AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

No one tipping?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's fine .. but that cb one is weird. Ppl give Valentines to their friends and kids and pets now. I think leaning into like "vday themed photo sets" "vday discounts!" Etc makes more sense than whatever this cb thing is

It was on the official CB Twitter feed, a few of the regs were discussing it in a room last night so I went to check it out.

Found it. It's a contest where if you fill it out you can win $$$

Not a fan

Aaaand if we go down the rabbit hole a bit we can see some problematic behavior it has encouraged already

It is the pinned tweet on the CB official Twitter. Creepy if you ask me.
Oh my. That's...I have to see this...

What in the actual fuck?
Chaturbate.com

@chaturbate
·
Feb 7

Tell us who you love! Save and fill out this template telling us why you love the #Chaturbate broadcaster or user you nominated. Post the completed template on your Twitter, tag
@Chaturbate
and use the hashtag #CBValentine2023 for a chance to win $300. https://chaturbate.com/contest-rules/

The cammer should get the money.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
It comes across really immature, like it’s an essay contest from an old issue of Tiger Beat or something. Not only encouraging people to write at length about a model they “love” but incentivizing it by promising the “best” entry a cash prize. Woof.
The criterion is so arbitrary, it's ridiculous.

Reactions: Smoothie
With the traffic and/or tipping reduction discussed in this thread, I'm curious how the models view several of the site's promotion of Valentine's Day?
One one hand, anything that might generate more tips ought to be a win-win, but IDK..... seems to go against having a clear separation of camming sites from dating sites.
So... models, what are your thoughts on Valentine's promos like the one below? Bit of fun, or unhelpful re: boundaries?
View attachment 95341

Once again Chaturbate continues to make me facepalm…..

These sites never fail to find a way to try to capitalize off of each and every holiday 😂

They should word it different imo, but at the same time I guess people probably are to assume not to take it too seriously given context. However the weirdest people never get context, nuance, or even have a semblance of any awareness of any of that so... you cannot trust them to get that.

These sites never fail to find a way to try to capitalize off of each and every holiday 😂

They should word it different imo, but at the same time I guess people probably are to assume not to take it too seriously given context. However the weirdest people never get context, nuance, or even have a semblance of any awareness of any of that so... you cannot trust them to get that.

I wonder who at CB got the fun assignment of reading all of these entries and judging them. And if they’ll make the mistake of rewarding one of the members that takes it way too seriously.

Found it. It's a contest where if you fill it out you can win $$$

Not a fan

Aaaand if we go down the rabbit hole a bit we can see some problematic behavior it has encouraged already

"It seems you don't know how to forgive me." WOW. :vomit: I really hope people don't get on there badgering the poor model with "Come on, give the poor guy another chance." Ugh.

@shygumbo Support can actually see when the account was verified and when it started streaming. They check if it's true that you missed it before reinstating.
I owe you many thanks @Olive. I just got the NEW tag applied to my account for the next three days.. Thankfully it's three days I should be able to get on cam, so I'll be sure to make the most of it. Thanks again!

Reactions: Olive
Yeah I saw that promo all I could think was maybe nominating myself to avoid any awkwardness.
I get using valentines day as a promo but think they also forget that many of the people on cb r lonely, mentally immature, not mentally healthy or a misogynist.

Many Vids also has a valentine's competition, although much less creepily labelled. From a member's perspective, voting for your favourite model can seem a bit futile. Unless your favourite model is already in the top 10% of models on the site then the chances of them winning one of the cash prizes is slim. I mean obviously, they still get the money you donate to vote but because members vote with dollars and not tokens, it doesn't count towards overall site ranking which seems a bit unfair.

Reactions: MarieElise
Yeah I saw that promo all I could think was maybe nominating myself to avoid any awkwardness.
I’ll vote for you, even though I don’t know you. That’s hilarious 😆

• Funny!
Reactions: Highlander884
Many Vids also has a valentine's competition, although much less creepily labelled. From a member's perspective, voting for your favourite model can seem a bit futile. Unless your favourite model is already in the top 10% of models on the site then the chances of them winning one of the cash prizes is slim. I mean obviously, they still get the money you donate to vote but because members vote with dollars and not tokens, it doesn't count towards overall site ranking which seems a bit unfair.

This is one of the things that bugs me about contests in general...where it's "the audience choose the winner." Whether it's those ManyVids contests...or a talent contest. When you leave it up to the audience to choose, it's going to pretty much be a popularity contest. And naturally, people are going to vote for their family member, significant other, or friend, even if that person's entry wasn't actually their favorite. You could have Roseanne Barr's (1990) singing voice, and still win a contest because you brought along the most people to vote for you.

YBF Tangent Time...
I was in a talent show last fall where the winner was determined by audience votes. *Sigh* I prefer contests where voting is done by a panel of judges...or secret judges who are in the room., but oh well. Lol. When the emcee said "And our grand prize winner is...," the other contestants looked at me because they expected my name to be called (I did too tbh). Nope, the name announced was the young lady who'd brought the largest group of family members to the show. I didn't bring anyone, because when I participate in these things I usually like to go alone. After the show one of the organizers told me that an anonymous person wants to know my CashApp info, because he/she wants to send me money. The person sent me $100 with a note saying "You sounded fantastic," and it was the emcee. ❤️

I mean obviously, they still get the money you donate to vote but because members vote with dollars and not tokens, it doesn't count towards overall site ranking which seems a bit unfair.

It does count towards your MV score. Any income you make, whether it's from videos, custom vids, store items, contest votes or tokens (once converted into earnings) counts towards your overall score/site rank. It just doesn't count towards your MV Live Score.

I'm not big on their contests and I've only ever been in the contests where I was automatically nominated and put in (MV Vid of the Year), never entered one on my own. I do think they're just a big popularity contest, but I understand why MV does them. It incentives models to get customers to spend more money, which means the site makes more money.

This is one of the things that bugs me about contests in general...where it's "the audience choose the winner." Whether it's those ManyVids contests...or a talent contest. When you leave it up to the audience to choose, it's going to pretty much be a popularity contest. And naturally, people are going to vote for their family member, significant other, or friend, even if that person's entry wasn't actually their favorite. You could have Roseanne Barr's (1990) singing voice, and still win a contest because you brought along the most people to vote for you.

YBF Tangent Time...
I was in a talent show last fall where the winner was determined by audience votes. *Sigh* I prefer contests where voting is done by a panel of judges...or secret judges who are in the room., but oh well. Lol. When the emcee said "And our grand prize winner is...," the other contestants looked at me because they expected my name to be called (I did too tbh). Nope, the name announced was the young lady who'd brought the largest group of family members to the show. I didn't bring anyone, because when I participate in these things I usually like to go alone. After the show one of the organizers told me that an anonymous person wants to know my CashApp info, because he/she wants to send me money. The person sent me $100 with a note saying "You sounded fantastic," and it was the emcee. ❤️
Of course, Many Vids competitions are not that transparent from a member perspective.

Contests (from what I can see) are the only place on MV where the member pays more than they think they are paying. If I make it rain for $20, I pay $20. If I buy 200 tokens at $19.99, I pay $19.99. However, if I buy $20 worth of votes, I pay $24.

Presumably that extra $4 goes in the prize pot, because it certainly doesn't go to the model you voted for. She just gets her usual cut from what I've been told. Of course, the extra $4 is not critical but the lack of transparency is annoying. I don't mind paying more if the model gets more but this feels like MV making double bubble on it.

I mean, they are already taking 20% and competitions presumably generate increased income for them, so why not fund prizes out of the 20%?

It does count towards your MV score. Any income you make, whether it's from videos, custom vids, store items, contest votes or tokens (once converted into earnings) counts towards your overall score/site rank. It just doesn't count towards your MV Live Score.
Yeah, I continually mix up the two, although the model I visit only cares about her MV Live score so my point still applies in her case.

Contests (from what I can see) are the only place on MV where the member pays more than they think they are paying. If I make it rain for $20, I pay $20. If I buy 200 tokens at $19.99, I pay $19.99. However, if I buy $20 worth of votes, I pay $24.

I didn’t know this. Does it just show up when you’re at checkout as $24 instead of $20 or does it say what the added 20% is for?

This is kind of annoying to know, because whenever MV made the decision to cut the MV top earner’s bonuses they said that money would be going instead to contest winnings. So, I’m curious if this was the case before the bonuses got cut and they started doing a ton more contests.

I didn’t know this. Does it just show up when you’re at checkout as $24 instead of $20 or does it say what the added 20% is for?

This is kind of annoying to know, because whenever MV made the decision to cut the MV top earner’s bonuses they said that money would be going instead to contest winnings. So, I’m curious if this was the case before the bonuses got cut and they started doing a ton more contests.
Yeah, what happens is that MV seems to quote prices inclusive of local tax for some things but not for others. In the case of votes they quote you without tax, which gets added on at checkout. They also advertise fan club memberships prices before tax as well. In the latter case this is to make it seem like a better price.

When you use the make it rain feature (the dollar one, not the token one) you pay exactly $10 in total because the tax is included. When you do $10 of votes though, it ends up being $12 once the tax is applied. However to the member, both are marketed as the same $10 tip.

• Wat?!
Reactions: MarieElise
I'm guessing the Super Bowl didn't help traffic last night. I spent the evening with my favourite model and I was the only person in her room for the majority of the night. Now that might have just been a Sunday thing but it seemed excessively quiet. She was glad of the company because she was going crazy with the silence.

• Hugs
Reactions: anabeauty37
I'm guessing the Super Bowl didn't help traffic last night. I spent the evening with my favourite model and I was the only person in her room for the majority of the night. Now that might have just been a Sunday thing but it seemed excessively quiet. She was glad of the company because she was going crazy with the silence.
Yeah, the Super Bowl is huge even for non football fans because SB parties area huge tradition and the halftime show and commercials are as popular (or more) as the game.

From what I saw, some models I visit had really good mornings though. Can't say if it is a trend or just them

I gotta say, I know this is an unpopular opinion, but im grateful for these slow times. Let me tell you why:

It releases high expectations, therefore pressure.
It feeds my spirit, since I'm catching up on reading and focusing more on innovation
More energy for content creation
I get to relax more
My other streams of income are flowing in (I hope to God yours are too!)
I can discern more between freeloaders and kind of tell them to kindly fuck off

Reactions: CallMeMaria
I gotta say, I know this is an unpopular opinion, but im grateful for these slow times. Let me tell you why:

It releases high expectations, therefore pressure.
It feeds my spirit, since I'm catching up on reading and focusing more on innovation
More energy for content creation
I get to relax more
My other streams of income are flowing in (I hope to God yours are too!)
I can discern more between freeloaders and kind of tell them to kindly fuck off
I am with you on this, kind of. My line of thought is that since I am still doing reasonably well during these quiet times, it must get amazing when things really pick up again. Assuming of course they will.

Reactions: SensualJade
Has anyone noticed an increase in tippers within the last week? After mostly dead shows with just a handful of lurkers through January I’ve had at least one or two decent tippers my last few shows. Not really any huge spenders, but at least it’s been something. These are folks I’ve seen in my room before to so it’s not even necessarily due to getting my NEW tag back, but it has also been a couple of new viewers too. Could just be some good luck, but hopefully it’s more of a sign that tipping is on its way back up and everyone is seeing the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.