AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Percentage Models in a Studio Typically Get

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2022
Was curious to know if there is any certain percentage paid from earning to my employees. It's apparent a lot of girls in my country have and are continually being exploited. Over time i managed to befriend a number

and meet personally. Hearing some of their stories are saddening really. Many are single mothers/ college students with literally no other way of earning. I met this girl whom i really liked. Lovely shows and is a

beautiful soul too. She'd earn $1500 approx per month. A very good salary where im from. However she'd onnly part with $400 dollars. I old her im planning to start a studio once im back in the country (1month

away). She begged if she could join, to which i told her i'd love to help but once i start it off since i struck a deal with 2 models. Don't get me wrong, i'm not doing this as charity work, i also hope to earn and manage

them to be better models. I broadcasted in the past so i have a fairly good idea of how to go about things. Strangely enough i found out most of the ''pimps'' studio owners are

women and former broadcasters. Many have been involved in sketchy business.

So I'm completely new to this industry, but after a few days of reading articles, forum posts, and reddit posts, it seems like the average a studio takes from a model is usually 20%-30%.

I've recently opened a small studio, and I take 50% of the revenue (which seems to be larger than usual), in return I'm taking care of everything behind the scenes and offering a base pay of USD$6.00/hour (which is more than what most people make in my location).

I'd love to connect when you're setting up your studio! I've been building video games and websites for 10+ years, so there's probably some way we can help each other.

From what I have always been told from models they have to split 40 - 60% with studios, most of them 50%.
The 30% is what they get from some sites such as Streamate and Livejasmin - then that 30% they need to split with their studio (2 different things).

Reactions: anabeauty37
When I was with a studio in Colombia we were paid a percentage based off what we earned. It started at 50% and went to 70% with 5% increases. I remember 50% was if you made under 12.500 tokens and 70% was over 40.000 tokens. I believe it is the same way with them still. Other studios in the area had a flat rate of 50% or 60%, most were 50%.

What
So I'm completely new to this industry, but after a few days of reading articles, forum posts, and reddit posts, it seems like the average a studio takes from a model is usually 20%-30%.

I've recently opened a small studio, and I take 50% of the revenue (which seems to be larger than usual), in return I'm taking care of everything behind the scenes and offering a base pay of USD$6.00/hour (which is more than what most people make in my location).

I'd love to connect when you're setting up your studio! I've been building video games and websites for 10+ years, so there's probably some way we can help each other.
What do you mean exactly by you take care of everything behind the scene? I'm actually offering the models accommodation, so 5 days of the week or however many days the wish to work (5 days or more) they will stay there. Rent is cheap here so its a small cut from their earnings. I'm also inclined to do 40-50 pc.
Smart idea of having a base pay.

Sure thing feel free to dm me and we can bounce around ideas. I'm sure Ican learn a thing or two from you.

When I was with a studio in Colombia we were paid a percentage based off what we earned. It started at 50% and went to 70% with 5% increases. I remember 50% was if you made under 12.500 tokens and 70% was over 40.000 tokens. I believe it is the same way with them still. Other studios in the area had a flat rate of 50% or 60%, most were 50%.
Thanks what would you average per day? I'm a guy and was doing it for fun and extra money so i never really took it seriously. I'd average around 800 a day. Only would stream about 4 times a week though.
Weekends higher and as low as 400-500 on slow days. I'm looking to set up an incentive similar to that. One question about the studio account, can models linked to my account tip others?

From what I have always been told from models they have to split 40 - 60% with studios, most of them 50%.
The 30% is what they get from some sites such as Streamate and Livejasmin - then that 30% they need to split with their studio (2 different things).
Where does that 70pc go to , have fully understood the second line.

Where does that 70pc go to , have fully understood the second line.

I don't know the exacts, but 70% goes to the website, not to the model.
Some sites offer an increase for every XX they earn. I can't remember the exact amount but for example sake, I know Livejasmin offer something like the model gets 30%, to begin with then when they earn $100 or $200 their cut will increase to 35%.. if they then hit another marker such as $500 in that same week/period their cut goes to 40%, and so on These were pure examples. I am sure it can be found someone through search either here or google (I think it has been posted here before)

I don't know the exacts, but 70% goes to the website, not to the model.
Some sites offer an increase for every XX they earn. I can't remember the exact amount but for example sake, I know Livejasmin offer something like the model gets 30%, to begin with then when they earn $100 or $200 their cut will increase to 35%.. if they then hit another marker such as $500 in that same week/period their cut goes to 40%, and so on These were pure examples. I am sure it can be found someone through search either here or google (I think it has been posted here before)
I understand you now. Darn they tax heavily lol.

If you're completely new to this industry what exactly are you offering the models that would justify taking 50% of their earnings?

What

What do you mean exactly by you take care of everything behind the scene? I'm actually offering the models accommodation, so 5 days of the week or however many days the wish to work (5 days or more) they will stay there. Rent is cheap here so its a small cut from their earnings. I'm also inclined to do 40-50 pc.
Smart idea of having a base pay.

Sure thing feel free to dm me and we can bounce around ideas. I'm sure Ican learn a thing or two from you.
If you're completely new to this industry what exactly are you offering the models that would justify taking 50% of their earnings?

I offer base pay, marketing, custom websites, equipment, accommodation, etc.
As of right now, each model has a slightly different agreement. Basically, the more work the model does, the bigger the cut they get (as expected).

When I've first started my studio (because I had no knowledge how to run a business) all performers, all 4 of them (don't laugh I was proud to have a legit business working with webcam performers) -- their earning was 100% theirs , no % to studio because I was interested in doing their profile designs and I earned from what these webcam performers referred as clients, in fact they had commision on my works too. A. Vegas, Alicia Secrets, joey kim, that cute girl from "Pawn Stars" were good customers. Cute times yet I don't regret those days

When I've first started my studio (because I had no knowledge how to run a business) all performers, all 4 of them (don't laugh I was proud to have a legit business working with webcam performers) -- their earning was 100% theirs , no % to studio because I was interested in doing their profile designs and I earned from what these webcam performers referred as clients, in fact they had commision on my works too. A. Vegas, Alicia Secrets, joey kim, that cute girl from "Pawn Stars" were good customers. Cute times yet I don't regret those days
Would the referrels make you enough money. Very charitable of you!

Reactions: Dan N
Would the referrels make you enough money. Very charitable of you!
100-700 USD for a MyFreeCams design , 100-1700 USD for a single Chaturbate profile design plus a couple of OBS overlays, back in 2017 - 2019
These days I kind of automated the whole process and I can afford to focus on other projects.
It's not about charity because adult industry is nothing like that. The idea was to make my collaborators happy and make them earn as much as possible and if they earned I earned... a concept I use in my current activities in both companies I've invested so I might be doing something good.
Camgirl.Cloud is online since 2016 (multinational project) and still up and running, which means it is running on profit.
Charity and adult industry have no place in the same sentence. Nobody fucks (or any other adult activity related) for charity, from pity maybe, but not for charity as far as I know.

I'm curious to know myself - what is so appealing about the thought of owning a studio?

I'm serious. Why Do you guys think it's glamourous or thrilling to have a virtual cathouse?
I should not be answering this I guess, as I do not have any real aspirations to be a studio owner. But if I did, it would be so I could provide a safe and secure place with good quality infrastructure and support, both technical and emotional/mental so that models could concentrate on "doing their thing".

I have always been a sex-positive kind of guy, and also very female "friendly". I like women. I do not mean, like most guys mean when they say that, that I like to have sex with them, although I do! Throughout my life most of my close meaningful friendships have been with women (not friends with benefits, just "plain ole" platonic friendships).

I doubt that there are many opportunities for studios to be successful in Australia anyway, (unless they are exploiting the models) as our internet infrastructure is not as good (or as reasonably priced) as it should be, and the average wage for even unskilled adult aged workers here in vanilla-land is in the vicinity of $25 an hour. I think any Australian models would have to be earning a *lot* of tokens to make it worthwhile (on a purely financial basis) for them to cam. Maybe this is why I see so few on SC, and why their set-ups are very amateur, unless they are one of the ones I see lately who are claiming to be Latina *and* Australian. (Not sure how that can happen on SC, I might have to start a SC thread about that.)

However, I am sure there are lot of these "I'm gonna start a studio" guys we see here on ACF who are of the mindset of "if I own a candy store I probably can get to try the chocolates sometimes for free." (in a cam studio scenario.. Eww!)

It is a valid opinion.

But in some countries, for some models, they do provide a worthwhile service. Or may be the only way for those certain models to be able to stream.
I understand not everyone is in a situation where broadcasting from their own homes is possible.

The studios on Chaturbate are insanely irritating. Every three seconds the model has to blurt out, "follow me here, here, here and here and you've got five minutes to make this goal happen or we're starting over," repeat ad nauseam. It's not sexy or appealing to me but I'm not a guy with my dick in my hand looking for a good time. I'm on the other side trying to provide a good time.

It's so fake and all about the tokens and then these guys have the nerve to come into my room while I'm trying to do things organically and accuse ME of being all about the tokens when I mention we have a goal to meet. *head desk*

I understand not everyone is in a situation where broadcasting from their own homes is possible.

The studios on Chaturbate are insanely irritating. Every three seconds the model has to blurt out, "follow me here, here, here and here and you've got five minutes to make this goal happen or we're starting over," repeat ad nauseam. It's not sexy or appealing to me but I'm not a guy with my dick in my hand looking for a good time. I'm on the other side trying to provide a good time.

It's so fake and all about the tokens and then these guys have the nerve to come into my room while I'm trying to do things organically and accuse ME of being all about the tokens when I mention we have a goal to meet. *head desk*
Interesting, I have never seen that behaviour in any room I have visited on SC (I do not use CB or any other site) and in my early days there I know I was in a lot of studio models' rooms.

I agree that such behaviour would mean I would not be making a return visit.

ETA I just realised that I have a tendency to say "Interesting" a lot. I sound like a knock-off Mr fucking Spock!!!!!
Please believe me everyone that I do genuinely find things interesting when I say that :)

Interesting, I have never seen that behaviour in any room I have visited on SC (I do not use CB or any other site) and in my early days there I know I was in a lot of studio models' rooms.

I agree that such behaviour would mean I would not be making a return visit.
Yet, they often have the most traffic because one of their admins is posting their content to Reddit to boost their viewership. It's all quite tacky and not what camming was originally supposed to be about.

In my opinion, and I'm aware no one asked for it, is studios should be illegal. There. I said it.
In some countries, they are (i.e. where camming itself is illegal).
Sometimes that can reduce the risk to a model that an indie would have, because in those countries the studio owners/managers become the primary target for authorities - either for punishment, or to extort payment to leave them alone.
It's very lucrative for the studio owners, but because of that there's huge pressure on the models to work massive hours and 6-7 days a week, so that transfers into the continuous churn of new models on the scene.

I realize I sound like I am "gate-keeping" when I said that's not how camming was supposed to be, things evolve and grow and it's inevitable there will be unsavory parts to the game. I've always seen it as a way for your everyday Joe and Jane to get together and have a great time, not to become a brand in the sex industry.

That probably doesn't make sense in today's world and I get why they push so hard and have strict rules, I just think if your true goal is to provide a safe haven for these people to broadcast then you shouldn't be taking anything more than 15% of their earnings and write the cost of providing the studio locations off on your taxes. But that's not what studio owners do. They take a piece of something that's already being chipped away by the site's cut and tax requirements.

Reactions: ArcticKitty
In my opinion, and I'm aware no one asked for it, is studios should be illegal. There. I said it.

I feel the same. I don't have any objection to a service that simply provides working rooms and equipment and payment/currency conversion for a percentage like a turnkey office. But when I think of studios, I think of abuse and exploitation. Gods know there are a lot of horror stories out there.

Reactions: Vixxen81
I feel the same. I don't have any objection to a service that simply provides working rooms and equipment and payment/currency conversion for a percentage like a turnkey office. But when I think of studios, I think of abuse and exploitation. Gods know there are a lot of horror stories out there.
It breaks my heart every time I hear that someone gets railroaded by these guys. Fined for not answering a question fast enough or wearing the wrong outfit or not making enough goals that day? Nah. That's abuse and intimidation at the least.

when I think of studios, I think of abuse and exploitation. Gods know there are a lot of horror stories out there.
Abuse and exploitation happen in many industries. Reality is that working for a studio in some countries is one of the few ways that someone can work and bring home money. Keeping it legal provides the best protection for these workers.

Abuse and exploitation happen in many industries. Reality is that working for a studio in some countries is one of the few ways that someone can work and bring home money. Keeping it legal provides the best protection for these workers.
We can agree to disagree.

That’s a very good point. If operating a cam studio is something people will still try to do even if it’s illegal, then giving them a legal option (even if heavily regulated) could keep a percentage of the models safer than sending the whole operation underground.

Reactions: Ozzie_
Status
Not open for further replies.