AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Just starting out!!! Newbie to the MAXXX!!! LOL

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 30, 2016
Hi
Im Kadya

I am really trying to put some time and effort into my craft (that is how I see it). I am a BBW and I am trying to find the perfect role for me. Do you guys change it up often or keep the same? I see a lot of sites but I'm not sure who really pays correctly with good traffic. I will admit although most of the time I am comfortable with sexual acts I find myself kind of intimidated? A little guidance from my fellow BOSS ASS WOMEN please!

Each individual person is very different in this industry. What works for one doesn't work for another. I read up allllll the stuff I could on this job, and still didn't do very well. I thought "Hmm, this works for her.... She's like me... maybe...?" Nope. You have to test the waters and find what works for you. You'd be surprised.

I'd suggest figuring out your comfort zones, interests and having an idea of what you want your brand to be. Always be open to new styles or fetishes though... of course unless they bother you. I'd never thought people would like me doing some stuff I did, but hey they do. :p I'd also suggest trying the 3 main sites for camming being MyFreeCams, Chaturbate and Streamate. See what works for you. Give it some time and effort and if it doesn't, move on to the next choice.

Each individual person is very different in this industry. What works for one doesn't work for another. I read up allllll the stuff I could on this job, and still didn't do very well. I thought "Hmm, this works for her.... She's like me... maybe...?" Nope. You have to test the waters and find what works for you. You'd be surprised.

I'd suggest figuring out your comfort zones, interests and having an idea of what you want your brand to be. Always be open to new styles or fetishes though... of course unless they bother you. I'd never thought people would like me doing some stuff I did, but hey they do. :p I'd also suggest trying the 3 main sites for camming being MyFreeCams, Chaturbate and Streamate. See what works for you. Give it some time and effort and if it doesn't, move on to the next choice.

Thanks so much for the advice hun I'm just going to jump right in! lol

^ that and also reading everything on this forum. Seriously. I couldn't break passed a certain point/find myself with cam and just couldn't figure it out on my own. I think many would have quit then and there, and they do. I became an active member of the community and the models only section became my support system, my bread and butter. Hopefully if you decide to immerse yourself in it you too can experience the comraderie and through sharing with others you can find your cam identity. You won't regret becoming verified!

I haven't actually cammed with members yet BUT I've found just practicing in front of the cam and recording some content has been really helpful! There are so many things I didn't realize I did or looked way unsexy vs what I thought was sexy.

This forum is amazing for all the tips in the world but pretending has helped me feel so much comfortable! Good luck gorgeous! You'll be awesome!!

Reactions: Violet Dawn
Yes!!! What the others on here said! Read. Read. Read. Never stop.

You can never learn enough on how to improve your craft, even after you figure out what works for you. This forum is a treasure chest of advice and inspiration.

That being said, there will be thousands of models that you can watch and hundreds of different methods, but there is no cookie cutter set up for success. My advice is:

-Write out a list of your hard limits: If you don't know what you are and are not comfortable doing & have a guideline of how to behave in your room then you will not be able to keep control of your room. Part of camming is about creating the fantasy that they have control while never letting slip out of your grasp.

When I used to do privates, if someone asked me to do a fetish/kink that I didn't really know about or wasn't very experienced in, I would tell them that I wasn't very knowledgable but would love for them to teach me. A lot of guys will jump at the chance to be able to teach about their particular fetish- and it will help you test the waters to see if it's something you enjoy offering.

-Try out different sites: I would try a token site and a private based site... they are different hustles (in my opinion) and so you won't know which one vibes best with you until you try it. I was on Streamate for 2 years and made great money, but I hated the private show setting. Once I switched to MFC I wondered why I waited so long to try it out, since it is much more my style.

-Be Genuine- If you're creating a character, makes sure that you inject enough of your personality into it that you can form a connection with your members. If you aren't genuine, they can tell and it won't work. Plus, it's way better to be paid to be yourself and much less exhausting. :D I find that most of the things I grew up being made fun of or that I didn't like about myself are the same things that make my regulars love me.

I know I already said it and so did all the others, but seriously.. never stop reading. Join forums, read articles and books on sales/marketing/branding/trends, keep up to date on the newest technologies, if you are going to be promoting on social media as a brand, always be on the look out for new social media platforms that are coming in that you can capitalize on.

Also the most important thing is to realize that you are in essence a salesman and you are your product. There will be days where you don't sell shit, or it feels like you aren't getting anywhere. This is where, for me the "If you build it they will come" mentality comes in to play. Keep working through the shit times and it will start to pay off. :)

Best advice ever would be to just be yourself and make sure this is something you enjoy doing!

I've noticed on my days where I'm not feeling too great or I'm not really in the mood, my visitors and regulars can absolutely tell and my money suffers because of it.
The days I'm being myself and loving every second as I normally do, I tend to see a little boost in my normal token income that day!

I definitely agree, everything on ACF is FANTASTIC. I studied it for weeks before I finally started up my business.

Chaturbate is a great site to use if you are just starting out. MyfreeCams is great too, my only issue is that you have to fax in your tax info, which I don't have access to do with my schedule.

Definitely do some preliminary videos, maybe even start by selling those on a site like manyvids.com to get you comfortable with the camera. I've never been one to get shy, but my first stream, I was the shyest I've ever been in my life!

Also, Make sure you create a good social media following. I never used twitter before I started camming, and now I use it all the time to update my schedule for Cam and to let my regulars and followers have a say in what I'll do/wear that show.

Good luck dear! It's a fantastic business to be in, just keep in mind, It's a lot of hard work!

Status
Not open for further replies.