AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pet Peeves, yo.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
when rich bosses hoard checks on Saturday until after the bank closes. people that have never had to live paycheck to paycheck have no clue that something so small can make such a big difference in someone's life.

I used to work for a small company owned by some very nice ladies, who were pretty wealthy (at least, had never been paycheque to paycheque). Before they started direct deposit, they'd sometimes forget to bring the cheques in and we'd have to wait over the weekend. It was so frustrating when you're counting on that money!

when rich bosses hoard checks on Saturday until after the bank closes. people that have never had to live paycheck to paycheck have no clue that something so small can make such a big difference in someone's life.
I used to work for a small company owned by some very nice ladies, who were pretty wealthy (at least, had never been paycheque to paycheque). Before they started direct deposit, they'd sometimes forget to bring the cheques in and we'd have to wait over the weekend. It was so frustrating when you're counting on that money!

When I was fresh dropped-out-o-college I worked at this place that paid weekly (cool) but only on Monday (fuck!). I recon it was to minimize the number of peeps that would call in "sick" on Monday... but it made it real hard to go out and get "sick" on the weekend.

When people add a "s" to the second word of a place that only has it at the end of one word: "Barnes and Nobles" "Victoria's Secrets". Double annoyance points if done in the store or the parking lot, in clear view of signs that show the correct spelling.

When people add a "s" to the second word of a place that only has it at the end of one word: "Barnes and Nobles" "Victoria's Secrets". Double annoyance points if done in the store or the parking lot, in clear view of signs that show the correct spelling.
Starbuckss

Well, at least they didn't use an apostrophe (possessive) before the "s". Be thankful for small things! :)

This bugs me so much. I don't even know why. Autism thing? I have muted at least one person on Twitter over it. "When will you be on Streamates next?" :mad:

This bugs me so much. I don't even know why. Autism thing? I have muted at least one person on Twitter over it. "When will you be on Streamates next?" :mad:

I haaate seeing people call it Streamates. Haha.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Purchase forms on the web, where you have to specify your country, and "United States" is listed alphabetically in the drop down list (i.e., near the bottom of a 200-something long list). And this is on sites where US customers must constitute 80-90 percent of the total. It's just lazy basic HTML work. Or a programmer could have it do a geolocation based on the customer's IP address, and build the list on the fly with the best guess location/country at the top of the list.

Here's how it should be done:

Screen Shot 2016-09-09 at 8.48.05 AM.png

Youtube videos with loud, crappy, generic 80s rock-type music as the "background."

Youtube instructional videos where the person doesn't verbally explain what he's doing as he's doing it. I'm like, what are you, a fucking mime? It's analogous to those wordless assembly instructions that come with some products. You have to follow the icons, numbers and arrows. I get that this is meant to accommodate multiple languages, but is it really that much extra effort to just explain it in words along with the illustrations?

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
When you're taking online surveys and the same survey asks for your demographic info 3 different times. I just told you!

Another survey favorite is when one page asks your zip code, then the next asks for your state. My zip code tells you which state I'm in! I'm essentially repeating information here! Just give me the buttons to click so I can earn my stupid dollar already.

Chewing loudly make me want to cover my ears.

I like this one. Thanks for the reminder:

I have an older brother that does that! He also eats with his elbows out, knife in one hand and fork in the other, like he's on a football team blocking people--but a real defining moment for me in life where I figured out when it was NOT ok to make an issue of the smaller annoying things happened when we were both in gradeschool and he would always slurppppp his cereal with every spoonful as I sat with him at 7:00 am every morning at the table. EVERY SPOONFUL was a slurping noise--this wasn't a one time thing either. So I, being the awesome communicator that I am, got really annoyed for some reason (I guess this is my very first Pet Peeve) and decided to slurrrp too! He told me to stop 3 or 4 times until he got pissed off at me imitating him and then he threw his bowl of cereal all over me. My Mom actually laughed at the absurdity of me being covered in Lucky Charms and milk and took his side ("Brian was making fun of meeeee!") and didn't punish him and made him clean up the mess.

I thought it was interesting life experience. Someone cuts me off in traffic I think of being covered in cereal. Someone butts in front of me in line and I try to think of being covered in cereal and milk. Anything where human interaction can involve someone reacting physically, I think about being covered with cereal and milk in the morning.:angelic:

Mine came from my dad. Th
I like this one. Thanks for the reminder:

I have an older brother that does that! He also eats with his elbows out, knife in one hand and fork in the other, like he's on a football team blocking people--but a real defining moment for me in life where I figured out when it was NOT ok to make an issue of the smaller annoying things happened when we were both in gradeschool and he would always slurppppp his cereal with every spoonful as I sat with him at 7:00 am every morning at the table. EVERY SPOONFUL was a slurping noise--this wasn't a one time thing either. So I, being the awesome communicator that I am, got really annoyed for some reason (I guess this is my very first Pet Peeve) and decided to slurrrp too! He told me to stop 3 or 4 times until he got pissed off at me imitating him and then he threw his bowl of cereal all over me. My Mom actually laughed at the absurdity of me being covered in Lucky Charms and milk and took his side ("Brian was making fun of meeeee!") and didn't punish him and made him clean up the mess.

I thought it was interesting life experience. Someone cuts me off in traffic I think of being covered in cereal. Someone butts in front of me in line and I try to think of being covered in cereal and milk. Anything where human interaction can involve someone reacting physically, I think about being covered with cereal and milk in the morning.:angelic:

Well at least it was lucky charms. I never was fond of those so I think "at least he didn't waste the good stuff"

• Funny!
Reactions: n_i_c_u
When websites have a box to check to remember your login info or keep you logged in, but they don't actually remember it. And it doesn't accept your browser's remembered info for the site, either.

I'm looking at YOU, Ulta. Why must I always type in my password? I'm not worried enough about someone hacking my makeup wishlist to be impressed by your security.

Chewing loudly make me want to cover my ears. Same with gum popping. All people who wear socks with sandals should immediately be euthanized

The first two items sound like a case of misophonia. The very notion sounds funny at first, but I can imagine that it could be extremely irritating, even debilitating, depending on how severe it is.

The first two items sound like a case of misophonia. The very notion sounds funny at first, but I can imagine that it could be extremely irritating, even debilitating, depending on how severe it is.
Well ya learn something nee everyday....who knew it had a name...its not that severve tho but I do get people regularly asking "what?" Because I'm giving them the evil eye unconsciously LOL

• Funny!
Reactions: Osmia
When you're taking online surveys and the same survey asks for your demographic info 3 different times. I just told you!

Another survey favorite is when one page asks your zip code, then the next asks for your state. My zip code tells you which state I'm in! I'm essentially repeating information here! Just give me the buttons to click so I can earn my stupid dollar already.

Actually, there are solid reasons for repeating questions (sometimes in a different format) in any survey or test. It's to weed out the non-serious responders who just give random answers.

Reactions: Osmia
When it takes half my lunch break to heat my lunch because that little frozen chunk from the middle won't thaw no matter how close to the edge I move it, and now I have 15 minutes to eat scalding hot soup.

When guys say "you'll love this song" and then insist that I play it. My ex did this all the time. Guarantee you 90% of the time I won't like it cause of that.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
When websites log you off after you check the box that says "keep me logged on." -__- It's so annoying. I'M LOOKING AT YOU, ORIGIN. Steam has no problem with keeping me logged in, why you gotta be like this? A couple of my mobile apps do this, and it's frustrating having to keep typing in passwords on my phone.

Also related to Steam: Why is Steam's security so much better than my damn bank account's site? :p

....Also related to Steam: Why is Steam's security so much better than my damn bank account's site? :p

Until recently, my bank's online banking website presented you with a captcha right after you had successfully logged in with your UN/PW. This was annoying AF, and made no sense. I emailed them and pointed this out, and their "security person" gave a vague response that I translated to mean, "not that many customers have complained about it, and it's too much trouble to change it."

Fortunately, they recently did a major upgrade of their online banking site, and the captcha is gone.

Until recently, my bank's online banking website presented you with a captcha right after you had successfully logged in with your UN/PW. This was annoying AF, and made no sense. I emailed them and pointed this out, and their "security person" gave a vague response that I translated to mean, "not that many customers have complained about it, and it's too much trouble to change it."

Fortunately, they recently did a major upgrade of their online banking site, and the captcha is gone.

A Captcha is way less annoying than my bank. They send me a pin machine that I have to put my card in and enter the pin every time I want to log in. Either on the computer or the phone app, which makes the phone app totally useless when I'm out as who the hell wants to carry a pin machine around with them everywhere they go.

A Captcha is way less annoying than my bank. They send me a pin machine that I have to put my card in and enter the pin every time I want to log in. Either on the computer or the phone app, which makes the phone app totally useless when I'm out as who the hell wants to carry a pin machine around with them everywhere they go.

Lol. I read a couple of articles recently about banks moving to biometrics, which conjures up those movie scenes where someone has their finger cut off or their eyeball removed so that it can be presented to the scanner that's guarding secrets, money, etc.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/22/b...ks-opt-to-scan-fingers-and-faces-instead.html

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2016/07/05/biometrics-and-banking

When guys say "you'll love this song" and then insist that I play it. My ex did this all the time. Guarantee you 90% of the time I won't like it cause of that.

This must be, i think, the 3rd time i've written about people's musical taste and the narcissism that goes with it...

One thing that grinds me is if you don't enjoy the same songs that another person likes, then they'll say you have "bad taste" in music. News flash: It's all personal preference. Don't be surprised if someone else doesn't like it.

Somehow, that realization sales over their head when they say "i have the best taste" or "your music sucks."

I didn't look through all these because it's fucking 49 pages.

I hate people who tell me that my mental illnesses are in my head. Like, no. They aren't. I legit have a problem functioning sometimes.
Also, when people tell me that I'm not trying. Which people tell me all the time.

This is not quite for mental illness but more for physical, although i think there's plenty of overlap...

...people that don't believe that you're actually sick unless you look like you're about to die. Yes it's possible to look perfectly healthy from the outside, yet have an ailment, even a serious illness, that's not noticeable to the naked eye.

My candidate for immediate deletion from the English slang lexicon: the gambling term "double down."

It had already reached cliche status four years ago. It's still used constantly, especially in political journalism--for example, "GOP Despairs As Trump Doubles Down On Being Trump."

- Not squeezing the air out of ziploc bags before putting back in fridge
- Not scraping food off plates before putting in dishwasher.
- People who do not like my pets (I trust my pets judgement if they do not like you tough!)
- Pumpkin spice EVERYTHING
- My 'CD Guy' not having 'Bob Marley'

• Funny!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Status
Not open for further replies.