AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Research Project

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2012
Hi everyone! My name is Sandra, and I am a student researcher from Purchase College. I am currently doing an ethnography on camming, and figured a forum would be a good place to get in contact with some of you. Below is an excerpt from my research proposal and what my goal is with this project. I would love to interview some of you, with complete anonymity insured. Preferably over Skype, but text based interviews are fine as well! They can be as brief as you are comfortable with.

If you are interested, please reply to this post or shoot me an e-mail at camprojectsq@gmail.com. I have also created a Skype account with that name (camprojectsq). I hope to hear from some of you :)

-Sandra

>>>>

I am interested in understanding how female sexuality is transformed and perceived through webcam sex, as well as how privilege and geographic location affect the dynamics of virtual sex work. While webcam sex websites are not limited to location, the experiences of the participants vary greatly depending on their cultural context. Where, how, and why they decide to do this work is rooted in their corporeal situations and subjectivities.

<<<<

This sounds like an interesting paper!

If you want information, I believe a lot of this could be seen just from lurking a bit in the General Camming Discussion, especially reading the oldest posts.

If you could give some more specific questions, I'm sure we can help you out. Good luck!

Reactions: LindseyDoll
Send me a PM (link on bottom left of every post) and I can send you my email if you'd like. I dont have skype but would be glad to help through email :)

Since time is money, hope the researcher will pay the cam girls who help them out or they shouldn't do it.

TheBammer said:
Since time is money, hope the researcher will pay the cam girls who help them out or they shouldn't do it.
Of the four posts you've made to this forum, all but one of them have been pretty negative in some way. These girls have volunteered. If they had wanted money for this then I'm sure they'd have asked; especially considering these are girls all well versed in camming and long standing members of this forum.

While your suggestion might have been ok with girls newer to camming, it seems a bit out of line and a tad rude here: "they shouldn't do it." :think:

TheBammer said:

If I had a grant to do this (which I might in the future, this is preliminary) then I would be more than happy to pay participants to interview with me. However, most ethnographic research doesn't involve money, it involves voluntary participation to whatever extent the participants choose. A great thanks goes out to those who want to help me out - there isn't much academic writing done about this!

Um first of all
GOOOOOOO SUNY!
Secondly, shoot me an email (curvyredhead89@mail.com) or a msg here or anywhere and I would love to help out.

Evvie said:
TheBammer said:
Are you serious, bro?

Sister, I'm trying to help you camgirls get paid with this (judging from your pictures and camscore and how you lurk on this forum almost every hour of the day you probably need the money "Evvie" so helping you out). Why help a complete stranger if there is no financial incentive for you? I could understand helping out a friend for free, but not a complete stranger. Sure it's probably some old, fat dude who is making up the "research project" to talk to cam girls. Call me cynical.

blackxrose said:
TheBammer said:
Of the four posts you've made to this forum, all but one of them have been pretty negative in some way. These girls have volunteered. If they had wanted money for this then I'm sure they'd have asked; especially considering these are girls all well versed in camming and long standing members of this forum.

While your suggestion might have been ok with girls newer to camming, it seems a bit out of line and a tad rude here: "they shouldn't do it." :think:

Thank you for looking up all my posts, you stalker. Obviously, your room must not be very crowded so you have time to creep on strangers on the board. If you can read "blackrose" (that's a huge assumption), you will notice whatever I say is the truth so deal with it.

camprojectsq said:
TheBammer said:

If I had a grant to do this (which I might in the future, this is preliminary) then I would be more than happy to pay participants to interview with me. However, most ethnographic research doesn't involve money, it involves voluntary participation to whatever extent the participants choose. A great thanks goes out to those who want to help me out - there isn't much academic writing done about this!

Well you have cam girls in this thread (who aren't very popular judging by their cam scores and/or room numbers) willing to do this free so I sure wouldn't pay them either. Just know that these cam girls are the bottom of the barrel types who don't make very much money camming so you're not getting a very good sample of actually successful cam girls.. You wouldn't see AmberCutie or PlayboyMegan, who actually make money, volunteer for this.

TheBammer said:
camprojectsq said:
TheBammer said:

Well you have cam girls in this thread (who aren't very popular judging by their cam scores and/or room numbers) willing to do this free so I sure wouldn't pay them either. Just know that these cam girls are the bottom of the barrel types who don't make very much money camming so you're not getting a very good sample of actually successful cam girls.. You wouldn't see AmberCutie or PlayboyMegan, who actually make money, volunteer for this.

Dude do you have practice to be such an asshole, or are you just naturally gifted in this department?.
Oh and for the record Ana has camscore over 3,000 which puts her in the top 5% or so of all models. I hope Megan and Amber volunteer just to prove that you are an idiot.

HiGirlsRHot said:
TheBammer said:
camprojectsq said:
TheBammer said:

Dude do you have practice to be such an asshole, or are you just naturally gifted in this department?.
Oh and for the record Ana has camscore over 3,000 which puts her in the top 5% or so of all models. I hope Megan and Amber volunteer just to prove that you are an idiot.

LOL, what about the other cam girls, dipshit??? Everything I said was the truth, fag.

TheBammer said:
. You wouldn't see AmberCutie or PlayboyMegan, who actually make money, volunteer for this.
Are you kidding me? LadyLuna and AnaVictoria are very successful camgirls. Not all successful camgirls are on MFC (wow, shocker!) If they feel volunteering for this project is worthwhile then there must be some merit to it.

Calling Evvie (who's another incredibly successful camgirl) "sister" is just downright rude.

You seem like a troll, since you obviously can read and made the decision to post these rude comments, so I'm going to pretend you just weren't taught manners and honestly don't know the definition of volunteering. It's not stalking if the only posts you make on a forum are in public topics are a all rude and condescending. Though you may need a few trolling lessons if you can't even spell my name properly. ;) I suggest messaging Bawksy. He could definitely teach you a thing or two about being a successful troll.

Or maybe you could just message 'sister' Evvie. She's a damn good troll herself.

blackxrose said:
TheBammer said:
. You wouldn't see AmberCutie or PlayboyMegan, who actually make money, volunteer for this.
Are you kidding me? LadyLuna and AnaVictoria are very successful camgirls. Not all successful camgirls are on MFC (wow, shocker!) If they feel volunteering for this project is worthwhile then there must be some merit to it.

Calling Evvie (who's another incredibly successful camgirl) "sister" is just downright rude.

You seem like a troll, since you obviously can read and made the decision to post these rude comments, so I'm going to pretend you just weren't taught manners and honestly don't know the definition of volunteering. It's not stalking if the only posts you make on a forum are in public topics are a all rude and condescending. Though you may need a few trolling lessons if you can't even spell my name properly. ;) I suggest messaging Bawksy. He could definitely teach you a thing or two about being a successful troll.

Or maybe you could just message 'sister' Evvie. She's a damn good troll herself.

LOL, LadyLuna's 736 cam score is "successful",,,ok, sure. Seems like a nice lady so not gonna bag on her. Big Evvie called me "bro" so I responded with "sister"-it might help if you could READ. I could care less about the spelling of your name. Ok, sure I'm a troll. I just tell it like it is. It's MFC rejects (low cam scores/bad room numbers) like yourself blackrose who want to do the "research project". I first tried to help you guys out by suggesting you get paid because I felt sorry for you since you don't make much money camming and because spreading your legs is your only skill in life. Now I say the researcher shouldn't pay you guys since you are a waste of time anyway.

Well gosh darnit. Thanks for letting me know I can't read. I was wondering why I didn't do well on MFC. I was just certain it was because I didn't cam there. :think: Nope, must be because I can't read and have been spelling my name wrong this whole time. :woops:

Well geez Luna. You must not be able to read either because you don't even cam on MFC either. We best get ourselves into school pronto so we can go learn to read and make a bajillion dollars on MFC tonight. Not reading is obviously why we do so poorly on MFC and why we're rejects who need to volunteer instead of making real money. Silly us!

TheBammer said:
blackxrose said:
TheBammer said:

LOL, LadyLuna's 736 cam score is "successful",,,ok, sure. Seems like a nice lady so not gonna bag on her. Big Evvie called me "bro" so I responded with "sister"-it might help if you could READ. I could care less about the spelling of your name. Ok, sure I'm a troll. I just tell it like it is. It's MFC rejects (low cam scores/bad room numbers) like yourself blackrose who want to do the "research project". I first tried to help you guys out by suggesting you get paid because I felt sorry for you since you don't make much money camming and because spreading your legs is your only skill in life. Now I say the researcher shouldn't pay you guys since you are a waste of time anyway.

LadyLuna is primarily a Stream Mate model if I recall correctly, and is quite successful and well liked... unlike you

You seem to have a thing up your ass for talking about "MFC rejects" and how much money cam models make. None of your business. When someone asks us to volunteer some info, it's not appropriate to jump in like a douche knight, seriously... fuck off.
You're just mad because we can have successful careers that seem easy to the ignorant. So dude, how about you tell us about the cam model who refused to have sex with you, broke your hear, or didn't give you enough attention? You're obviously a bitter misogynist.
News flash: Camscore does not determine you success as a cammer, your bank account does, and I don't think any of us will be sharing that information with you :hand:

ShelterLight said:
TheBammer said:
blackxrose said:
TheBammer said:

LadyLuna is primarily a Stream Mate model if I recall correctly, and is quite successful and well liked... unlike you

You seem to have a thing up your ass for talking about "MFC rejects" and how much money cam models make. None of your business. When someone asks us to volunteer some info, it's not appropriate to jump in like a douche knight, seriously... fuck off.
You're just mad because we can have successful careers that seem easy to the ignorant. So dude, how about you tell us about the cam model who refused to have sex with you, broke your hear, or didn't give you enough attention? You're obviously a bitter misogynist.
News flash: Camscore does not determine you success as a cammer, your bank account does, and I don't think any of us will be sharing that information with you :hand:

So you know "shelter", almost every model who is at streamate is a MFC reject who couldn't make it on MFC. LadyLuna, AlexLady, etc.

TheBammer said:
Evvie said:
TheBammer said:
Are you serious, bro?

Sister, I'm trying to help you camgirls get paid with this (judging from your pictures and camscore and how you lurk on this forum almost every hour of the day you probably need the money "Evvie" so helping you out). Why help a complete stranger if there is no financial incentive for you? I could understand helping out a friend for free, but not a complete stranger. Sure it's probably some old, fat dude who is making up the "research project" to talk to cam girls. Call me cynical.
Lol! The MFC model named Evvie isn't me, dipshit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't even cam on MFC.

Evvie said:
TheBammer said:
Evvie said:
TheBammer said:
Are you serious, bro?

Lol! The MFC model named Evvie isn't me, dipshit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't even cam on MFC.

I've seen you, fat ass, when you had your links in your sig. Plus your avatar pic (the one where it looked like you could barely fit in since you're so LARGE). You got smart and realized that putting your cam sites in your sig was a waste of time since no one cares about you. Did you fail out of junior high? Let me guess, did you make it to 7th grade??? I highly doubt it. I feel sorry for you actually.

camprojectsq said:
TheBammer said:

I think it is a really fascinating area for academic research. But I think chances of getting a grant are pretty slim. Pretty much any research that involves Playboy has ended up making a news item along with some cries of outrage. "What we pay professors to study this stuff :angry4: " One time when a grant was involved in Congress got involved.

On the other hand, 12 years ago, I ran across a researcher who popped in forum just like this looking for folks to help on economics on MMPORG like World of Warcraft (actually WOW didn't exist at time of the study.) His paper got publish in an Economics journal and became the most downloaded paper ever. He went on to continue research in the field got tenured positions at increasingly prestige universities, became a minor celebrity in the game development world, all this for playing EverQuest and doing some research. We kept in touch for a few years. One of the benefit to online computer gaming was when the guys paper came out showing that GDP of Everquest was larger than a country like Bulgaria, made people treat online gaming more seriously.

In addition to the obvious studies on Human Sexuality, I'd love to see research on behavioral economics. What make guys tip, what makes cam girls more popular?

Oh and folks please please don't feed trolls, this could be an interesting thread. Bammer first person on my ignore list congrats.

Jupiter551 said:
TheBammer said:
So you know "shelter", almost every model who is at streamate is a MFC reject who couldn't make it on MFC. LadyLuna, AlexLady, etc.
Where did you even come from and...would you kindly return there?

i came from your mom's bedroom (you were fucking your boyfriend nordling in the next room and didn't notice)

TheBammer said:
Jupiter551 said:
TheBammer said:

i came from your mom's bedroom (you were fucking your boyfriend nordling in the next room and didn't notice)
in the bathroom? hot

Too bad the OP isn't studying immature basement-dwelling morons who troll women on the internet out of a sense of inadequacy, you could be her star prospect.

Reactions: FrenchKitty
TheBammer said:
Jupiter551 said:
TheBammer said:

Jupiter, I had no idea you and Nordling were together. You guys! Awww.

Evvie said:
TheBammer said:
Jupiter551 said:
TheBammer said:

Jupiter takes it up the ass because Nordling bit his tiny dick off. Look at Jupiter's pics on his mfc profile-he is obviously gay as shit with his little balding gay haircut and those fag tattoos on his back.

TheBammer said:
Evvie said:
TheBammer said:
Jupiter551 said:
TheBammer said:

Jupiter takes it up the ass because Nordling bit his tiny dick off
then what happened?
zgHKY.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.