AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

LGBTQQIAAP

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocefish

I did bad things, privileges revoked!
In the Dog House
Mar 26, 2010
Usually somewhere between flippant and glib.
WTF and just how long will the acronym grow?

I was under the impression the word queer was sorta like nigger, one of those taboo words best never said?

Now that I think about it, neither word has ever come to mind in my personal vocabulary even after I heard or read it somewhere. To me, queer always meant gay or homosexual. I can't keep up with all the slight variations of what means what anymore.

What's the difference between pansexual and bisexual?

Last edited:

Pansexual is sex with a half goat half man creature while he plays a syrinx.
Hope that clears it up for ya.

url.gif

As I understand it, "bisexual" means attraction to both men and women, whereas "pansexuals" don't recognize the very concept of gender.

From what I understand through the community I associate with pansexual is attraction to both male and female regardless if that male or female identify with the opposite gender, and bisexual is attraction to either the male gender or female gender.

Pansexual people can be attracted to a hetero male/female and then their next attraction can be towards a FtM or MtF or anything in between - its more a case by case "I find *this* person attractive". Where as bisexual people are commonly attracted to boys with boy bits and ladies with lady bits - not the in-between.

OK... so if I was attracted to a transgender person that would define me as a pansexual?

Transgender isn't a separate gender. It means you are transitioning from one gender to another. So no. If you still only like girls, you're still straight.

In my local homo community it is quite acceptable to say LGBTQ+ or LGBT+

Queer is a word a lot of people use to encompass all the acronyms that aren't some kind of heteronormative thing. It's perfectly acceptable to use as a describing thing. Some folks do dislike it though, so like in all cases when describing someones sexuality it's best to just ask what it is and use what ever word they throw at you.

You define your own sexuality. If you dig a trans lady and are a dude straight would still probs best be your umberalla term.

Trans people aren't just two genders - MtF and FtM. There are plenty of non-binary people - genderqueer, agender, bigender, genderfluid, etc - who are neither or both or somewhere in between.

Pansexual implies that you have the ability to be attracted to people of various genders, not necessarily regardless of gender. I'm still attracted to specific feminine traits and masculine traits.

If you're just attracted to cis women (non-trans) and MtF women, "straight" is probably the most active descriptor.

Queer has become acceptable terminology to describe gender and sexual minorities. For example, my partner is transfemme (biologically male bits and mostly, but not entirely, female brain) and attracted to femininity regardless of gender (ciswomen, feminine trans people, and effeminite cismen). It's a lot to explain in one sentence, so they usually just say they're trans and queer. If someone describes themself as queer, it's perfectly acceptable to refer to them as queer.

A lot of the language being tossed around right now is new, and people are still trying to sort out the accurate definitions, so it's ok if you're scratching your head. Part of that is redefining pronouns. Right now, "they" is the most popular non-binary pronoun. Please respect trans people's pronouns. It may be difficult to get used to, but using the wrong pronouns is like snapping a rubber band on someone's arm. It stings when it happens, but after a while it turns into a huge welt that scars their psyche. It can take months to reprogram your brain to accept "they", but it will happen, and soon you won't even think about it.

I've done this before (seriously not trying to be a troll--sooo I don't know what is going on in my mind):

WTF and just how long will the acronym grow?

I was under the impression the word queer was sorta like nigger, one of those taboo words best never said?

Now that I think about it, neither word has ever come to mind in my personal vocabulary even after I heard or read it somewhere. To me, queer always meant gay or homosexual. I can't keep up with all the slight variations of what means what anymore.

Different people in the LGBTQ+ community feel differently about the word "queer." Some enjoy reclaiming the slur and use it to describe themselves, but others find it offensive. Both are valid viewpoints. I am a lesbian, and I find the term A-OK, but not when straight people use it since it is a slur.

About bisexual vs. pansexual: bisexuality is now defined as the attraction towards one's own gender and one or more other genders. I'm speaking generally instead of saying just "men and women" because plenty of agender people identify as bi, and it would be awful to erase them. As for pansexual, it means you're attracted to all genders. There isn't too too much of a disparity; what one chooses to use as a label depends on how they personally feel.

Reactions: EspiKvlt
Me and the last guy I was dating were trying to figure out what my definition would be.

Somewhere along the lines of a bi-pan-demi-sapio sexual, lol, so queer works! :D

Reactions: EmiliaSong
Status
Not open for further replies.