AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Moderators and access to a models private shows

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2022
Was there ever a time, years back or recently, when a moderator could access their model's private shows? Thank you. Also, if i tastefully spam my models chat with gifs is that really bad, maybe she doesn't mind but it seems like most posts here hate gif spamming moderators even if it is tasteful. I NEVER thank users for tips and i try to only make motivational gif posts, but i do it quite a bit, my model makes pretty boo-coo bucks Thank you!

i try to only make motivational gif posts
There is no such thing. The best way to motivate others to tip is to tip yourself and keep the show going.

Upvote 0
There is no such thing. The best way to motivate others to tip is to tip yourself and keep the show going.
O.K but I am with the model 35 hours a week and after spending 26000 tokens and buying three lovense toys, i seem to have given way to using gifs as requested by my model, but since you are a model, i'm guessing my model just doesn't want to hurt my feelings since i've supported her for five months . by tipping, silencing some and, never giving advice unless asked. I though i was being complimentary by not thanking her clients for their significant generousity, i guess she doesn't need a moderator and maybe i should leave a come back with money as she said she doesn't care about chatters being foul mouthed. Thanks for your experienced wisdom

Upvote 0
In my opinion the best moderators are the ones you don't know are there.
I am appreciative of this response. I have tried all different angles, and settled on postinf gifs , i guess i might have to reevaluate, but when i first started i didn't make custom motivational gifs and it became a way for me to contribute to the ambiance, but i'm certain i need a different perspective as my model may only be trying to not criticise my help as i help her every minute iof the 35-45 hours she is online gratis. thanks for the input

Upvote 0
O.K but I am with the model 35 hours a week and after spending 26000 tokens and buying three lovense toys, i seem to have given way to using gifs as requested by my model, but since you are a model, i'm guessing my model just doesn't want to hurt my feelings since i've supported her for five months . by tipping, silencing some and, never giving advice unless asked. I though i was being complimentary by not thanking her clients for their significant generousity, i guess she doesn't need a moderator and maybe i should leave a come back with money as she said she doesn't care about chatters being foul mouthed. Thanks for your experienced wisdom
Everyone is different, if she told you to post the begging/ motivational gifs then thats what she wants you to do. I look at it from the viewpoint of a new member in the room, there is some guy (because thats all a mod really is imo. just another guy in the chat) that is begging other people in the room to tip in place of him tipping himself, its not a good look and imo will put off more people than it convinces to tip. It's up to thee model to decide how she wants to run the room though, different people run their room differently. For example in my room anyone telling someone else to tip without tipping themselves gets a ban for the day because I personally dont find it to be acceptable behaviour.

Just FYI... Posting gifs is not a substitute for tipping, if you are a mod then lead by example ;)

Upvote 0
Everyone is different, if she told you to post the begging/ motivational gifs then thats what she wants you to do. I look at it from the viewpoint of a new member in the room, there is some guy (because thats all a mod really is imo. just another guy in the chat) that is begging other people in the room to tip in place of him tipping himself, its not a good look and imo will put off more people than it convinces to tip. It's up to thee model to decide how she wants to run the room though, different people run their room differently. For example in my room anyone telling someone else to tip without tipping themselves gets a ban for the day because I personally dont find it to be acceptable behaviour.

Just FYI... Posting gifs is not a substitute for tipping, if you are a mod then lead by example ;)
Excellent words Thanks

Upvote 0
Your job is doing whatever the model tells you to do, and if she wants you to post gifs then do it. I'm just telling you my feelings about it.
Right on Thank you I appreciate everyone i work hard making my own gifs work as a mod full time for free for her, and tip too.and don't want to be an actual pain to her so that's why im asking for experienced wisdom,Thanks again

Upvote 0
thanks to all of you for these words of advise , thoughts and ideas, on mods.. I have been asked to be ,by a model , so i want to learn all i can,,, i am having trouble "paste" gifs from my clipboard into chat box been trying everything ??? any an all help deeply appreciated . thanks mjonzee1

Upvote 0
thanks to all of you for these words of advise , thoughts and ideas, on mods.. I have been asked to be ,by a model , so i want to learn all i can,,, i am having trouble "paste" gifs from my clipboard into chat box been trying everything ??? any an all help deeply appreciated . thanks mjonzee1

Where are you copying and pasting the GIF from? Do you mean from the chat or are you trying to paste them from a different site? If the latter, then you need to upload the GIF from your computer/phone.
Or can you be more specific in what you mean - what you are exactly trying to do?

Upvote 0

GIFs on CB need to be uploaded to CB first and meet certain file size and dimensions criteria. Once it’s on CB, you can post it in a chat by starting with :[name of gif file] (but without the brackets)

Upvote 0
GIFs on CB need to be uploaded to CB first and meet certain file size and dimensions criteria. Once it’s on CB, you can post it in a chat by starting with :[name of gif file] (but without the brackets)

If they are already posted in the chat after being uploaded, you can copy and paste and it works (it copies the shortcut).
One note to make is, since my other post where you liked it where I explained about the dimensions and filesize limit, they have increased the size allowed from 1mb to 2mb @mjonzee1 - so it allows for much better images to be posted.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smoothie
Upvote 0
I don't know why some people are so anxious to be mods. I've never asked to be a mod in anyone else's room (though a couple have made me a mod without me asking, I suspect as a sort of gift), but I've had a few who have tried to get me to make them mods. It may be to cover up their greyness so they appear at the top of the list in red instead of at the bottom in grey. Perhaps they want to appear to be the big man in the room. Perhaps they think it will get them access to private shows or messages. Some use very flowery language ("Please do me the great honour of making me a moderator in your wonderful room") others just say "mod". If I ask why they say things like "I can help you get more tokens". No you can't, the best way you can get me more tokens is to buy some and give them to me, not try to persuade others to tip in the hope of getting a free show for yourself. As KingMarti points out, posting "motivational" (begging) gifs is no substitute for tipping yourself.

Incidentally, in one girl's room which I used to visit a lot and had several long privates, even the studio owner wasn't a mod. He explained to me in a private message that he deliberately wasn't a mod because he thought that the presence of a mod in a room could seem intimidating to other users. An interesting thought, and one I think I agree with.

Upvote 0
tastefully spam my models chat with gifs
Big contradiction there.

after spending 26000 tokens and buying three lovense toys, i seem to have given way to using gifs as requested by my model
Also I would avoid referring to how many tokens you've given to the model, it's a bad look

my model just doesn't want to hurt my feelings
not 'yours' btw.

never giving advice unless asked.
unless you're a model, or have been, advice is meaningless. You might have some suggestions if asked, but you'd be helping far better if you pointed her to ACF for solid experience and advice from models.

Upvote 0
thank you i've got that much so far...learned how to load up my clipbook,,,now want to learn how to load my clipboard with my clipbook,,,,i succeeded in paste gifs from clipboard to text box , so far so good . thanks to all yin's help.

Upvote 0
If they are already posted in the chat after being uploaded, you can copy and paste and it works (it copies the shortcut).
One note to make is, since my other post where you liked it where I explained about the dimensions and filesize limit, they have increased the size allowed from 1mb to 2mb @mjonzee1 - so it allows for much better images to be posted.
thanks for the info.....

Upvote 0
thank you

Upvote 0
Where are you copying and pasting the GIF from? Do you mean from the chat or are you trying to paste them from a different site? If the latter, then you need to upload the GIF from your computer/phone.
Or can you be more specific in what you mean - what you are exactly trying to do?
i am useing "prophets gifs page" and little by little learning by trial an error , but more from all you nice helpful people . thank you useing the "clip book" and "clipboard" ???

Upvote 0
Big contradiction there.

Also I would avoid referring to how many tokens you've given to the model, it's a bad look

not 'yours' btw.

unless you're a model, or have been, advice is meaningless. You might have some suggestions if asked, but you'd be helping far better if you pointed her to ACF for solid experience and advice from models.
Thanks for these comments not pertinent but thanks

Upvote 0
Thanks for these comments not pertinent but thanks

I think rockin_rod's comments to you are pertinent. Your first post in the thread asked "If I tastefully spam my models chat with gifs, is that really bad?." He answered your question, and commented on a few other things you'd mentioned doing. I happen to agree with everything he'd suggested to you. If you'd like to be a moderator who doesn't get on people's nerves and drives others away, it'd be wise to listen to the suggestions given to you in this thread.

Upvote 0
I think rockin_rod's comments to you are pertinent. Your first post in the thread asked "If I tastefully spam my models chat with gifs, is that really bad?." He answered your question, and commented on a few other things you'd mentioned doing. I happen to agree with everything he'd suggested to you. If you'd like to be a moderator who doesn't get on people's nerves and drives others away, it'd be wise to listen to the suggestions given to you in this thread.
not pertinent as the model asked me to stop tipping and spam her page with gifs, i only replied that i tipped 26,000 thousand tokens as someone had told me the best support was tipping, and i only referred to her as "my" model not in the possessive sense but in the identifying sense, so his comments are not pertinent to me, they are opinions that have no bearing on my OP, that's how i justify my comment

Upvote 0
not pertinent as the model asked me to stop tipping and spam her page with gifs, i only replied that i tipped 26,000 thousand tokens as someone had told me the best support was tipping, and i only referred to her as "my" model not in the possessive sense but in the identifying sense, so his comments are not pertinent to me, they are opinions that have no bearing on my OP, that's how i justify my comment
Well if she asked you to spam the room just do it, no need to ask "it is ok to spam". Rocking_rod simply replied to your question. In that sense, if wether or not it is ok to spam is not pertinent, then your question wasn't pertinent to start with.

Upvote 0

Okay, so then there's no point in you asking us if spamming GIFs is "really bad"...if you're just gonna turn around and tell us "It's not pertinent" and "your model" asked you to. Lol.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry, but 35 hours a week??

I noticed that some members on here are pretty serious about cam sites and their moderator duties, and I get the impression that some are putting in like 10-20 hours (per week) of their time...if not more.

35 hours/week is a lot! Damn. 👀

Upvote 0
I noticed that some members on here are pretty serious about cam sites and their moderator duties, and I get the impression that some are putting in like 10-20 hours (per week) of their time...if not more.

35 hours/week is a lot! Damn. 👀
yes, i work all of her hours, she is my friend and i have been with her for 6 months. I was a knight on Stripchat with her before, but her studio shut down so she is only on CB. I wish she would come here but she won't.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.