AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Making a Tips pricing list?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just a member but since you posted in a public general thread, I would guess the explanation of the differences is that some are established models and others are new. I could understand a new model having lower tip options as she builds up a following. As the popularity rises and more people find them, they can increases what they ask for.

Price items at whatever amount you think people will pay. It might take some trial and error to find the sweet spot.

Just a member also and would agree with others, pricing based on what sells and helps up a following ("100 true fans") and not just what others charge has been very successful for me in online marketing and sales.

Thanks so much for the replies. It helps a lot. Guess back to the drawing board I go lol.
I personally think that you should charge what you think your worth. Maybe start from both ends. Set a Low Like a spank, or blow a kiss 5 tokens, and a high like instant anal show (extreme i know) at 2499 tokens, and go from there. Say if your doing 2499 for anal, 1999 might be instant vibrator show. and if 5 is a spank, 10 might be 3 spanks, and 25 may be suck on your finger, etc etc.. play with increments. Also the same way items are priced like .49 cents or .99 cents to have an appearance of a lower cost than it is works with the tip menu. use 49, 99 or 1999 etc to have the appearance of a little lower. Check out my tip menu for reference also on my CB. I find no one ever complains about my prices and ive only be camming for 2 months.. Hope some of this helps!

without extremes but without giving away your show, take advantage of your beauty and remember that camera models are one of the luxuries of adult entertainment
Visit model rooms to see their prices so you can have clearer ideas

Last edited:
I'm just a member but since you posted in a public general thread, I would guess the explanation of the differences is that some are established models and others are new. I could understand a new model having lower tip options as she builds up a following. As the popularity rises and more people find them, they can increases what they ask for.
If you price yourself low just because you are new you are undervaluing yourself. If anything, new girls should have higher pricing because they havent been seen before. Its a novelty.

Furthermore, if you price yourself low in the beginning and then raise it, people may not be pleased because they used to pay so little to see the same thing that now costs more.

If you price yourself low just because you are new you are undervaluing yourself. If anything, new girls should have higher pricing because they havent been seen before. Its a novelty.

Furthermore, if you price yourself low in the beginning and then raise it, people may not be pleased because they used to pay so little to see the same thing that now costs more.
It is a great advice, I will put it into practice as soon as it starts to transmit

Definitely don't undervalue yourself! And don't let anyone, except yourself, tell you what you're worth. Not only is this good for you but the whole camming community, since the more models who charge what they're worth (instead of less than) the more it will become normal and accepted to pay the fair amount. Or as my Papa used to say "When it comes to cam folk, undercutting undercuts the undercutter as well" (he said no such thing, but it makes sense!)
Also, it's plain old entrepreneurial common sense to charge more and get less work, than to charge less and get too much work and overwhelm yourself. Unless you want to slave away then I guess go for it.

If you're not sure, just play around with your tip menu until you find a happy medium. If anyone complains about price changes just communicate openly and honestly about it and those who are understanding and supportive are worth your time, and the rest? Banhammer the fuck out of em if they can't respect you.

Good luck! :h:

I wasn't saying this is what she should do. I was just offering a possible reason for the price differences she mentioned.

I wouldn't worry too much about this. Members come and go, it is normal for your audience to change over time as you grow as a performer. It is also normal to change your pricing as you get better at your job, start using better equipment, and generally improve the service that you are providing. For example, if you start camming from a built-in webcam with no audio and price things accordingly, it should come as no surprise when you upgrade your gear and raise your prices to suit the new offerings. Some members are going to like you for your super amateur qualities at the beginning, and as you and your show change over time, so will your audience. Sure, there will be members who stick with you through the changes, but I don't think you need to concern yourself with keeping all of them around forever and ever. It's not realistic.

So is there a general rule on how much you should make tips options?
As you have already discovered...No rules

In short it is a business choice, no customers meaning perhaps too high, too many customers to be effective/ comfortable, too low. Don't go too high or too low on price, be of value no matter the price.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Status
Not open for further replies.