AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I feel so stupid... chaturbate scammed

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 19, 2019
Indiana, USA
Twitter Username
@KarmaKittyyy
MFC Username
KarmaKittyy
Chaturbate Username
KarmaKittyy
I know this is going to me me look really dumb but oh well I'm pissed and sad and I want to vent.

Today was my second day on CB and I got hardcore tricked. I was in pm with a viewer and he was tipping me and it was great blah blah blah and he asked about what he called a "password show". You set a password and give it to the viewer so it's just you two. I was like "Well, why not just private?" him:"Oh, I'm at work and the proxy doesn't allow private to work." Fucking red flag right there I should have know he was a scumbag. So I agree and he tips me how much 10 mins of private would be and I do my thing and he tips for more and i was so happy that I was making money and having fun.

It was all fucking fake. He was using fake tip emoticons which I didn't even know were a thing. I only noticed right at the end after I had added him on Snap and he took screen shots, which I don't allow. I deleted him and went back to CB to notice my tips weren't where they should've been. I banned him and reported the emoticons.

I'm so pissed at myself. I just can't believe that I fell for that. I didn't even know that stuff like that was possible. As soon as he said the stupid private thing I should've noped right out of there... but I didn't. I was too excited to be getting tipped. I'm trying not to beat myself up about it but I just feel so stupid. Please don't be mean, I know I fucked up.

Has this happened to anyone else? Or have you seen people try shit like this?

Something similar happened to me on MFC however the members in my room warned me against such things. I recently started on chaturbate and someone was PMing me doing the same shit. But when someone tips and you're PMing them it shows up in the main chat as well, and the tip will make a noise as well.
But, when someone was trying to trick me on Chaturbate when I hovered over the tip it said that it was an emoticon!
It's a common occurrence for sure, happens to the best of us!

I know this is going to me me look really dumb but oh well I'm pissed and sad and I want to vent.

Today was my second day on CB and I got hardcore tricked. I was in pm with a viewer and he was tipping me and it was great blah blah blah and he asked about what he called a "password show". You set a password and give it to the viewer so it's just you two. I was like "Well, why not just private?" him:"Oh, I'm at work and the proxy doesn't allow private to work." Fucking red flag right there I should have know he was a scumbag. So I agree and he tips me how much 10 mins of private would be and I do my thing and he tips for more and i was so happy that I was making money and having fun.

It was all fucking fake. He was using fake tip emoticons which I didn't even know were a thing. I only noticed right at the end after I had added him on Snap and he took screen shots, which I don't allow. I deleted him and went back to CB to notice my tips weren't where they should've been. I banned him and reported the emoticons.

I'm so pissed at myself. I just can't believe that I fell for that. I didn't even know that stuff like that was possible. As soon as he said the stupid private thing I should've noped right out of there... but I didn't. I was too excited to be getting tipped. I'm trying not to beat myself up about it but I just feel so stupid. Please don't be mean, I know I fucked up.

I know it will be difficult not to, but definitely don't be too harsh on yourself. You are new and unfortunately these pieces of scum have been doing this stuff for more than likely years (in real life and online to models). Just think of it as a learning curve, it's the only thing you can do now. I think many many models have been tricked one way or another at some point, even the experienced women who are too trusting.

Yep. Happened to me! It was during my first month of camming. I don't remember how it all went down, but I was talked into a Skype show for a lot of money and it was all a scam. Not only did this asshole get a free show, but he was.....one of those people who make your skin crawl. The whole time I kept thinking that I hoped it would be over soon.
THEN, on top of giving the dirtbag a free show, HE HACKED MY COMPUTER!
He came into my room the other day (I hadn't banned him because I couldn't remember his username and I kind of wanted to hand him his ass if he dared come back), and taunted me a little. Banned him.
You learn. There's a reason it has only happened to me once. But I know how you are feeling- I was embarrassed to tell my boyfriend what had gone down! No one likes getting taken, but we learn from it. Don't beat yourself up.

Research safe payment methods next because that's the next way they will try to get you. With chargebacks.

Aw that sucks! I've seen the fake tippers on CB, it makes me rage. One thing to look for too is that real tips have the username highlighted in yellow, along with the text that says Tipped X text. When they fake it, it's only the text that's highlighted (as far as I've seen anyway) if that makes sense?

What pisses me off is the choice to be an ***hole on his end.

Can't control how other people, only how we react to it. It's unfortunate that people do this kind of stuff.

If there's a positive, is that it happened right away and she's very aware of it so as to reduce her chances of being scammed again. As mentioned, she needs to look into payment scam methods such as fake gift cards, etc. Not to mention being aware that paypal, gpay, and other methods are not adult industry friendly.

Reactions: Capryce
You’re not stupid, you’ve just been seasoned! Something similar happened my first day too. I’m so sorry that happened to you but now you know it’ll never happen again and you’ve got it on lockdown!

I know it will be difficult not to, but definitely don't be too harsh on yourself. You are new and unfortunately these pieces of scum have been doing this stuff for more than likely years (in real life and online to models). Just think of it as a learning curve, it's the only thing you can do now. I think many many models have been tricked one way or another at some point, even the experienced women who are too trusting.

I felt really bad at first but my bf, and now everyone here, has made me feel better about it. Now I know what to look out for, I dont think I'll let that slide again.

Can't control how other people, only how we react to it. It's unfortunate that people do this kind of stuff.

If there's a positive, is that it happened right away and she's very aware of it so as to reduce her chances of being scammed again. As mentioned, she needs to look into payment scam methods such as fake gift cards, etc. Not to mention being aware that paypal, gpay, and other methods are not adult industry friendly.
I read from a few articles and forum posts on here how a lot of money services don't like sex workers. I very carefully choose my bank and I most likely won't accept anything outside of the sites I use plus gifts from my wishlist (which I know technically goes against Amazon's rules).

Reactions: Useful-Title
It happens to every camgirl/guy. It’s all so new and you’re learning how the site works and how to do things in your room. You get excited to see a tip and it does happen that jerks take advantage of all the nerves and newness. I’m not new and I still have some trying to fake a tip come in and I just laugh and call them out (usually regulars call them out as well). Trust your gut. And remember- YOU call the shots in camming. If you feel grossed out or like something isn’t what you want to do, don’t do it. There are plenty of other members who will tip for things that don’t make you feel weird.

Thanks haha Hopefully it'll only be once

Keep an eye on the token balance on the upper left corner. Don't ever take outside payment methods, only tokens. Stay away from wishlists. Do those 3 and nobody will ever scam you again.

Keep an eye on the token balance on the upper left corner. Don't ever take outside payment methods, only tokens. Stay away from wishlists. Do those 3 and nobody will ever scam you again.

I was just going to ask on if there was a token balance, or tip per member type thing and if could check that. Reason for it is that while the discussion is about this happening on CB, MFC does allow for silent tipping. Which, is what I do nearly every time. Sometimes I've had models comment on it, and have to explain that I did it silently but is still a real tip.

I was just going to ask on if there was a token balance, or tip per member type thing and if could check that. Reason for it is that while the discussion is about this happening on CB, MFC does allow for silent tipping. Which, is what I do nearly every time. Sometimes I've had models comment on it, and have to explain that I did it silently but is still a real tip.
I thought that CB had ninja tips too. I was originally on MFC and didn't realize just how different the sites are I guess.

I thought that CB had ninja tips too. I was originally on MFC and didn't realize just how different the sites are I guess.
No ninja tips on CB and tip notes are always hidden, only the model can see them. There are no friends list or PM option for members in general, only you can initiate PM unless the member becomes a CB supporter by paying $20 monthly to get PM function and then they can PM any model they want. No function like MFC Mail and no content functions worth a dime. On the plus side... apps and bots, ticket shows and password shows, perfect OBS integration and traffic

I had something very similar happen to me when I first tried out Chaturbate. It happens to all of us at some point.

No ninja tips on CB and tip notes are always hidden, only the model can see them. There are no friends list or PM option for members in general, only you can initiate PM unless the member becomes a CB supporter by paying $20 monthly to get PM function and then they can PM any model they want. No function like MFC Mail and no content functions worth a dime. On the plus side... apps and bots, ticket shows and password shows, perfect OBS integration and traffic

Don't forget they can initiate the PM also, if they have bought a fanclub membership from that specific model (this is on a per model basis though, so if User A buys the fanclub for Model X, he can PM Model X, but can not go to Model Ys room and start a PM with her).
There are a lot of different scams that guys try to do on cam models and usually you can use the whole: "if it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is". That will save you many times.
If people buy you something from your Amazon Wishlist make sure you get it first before giving them anything (a show). I think most models ask for GiftCards to avoid possible problems, right? I can't remember.

Quite a common thing too, coloured named accounts will send you a tip with a tipnote, in the note it will say someone has been copying your room or something, and then it will give you an URL to copy and paste and it will look very similar to Chaturbate, if you have this happen, don't go to the site, cos the site has been copied to look exactly like Chaturbate but obviously the thieves get hold of your account info / name and password and everything inside - But using 2 step verification is really good to help stop this or make it harder at least).

I am not a model but being on cam sites, talking to models (both privately or here), it has opened my eyes to just how horrible guys can be (also on the opposite end I have seen really great and generous guys).

Good luck though and don't let one asshole scumbag scare you away from something that can be really fun.

Perfect!
I would honestly never waste your time with guys that are grey saying "hey PM me for an offer". They are always that fake shit like above, or some other BS.
ALso this applies to light blue - as the majority of them are holding on to just 1 token to remain a colour so they can 1) Talk in all rooms that don't allow greys to talk, and 2) To make it look like they may have a bunch of tokens.

I would advise doing what a lot of models do: in your room, just to the right of where you see the User List, PM, you see a gear icon, click that and about half way down you will see "Sort Users By", set that option to "Tokens". Then you can see who has the highest amount of tokens (and if they have more/less than you at the time).

Perfect!
I would honestly never waste your time with guys that are grey saying "hey PM me for an offer". They are always that fake shit like above, or some other BS.
ALso this applies to light blue - as the majority of them are holding on to just 1 token to remain a colour so they can 1) Talk in all rooms that don't allow greys to talk, and 2) To make it look like they may have a bunch of tokens.

I would advise doing what a lot of models do: in your room, just to the right of where you see the User List, PM, you see a gear icon, click that and about half way down you will see "Sort Users By", set that option to "Tokens". Then you can see who has the highest amount of tokens (and if they have more/less than you at the time).

I am starting to notice those trends with people. I think karma (ha) was on my side though because tonight I had a majority of great people in my room and I had my best night so far! Thanks for the tips! I didn't know you could sort at all much less by token amount.

@Mila_ already covered a lot of things, and far more than I know since I rarely go to CB. But, I do recall that CB doesn't show tip notes and always shows tip amounts to the room and there's no way to make them silent. Rather, I should say that's how it was the last time I was on CB which was months ago.

Wish you all the best!

I had a dude pose as a MFC admin once, trying to pull that "come do a skype show so we can evaluate your performance" ruse. I refused because it just sort of smelled really unprofessional and if I wasn't going to offer skype shows for sale in my room, I certainly wasn't going do it for free, even if it WAS a real admin messaging me. It wasn't! It never is! I hadn't found the cam girl wiki yet but I can't say I was surprised to find fake admins there.

I know I'm late to the party but someone tried this on me when I did my very first show. I didn't fall for it because thankfully I'd already heard of this "password shows" phenomenon when I did my research. I guess he saw that I was new, and probably goes around trying to scam new models like this.

He first appeared near the very beginning of my show, and someone else (probably him with a different username, or someone "working" with him) PM'd me with "OMG! [Guy's name] is in your room! Do you know who that is?" and I obviously didn't. This person claimed that the other guy was featured in an official blog or won an award or some shit for tipping huge amounts to several models in a month.

The guy in question then tipped for a PM, so I PM'd him and he tried to get me to do a password show, but I didn't. Eventually he fucked off, at least until my moderator left the room, and later came back towards the end of my show. I tried to ignore him and focus on the room but he kept tipping for PM in the last hour / half hour of my show (these were real tips). He kept being like, "set your password NOW"... and I just didn't do it. I kind of pretended I didn't know how too. I ended up logging off five or ten minutes before I planned to end because I was getting so tired of him.

I've attached a little screenie~

Attachments

• scam lel cropped.png
    scam lel cropped.png
    136.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Wat?!
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
I know I'm late to the party but someone tried this on me when I did my very first show. I didn't fall for it because thankfully I'd already heard of this "password shows" phenomenon when I did my research. I guess he saw that I was new, and probably goes around trying to scam new models like this.

He first appeared near the very beginning of my show, and someone else (probably him with a different username, or someone "working" with him) PM'd me with "OMG! [Guy's name] is in your room! Do you know who that is?" and I obviously didn't. This person claimed that the other guy was featured in an official blog or won an award or some shit for tipping huge amounts to several models in a month.

The guy in question then tipped for a PM, so I PM'd him and he tried to get me to do a password show, but I didn't. Eventually he fucked off, at least until my moderator left the room, and later came back towards the end of my show. I tried to ignore him and focus on the room but he kept tipping for PM in the last hour / half hour of my show (these were real tips). He kept being like, "set your password NOW"... and I just didn't do it. I kind of pretended I didn't know how too. I ended up logging off five or ten minutes before I planned to end because I was getting so tired of him.

I've attached a little screenie~

Obviously the simplest way to find out how legit this is would have been to tell him to tip first and THEN you will set the password, otherwise "piss off".
Hope you reported him so he wasn't able to scam his way into shows with poor models. Granted, CB may have said that he did nothing wrong because you didn't accept the offer and then him NOT give the tokens, they could say you didn't give him chance to prove it BUT then on the other hand, by claiming he is a big tipper, they could check his history (for tipping and PMs - t see if he has done it with others).

Status
Not open for further replies.