AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Livejasmin / Studio 20 and Social Media Privacy

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the same studio I can confirm that, they have a location in LA also a new location in Colombia. what do you mean by "the way they run things" ? did you work for Studio 20? do you know anything of how they run things? btw I'm not pushing anything, just want to know what I am dealing with here when it comes to this studio, if you know something please do tell
Sounds like you are just dealing with a run of the mill studio and the model who works for one. All studios come off as sketchy to me.

You know how if you go to a restaurant, you can kind of flirt with the cute waitress while you're ordering/eating/paying/tipping? However, if you try to stay after and keep flirting, you'll be made to feel the awkwardness of your actions and likely asked to leave? That's a studio. If this waitress wanted you to keep flirting for free, she would have found a way to discreetly slip you her number. She hasn't. If you want a model you can push more easily, pick one that's not in a studio. Lots of girls are way too nice for way too long and, with no one to tell them not to or throw you out for them, will let you hang out. And, you can't get them fired. From your post here, you seem to have some resistance to boundaries. Either you want romance from this girl enough to obsess over her work environment or you want to pay less than what you're paying her and feel there's a way around the studio. Why do you feel entitled to know so much about her business? If she wanted you to know, she'd tell you. And, if you were familiar enough that you could ask her, you would be doing that. She's a stranger to you... a waitress that smiles and hopes you leave enough money to make clearing the table worthwhile. Stop being so invasive with this girl's work life.

btw I'm not pushing anything
Well, you kind of are. Everyone here has told you everything they know. Your communications are being monitored. They do it to protect the models. No one can tell you exactly what they listen to, how much they listen to, or how they listen to it.

All studios come off as sketchy to me.
I'd never heard of Studio20 until this thread, but they sound pretty "not bad". They provide models with nice spacious rooms that come fully stocked with wipes, sanitizers, lubes, etc; each room has $5000+ in equipment (the cameras alone are $2500), and they have a massage therapist on site for the models. I'm not sure if it was the Studio20 article linked to earlier in the thread, but one studio offered health and dental benefits to the models... Doesn't sound all that sketchy to me.

I agree, this studio seems to be one of the better ones from what I saw. The fact alone that they have a homepage and even answer a user shows me that.

Roy, studios have "ban lists" where names of users are that the studio wants the girls to ban at first sight. But I don't think you're there yet. Give her your contact data and then just have patience, lots of patience. She can't tell you if she's interested on the camsite or on the twitter. She just can't without taking an enormous risk. If you keep pushing her, you might a) get on the ban list and b) create a risk for her of losing money for misunderstandings, meaning the studio thinks you two have contact and keeps money from her. Please don't do that.

If you want to try to connect to a girl on cam on a deeper level, stay away from studio girls like others here have said already.

Reactions: CoffeeKnight
I can answer you this, as ive worked there:) girls do the talk on social media, yet studio has access to accounts. they do read everything to prevent any exchange of personal info and money sent other way than their approved methods. if any of those two happen, the model will be "fired" from studio.

thank you all for the feedback. I talk to her on Twitter regularly, but like I said there is some kind screening system there. she has mentioned meeting but we have never really actually said how, more like "when we meet" kind of statement, was thinking that I should be patient we have been talking only for two months, what I can say for sure is that there is genuine interest on her part. I never had expectations before going in that something like this would occur, it just developed. This is new for me and I am not sure how to go about it. I welcome your thoughts

Ok dude.... wake up. Seriously, WAKE UP. Let's review what you said:

1 You talk to her on twitter.
2 You've known her for 2 months
3 SHE mentioned meeting?

If that last one is true then dude, I'm telling you straight up, it's bullshit. There is no way it could not be bullshit. And you SHOULD know it's bullshit. There is no chance in hell she or any other girl you meet on the internet through a cam site would genuinely want to meet someone they've known only 2 months. And in most cases, whether 2 months or 2 years; it makes no difference. It's a fantasy dude. It's not real. You think there is genuine interest but there's not. She's not imprisoned within the confines of any studio or any site. She's not a damsel in distress. She's a human being with a job. She has friends, family, maybe even a boyfriend or husband. She has a whole life outside of what you know. A REAL life with REAL people. Once her stream ends for the day you are no longer a part of her world in any way whatsoever. And if you think you are, you are a fool. I'm not trying to insult you but you should know better. It's time to wake up man. If you continue down this road thinking about things the way you are now, at some point in the not too distant future, you're gonna wish you had listened to all the people who told you what you needed to hear but couldn't or rather wouldn't accept. It's fantasy. Just walk away. You're not the first nor the last guy who has allowed himself to believe in a fantasy. It happens. Nothing to be embarrassed about. Life is lonely sometimes. We all want companionship. Seek it elsewhere man. Ok, that's all. Rant over.

Agree 'No one really cares about your personal details, the studio is just trying to protect the models.'

Agree again 'She's just there to do her job. If you take actions that puts her job or income at risk simply because you wish to pursue an off-site relationship of some sort with her, that is selfish. Enjoy what you have as it is, or cut it off. But don't try to find a way to get around the protocols. Aside from potentially getting her in trouble, I imagine she doesn't want to talk to you outside of the work setting. If she did, she'd figure out a way to make it happen.'

What about this scenario... girl starts camming and meets a guy she likes talking with. Then, within a few weeks or months, decides camming is not for her and she's going to leave the business but doesn't want to lose contact with guy. Is that possible?

What about this scenario... girl starts camming and meets a guy she likes talking with. Then, within a few weeks or months, decides camming is not for her and she's going to leave the business but doesn't want to lose contact with guy. Is that possible?

Possible, but very, VERY improbable.

In my studio it was forbidden to have contact with customers even after our contract was over and the penalty was very, very, very high if it got out that we have contact. So it's still a great risk for the girl. And yeah, there were cases where it got out (user spoke to another girl from same studio, maybe even with no ill intentions, conversation was seen by the studio). I get the appeal of a "clueless" studio girl, highly attractive for white knights and other "caretakers", it's the way the system works.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
In my studio it was forbidden to have contact with customers even after our contract was over and the penalty was very, very, very high if it got out that we have contact. So it's still a great risk for the girl. And yeah, there were cases where it got out (user spoke to another girl from same studio, maybe even with no ill intentions, conversation was seen by the studio). I get the appeal of a "clueless" studio girl, highly attractive for white knights and other "caretakers", it's the way the system works.

I'm curious about that. Why would a studio do that after a model has left? It seems like the potential cost would be much higher than any small benefit to the studio. And although a contract can have language to prevent certain disclosures after a contract has ended these are viewed rather negatively usually in courts, at least U.S. courts. Once a contract has ended your employer does not own you or have any right to dictate rules you have to follow. I'm sorry if it sounds like I have a negative view of studios. I know there are some good ones. But there also some that seem like little more than slave camps where they know they have the freedom to make their own rules because they will not be challenged. But whichever kind of studio this is I still don't see a lot of advantage for the studio to pursue this kind of control over a model after the employment relationship is ended. Unless it is just about the control and being petty which I have seen at least on one occasion.

I'm curious about that. Why would a studio do that after a model has left? It seems like the potential cost would be much higher than any small benefit to the studio. And although a contract can have language to prevent certain disclosures after a contract has ended these are viewed rather negatively usually in courts, at least U.S. courts. Once a contract has ended your employer does not own you or have any right to dictate rules you have to follow. I'm sorry if it sounds like I have a negative view of studios. I know there are some good ones. But there also some that seem like little more than slave camps where they know they have the freedom to make their own rules because they will not be challenged. But whichever kind of studio this is I still don't see a lot of advantage for the studio to pursue this kind of control over a model after the employment relationship is ended. Unless it is just about the control and being petty which I have seen at least on one occasion.

most studio contracts can last from anywhere from 6 months to infinite after the model leaves. contractors have fewer legal rights then actual employees.

@AudriTwo You can put anything in a contract. That doesn't make it legal or enforceable. Often it is meant to dissuade rather than be enforced. In the case of non-compete clauses they are often found to be illegal unless specific damages can be proven. Still they are common items in employment contracts. I still don't see what consequences a studio would try to enforce that would be cost effective for a studio other than trying to blackball a model in the business. That is often the way non-compete issues go to since actual enforcement is questionable at best. It is the same way discrimination can continue even though it is illegal. But in the case of a model who is leaving the industry what other consequences could a studio pursue and how would it be worth the cost to the studio?

@AudriTwo You can put anything in a contract. That doesn't make it legal or enforceable. Often it is meant to dissuade rather than be enforced. In the case of non-compete clauses they are often found to be illegal unless specific damages can be proven. Still they are common items in employment contracts. I still don't see what consequences a studio would try to enforce that would be cost effective for a studio other than trying to blackball a model in the business. That is often the way non-compete issues go to since actual enforcement is questionable at best. It is the same way discrimination can continue even though it is illegal. But in the case of a model who is leaving the industry what other consequences could a studio pursue and how would it be worth the cost to the studio?

Independent contractor contracts are different from employment contracts, you know. They don't work the same.

We should have a "How to meet a girl for dating purposes on a non cam sites" thread. This has nothing to do with a studio or a non studio model question.
The best way to be a knight in a shinning armor, is to be a good gentleman tipper, and respect the barrier. OMG, I'm starting to sound like an aging Jewish adult industry publisher in a crappy late night documentary all of a sudden....

Yes, I know those contracts are different. I see less incentive to pursue an independent contractor to the grave than an employee. There may be reasons in both cases but I doubt they are the norm. No offense but you are not that financially significant to warrant the effort. Only speaking from the financial aspect as I realize there can be other motivations involved. In which case it is better to get out of that situation as soon as possible.

To scare us from leaving studio and going independent. Nothing in our contract will hold before a court but how legally experienced do you think 18-22 year old girls are? Exactly, not so much. That's why it works. I had a two year clause in my contract forbidding me to work on camsites, which I didn't care about but the "deal" is good enough for them, when they make a big enough portion of girls think these clauses are legally okay.

But again, this particular studio here seems to be one of the better ones. I mean, it's clear what the work will be. I was told my work would be paid chat and absolutely zero mention of the adult nature of the work. Some girls ran away after only some minutes on the first day. My former "studio" really doesn't exist in any legal way.

To scare us from leaving studio and going independent. Nothing in our contract will hold before a court but how legally experienced do you think 18-22 year old girls are? Exactly, not so much. That's why it works. I had a two year clause in my contract forbidding me to work on camsites, which I didn't care about but the "deal" is good enough for them, when they make a big enough portion of girls think these clauses are legally okay.

But again, this particular studio here seems to be one of the better ones. I mean, it's clear what the work will be. I was told my work would be paid chat and absolutely zero mention of the adult nature of the work. Some girls ran away after only some minutes on the first day. My former "studio" really doesn't exist in any legal way.

Well yes. That was basically the point I was making. And a question if there is any real way they could force consequences outside of the courts. I know blackballing does happen but even with that I don't think they put a lot of effort into it.

We should have a "How to meet a girl for dating purposes on a non cam sites" thread.
Not a bad idea to be honest because I know I certainly could use some actual advice/venting from time to time but I feel it would quickly get taken over by people that plan on marrying their favorite Romanian cam model who they take private all the time but have never seen naked.

Not a bad idea to be honest because I know I certainly could use some actual advice/venting from time to time but I feel it would quickly get taken over by people that plan on marrying their favorite Romanian cam model who they take private all the time but have never seen naked.

I see what you did there.

If she wanted to meet or outside contact like some said before you wouldn`t be talking by twitter anymore there are many ways to hand out personal information without others knowing it even on lj
If she wanted to meet or outside contact like some said before you wouldn`t be talking by twitter anymore there are many ways to hand out personal information without others knowing it even on lj
".....there are many ways to hand out personal information without others knowing it even on lj" Such as? Specifically on LJ the epitome of Big Brother 1984 would be very curious to know that answer. Thanks.

".....there are many ways to hand out personal information without others knowing it even on lj" Such as? Specifically on LJ the epitome of Big Brother 1984 would be very curious to know that answer. Thanks.
Big brother is present indeed but big brother doesn`t check all user names created and for example if you leave the +(countrycode) away from the nick you create and you use just 1 word she knows it is you it is a piece of cake.
Ps Big Brotheron LJ only cares about audio/video/lightto put deductations out ;)

Even if you manage to get around a site's attempts to thwart your outside communication, it's not going to matter when they still don't want to get in touch with you off-site. If a performer wants to reach out to you, I am sure they will manage to let you know how. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Even if you manage to get around a site's attempts to thwart your outside communication, it's not going to matter when they still don't want to get in touch with you off-site. If a performer wants to reach out to you, I am sure they will manage to let you know how. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That nick i only use when they give me a hint about outside contact and for a performer it is harder to exchange especially when a studio model.

Just saying again, even with good intentions the studio girl is at risk. A studio manager does not need proof to cut the earnings of a studio model. They suspect it happened, the girl gets a penalty. Not all studios will be the same but it can happen in the bad ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.