AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How much do you charge for custom videos?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseBangs

Cam Model
Apr 25, 2015
Canada
allmylinks.com
Twitter Username
@Jesse_Bangs
MFC Username
jessebangs_
Streamate Username
jesse_bangs
Chaturbate Username
jessebangs
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/12/jessebangs/
Hiya I was wondering how much you charge for customs!

I am brand new on CB and have had my first four rather successful shifts this week.

A lovely regular of mine has requested a custom vid, pretty tame, just dirty talk, moaning his name, and whatever else I like.

I was thinking 35-40$ for 10-15min?
Does this sound reasonable?
I was going to charge 25$ at first but found some threads where models were charging much higher.

Thanks all!

ten dollars per minute is pretty much the average going rate. I charge more depending on the context and definitely more if the site I'm using is taking a significant cut.

My customs START at $7-$5 a min depending on payment method

My exclusives START at $10-$8 a min depending on payment method

Props, a great deal of set up or clean up, specific costumes/outfits, or sentences/words/names are all things I might charge extra for, or tell them it needs to be an exclusive.

Would yal count a custom where you are using somebodys name lots an exclusive then? Cant really imagine reselling that, would you?

Thank you thank you, I was definitely going to underprice that badly.

Also, how long does it usually take to complete and send your customers?

Do you usually get payment before starting work on the video or after its done but before you send it away?

Do you usually get payment before starting work on the video or after its done but before you send it away?
Back when I was doing vanilla I was charging $10 (my cut) per minute.
Since I film a lot of clips I tell my customers it will take 2 weeks, but normally I get it done in 1 week. I ask for extra payment for rush delivery.
Depending on how personal the name thing goes I'll charge anywhere from $60 extra to use their name (if it can be re-sellable) or all the way up to my $300 exclusive rate.

I require pre-payment. I will absolutely never start filming a custom until I have my money.

Wow you guys are able to charge so much! I've just started out, this is my 3rd week, and I've only been asking for $25 (my cut) for a custom video (I don't have any premade videos so I figure I'll just resell these when the time comes). But I was thinking along the lines of 5-10 min.. anything more and it would go up of course. Do you guys think someone super new can get away with charging a higher amount or is it smarter to wait until we get more popular to up our prices?

Just seems like when I was trying to charge the prices I saw the super popular models charging... I didn't really get anywhere. I make more money asking for 10 tokens for something than 20 tokens, for example.

My prices have always been the same.. Even when I was new.. This is CUSTOM content... It takes me anywhere from 48 hours to a week depending on what they want.

$10 PER MIN SOLO // $20 per min B/G or G/G - 10 min minimum

Name used: $100 extra (if they want it used a ton needs to be an exclusive clip)

Script: $50-????? and up depending on how long there script is... I've had taboo customs that are 3 pages long of script CHARGE accordingly...

Special Effects- Depending on what they want will depend on the price

EXCLUSIVE VIDEO= $400 (NOT RESOLD)

Depending what it is I usually take less than a week.

I don't do anything without getting paid upfront.

Wow you guys are able to charge so much! I've just started out, this is my 3rd week, and I've only been asking for $25 (my cut) for a custom video (I don't have any premade videos so I figure I'll just resell these when the time comes). But I was thinking along the lines of 5-10 min.. anything more and it would go up of course. Do you guys think someone super new can get away with charging a higher amount or is it smarter to wait until we get more popular to up our prices?

Just seems like when I was trying to charge the prices I saw the super popular models charging... I didn't really get anywhere. I make more money asking for 10 tokens for something than 20 tokens, for example.

I think you can get away with charging higher on a clipsite since $10 per min is pretty much industry standard (not sure of a token site since the only time I did customs there was through raffle prizes) if you really have your heart set on doing customs. For me, any members who wanted a custom for super cheap were annoying/rude to deal with. The guys who approach me wanting to talk me down lower and end up going for the cheapest choice can end up demanding/picky/wanting the biggest bang for their buck (I.E Ride a dildo, shove fingers up your ass, cum hard and loud, ass worship, joi, show feet the whole time) lol compared to the guys who order something more expensive.

You can charge whatever you feel comfy with, just don't sell yourself short. I think its fair to say you can charge the going rate regardless of how long you have been camming.
I think the exclusive vs custom thing is super subjective. For me what it comes down to is whether or not its re-sellable. I do my best to charge as much for a custom and edit names etc out later (if possible...sometimes its just not).
To echo the other girls....I don't even put the custom on my scheduled until payment is made. I usually have my videos ready with 72hours...but I tell them a week
Also--I do give discounts for bulk orders. This might be every girls cup of tea but it does me well. I.E. I have a sweat fetish guy who buys bulk 5-10min sweat videos in packs of 10 at a time and I will usually knock off 10bucks off what the final order would normally be.
Since this has not been addressed....on MFC (and i guess this could apply to other sites) I don't let custom orders apply to current countdowns.

Would yal count a custom where you are using somebodys name lots an exclusive then? Cant really imagine reselling that, would you?

It depends. I have a few customs where I used the viewer's name, and people have purchased them from my store, where I make it clear that there's a name used in the clip. They're really common names, Charlie and Steve, so either my customers don't care, or there's enough Charlies into sniffing panties and Steves into shoes that they have an audience.

I would also charge extra because you're saying his name and that makes the video's resell value way lower. My rate for that would be ~$60.
my custom videos that I have put up for resell ( after consenting with the original buyer) are actually my top sellers.... but I was too afraid to charge more than $25....

I charge $120 for videos up to 10 minutes long, then $10 per minute for any additional minutes. I'm considering increasing my rates when I start taking custom requests in September again though.

1,000 tokens (or $100 on other platform) for a 10-minute custom video.

I think I saw a Streamate model, some years ago, state in her room topic that she was offering custom videos for $25. But if she was earning 35% on Streamate, that would only be $8.75 in her pocket...

If you're into raffles, you could also consider doing a raffle where the winner(s) gets a custom video and/or a Skype session. You hear about Skype show raffles all the time, so maybe a raffle where the winner can choose between a Skype show or a custom video. :)

im $10/min for solo content, b/g depends on content

if they want exclusivity i think i charge $500, not actually done exclusive yet.

I will say their name once and then edit it differently for resale

If a clip wont resell then I refuse it or say it has to be exclusive!

10$ per minute base rate.
Extra like name moaning complicated ideas etc would add more.

Reactions: BiancaBaker
I personally charge:
5 min-$20
10 min-$35
15 min-$45
20 min-$65
30 min-$90
60 min-$200

I think my prizes are definitely on the higher end so I rarely make sales, but I put so much work into every video that I think my prices are fair.
I don't think yours are high at all and I would definitely consider raising it.

My 10 minute custom videos start at 100$. It's a lot of work.

I personally charge:
5 min-$20
10 min-$35
15 min-$45
20 min-$65
30 min-$90
60 min-$200

I think my prizes are definitely on the higher end so I rarely make sales, but I put so much work into every video that I think my prices are fair.

I agree with a_haze. The prices you listed are actually very low, imo. Please don't let anyone convince you that your prices are "too expensive," because they are not. In fact, those are prices that many models would charge for Skype shows, I believe.

As stated above, I charge $100 or 1,000 tokens for a 10-minute custom video. When you say $20, I'm not sure if that would mean 200 tokens (guy pays $20, but it's only $10 in your pocket), or if that would mean 400 tokens ($20 in your pocket).

You are going to have guys placing orders for custom videos where you are fucking a dildo...dirty talking...moaning their name...following a script that they've got all typed out for you...etc. And probably expecting you to have it done and sent to them within a week. You will be taking time out of your day (when you're off cam) to make the customized video, and editing it. That 5-minute video may sound "easy enough" to the guy ordering it, but you will be putting in time and work to complete it.

I personally charge:
5 min-$20
10 min-$35
15 min-$45
20 min-$65
30 min-$90
60 min-$200

Agreeing with every other girl defff raise your prices!!!! I charge $100 for 10 mins and have never had an issue getting it. Yes some dude's complain but fuck them. Customs are HARD work

$10/minute, double for exclusive. I'm a non-nude/tease model so if they want nipslips then it's an extra $1000 unless they're a reg (then usually $200 or so tacked on). Anything with penetration or suggested penetration is an extra $100-$500. They have to pay for all props or whatever that I don't already own. If I find something annoying or particularly meh I'll charge whatever the fuck I want extra. XD Most of my customs are verbal humiliation or foot fetish stuff though.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I agree with a_haze. The prices you listed are actually very low, imo. Please don't let anyone convince you that your prices are "too expensive," because they are not. In fact, those are prices that many models would charge for Skype shows, I believe.

As stated above, I charge $100 or 1,000 tokens for a 10-minute custom video. When you say $20, I'm not sure if that would mean 200 tokens (guy pays $20, but it's only $10 in your pocket), or if that would mean 400 tokens ($20 in your pocket).

You are going to have guys placing orders for custom videos where you are fucking a dildo...dirty talking...moaning their name...following a script that they've got all typed out for you...etc. And probably expecting you to have it done and sent to them within a week. You will be taking time out of your day (when you're off cam) to make the customized video, and editing it. That 5-minute video may sound "easy enough" to the guy ordering it, but you will be putting in time and work to complete it.
These are my Manyvids prices so I make 60% luckily. I charge less since I can't do too much speaking (since I live with roommates). These prices are the bare minimum since extras (b/g, early delivery, exclusive, anal, etc) cost more. I would like to gradually raise my prices but since I'm not a top girl (went from MV Girl 149 to MV Girl 400+) and my profile gets minimal prices it's difficult. I want to start offering customs through MFC. The most people are usually willing to tip in one go seems to be ~30 tokens but I can certainly remain hopeful. After all, it can take years to build up a fan base. :h:

These are my Manyvids prices so I make 60% luckily. I charge less since I can't do too much speaking (since I live with roommates). These prices are the bare minimum since extras (b/g, early delivery, exclusive, anal, etc) cost more. I would like to gradually raise my prices but since I'm not a top girl (went from MV Girl 149 to MV Girl 400+) and my profile gets minimal prices it's difficult. I want to start offering customs through MFC. The most people are usually willing to tip in one go seems to be ~30 tokens but I can certainly remain hopeful. After all, it can take years to build up a fan base. :h:
Girl I'm like mv girl 2000 something this month and I just filmed a 100 dollar 10 min. It doesn't matter what your rank is etc. Customs are a lot of work and I know people who want them will pay if you raise.

10$/min is like the going rate.

Girl I'm like mv girl 2000 something this month and I just filmed a 100 dollar 10 min
Goals :h: I filmed, edited, and delivered a boy/girl vid in less than 24 hours and still only made $90 after MV took their cut :sweating: I thought I was making a ton at the time. I am so bad at pricing. It's the same on MFC. I know that a lot of my prices are low, but I gotta pay those bills

Status
Not open for further replies.