AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is my computer good enough for streaming on mfc?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2018
Hey everyone!

I've decided to start camming on myfreecams in a couple months or so. Based on what I've read, my internet connection (10mb/s) is pretty decent. The only problem is that Im not sure if my computer will handle camming. Although it's a gaming pc with 4gb RAM, 2.8 gHz and 1Tb memory, it's a pretty old model, with a Core 2 processor (and I keep reading in all forums that an i7 or at least i5 is required)...

One of the reasons that I'm starting to cam is that my daytime job doesn't pay very well and I really can't afford buying a new computer or laptop right now,especially since I have to buy a webcam, some toys etc. So I was wondering if the one I have will do the job until I'm able to upgrade to a better one a few months after I've started camming!

Hello, and welcome!

Your processor is pretty old, and the memory is low. But, you might be able to try a few things and see if it'll help:

If your computer is a store bought unit (laptop or desktop), do a search for the make/model# and see what the max RAM(memory) is for your system. I'd max it out to whatever it can possibly handle. This may be 8gb.

Other things you can try are stopping all applications except for the browser and any camming software that's required. But, even so, I think it might be heavily taxed.

The models here could give you starter tips on what will benefit you the most. Webcam certainly, toys maybe/maybenot. All depends on what you want to do and the format of the show you want to do.

I started with a not great computer that was actually a little worse than yours, and managed to muscle through and then buy a new one about a month in! I'm on Chaturbate so I don't know the different requirements for MFC but my frame rate and resolution was loooowww and half my room would be talking about it most nights lol like i didn't know. But it still worked!

Full shut down/ start (not restart) every time I was about to cam helped a bit. Also sometimes it helps to clear out your browsers cache if the internet is getting sluggish. And some browsers are more intense than others, like Chrome tends to get really bloated with all it's extensions and just use up a ton of RAM for pretty small tasks, so if it's slow on there you might try experimenting with a different browser like Firefox and see how that goes!

It depends on how many sites you want to work. If you want to use one it could work pretty decent. Problems are the browsers eating the ram and the camming plugins (flash) the cpu. So stay with your main sites and do not register on 5 at the time. If you want to handle multiple sites try to find which ones make you the $$ and concentrate on those so you can buy soon a better PC.

Thanks everyone for replying!

I guess I will save up and buy a new pc. I found one with an i5 processor and 8gb ram for a decent price, which is gonna be away more efficient than the one I have now.

Hey everyone!

I've decided to start camming on myfreecams in a couple months or so. Based on what I've read, my internet connection (10mb/s) is pretty decent. The only problem is that Im not sure if my computer will handle camming. Although it's a gaming pc with 4gb RAM, 2.8 gHz and 1Tb memory, it's a pretty old model, with a Core 2 processor (and I keep reading in all forums that an i7 or at least i5 is required)...

One of the reasons that I'm starting to cam is that my daytime job doesn't pay very well and I really can't afford buying a new computer or laptop right now,especially since I have to buy a webcam, some toys etc. So I was wondering if the one I have will do the job until I'm able to upgrade to a better one a few months after I've started camming!
It will work for regular camming, but HD camming through OBS won't.

Thanks everyone for replying!

I guess I will save up and buy a new pc. I found one with an i5 processor and 8gb ram for a decent price, which is gonna be away more efficient than the one I have now.

You can try your current one and see how it works for you. This way, you're not delaying anything. A number of models have started with lower end computers and moved up after a couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.