AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Halp! Transferring money internationally? Payoneer?? Other options?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseBangs

Cam Model
Apr 25, 2015
Canada
allmylinks.com
Twitter Username
@Jesse_Bangs
MFC Username
jessebangs_
Streamate Username
jesse_bangs
Chaturbate Username
jessebangs
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/12/jessebangs/
So I have a reg who is tryin to help me buy a new gaming laptop so I can stream in higher quality as well as play games while streaming.
Aaaanyways, we tried giftrocket but I made the mistake of using my email associated with my twitter so I'm sure they did a quick google search and shut that down. Paypal has also come to mind but they are not an option for me and I've heard some awful stories about them just keeping money if its associated with SW.
I'm looking for another viable way for him to send the money to me in a way that I can deposit it into my bank account.
I'm just looking for something that isn't insanely pricey and is anonymous for me, he is not concerned with his anonymity.
I am in canada, he is in the states.
Is payoneer a viable option? If I sign up with my real name on there will he see it when he transfers me?
What payment platforms have you/do you use and what have your experiences been like?

Payoneer used to work for this sort of thing, you could just go to their "load" page and send cash but it stopped letting me do this some while back - would love to know why, seemed so easy as a lot of models get their earnings via payoneer anyway.

For the girl I have a private arrangement with Western Union seems to be the only sensible way at the moment, rates aren't terrible and it's pretty easy. Should say I send money to a bank account which I guess would be a non starter for most but I think you can also send it so the recipient can pick it up in person - not tried that.

Edit: Dont think that is going to be anonymous thinking about it. PP if you trust the guy enough not to cancel?

• Helpful!
Reactions: JesseBangs
Can you buy the laptop on Amazon? If so, he can send you an amazon.ca gift card.

Another option is IndieBill - they payout twice a month via wire transfer. You get 85% of tributes.

Kinkbomb offers 90% on tributes (you have to email them though). They payout monthly, and it's by check, so you would have to wait awhile to get paid.

Anything that isn't an adult site is risky because most of them ban SW accounts, or reveal your information.

Only other option would be to look into Bitcoin - but that can be confusing.

Thanks everyone! This has been really confusing to try to figure out
Its a custom built gaming laptop from a company in the states, wish it were an amazon ting would make it 100x easier~

I was also going to mention indie bill like @Keziah did.

There are really not many options for safe anonymous personal payments to Canada from the US for sex workers and its unfortunate.

I wouldn't risk using PayPal. They shut down my account that wasn't even linked to sex work and I had only ever been used for shopping online when I was younger and didn't have a credit card. Never received money from anyone on the account. Still got suspended.

I'm confused why giftrocket shut you down? They just added extra fees onto mine for being a sexworker...

I understood that charging sw's more was their standard, which makes them a little bit better than other options like PayPal or Google Wallet, who just shut us down.

I'm confused why giftrocket shut you down? They just added extra fees onto mine for being a sexworker...

Really? :eek:
So they only spoke to him maybe it had nothing to do with me then! I had just heard many times that sws get shut down by them so I assumed oopz.
They sent him a message saying their security team wouldnt authorize the payment. He said he had asked them why and they wouldnt give an explanation and I received a message saying the monies were cancelled. Its quite a large amount so maybe they flagged it for that reason? He's not paying me for any services, he's just donating so I can get closer to streaming on twitch :/

Maybe I'll ask him to speak with them further, thenks for the info man!

I understood that charging sw's more was their standard, which makes them a little bit better than other options like PayPal or Google Wallet, who just shut us down.

Did you guys just contact them directly to set this up?

Oh! I think I heard of someone buying the VISA giftcard, then just sending a picture of the number/info to the model to use it.
Amazon.com sells VISA giftcards, maybe amazon.ca too, then you can put it on your wishlist.
Depending on what country the member is in a prepaid giftcard could also work, if it can be used internationally.

• Helpful!
Amazon.com sells VISA giftcards, maybe amazon.ca too, then you can put it on your wishlist.
Depending on what country the member is in a prepaid giftcard could also work, if it can be used internationally.

No gift cards on amazon.ca unfortunately. Not for VISA and not for pretty much any company (besides Amazon). Amazon Canada is seriously lacking.

Did you guys just contact them directly to set this up?
Honestly, no. I set it up, and then about a year later one of my members that regularly sent $$ with GR grumped about higher fees. I contacted them to ask them and they said "certain types of users" were given higher fees... and they reminded me it was not a payment processor and was only to be used for gifts

this is the first time i've heard of someone being actually banned for legal sex work. I'm curious if they're changing their very vague policy...

Hi Jesse, I wouldn't recommend Payoneer for a personal transfer like a gift from a fan.
Maybe your fan can buy the product and send it to an address which doesn't disclose your personal details, or home address?
Let me know if that helps :)

So I have a reg who is tryin to help me buy a new gaming laptop so I can stream in higher quality as well as play games while streaming.
Aaaanyways, we tried giftrocket but I made the mistake of using my email associated with my twitter so I'm sure they did a quick google search and shut that down. Paypal has also come to mind but they are not an option for me and I've heard some awful stories about them just keeping money if its associated with SW.
I'm looking for another viable way for him to send the money to me in a way that I can deposit it into my bank account.
I'm just looking for something that isn't insanely pricey and is anonymous for me, he is not concerned with his anonymity.
I am in canada, he is in the states.
Is payoneer a viable option? If I sign up with my real name on there will he see it when he transfers me?
What payment platforms have you/do you use and what have your experiences been like?

Setup an indiebill account. It can connect to your payoneer card. They only take 15% so it's comparable to the fees of a Western Union transfer of that size.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Setup an indiebill account. It can connect to your payoneer card. They only take 15% so it's comparable to the fees of a Western Union transfer of that size.
Technically, it's Firstchoice Pay with Indiebill (I know this because I assisted them to become official with us about a year ago).
I would check Indiebill's terms and conditions to see how this is made exactly, because there's a difference between receiving funds for a product, or a service, or content, to personal donations, merchant wise speaking of course.
In addition, wire transfers expose your personal details to the sender in most cases, which could be a slight problem. Okay; my post is too long already...

• Helpful!
You could use Erotifix (it's from one of the creators of Pervout Pay, he recently bought out the company). They are now allowing international customers, have 85% payouts, and they payout once per week. Customers can pay you up to 2 times per day with a $500 transaction limit each time ($495 +$5 transaction fee).

Here's my referral link if you're interested: www.Erotifix.com/?referrer=KylieJacobs

What about venmo or google wallet?

Not available in Canada unfortunately. I so wish it was though.

And both technically don't allow use for adult services. I've heard of several girls getting their Google Wallet shut down, nothing on Venmo but I don't think it's as popular.

I used to use MoneyGram, but now I use TransferWise. The TW phone app is very easy, but it takes longer to transfer the money than MG, which was almost instantaneous. I had to use cash, however, and take it to a storefront, which is a pain in the ass. You can use them anonymously. You need to use real names for both. TW needs street addresses, phone numbers and bank account numbers.

Hi Jesse, I wouldn't recommend Payoneer for a personal transfer like a gift from a fan.
Maybe your fan can buy the product and send it to an address which doesn't disclose your personal details, or home address?
Let me know if that helps :)
My fan is donating towards part of the total cost of a the laptop so this wont work thanks for the idea though~

Honestly, no. I set it up, and then about a year later one of my members that regularly sent $$ with GR grumped about higher fees. I contacted them to ask them and they said "certain types of users" were given higher fees... and they reminded me it was not a payment processor and was only to be used for gifts

this is the first time i've heard of someone being actually banned for legal sex work. I'm curious if they're changing their very vague policy...

I have a feeling maybe its something that I can work out with them if youre able to have a working relationship with them like this! Hopeful. Im going to contact them and try to work it out.

They didnt ban me, just cancelled the payment, so maybe its somethin else!

I have a feeling maybe its something that I can work out with them if youre able to have a working relationship with them like this! Hopeful. Im going to contact them and try to work it out.

They didnt ban me, just cancelled the payment, so maybe its somethin else!

Now i've had payments cancelled due to fraud alerts etc. Try sending yourself a $5 gift card or something (ask a friend to test it?) and see if it still works.I wouldn't alert them that you're a sexworker. At best they'll slap you with higher fees

Giftrocket canceled on me when I tried to use them in the past too, with no explanation. My transaction was also interntional so I'm guessing that's the difference between them charging a higher processing fee vs cancelling altogether.

The iwantclips.com fee for the user unfortunately isn't small at all when ordering a custom clip that costs a large amount. I thought of trying this too so I checked.

Bitcoin is your best and SAFEST option so please explore that if you're at all inclined.

Blank USPS money order mailed inside a magazine to your PO box or a friend's address is another good option. Simply use the money order(s) as part of your payment since it's a US company.

Vanilla Visa gift cards are worth trying. He can load up to $500 each and you can ask the company to apply them toward your computer payment. Check with the company first to see if they're willing. Vanilla Visas can only be used in the US, but since the computer company is US based, this shouldn't be an issue. He doesn't even have to mail these obviously, just give you the card details.

Have you tried CALLING the computer company and asking if they offer gift certificates or any similar solution? They might...

Status
Not open for further replies.