AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MacBook or IMac?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2018
Norfolk England
Twitter Username
@CandiBunnie
Chaturbate Username
CandiBunnie
Hi I need advice please on what is best I am looking in to purchasing a MacBook or IMac for Cam work what is best though? I tend to Cam in one room so I don’t move around in other rooms so I don’t need something where I can move around rooms or go to hotels etc. Thank u in advance

Here's a good rundown. Note that they're comparing the MacBook PRO. I would suggest looking at that versus the basic MacBook simply because you'll want some extra horsepower if you plan on doing any of your own photo video editing on the same computer. Personally I think the MacBook Pro is the way to go for you unless you prefer a much larger screen and would like the additional horsepower the iMac allows for. I don't personally think you need that horsepower. I do a ton of video editing and my ~2014 MacBook pro is able to handle it with relative ease (Note that I'm not a model but I've seen a lot of girls broadcasting with their MacBooks and they seem to do just fine there as well).

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/macbook-vs-imac/

Here's a good rundown. Note that they're comparing the MacBook PRO. I would suggest looking at that versus the basic MacBook simply because you'll want some extra horsepower if you plan on doing any of your own photo video editing on the same computer. Personally I think the MacBook Pro is the way to go for you unless you prefer a much larger screen and would like the additional horsepower the iMac allows for. I don't personally think you need that horsepower. I do a ton of video editing and my ~2014 MacBook pro is able to handle it with relative ease (Note that I'm not a model but I've seen a lot of girls broadcasting with their MacBooks and they seem to do just fine there as well).

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/macbook-vs-imac/
I do prefer the larger screen but I’m like that with everything. Thank you for you advice :)

It depends on the site. I have a 2015 MacBook pro and it's fine on Chaturbate but can't handle SM Broadcast if I wanna stream on SM.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Nai Hope
I have a 15' custom built Macbook Pro - it was $3300 and it's the best investment I have ever made. - I do a ton of special effects so I needed a specific type of computer to handle all the video editing/rendering I do. You do not need to custom build it as crazy as me but I would totally go for the 15' macbook pro - my screen is plenty big!

It depends on the site. I have a 2015 MacBook pro and it's fine on Chaturbate but can't handle SM Broadcast if I wanna stream on SM.
What about a 2018 Macbook Pro? Ive heard that the most recent Macs work better on camsites.

• Helpful!
What about a 2018 Macbook Pro? Ive heard that the most recent Macs work better on camsites.

Thats exactly what I have and recommended she buy above. I just custom built mine..

• Hugs
I am also looking around to see which Mac would be best for me too. I came across the following website and thought it was useful.

macworld.co.uk/feature/mac/best-mac-for-games-3446272/

I have been using a Macbook Pro Retina 2015. It was awesome for camming and clips but since I cam a lot, it is getting worn out and I need a new one for streaming.

I am super happy with my MacBook Pro, got a refurb 2017 model early this year. It is excellent for streaming and video editing. I prefer laptops to desktops because I like the flexibility, so I don’t really have a comparison for you. But, as a stand alone workhorse the MacBook does the job well.

Keep in mind, if you do get one of the newer models, the ports are limited to USB-C so you may need an adapter and a hub to get the most out of the peripherals that you already have.

Keep in mind, if you do get one of the newer models, the ports are limited to USB-C so you may need an adapter and a hub to get the most out of the peripherals that you already have.

GREAT job pointing this out, big change on the newer ones and obviously critically important to plugging in a webcam ;)

Reactions: Shhhamrock
Status
Not open for further replies.