AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pet Peeves, yo.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VeronicaChaos said:
A lot of people take Pluto's demotion the same way a boy might take from a pretty girl "...let's just be friends" and I simply don't understand how people can take this as anything other than interesting and enlightening.

Some of us can relate.

Fd3x2iq.jpg

When I thought my nails were dry, so I go to get dressed and end up with nail polish smeared ALL over my pants. :woops:

When I just checked the food yesterday and it was good, the expiration date was fine, no mold or weird smells or anything, check it today and realize it's covered in mold. Wtf?!? :angry4: Now what am I going to eat? I have to totally rethink my meals for the day. Mood officially ruined.

Like Amber said...overuse of the retweet button.

Retweeting the following just seems silly to me:

"Eating breakfast."
"That was a good lunch."
"So tired...time for bed."
*You're that fascinated about your favorite model doing normal everyday activities, eh?*
tumblr_mmrfpbW0Ey1sqqdgdo1_250.gif

Retweeting the following would make more sense to me:

"I just found out that I'm having triplets!!!" :eek: :clap:
"My American Idol audition went GREAT...I'm going to Hollywood!!!!!" :character-beavisbutthead:
"Only 2 hours left to get in your entries for my Skype date raffle!" :animals-dogrun:

yummybrownfox said:

"Eating breakfast."
"That was a good lunch."
*You're that fascinated about your favorite model doing normal everyday activities, eh?*

"My American Idol audition went GREAT...I'm going to Hollywood!!!!!" :character-beavisbutthead:
"Only 2 hours left to get in your entries for my Skype date raffle!" :animals-dogrun:

Excessive quoting is still okay, right? :shifty:

Rich guys who screw over poor guys. (yes, I know) We installed a headliner in a (real) 1968 Hemi Dart for a long time customer. He paid almost a quarter of a million for the car BEFORE the restoration. It took about 4-5 months to finally get paid and then his "secretary" laid bad paper on us. $400 was the total of the bouncing check. Tons of run around and lies only to find out this morning that he isn't keeping much money in his accounts because he is under some federal charges. So of course I have to pay the price for this.
:angry4:

When all you wanted to do was check FB messages/statuses real quick, and you find out you're logged into that damn FB chat, and you get a "Hi" chat message from someone on your friends list. :woops: So now you've gotta stick around for a minute making chitchat.

Reactions: Nordling and Brad
yummybrownfox said:

"Eating breakfast."
"That was a good lunch."

Or when someone favorites really stupid shit.
"Uuugh I have a really bad headache, I need to take a nap :("
WHYYY would you favourite that? Are you saying you're glad Im sick?!

Jessi said:
yummybrownfox said:

"Eating breakfast."
"That was a good lunch."

Or when someone favorites really stupid shit.
"Uuugh I have a really bad headache, I need to take a nap :("
WHYYY would you favourite that? Are you saying you're glad Im sick?!

Or when people randomly retweet parts of a conversation that make no sense to anyone who doesn't already follow both people in the conversation.

"Yeah, I totally agree"
Retweeted by some schmuck

What the fuck am I supposed to do with that information? Someone has said something but I don't know what and someobody I don't know has agreed with them. Fantastic.

yummybrownfox said:
When all you wanted to do was check FB messages/statuses real quick, and you find out you're logged into that damn FB chat, and you get a "Hi" chat message from someone on your friends list. :woops: So now you've gotta stick around for a minute making chitchat.

I had that happen once and it freaked me out. I use Social Fixer now and just turn off the entire chat thing.
:oops:

Single letter text responses. I will say something and my friend will just respond "K". Kind of a waste of a text just to say "K".

AdamAdamant said:
Single letter text responses. I will say something and my friend will just respond "K". Kind of a waste of a text just to say "K".
This would not have happened back in my day, when every text was 19 cents and there were no flat rates. xD
I remember how me and my friends always tried really hard to fill out the 160 characters because we had to pay our phone bills with our pocket money.

LilyMarie said:
AdamAdamant said:
This would not have happened back in my day, when every text was 19 cents and there were no flat rates. xD
I remember how me and my friends always tried really hard to fill out the 160 characters because we had to pay our phone bills with our pocket money.

You had pocket money?

Reactions: Shaun__
When people tell a mother that they need to feed their baby in the bathroom (breastfeed) because they, "Don't need to see that," like the breasts which provide nourishment for a baby to survive is a shameful thing. Holy damn, do they not realize how FREAKING AMAZING it is that not only did this woman grow a baby in her body but her body is now producing magical baby-food?

Pssh. Go get fucked in the ass if you can't appreciate the beauty and amazingness of nature and want a baby to have to eat food in a disgustingly dirty bathroom because you want to be a selfish asshole.

This rant was set off by a woman who said, "my children and I don't need to see that. cover up!" :roll: :evil:

Bocefish said:
Sevrin said:
I'm peeved when the perforations of 2-ply toilet paper don't line up.

LMAO

...and even though you give it a good yank to break the horizontal perforations... you still get a vertical strip slice. :evil:
if you peel off the top layer leaving the second ply, the next layer should line up with top layer only losing about 4 sheets #TheMoreYouKnow from the Totally Useless Facts department

Camming related: "You're too beautiful to be a camgirl. What are you doing here?"

Really?
1. I'm not some poor, pitiful, exploited nimwit.
2. Wouldn't my appearance actually be perfect for camming, if you in fact think I'm beautiful?

Real life pet peeve: Grammar snobs. I mean, good for you. I'm glad you can spell, but lay off me. When you type fast, mistakes will be made. I know the difference between there, their, and they're. That doesn't mean I'm going to get them right every time. You should see how much I have to type in a single day.

Sevrin said:
MandyMetal said:
Camming related: "You're too beautiful to be a camgirl. What are you doing here?"

Ya know, that makes me wonder. Has a model ever told a member that he's too handsome/charming/funny/caring to be a camsite perv?

I've not said it before, but guys tell me models tell that to them. I tell them there's a billion and five reasons to be on a camsite on the performer or patron end.

Tea: When my tea smells done, but does not taste done. But I have taken the tea bag out and let it cool too much to put it back in and get a good steep. ._.

The homeless alcoholics here have made it a habit to stand right next to the supermarket's doors and say "Have a nice day" in a really bitchy way to every single person who goes through the door without giving them money. :roll:

Reactions: AngelicTease
LilyMarie said:
The homeless alcoholics here have made it a habit to stand right next to the supermarket's doors and say "Have a nice day" in a really bitchy way to every single person who goes through the door without giving them money. :roll:
Start carrying ads for jobs with you. Every snide 'Have a nice day' give em one.

Reactions: LilyMarie
JerryBoBerry said:
LilyMarie said:
Start carrying ads for jobs with you. Every snide 'Have a nice day' give em one.
They likely don't even have homes though. :?

What pisses me off is that they've chosen this life, though. They've decided not to accept help from the government. Even if you're just too lazy to work, you just have to apply for welfare and then you get it. It's not much, but it means not having to beg for money in the street. Plus your rent gets paid for you by the state. :roll: But they rather hang out on the street. I don't get it.

LilyMarie said:
JerryBoBerry said:
LilyMarie said:

What pisses me off is that they've chosen this life, though. They've decided not to accept help from the government. Even if you're just too lazy to work, you just have to apply for welfare and then you get it. It's not much, but it means not having to beg for money in the street. Plus your rent gets paid for you by the state. :roll: But they rather hang out on the street. I don't get it.
A lot of them are mentally ill, and some of them can become violent. We had a problem here with panhandlers a few years ago demanding people "acknowledge" them, and if you didn't, they would attack you.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Nordling said:
LilyMarie said:
JerryBoBerry said:
LilyMarie said:

A lot of them are mentally ill, and some of them can become violent. We had a problem here with panhandlers a few years ago demanding people "acknowledge" them, and if you didn't, they would attack you.
You should not assume that panhandlers, alcoholic or otherwise, are not receiving government assistance.

Nordling said:
LilyMarie said:
JerryBoBerry said:
LilyMarie said:

A lot of them are mentally ill, and some of them can become violent. We had a problem here with panhandlers a few years ago demanding people "acknowledge" them, and if you didn't, they would attack you.[/quote]

I don't know about Europe but definitely true in the US that many are mentally ill, and even more have substance abuses problems. It was one of those intractable social issues that has no good answers only less bad ones. When we locked up them up in mental hospitals, they complained bitterly about being there and it was crazy expensive. Now that they are on the street, they scare people and/or make them uncomfortable and often live sad lives.

I sometime fail or forgot, but I generally try and treat homeless people with respect. When they say "have a nice day", I look them in the eye and say "thanks, you too or a have great day". If they are being sarcastic, and many are, than I figure it will make them feel a bit guilty. If they are being sincere than small acts of humanity never hurt.

Making an online purchase and then finding out the order's been cancelled (even though there's more than enough money on the card). :woops: I went through this recently when trying to purchase mp3 files on Amazon, and then just now when trying to purchase an e-gift card for a friend. And now I have to play the waiting game to see how long it'll take the $50 to drop off of the 'Pending Authorizations' page and to go back onto my available funds. :banghead: I hate that shit.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.