AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How are myfreecams members pming me if I have it blocked?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2016
ny
Probably not a big deal at all but I was wondering if anyone else has this happen?. I get pms from some members who have visited my room that can pm me but I have my settings set to only friends can pm me. I ask because of security reasons... if a member can get through a pm block then what else?

If you have that member on your friendlist, they can still PM you. I'm guessing in this case the block is just a chatroom ban. To keep a member from messaging you, make sure that they're not on your friendlist at all, better yet put them on ignore (different from bans).

If neither of those things work, you should message support about it.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Nordling
Upvote 0
If you have that member on your friendlist, they can still PM you. I'm guessing in this case the block is just a chatroom ban. To keep a member from messaging you, make sure that they're not on your friendlist at all, better yet put them on ignore (different from bans).

If neither of those things work, you should message support about it.
Thanks! No I dont have anyone on my friends list but my boyfriend. The support doesnt seem to be very helpful they just will send me wiki info I already know. I also would like to know how secure pms are..if I decided to use the feature is there any way to track my ip or info through a pm? Does anyone know?

Upvote 0
I also would like to know how secure pms are..if I decided to use the feature is there any way to track my ip or info through a pm? Does anyone know?

No. That won't happen.

Upvote 0
Thanks! No I dont have anyone on my friends list but my boyfriend. The support doesnt seem to be very helpful they just will send me wiki info I already know. I also would like to know how secure pms are..if I decided to use the feature is there any way to track my ip or info through a pm? Does anyone know?

There are two different support lines, make sure you use the one specifically for models. They're more knowledgeable about that stuff. If they're just sending you wiki links, call them out on that. They should be helping out more than that.

If you do that though really make sure that you have added them to your ignore list first!

• Helpful!
Reactions: LexieBlair
Upvote 0
There's a glitch where sometimes randoms can send PMs, but they won't show up for you while you're online/broadcasting, they'll only show up in your archives. It always makes me chuckle when I see a random one in there cause I have NO CLUE who they are, but they act like we talk everyday. Like this:
rando.png

So it makes me wonder if they send PMs all the time and I just haven't realized that we're BFFs yet. lol

It really isn't a big deal unless they're able to PM you while you're online. But if it really bothers you, add their usernames to your ignore list. Bam. All their PMs will henceforth be invisible.

• Funny!
Reactions: ACFFAN69
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.