AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to stalk people on the internet

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Twitter and Facebook are a great way to stalk some one. Twitter uses GPS for location based tweets from your cell phone. Facebook does the same with messages. I was able to track my friend as they were driving and sending me messages just by that.

So lock down your facebook and twitter.

Reactions: KylieJacobs
spikyhaired said:
Springfield

I'm not sure if the town name of "Springfield" really prompted her freakout, or if you're just using that town name as an arbitrary placeholder, but if it's the real name, then she REALLY shouldn't have freaked out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springfield_(toponym)

According to the U.S. Geological Survey there are currently 34 populated places in 25 states named Springfield throughout the United States

So hearing "Springfield" on the radio doesn't really narrow down a specific location much.

I haven't made a good contribution to this thread in quite a while, so I'll just mention that to this day, the #1 way to stalk cam girls is when they leave their real names and towns on their Amazon wish list. Copy paste that name into Facebook, scan the results until you recognize either her picture or the town name, and bam, done deal. It's incredible how many girls don't

A) Hide their Amazon shipping details

and

B) Don't lock down their Facebook privacy settings.

I easily used this technique last night because I wanted to see what a certain cam model looked like before she gained baby weight. 3 seconds of searching later, and Facebook was nice enough to provide me with dozens of photos going back all the way into high school.

Attachments

• amazon_wishlist.png
    amazon_wishlist.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 683
bawksy said:
I haven't made a good contribution to this thread in quite a while, so I'll just mention that to this day, the #1 way to stalk cam girls is when they leave their real names and towns on their Amazon wish list. Copy paste that name into Facebook, scan the results until you recognize either her picture or the town name, and bam, done deal. It's incredible how many girls don't

and

I easily used this technique last night because I wanted to see what a certain cam model looked like before she gained baby weight. 3 seconds of searching later, and Facebook was nice enough to provide me with dozens of photos going back all the way into high school.

Agreed, and also, Note your username on this site and other sites that you use. It is a great way to track one person fast. and then it is a rule of what is link and how it is linked.

bawksy said:
spikyhaired said:
Springfield

I'm not sure if the town name of "Springfield" really prompted her freakout, or if you're just using that town name as an arbitrary placeholder, but if it's the real name, then she REALLY shouldn't have freaked out.

According to the U.S. Geological Survey there are currently 34 populated places in 25 states named Springfield throughout the United States

So hearing "Springfield" on the radio doesn't really narrow down a specific location much.

This is exactly why I used it. Just to make people think if it was *their* Springfield. Plus, you know, The Simpsons. :)

Reactions: LadyLuna
spikyhaired said:
bawksy said:
spikyhaired said:
Springfield

This is exactly why I used it. Just to make people think if it was *their* Springfield. Plus, you know, The Simpsons. :)

utterly random and useless bit of trivia:

back in the day GI joe was not only toys and cartoons, but comic books as well (and they dint suck at all! were pretty good for the era actually)
anyway, COBRA had outposts in almost every springfield. it was a running joke that any time you went to a springfield if you were a joe your neighbors and everyone were secret cobra agents.

see i said it was random and useless :p

bawksy said:

and

A week after i started camming i deleted my facebook. its not like i used it anyways.

I was wondering if amazon had updated their security with third party users and such? Theres now not even an option to show an address its automatically hidden. Just curious if anyone knew anything.
And, how do you suggest to solve this? any other way besides doing the egift card way?

soccercat said:
bawksy said:

and

A week after i started camming i deleted my facebook. its not like i used it anyways.

I was wondering if amazon had updated their security with third party users and such? Theres now not even an option to show an address its automatically hidden. Just curious if anyone knew anything.
And, how do you suggest to solve this? any other way besides doing the egift card way?

I live in a very very large city. For my amazon wishlist, I use an Amazon Locker that isn't near my house. Usually they are in 7/11's or grocery stores. When you receive an item, you are emailed a code that opens the locker so you can retrieve your stuff. So any friend could go get it for you., if you wanted.

This is great if you don't mind people knowing your city, but wouldn't be great for smaller towns.

CharlieSays said:
soccercat said:
bawksy said:

and

I live in a very very large city. For my amazon wishlist, I use an Amazon Locker that isn't near my house. Usually they are in 7/11's or grocery stores. When you receive an item, you are emailed a code that opens the locker so you can retrieve your stuff. So any friend could go get it for you., if you wanted.

This is great if you don't mind people knowing your city, but wouldn't be great for smaller towns.

Sadly none in my area. But what about other shipping companies. do they deliver to the locker too?

Haven't been on ACF much over the last year but I was very surprised to see this thread is still going (Or at least the same topic). All this stalker talk got me wondering... Are there any known cases of a model actually being located by a member and showed up on her door step? I'm not trying to diminish the importance of a model being safe or implementing every anti-stalking counter measure known to man. Just curious to learn if anyone knows of any cases where an MFC model had her doorbell ring and a wacko member holding flowers and candy was on the other side.

bodisha said:
Haven't been on ACF much over the last year but I was very surprised to see this thread is still going (Or at least the same topic). All this stalker talk got me wondering... Are there any known cases of a model actually being located by a member and showed up on her door step? I'm not trying to diminish the importance of a model being safe or implementing every anti-stalking counter measure known to man. Just curious to learn if anyone knows of any cases where an MFC model had her doorbell ring and a wacko member holding flowers and candy was on the other side.

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14214

JerryBoBerry said:
bodisha said:

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14214

Interesting thread but it mostly talked about cyber stalking and some sort of debate of good stalking vs bad stalking when the member is "looking out" for the model... I'm wondering if there's any known cases where some nut actually took the steps to locate a model... physically got on a plane or in a car and drove hours to where the model lived... knocked on her door saying "Hi... I'm WackoMember69 and I go into your MFC chat room and I think we're soul mates"

Yes, it has happened. Hearing the story was super scary.

I haven't been around for a while but an acquaintance wants to start camming so I went lurking here for advice threads to link to her.

Anyhow on the stalking front, since I have that bad habit like camstory, a bunch of stuff I've picked up:
  • Along with not sharing Facebook pictures, if you are also an art nude model (with MM and stuff), I would recommend not posting your artwork on your cam profile. A few months ago I was looking at a model profile, I've noticed way better than average pictures, I've googled them to find more. First hit was the model profile on a Russian portfolio website, with her full name.
    Generally speaking, the alt modelling world has a real bad track record about privacy, and some photographers are douchebags, I've seen one outing a model full name because they had a "fight" over rates (that model is also a cam model).
  • Facebook is evil and the new Facebook search even more. You can now using multiple requests at once. Following previous example, say "Woman who lives in X and who liked YPhotographer photos", because I know they have worked together. If you have a "real life" Facebook profile, you should never friend or like anyone or anything who is linked to your nude work. Even if your own profile is on complete lockdown, your friend's one might not. Like Evvie say earlier, better delete it anyway.
  • If you have a Tumblr, a lot of other Tumblrer like me are using Statcounter or Google Analytics to know who is visiting our blogs. Statcounter will display the referrer URL (the page from where you're coming) and the IP visiting the blog. If the referrer is something "http://www.tumblr.com/blog/lilyponymfc/activity", a page only accessible to the blog owner, then the IP associated is likely the model one. Solution are: block the function to send referrer url in your browser, block statcounter, google analytics…, and to be safe: always blog using your VPN.

eclipse76 said:
  • Facebook is evil and the new Facebook search even more. You can now using multiple requests at once. Following previous example, say "Woman who lives in X and who liked YPhotographer photos", because I know they have worked together. If you have a "real life" Facebook profile, you should never friend or like anyone or anything who is linked to your nude work. Even if your own profile is on complete lockdown, your friend's one might not. Like Evvie say earlier, better delete it anyway.

Yes. This. Facebook Graph Search should have been called "Facebook Stalker Utility"

Also note that it is now impossible to opt out of search results. Once upon a time there was a checkbox to do so. Then about a year ago they got rid of that checkbox, but anyone who was already opted out stayed opted out. Until a few months ago when they made it so that everyone will show up in searches no matter what. Odd that they made it impossible to opt out of searches at the exact same time that searches became more powerful.

Reactions: MayaEden
Always_Tim said:
eclipse76 said:

Yes. This. Facebook Graph Search should have been called "Facebook Stalker Utility"

Also note that it is now impossible to opt out of search results. Once upon a time there was a checkbox to do so. Then about a year ago they got rid of that checkbox, but anyone who was already opted out stayed opted out. Until a few months ago when they made it so that everyone will show up in searches no matter what. Odd that they made it impossible to opt out of searches at the exact same time that searches became more powerful.
Even disregarding my privacy re: webcamming, I'm pretty upset about this change. I have several people that I would rather not find me. I never use my real name on Facebook anyway, even with people I know IRL, so it's not that big of a worry for me, but part of me is still a little concerned about my alias being discovered.

bodisha said:
Yes, it happened to me. Several months ago someone broke into my house and waited I think for about 15 minutes before I got back home. The neighbors in the next apartment heard him break in and called the cops, but decided not to tell me to not go in because, you know. A GUY HAD FREAKIN BROKEN IN.

It was okay though. I threw a milk jug at him which confused the hell out of him and gave me enough time to grab my handgun.

I'm still going through the legal aftermath of all this. I didn't dot my I's and cross my T's for the permit so the cops were dicks about me pulling a gun on an armed man who'd broken into my home.

Norrin Yates said:
I just learned the hard way not to use a picture on my cam Twitter from my Model Mayhem page.

The implications here are that if I want photo shoot quality photos to promote my cam, I have to do a separate shoot just for that purpose.

.......shit.

Well you could change your modeling name on MM (name AND mm url) for a pseudonym which sounds like a real name, but if you have already established a network under that name, it could be detrimental to your career. Or you could use a second profile with your cam model name, and ensure that the photographers with whom you are working never list you on their portfolio/website with your real name.
The only problem is that MM lists your current city, but it is a fairly large one I think.

Can I ask a question for once? :?
When I buy something from an Amazon wishlist, do the recipient see who bought it for them?

eclipse76 said:
When I buy something from an Amazon wishlist, do the recipient see who bought it for them?

I'm not sure if you can block this, but it usually comes with an order slip that has the name and address (I kind of try to not store this info in my mind tbh, but I'm PRETTY sure it shows address) that are on the account. Usually I only know who actually sent it if they put their username in the gift note.

Reactions: eclipse76
eclipse76 said:
I'm fairly certain that when you purchase items directly from Amazon (it will say something like "offered by Amazon.com" on the item page) that it doesn't include that kind of information on the invoice. Third-party sellers tend to do their own thing so who knows with them, but if you have a wishlist you really shouldn't allow third-party purchases anyway since they may reveal your shipping address to the buyer.

Reactions: goldenaye666
Amazon sometimes puts the sender's name/address on the invoice and sometimes they don't. I've received birthday gifts from my sister and other relatives via Amazon a number of times and sometimes the sender's address is there and other times it's not. It seems to be pretty random.

Sometimes Amazon packages have a great big invoice with lots of information, and other times it's just a tiny scrap of paper without much of anything on it. I think it depends which warehouse shipped the order. Over time the smaller one with less information has become more common, though. At least for me.

I have a member that keeps telling me every day that he wants to come to my house. He has given me my town name and everything (which is on my amazon). People will find out stuff if they really want to but how do you tell them that no matter what You do not want them in your personal life. I am a fantasy, that is my job.

RoseCavilla said:
I didn't dot my I's and cross my T's for the permit so the cops were dicks about me pulling a gun on an armed man who'd broken into my home.

Based on the little information you've given, it seems like the cops don't really care that you pulled a gun given the circumstances, but rather that you were in illegal possession of a gun. Do you expect the cops to not enforce gun laws? Breaking and entering is a crime, but his crime doesn't absolve the separate crime of your illegal firearms possession.

Imagine if you're driving with a suspended drivers license, stopped at a traffic light, when some drunk asshole rear-ends you. He'll probably get arrested for DUI vehicular assault, but you're still gonna get arrested when the cops show up and find out you're ALSO committing a crime.

I hate cops too, but lets not unfairly blame them for doing their job when it sounds like you legitimately were in the wrong.

I'm pro-gun, but I'm also pro responsible gun ownership. And responsible gun ownership involves complying with with all local laws, even if you don't agree with them or find them inconvenient.

Angel_evilone said:
I have a member that keeps telling me every day that he wants to come to my house. He has given me my town name and everything (which is on my amazon). People will find out stuff if they really want to but how do you tell them that no matter what You do not want them in your personal life. I am a fantasy, that is my job.

It quite simple really, "No matter what I do not want you in my personal life. I am a fantasy, that is my job."

You didnt block this person or remove that info from your amazon list...?

Jessi said:
Angel_evilone said:

It quite simple really, "No matter what I do not want you in my personal life. I am a fantasy, that is my job."

You didnt block this person or remove that info from your amazon list...?

I have mostly every thing I can block on my Amazon blocked but it will still show enough.

Lucky for me today I just turned off my PM's and that pissed him off enough. He said he was deleting me. Who knew something so little could scare a man off....hehehe

I'm fairly new and already had a scare with this, I had done a skype show for someone which was fine and dandy... Until the next time they came on and threatened to send video of me to my facebook friends if I did not do a free show for him. I'm fairly sure that he never found me. I blocked him and his 4 accounts he harassed me on. But it's still annoying and creepy. :crybaby:

Status
Not open for further replies.