AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC Premium -> Platinum Members

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2011
So a premium friend of mine got a call from MFC today that told him he was now a Platinum member. Apparently he can now buy tokens for .07 and he also has a customer support line.

Is this new? I know someone in my room joked the other day about upgrading to Plat, but we were all laughing about it. I wonder how much total you need to spend to become a Plat.. :think: Pretty hot he can buy tokens cheaper now though!

Hmm my prem account is platinum, but I have never received a support line number or phone call. the tokens packages are still the same, just high packages cost less per token. so 200 tokens is still .10 per token but i think 2500 is .07... if my memory serves correct.

Im guessing theres a new platinum premium system now..but right around 5000 reward points and 6 months into MFC i just bugged and emailed the hell out of admin katie until they made me platinum... :mrgreen:

i'm platinum and not sure how i got there other than spending $$. it just showed up one day.

i don't know of any priority support, although it says i get it. token prices are under .08 if i spend $149.99 or more.

i would like to see platinum members get a few more benefits...like maybe a lube dispenser for my pc that has the mfc logo :lol:

Reactions: JoleneBrody
I emailed the admins for MFC gear like a tank top or coffee mug after reaching 10000 reward points...

No dice... :crybaby:

If you expect MFC's support to help you, put your username as the subject, and email them as few lines as possible.

You're supposed to go platinum at 1k reward points, but MFC is buggy.

However, if you write them a paragraph, or even two lines, they might not even bother reading it.

CatraLacourte said:
So a premium friend of mine got a call from MFC today

Got a CALL? Seriously? This is the first I hear of MFC phoning anyone, and I don't recall giving MFC my phone number when I signed up. :think:

Anyway, I don't know if it is because I'm not an American, but platinum or not, MFC wouldn't let me purchase more than 900 at a go without sending them a copy of my ID. They said I can always wire them money, but that's kind of a PITA.

Yeah I got platinum at like 3 months on the site and about 600 points...so it varies for some reason

Sevrin said:
CatraLacourte said:

Got a CALL? Seriously? This is the first I hear of MFC phoning anyone, and I don't recall giving MFC my phone number when I signed up. :think:

Yeah, he said they called him on his cell. I, too, was like whoa MFC has phones? :lol: Maybe he asked about platinum and gave his number or something? I'll prod him for more info next time I talk to him.

GreatDane said:
Platinum members get that status by either spending approximately $1,000 or spending waaaaay tooo much time at mfc

I had about 350 reward points.
I'll concede the 'or'.

Also, check the numbers.
For example - the 'less than $.08' package I have at the top - has them at 0.79999'.
I suspect $.07/token will really be $0.075

I remember there being "premium" status when you first pony up the dough, then I thought it was called "platinum" status or something at around 1000 reward points which opens up Lounge 1000. Maybe it wasn't called anything, just the new lounge to access. Then a few months ago when I logged in I had a message sitting there from Admin with the title "Platinum Premium Status Notification".

Message body was:

Hi, we just wanted to let you know that your account has just been upgraded from Premium to Platinum Premium, which is our highest level of membership on our website. We specifically select members for Platinum Premium status based on various factors including your loyalty as a member and your contribution to the MyFreeCams community.

As a Platinum Premium member, you will be granted extra features from time to time, including extra token purchase options that will let you purchase tokens in bulk at a slight discount. Additionally, you will receive our highest possible level of customer support. If you ever need anything at all, please contact us and we are at your disposal. To learn more, please visit the My Account section.

Of course, your Platinum Premium membership is free and it is yours for life.

Thank you for being a valued part of the MyFreeCams community!

edit - just went back and looked. 1000 points wasn't titled anything, just get an Admin e-mail saying what the new features available are.

I got my platinum prem status at 1000 reward points, but I'm also a dirty little perv and made those points pretty quick... that may have encouraged the fancy title soner. :lol:

Reactions: UncleThursday
For a period of time members were getting platinum at 3 months regardless of the number of tokens bought.

BullFrogBlues said:
For a period of time members were getting platinum at 3 months regardless of the number of tokens bought.

I got my platinum status at around 5000, of course that was after about 3 months time, so not sure what the factor was. I do know when I first got platinum I had an 1875 token purchase package. I now have a 3775 token package I can buy.

FifthElephant said:
GreatDane said:
Platinum members get that status by either spending approximately $1,000 or spending waaaaay tooo much time at mfc

I had about 350 reward points.
I'll concede the 'or'.

Also, check the numbers.
For example - the 'less than $.08' package I have at the top - has them at 0.79999'.
I suspect $.07/token will really be $0.075

yeah the top package I can buy is 3775 for $299 and it works out at 7.945c/token

the 900 package works out at 8.344c/token

So I guess that's a saving of around $15 on the larger package but hell, I think we all know the more you buy the faster you spend em...

Reactions: UncleThursday
CatraLacourte said:
So a premium friend of mine got a call from MFC today that told him he was now a Platinum member. Apparently he can now buy tokens for .07 and he also has a customer support line.

MFC now calls people personally and has a customer support line? :lol:

No offense, but I gotta call
gApnO.gif

I have never even talked to anyone on the phone affiliated with MFC,

other than my chat room visitors.

And, I have been a model there for almost 2 years now.

But I have to admit, I do prefer it to the site I was at for a year before that.

There was one person there who I had to talk to on the phone periodically, and

it was not always pleasant.

Everyone else there was really cool though.

Too bad their pay rate was so low.

I really love MyFreeCams.

I wish so much that I lived on the west coast time zone, instead of Eastern Standard Time.

It is so hard to get good business when you work morning shifts Eastern Standard Time.

I wish I knew of some great ways to reach out to guy who enjoy watching webcams that live in other English speaking countries.

But the majority of MFC traffic is from within the US.

Platinum status is a really cool feature.

And I'm so glad they have added that for the members.

Those guys deserve something extra special,

because they definately treat us gals extra special.

And it's awesomesauce!

xoxo,

ACuteCamGirl
a cute cam girl
myfreecams
my free cams

^^ Was it your intention for me to read that like a poem? My brain has been trained to read unnecessary line breaks with a poetic rhythm.

acutecamgirl said:

I have never even talked to anyone on the phone affiliated with MFC,

other than my chat room visitors.

And, I have been a model there for almost 2 years now.

But I have to admit, I do prefer it to the site I was at for a year before that.

There was one person there who I had to talk to on the phone periodically, and

it was not always pleasant.

Everyone else there was really cool though.

Too bad their pay rate was so low.

I really love MyFreeCams.

I wish so much that I lived on the west coast time zone, instead of Eastern Standard Time.

It is so hard to get good business when you work morning shifts Eastern Standard Time.

I wish I knew of some great ways to reach out to guy who enjoy watching webcams that live in other English speaking countries.

But the majority of MFC traffic is from within the US.

Platinum status is a really cool feature.

And I'm so glad they have added that for the members.

Those guys deserve something extra special,

because they definately treat us gals extra special.

And it's awesomesauce!

xoxo,
To be, or not to be, — that is the question: —

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer

The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,

Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,

And by opposing end them? — To die, to sleep, —

No more; and by a sleep to say we end

The heart-ache, and the thousand natural shocks

That flesh is heir to, — 'tis a consummation

Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep; —

To sleep, perchance to dream: — ay, there's the rub;

For in that sleep of death what dreams may come,

When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,

Must give us pause: there's the respect

That makes calamity of so long life;

For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,

The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,

The pangs of despis'd love, the law's delay,

The insolence of office, and the spurns

That patient merit of the unworthy takes,

When he himself might his quietus make

With a bare bodkin? who would these fardels bear,

To grunt and sweat under a weary life,

But that the dread of something after death, —

The undiscover'd country, from whose bourn

No traveller returns, — puzzles the will,

And makes us rather bear those ills we have

Than fly to others that we know naught of?

Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;

And thus the native hue of resolution

Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought;

And enterprises of great pith and moment,

With this regard, their currents turn awry,

And lose the name of action.

Sevrin said:
CatraLacourte said:

Anyway, I don't know if it is because I'm not an American, but platinum or not, MFC wouldn't let me purchase more than 900 at a go without sending them a copy of my ID. They said I can always wire them money, but that's kind of a PITA.

Ok... now I am based in the UK and have had no problems buying the 1875 token package... it could be due to which kind of card account you use... with Visa there is no problem apparently.

As to getting a call when being given premium platinum status... nope... I just got an mfc mail to let me know. I don't even remember having spent as much as $1,000 on tokens at that point either. I asked a friend about this who has had a basic members account for about three months and it shows up as being premium platinum on their personal options page... having spent NO cash on tokens... so it must vary from person to person.

How do mfc determine your contribution to the site anyway? Is it solely on numbers of tokens spent, time on the site, number of rooms visited... any or all of the above? Must be a formula for that as well then... :think: :)

WickedTouch said:
Sevrin said:
CatraLacourte said:

Ok... now I am based in the UK and have had no problems buying the 1875 token package... it could be due to which kind of card account you use... with Visa there is no problem apparently.

As to getting a call when being given premium platinum status... nope... I just got an mfc mail to let me know. I don't even remember having spent as much as $1,000 on tokens at that point either. I asked a friend about this who has had a basic members account for about three months and it shows up as being premium platinum on their personal options page... having spent NO cash on tokens... so it must vary from person to person.

How do mfc determine your contribution to the site anyway? Is it solely on numbers of tokens spent, time on the site, number of rooms visited... any or all of the above? Must be a formula for that as well then... :think: :)

Well anything above 900 they put through a different payment gateway (not epoch) so maybe that has something to do with it. Also, I know if you want to request extra credit limit they'll ask you to fax ID etc

acutecamgirl said:

ACuteCamGirl
a cute cam girl
myfreecams
my free cams

OT:
I've watched you as a model for almost two years now and always thought you were adorable... however, your two accounts on this site (the one with the insanely large writing and now your poetry writing one) are odd and shady. This site is fantastic support for us models who work hard every day and don't have a lot of people to talk to about modeling and is also a great place to interact with the amazing guys who come to MFC for more than just oogling us and gives us a a fun and intellectual forum in which to interact with them. I feel like you're just trying to use Amber's awesomeness to promote yourself and that's just wrong. If you had appeared before your website went up or you added anything positive to the forums it would be one thing, but as it stands, it seems like you're just trying to get free advertising. At the very least, use one screen name.

Jupiter551 said:
EllaXoXo said:
Bigger sig and you nailed it!

It's a haiku :p
But... Haiku is 5 7 5... yours is 7 7 5. :think: Am I remembering Haiku format wrong?

I got mine at around 5k points, got an MFC mail form admin adam.

Hi, we just wanted to let you know that your account has just been upgraded from Premium to Platinum Premium, which is our highest level of membership on our website. We specifically select members for Platinum Premium status based on various factors including your loyalty as a member and your contribution to the MyFreeCams community.

As a Platinum Premium member, you will be granted extra features from time to time, including extra token purchase options that will let you purchase tokens in bulk at a slight discount. Additionally, you will receive our highest possible level of customer support. If you ever need anything at all, please contact us and we are at your disposal. To learn more, please visit the My Account section.

Of course, your Platinum Premium membership is free and it is yours for life.

Thank you for being a valued part of the MyFreeCams community!

I have the 3775 package, plus I can make 9 token purchases per day and store up to 100000 tokens in my account.

Status
Not open for further replies.