AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Regarding MFC profiles...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
There seemingly is an abundance lately of girls googling for "free mfc profile" or somesuch, adding the code to their page, then doing basically NOTHING with it. Not only is this a really silly tactic, because it makes you look lazy and possibly fake, but it also causes me to decline your ACF model verification. These profiles have 1. no evidence of you being a model account vs. a member (that section is often missing), and 2. no evidence of you actually having broadcasted (no "last broadcast" date in the header, as the header is often missing). (and honestly 3. they annoy the crap out of many members, they've told me so).

And while this next comment has nothing to do with verification, it is still incredibly offputting. The lovely lady in the image is @Poker_Babe , the girl WHO CREATED THE CODE for the profile, not the model whom the profile belongs to! At the very least, delete that section or her image before going live with your profile.

Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 8.41.47 AM.png

Clearly this is a bit of a peeve of mine. I see a lot of model profiles each week due to my verification process here, and it seems with how popular camming and MFC is getting, more and more girls are making half-assed attempts at fancy profiles, when in reality, sticking with the basic MFC profile editor would be a better move if you're not ready to tweak custom css code appropriately.

So if your profile looks something like this:
Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 8.48.18 AM.png
my advice would be to delete the custom/advanced CSS
Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 8.50.20 AM.png

and use the basic editor until you know how to customize the fancy code you found on the web.

Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 8.50.36 AM.png

Last edited:
Can't hit the like button hard enough, its a huge pet peeve of mine too. I thought I was just turning into a giant grumposaurus so never even mentioned it.

The one that really bugs me is that template has a typo in the join a club section which when left unedited also says "Memebr name" like a thousand times just adding to the fact that the model never bothered to actually look at her own profile after just pasting it in. :rage::rage::rage:

memebr.jpg

Aaaah I so feel much better now thats all out.

https://www.codecademy.com/learn/web

Codeacademy has a pretty good run through of HTML and CSS for free, and should give anyone wanting to customize their profiles the tools to do so--especially when making working buttons, putting pictures up, videos, etc. HTML and CSS are pretty straight forward, however, once you start learning them.

When I started my job 7 years ago, I spent a lot of time writing HTML, JavaScript, and CSS. Those were very fun times, so it get a little excited when models want to learn more about it. Fun stuff.

Reactions: Dan N
thank you for the html link! i knew a lot of code but over the years of not using it this helps a LOT.

i really wish i had a nice fancy customizeable layout but i have no idea where to start or how to do all of that. so i stay simple for now :3

Reactions: Dan N
@AmberCutie "And while this next comment has nothing to do with verification, it is still incredibly offputting. The lovely lady in the image is @Poker_Babe , the girl WHO CREATED THE CODE for the profile, not the model whom the profile belongs to! At the very least, delete that section or her image before going live with your profile."

Hilarious XP

• Funny!
Reactions: Pookie_Fae
https://www.codecademy.com/learn/web

Codeacademy has a pretty good run through of HTML and CSS for free, and should give anyone wanting to customize their profiles the tools to do so--especially when making working buttons, putting pictures up, videos, etc. HTML and CSS are pretty straight forward, however, once you start learning them.

I'd hesitate making suggestions to models to start learning the markup codes from such resources. Yes if you wanna build your own index page (landing page) is ok, but not for MyFreeCams core platform which doesn't handle well a lot of HTML5 tags.
If you want to learn and build/design your own MyFreeCams profile page is better, easier and faster to learn form source, trials and errors (if you have enough time for that) but definitely not to learn an entire markup(s) (html and css) just to add 4 graphics, 3 buttons and style-up some text.
....and we are back to the "webdesign area" topic...

I'd hesitate making suggestions to models to start learning the markup codes from such resources. Yes if you wanna build your own index page (landing page) is ok, but not for MyFreeCams core platform which doesn't handle well a lot of HTML5 tags.
If you want to learn and build/design your own MyFreeCams profile page is better, easier and faster to learn form source, trials and errors (if you have enough time for that) but definitely not to learn an entire markup(s) (html and css) just to add 4 graphics, 3 buttons and style-up some text.
....and we are back to the "webdesign area" topic...

Why would you discourage models from learning a new skill? Basic HTML and CSS can come in handy in many situations, both related to camming and not. Learning the basics of a language isn't useless information. Even if you can't use HTML5 tags on mfc, knowing basic tags can be useful. Not everyone was taught how to code, and looking at some existing profile code can be extremely daunting.

It is difficult and time consuming to just start hammering away "trial and error" type methods when you have little to no background. Taking some time to read through a tutorial can save some headaches and frustrations down the road.

So if a model really wants to customize their profile, then yes, learning these things is important :)

Why would you discourage models from learning a new skill? Basic HTML and CSS can come in handy in many situations, both related to camming and not. Learning the basics of a language isn't useless information. Even if you can't use HTML5 tags on mfc, knowing basic tags can be useful. Not everyone was taught how to code, and looking at some existing profile code can be extremely daunting.

It is difficult and time consuming to just start hammering away "trial and error" type methods when you have little to no background. Taking some time to read through a tutorial can save some headaches and frustrations down the road.

So if a model really wants to customize their profile, then yes, learning these things is important :)

I am not discouraging anything. Yes, if you have time, it is good to learn new skills and I've already mentioned that (good for index pages or landing pages because it uses basic markup language) but less effective when it comes to MyFreeCams, or we talk here about something else and i've misunderstood the suggestion. I only suggest learning the basics and/or get professional without learning the unnecessary stuff. And getting professional is by playing with what you have learned trial and error.
Maybe my poor choice of expressions confused you a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.