AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Participating in a study

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2015
Hi,

I'm a CS Student at USC and as part of my online marketing class I'm having a study regarding sexting and its influence on social networks.
Since I'd like to reflect and give first-hand insights, I came up with the idea of trying to reach out to you. I believe this community is a great way of doing that.

I am willing to pay (not sure what is the proper amount) someone who can and willing to participate by simply answering a set of general questions, mainly to understand how stuff looks from your end.
I think the best way to do that would be to have a short email correspondence, in which I'll describe the questions in more details and get your reference.

Models who are also active on Snapchat (or similar networks) would be ideal.
My email is janeostraya@gmail.com.
Please reply here or drop me an email in case that sounds relevant.

Let me know what you think,
I'd appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks.

Reactions: Serenity_Tam
I've been on both ends of this, so I can share a bit of insight on both sides as to what might be helpful if this is a legit study.

1. Since it is university related, you would need to show some type of credentials that can be verified that it is a legit study, so a great platform might be a university portal. Should be easy to do, and this would indicate to the people who might want to participate that is it indeed a legit study.

2. You would need some type of ethics statement attached to it, as well as disclosure and non-disclosure forms. This lets the person you are surveying know the terms of your study and how their information will be used.

3. Generally you want at least 30 people in your population sample. This helps deal with any outliers in your study, especially if it is quantitative. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, would be happy to go into more detail, but you probably already know.

4. As far as compensation, and from my experience, usually the payment is between $75-200 per survey, but I've seen them as low as $5-10. I also get a lot of these in the mail from the Veteran's Administration about various areas of concern, and usually they offer me $75, but I usually don't do them. However, let me also state that often the $5-10 is more like a fee for consideration to review the survey, and then the person has to decide to take or reject the survey once they have reviewed it. You will get people that will automatically say no and just run with the money, but you also get some retention which can save you money in the long run. A plus to this is that you might get people who are more sincere and want to actually take your survey, rather than someone who might just try to make smiley faces with the dots on your survey form.

A good thing might be to let people know how many questions, in what format the information will be taken, what info is required (name, address, e-mail, etc...), and a brief explanation of how their information will be used, and also secured.

Sorry if I have missed anything. It has been a few years since I've been in this space, but that's generally how it works. Hope it's legit and good luck. :)

Reactions: AmericanQT
Thanks for taking the time to write such a complete response.
This narrow study is an independent initiative I came up with for a specific assignment we've got, rather than a formal university thing.
I think 30 people is more than I actually need for my scale, if I could get responses from 10-15 people it would be really great. I know the findings won't suffice for definite conclusions, but it's fine for my current need.

It's important to stress that the whole thing is totally anonymous. The only required thing is the responder country and cam username.
No e-mail, name and definitely no address is needed.
The format will be an online form with ~10 questions (yes-no\open); and I think a compensation of $30 would be fair.

I really appreciate your notes and hopefully it made things clearer.
Let me know if there are any further details that might help.

Reactions: AmericanQT
$30 is actually pretty fair if it's only 10 questions. A lot of the $75+ ones can be 3 or more pages long. Best wishes with your project.

And just in case your curious, this is why a lot of times they're that long. A lot of the questions are used as kind of like "checks and balances" system, meaning they'll ask similar questions and see if the answers validate each other. I'll give a quick example:

"Do you experience bouts of depression?"
"Do you have mood swings?"
"Do you ever experience highs and lows throughout your day?"

The questions are all very similar, and they're randomized throughout the study to see if the person being surveyed is legitimately answering the questions or just checking things.. Anyway, that was just a quick FYI.

Hmm, I'd be more inclined to trust this if it was from a seasoned member of the community. Maybe with someone who has 100+ posts or someone who is an avid member of the adult entertainment community. But coming from someone new to the community, I'm a little hesitant. Hopefully you understand my concern.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Hmm, I'd be more inclined to trust this if it was from a seasoned member of the community. Maybe with someone who has 100+ posts or someone who is an avid member of the adult entertainment community. But coming from someone new to the community, I'm a little hesitant. Hopefully you understand my concern.

I understand your wariness, but I mean, really, what kind of questions do you think you'll be asked that might be untrustworthy? If you do agree to do it, and you feel uncomfortable or no longer want to participate, just kindly decline. Hopefully the OP will wait to send the money until he/she receives your answers.

That being said, OP, I'm confused as to exactly what you are looking to accomplish with this. You say that your essay is about sexting and its effect on social media (which I can't even BEGIN to figure out what you mean by that), but you want to ask camgirls about camming? It's just very confusing.

I am a non-nude model, and I don't do sexting or girlfriend experience or anything sexual, so would my answers be helpful to you? Are you looking specifically for models who offer phone sex or texting? There are just so many different styles to camming that you might want to clarify exactly who/what you're looking for so that you get more responses. But I'll answer your questions, if you want. Just PM me.

I'm not really sure what the correlation between cam girls and social media sexting is as far as the vanilla population goes, but I will bite. I'd be happy to participate if you're still looking for folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.