AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pet Peeves, yo.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When the naked goal isn't quite complete, and a regular (who hardly ever tips) puts one of my favorite regulars (who always tips) on the spot by saying "Come on, man. You holding out on her?" :roll: Dude...YOU may choose to be stingy and hold onto your tokens for dear life, but DO NOT put one of my coolest regulars/best spenders on the spot like that just because you like to sit there all night waiting for the same 1 or 2 people to tip the entire countdown. SHAME ON YOU. :naughty:

The_Brown_Fox said:
When the naked goal isn't quite complete, and a regular (who hardly ever tips) puts one of my favorite regulars (who always tips) on the spot by saying "Come on, man. You holding out on her?" :roll: Dude...YOU may choose to be stingy and hold onto your tokens for dear life, but DO NOT put one of my coolest regulars/best spenders on the spot like that just because you like to sit there all night waiting for the same 1 or 2 people to tip the entire countdown. SHAME ON YOU. :naughty:

I had been ninja tipping like I normally do, and some scrub had the nerve to tell me to tip. He had barely tipped anything at all. Some people need to learn the model is in charge of the room, not their broke ass.

Wet bathroom counters! Are men genetically wired not to be able stand at the sink and wash their hands without splashing everywhere?

Posers.
Basically, just anyone who says they're something that they aren't.
If you need to label yourself, do it correctly.

Owning a Batman shirt doesn't make you a geek.
Fauxhawks don't make you punk.
Seeing Bring It On doesn't make you a cheerleader.
Watching Naruto doesn't make you an otaku.

BlahBlahBlah.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Chellelovesu said:
Posers.

Fauxhawks are the one hairstyle to make all punks hate you. It's like wearing a big shirt that says "I'm a douche who wants to ram into people tonight and blame it on punk instead of just being an asshole. I don't listen to punk music, or personally know any punks, but I'm hoping to injure a few in the pit."

VeronicaChaos said:
Chellelovesu said:
Posers.

Fauxhawks are the one hairstyle to make all punks hate you. It's like wearing a big shirt that says "I'm a douche who wants to ram into people tonight and blame it on punk instead of just being an asshole. I don't listen to punk music, or personally know any punks, but I'm hoping to injure a few in the pit."

I personally don't have a problem with the hairstyle itself, since it's become so popular that it is barely related to punk most of the time.
But when someone talks about how much of a punk they are, while having one, I become condescending quite quickly.
I wouldn't say I'm a punk by any means. I'm most likely the "geek".
So if I can tell they're a poser, I don't know what kind of earful those people would get from the real, die-hard punk fans.

Reactions: LadyLuna
camstory said:
LadyLuna said:
When a member comes in and tries to promote shows for me... especially when they are shows I don't do!
:laughing-lettersrofl: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: you understand I'm not making light of this, very annoying no doubt, but that's some funny shit.
I've fucking had this happen before too! Some dude came in during a yellow wall he had suggested, after everyone had already started it. literally, we were like 10 lines into it when he said "let's do a yellow wall!" and then started counting down from some mystery number for a pussy closeup I has zero idea about. "59 until pussy closeup! 58 until pussy closeup!"
When it dawned on me finally and I said "wait, did you seriously just create your own countdown?" he said "well it's the least you could do considering I started this yellow wall for you..." :shock:
This was the most hilariously insane thing that has ever happened to me on MFC.

Chellelovesu said:
Posers.

My pet peeve is that word.
Who is the grand deciding power that gets to say what another person is or isn't?
If someone doesn't adhere to what you personally feel like defines any of these things, what's the big deal?

Reactions: JickyJuly
NoelleBright said:
Chellelovesu said:
Posers.

My pet peeve is that word.
Who is the grand deciding power that gets to say what another person is or isn't?
If someone doesn't adhere to what you personally feel like defines any of these things, what's the big deal?

It annoys me because it is a lie.
When a person is a "poser", they are giving a false image of themselves to other people.
They know what the label means when they use it.

I don't know about anyone else, but it irks me when people lie to me.
It makes me feel like I won't be able to trust them

It also makes it hard to find other people with similar hobbies or interests when people say they're into something, and they're not.

Reactions: bob and LadyLuna
To me, a poser is someone who has 1 or 2 likes/dislikes that pertain to the label they're trying to apply, but no more than that.

Anyone with who fits at least 3 of the stereotypes has a right to call themselves that label.

So I get pissed when people say I'm not a geek just cause I don't play chess, or because I'm not filled with useless trivia about a specific show. I'm sorry, I don't know every detail about the things I like. But the fact remains that I do love LOTR, and the works of Heinlein, and Guild Wars, and Star Trek, and Star Wars, and lego's, and Firefly, and Fringe, and Mathematics, and reading in general, especially sci fi/fantasy. I like watching anime but I don't do it that often, because I prefer to read rather than watch anything. (And no, that was not a comprehensive list of my likes.)

Agree. Plus term or labels like geek or nerd aren't really official anythings. They're just how we view ourselves or how others do. To me a poser or "poseur" is someone who blatantly lies about who they are--the many clowns online who claim to be DJ's, A&R people, head chef at some AAA NYC restaurant or a surgeon, lol, just to name a few. These are official definite things, you either are or are not.

Motormouth models who spend their public chat time running off at the mouth about how her fellow models are "not all that," and bitching to her room about how certain models have high GOLD show goals. :woops: Instead of being so stuck-up and complaining to your room about how jealous you are of other models, why not BE INSPIRED by them? Put a smile on your face, be positive, and make guys in your room WANT to spend.

Nordling said:
Agree. Plus term or labels like geek or nerd aren't really official anythings. They're just how we view ourselves or how others do. To me a poser or "poseur" is someone who blatantly lies about who they are--the many clowns online who claim to be DJ's, A&R people, head chef at some AAA NYC restaurant or a surgeon, lol, just to name a few. These are official definite things, you either are or are not.

Yeah, I feel like there's a huge difference. To disregard someone as a "geek" or a "punk" or "goth" or whatever just because they don't meet your personal criteria for those things isn't really fair. They way that we define those words is subjective. Using the word in that sense really pushes my buttons.
Blatantly lying about something concrete is way different and to me that's where the word should really apply.

I think what really makes a poser has a lot more to do with someone blatantly lying about who they are/what they like to fit in image, as opposed to not liking things and being labelled. There are always going to be the goth police or geek police or whatever and those people can just bite it. I guess I'm not annoyed with posers; I'm annoyed with people who lie about who they are in an attempt to get me to like them. I also think a lot of people confuse "someone getting interested in something new" with a poser. :roll:

Missing an entire strip while shaving my legs and creating the dreaded leg stubble mohawk. :lol:

Jessi said:
When fucking MFC people say my boobs aren't real.
GOD DAMMIT dude I grew these myself! If they were fake they wouldnt be getting smaller dumbass...

I am not going to lie to you about being a licensed breast inspector, but I am willing to lie to everyone else. Let me jiggle them for five minutes, and I will make you the best counterfeit certificate of breast realness ever made.

People who attempt to sing the short version of Lean on Me but sing the annoying version instead.

Short Version:

1. Some
times in our lives

2. Lean on me

3. You just call on me brother

(repeat 2 and 3 ONCE)

Annoying version

(same as short version, but repeat 2 and 3 until people get so sick of the song they don't want to hear it for a year)

Actual Song

1. Some
times in our lives

2. Lean on me

3. please
swallow your pride
if I have strength
you need to borrow
for
no one can see
those of your needs
that you don't let show

4. you just call on me brother

5. lean on me

6. If
there is a load
you have to bear
that you can't carry
I'm
right up the road
I'll share your load
if you just call me

7. call me
when you need me
call me
when you want me
call me (fade)

On the subject of poor spelling, I once witnessed an 'are' for 'our' - as in "that's are secret".
It took me a few seconds to figure it out when i read it. :think:

And on MFC, lately I have developed some intolerance to members saying 'I have no tokens but...'
As already discussed in other threads, nobody really benefits from that line. And sometimes it actually kills the mood in the room.

mynameisbob84 said:
Doods on MFC who have names like "niceguy", "funnyguy", "charmingman". If you have to tell people you're all of those things, then chances are you're not any of those things, ya know?

Those are just their secondary accounts. Their primary names are "9inchcock", "10inchcock", etc... because "niceguywith9inchcock" had too many characters.

What the hell; I'll bitch about a few things too.

1. I'm also put off by bad grammar/spelling. I do some editing, so I'm conditioned to flinch when I see something that needs correction. Usually I just shut up about it since most people don't care, and many honestly can't tell what's wrong. It depresses me a little though. Exception: if someone's being a dick, I joyfully make fun of this stuff, cause I'm mean that way.

2. (This won't be popular): The whole "freeloader" bashing thing regarding MFC. For reals I understand people's frustration with the presence of so many non-tippers, but I still think, given how MFC presents itself, it's to be expected. The name says free, and most people are used to being able to access all sorts of things for free online (are we all freeloading on Amber's forum?). Then there's the ubiquitous "Make one $20 purchase and be a premium member forever." There's no note that goes with it that says, "Warning, if you take us at our word, you will be considered an asshole." Even though I tip, I can't help feeling bothered when I hear hostility directed at people just for not tipping. However: this assumes these people are either just watching or being pleasant, not gloating about not tipping, not being disruptive, etc. If they start acting entitled to demand things or to ruin other people's good times, then by all means, smack em around and I'll cheer.

3 People who arrive in a model's room just as a show is about to start and say, "just in time!" This comes under the heading of the exception above. It's like saying, "Perfect, I didn't contribute anything, and I get to see the show." Of course, this is much more okay if said in a tip note.

4. (The will be more popular): Camscores. Specifically, I hate that models are effectively penalized for just hanging out on cam and chatting with members. Seems to me that should be a plus. It makes things more fun for everyone involved (assuming the model feels like hanging out), makes it easier to make friends and cultivate regulars, and could be a good way to break up a stressful or slow day (maybe after getting to like the model a little personally, members will be more in the mood to tip her, and she can take a deep breath and not watch the clock for a bit). I'm sure bandwidth costs something, but won't MFC still make more money from a model who's on 6 hours and makes 5,000 tokens than from one who's on 2 hours and makes 2,000? (Numbers made up, point is, more tokens should be better than fewer tokens but more per hour.) This system seems designed to be frustrating. Models feel forced to log off to protect their scores if it's a slow day and probably feel bad about leaving the people who did tip. Members are disappointed that their favorite model logged off early. Bleh.

On a personal note, when a model actually is just taking time out to be friendly is my favorite time to tip -- it acts against the pressure to log off at a slow time, plus I like to think it implies appreciation of their personality not just that they get naked and masturbate.

5. Excessive ass-kissing. I'm all for being nice to the models, but dude! Give it a rest.

6. People having pet peeves that are things I do. :hiding:

Guys who think it's their job to call the rest of the room "cheap motherfuckers" or words to that effect, in an effort to "encourage" them to tip. On me at least, it has the opposite effect, stops any potential for tipping and usually makes me exit the room pronto.

Reactions: schlmoe
Status
Not open for further replies.