was a scam. She banned him everywhere. I remember another model where the first time I entered her room she put me into PM and started flirting. Her "mod" got jealous and sent me some bizarre PMs that I ignored. He then silenced me, even though I was the only tipper in her room and every remark I made was 100% polite. She realized what was going on and silenced him as well, but that ruined our time together. She lacked the experience on the site to figure out how to unsilence me.

4) The other aspect to this is I find many people who desire mod capability to be complete control freaks. Being "god" in the room is just that person's way of acting out his pathology. He tries to control the girl's decisions, and he tries to bully and control members in the room. There was a very beautiful girl from Romania I enjoyed watching, and her mod completely destroyed her room. He had such a long list of completely stupid and pointless rules. Really the only point to his rules was to give him the constant opportunity to beat his chest and intimidate people. Within three sessions in his room, I completely hated this model. I will never go back there again. I am here to have a good time and real conversations with real people. I am not here to be made to walk some thin line that some control freak puts up because he has a pathetic need to dominate people.

A good mod sits in the background and gets rid of spammers, people who are violent, etc. He should spend time understanding the model's preferences, and when she wants to have a silence take place and what she personally is willing to tolerate. If he is doing his job well, we should barely know he is in the room doing his job. He should be like a Ninja, allowing the model's voice, personality, and performance to shine. He should never be a chest-thumper who becomes the center of attention in the room. And he should also not be the person who sends out lots of threatening PMs to people for minor perceived infractions. I also do not think the mod should be the one advertising the model and asking for Follows, etc. All of that activity is better done by automated notifiers in the model's account.

Personally, I dislike mods. As good as some of them can be they will never be inside your head, cannot read your mind, so they have to depend on a set of specific rules and I play everything by ear, this sometimes results in mods silencing people I didn't want them to silence. The classic example is the useful troll. Sometimes a troll can be used for something positive, for example.. you can use a troll for entertainment if the room is quiet... by sparring with him for a few sentences and banning him after you give everyone a chuckle. Not if your mod silences him first. A troll can be used to put a head on a pike, if something a troll says can be used to make a point for the entire room to learn a valuable lesson I will respond to the troll and only silence him after. If my mod silences him quickly though, all the troll's messages are gone before anyone can read them. Etc.

A troll can also sometimes be just a source of pure fun for the room without banning him. In one room I was in this grey very politely kept joking and asking for a specific sex performance. He was obsessed and would not shut up. Other users started to spar with him about it, and it actually became a fun conversation on its own. I had been showing the model how to use CrazyTicket and then training her to use it in the CB testbed, so I messaged her that we should do a CrazyTicket show specifically for this sexual performance. I would pay most of the show up front in one bid, but then she could make ticket price 10 tokens so anyone who had any level of tokens would be able to come into the show. That would leave the grey in public chat with exactly what he had asked for being done in a CrazyTicket show. Cruel, but I think she picked up about six hardcore followers from the fun that was had with that.

And I would say your other points are spot on. But - assuming a model did want a mod - the reasons you list are why I think a model needs to have a relationship of trust with anyone she gives mod permissions to. And part of establishing trust is having a clear sense that the mod understands her choices, her personal taste about what is allowed, etc. If he makes a mistake, he needs to be the person who actually shuts up and *listens* to her instructions so the mistake does not happen again. People who can operate as ninja mods and actually be effective in implementing the model's rules and framework are relatively rare individuals. They need to be smart (enough), empathetic, and relatively modest in their own needs for attention.

Reactions: Osyrus and JyJy
Didn't read the entire, so forgive me if this is redundant.

If someone is pressuring you to be your mod, eject immediately. Personally, I don't want that kind of pressure on me. I go to camsites to relax/have fun. Not there to work. And I've been asked to mod.

I hate mods. I am perma banned from a room because of mod. My offense? I asked a question. Mod answered. I replied that the question was for the model. Boom. Banned. Her loss, not mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.