AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is it just a bad idea to date a camboy?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2017
Since camboys have such stream of beautiful young and available women at their disposal is it just a bad idea to date one seriously ? I fell for one recently and now he's left me for a 18 year old in the same site I met him, I didn't even feel that bad about it because men working in the sex field could be more promiscuous that one who is not? I would be kidding myself to think he is interacting, watching and chatting women of all colors, sizes and personalities DAILY who also want his ass in their pants and still just look for me at the end of the day because I am "enough"? So confused but it doesn't seem like a good idea...

I don't think someone's profession defines their character. His actions say more about him, not the entire spectrum of camboys.

No need to blatantly stereotype to justify his actions.

Let's change the thread to "is it just a bad idea to date a camgirl" and say what you said in your OP and see how quickly the flames come. Cmon now lol.

I do think someone's profession DOES say something about someone's personality otherwise they wouldn't even be in that job. I'm not speaking for all camboys but it certainly seems like it's easier to be dropped for a new shinier model if they are exposed to so many options in a daily basis. I don't date woman so I really don't know and don't care to know if the roles are switched, I'm looking for other girl's opinion about dating camboys no need to get defensive im not talking about you.

I'm not a camboy, but im flattered you think so. I'm just saying. Guys, girls, camland, irl, we're all exposed to people who may be more physically attractive than our SO daily.

But dating..or I should say real dating..involves so much more than that. And if someone leaves you, online/irl, for someone who may be more attractive then it says more about how shallow they are. Or it says something about how shallow/insecure you are if you think that's the sole reason you "broke up."

Also personality traits not the same as character traits. Personality trait - energetic, outgoing. Character trait - honesty, loyalty.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoTxBob
I fell for one recently and now he's left me for a 18 year old in the same site I met him
This turn into a real life relationship, or was just an internet thing?
I would be kidding myself to think he is interacting, watching and chatting women of all colors, sizes and personalities DAILY who also want his ass in their pants and still just look for me at the end of the day because I am "enough"?
I thought it was mostly gay guys they chatted with.

It's just not about being physically attractive but the whole package I guess. The thing is that he wanted a camgirl to perform with him at his place in Europe and I am not even a US citizen yet and can't leave the country,but in this year I take citizenship test and become an official citizen but he couldn't wait.... so he dumped me quickly for someone who could and now they are going to meet.... so in a way I felt used and like I can't trust someone that has a long line of females waiting to please him immediately. Even if the guy was the best person on earth I feel the temptation is too easy to reach, that's what im trying to say, too easy to cheat even if he doesn't want to or mean it. Girls that come into the chatroom talking extremely sexual things that he likes..posting provocative gifs and enticing him for real life sex, it seems like a lost battle so im never dating a camboy again....

Nope, someone did a promise and they didn't go through it, I'm not the one who's skewed and yes im going to date just non-cam boys from now on, less headaches haha. I'm new to the scene so not sure what to make of this new found situations..that's all..

Well I am a firm believer that music helps in these situations. So until a model gets here to help you out with this, just sit back and enjoy the emotions...

• Funny!
Reactions: Phoenix4987
Sorry, but I agree with Pheonix. You do have a pretty twisted understanding of this whole scene right now. 1. Camming is most definitely not going to make him a heartthrob with the ladies, I'd honestly think it would do the opposite considering male cam models appeal to primarily, if not 100%, to men. They may entertain women in the simple sense of just being entertaining, but they have to appeal to their primary audience which is undeniably men. (So basically gay stuff) If he has a bunch of girls ready to hop on his cock then it's probably from his personal life. 2. Being a web cam model doesn't make him more likely to cheat on you. You are essentially insulting the integrity of everyone on this thread when you say that. 3. If he was looking for a partner with the idea of being web cam partners then sorry, he was looking for just that. He's going to go for the more readily available woman, that's just the reality. He doesn't owe you anything.

I don't know what you thought was going on between the two of you, but a lot of guys come to this forum saying a lot of the same things you just did and the point really boils down to there was obviously a misunderstanding between the two of you and you kind of just have to take it as a learning experience. Don't judge everyone based on one personal experience you had. Accept it, learn from it and move on.

My bf cammed a few times and I was fine with it...he was tipped only by men btw even if he was tipped by other women I'd be fine with it. A big important factor here is trust. According to you, If online temptation is "too much" for even the nicest guy that just sounds like a weak excuse-I don't think you're giving anyone fair judgement to think that verdict is the bottom line for all cam boys. Tons of guys assume that we as camgirls must be going out and getting laid all the time because sex is so easily offered but we all know that is rarely true. If dating a cam guy isn't for you-that's fine too! Not everyone is suited to date someone on the industry but just know that negative assumptions about people (in this case cam guys) is similar to the stigma we as camgirls deal with daily (that were sluts,untrustworthy, must have personality flaws etc)

My bf cammed a few times and I was fine with it...he was tipped only by men btw even if he was tipped by other women I'd be fine with it. A big important factor here is trust. According to you, If online temptation is "too much" for even the nicest guy that just sounds like a weak excuse-I don't think you're giving anyone fair judgement to think that verdict is the bottom line for all cam boys. Tons of guys assume that we as camgirls must be going out and getting laid all the time because sex is so easily offered but we all know that is rarely true. If dating a cam guy isn't for you-that's fine too! Not everyone is suited to date someone on the industry but just know that negative assumptions about people (in this case cam guys) is similar to the stigma we as camgirls deal with daily (that were sluts,untrustworthy, must have personality flaws etc)

Well said. I'm a camgirl and no more or less promiscuous than my others noncamgirl friends. I've had sex with a total of 8 guys and only one one night stand, the rest were either close friends or long term boyfriends. Choosing a profession like this is usually because you enjoy MASTURBATING, not sex unless you're a couples model. This does not make you any more or less likely to cheat/be a slut/be a general douche.
Sorry girl you just got one bad guy out of the batch, though it seems like your opinions are heavily skewed against camboys and therefore, for your own sanity as well as theirs you should stick with non cam people, seeing as it seems like you had a hard time trusting him to begin with.

Since camboys have such stream of beautiful young and available women at their disposal

I would be kidding myself to think he is interacting, watching and chatting women of all colors, sizes and personalities DAILY who also want his ass in their pants

Not really, most of their viewers are gay men. Women, for the most part, are not into watching camshows as much as men are, so the majority of viewers in any room, regardless of broadcaster gender, is going to be men.

The thing is that he wanted a camgirl to perform with him at his place in Europe and I am not even a US citizen yet and can't leave the country,but in this year I take citizenship test and become an official citizen but he couldn't wait.... so he dumped me quickly for someone who could

Doesn't sound like you were dating, sounds like you were planning to perform together. Someone else was able to sooner, so they were chosen. This happens in every industry, music, theater, etc - you snooze, you lose.

Girls that come into the chatroom talking extremely sexual things that he likes..posting provocative gifs and enticing him for real life sex

I guarantee you that 99.9% of "girls" talking dirty and posting gifs in cam model's rooms, are not in fact girls, but dudes who get off on pretending to be girls on the internet. Look at the way they talk, you'll be able to tell. Women don't open conversations with strangers with lines like "Oh my god, you make my pussy so wet" or "I want to suck your dick". But who does open conversations with strangers by talking about their genitals or saying what they want to do sexually to that stranger? Men.

Sorry hun, but this entire thread reads like you met a guy on the internet (you live in different countries) and he was looking for a partner to do couples shows, the end. Now, that might not be true, but we lack the details of what your 'relationship' was (committed? have you ever actually met in person? all long distance? how long were you talking to each other? how did you first meet, privately or through his work account?) and the hints you're dropping read strongly as a guy who was working his professional account looking for a partner for couples shows. Feel free to correct us if that isn't true.

And if it so happens that he actually said 'yeah, you're my long distance girlfriend!' then I'm sorry. You met a douche bag and that sucks. We've all met people who are just looking to use and abuse us--male and female. I've honestly met far more of them outside of sexwork than inside of it though. Sexworkers in general have an outstanding grasp of commitment and boundaries; it's something of an occupational requirement. When we see the rare sexworker who doesn't grasp consent, commitment, or boundaries, we tend to ostracize and think poorly of them, i.e. you can't sit with us.

----

The vast majority of customers--based on collective demographic numbers and personal experience--are male. I can count on one hand the number of female clients I've had in the four years I've worked this job, and only one of them was a solo female instead of one half of a couple. Even for male performers this is true--most clients are male and interested in men sexually. Sure, there are female clients, but not many of them.

I've had a helluva lot of dudes claiming to be girls though. They think it'll get them special attention ("see, I'm a girl too!" or "you're more into chicks than dicks, am I right?"), they're into sissification and transformation fetishes (super common actually), etc. 99.9% of them are dirty liars who refuse to turn their cameras on, send real photos, or anything else. And, like Saffron said, chicks don't generally tell strangers on the internet "oh my god you make me so wet!" whether anonymous or not. They just...don't.

----

Now we've given you some very nice replies, especially considering that you're being a Grade A Judgemental Cunt ranting about sex workers being 'promiscuous' and implying that it reflects negatively on our personalities and morals that we're in this line of work. Myself and, I presume, many of the other models here are giving you the benefit of the doubt because we recognize you're upset by what happened with this dude, but seriously please lay off the accusations about us all being slags with no sense of common decency. It's obnoxious.

ince camboys have such stream of beautiful young and available women at their disposal is it just a bad idea to date one seriously ? I fell for one recently and now he's left me for a 18 year old in the same site I met him, I didn't even feel that bad about it because men working in the sex field could be more promiscuous that one who is not? I would be kidding myself to think he is interacting, watching and chatting women of all colors, sizes and personalities DAILY who also want his ass in their pants and still just look for me at the end of the day because I am "enough"? So confused but it doesn't seem like a good idea...

I mean for yourself anyways, didn't you kinda answer your own question in you OP...? On the whole it has to totally depend on the person and circumstances etc etc, would I ever date a cam model of any kind? No, that is just me though, I do not get involved or put any real feeling towards cam models other than having fun and paying for the entertainment they provide, but then again I have known a few people that have dated cam models and it has worked out great, others seek cam models out almost like a dating site type of deal and that is just getting into unhealthy territory, because every model I have ever known are not interested in hooking up with their members in that way and it usually just leads to a let down for the member expecting that and usually really annoys the model in many ways, they are there to have fun etc, yeah but they are there to work and get paid not form a romantic relationship with their paying customers and most of them make that perfectly clear and even the ones that don't, common sense should kick in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.